Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FELIX TRINIDAD
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MAHDI
--- How long was he using his illegal handwraps.. He was hailed as the greatest and most deadliest puncher/finisher in the sport at around the time of the Middleweight Tournament --

The question of the hand wraps come into question? Did he have an unfair advantage? Or did he start the cheating as he moved up in preparation for being the Middlelwewight champ?
mgrover
Id say the same about Mosley tbh.
MAHDI
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Id say the same about Mosley tbh.

Yes... I agree but he admitted it and redeemed himself by annihilating Magarito- he siad he had something to prove. Mosley gets crapped on but he forever has my respect for Fighting Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright twice.. also his destruction of margarito was classic

I watch William Joppy having early success and pushing Tito back, yet those hellacious shots??? Vargas said that before his fight with Tito he was told about his wraps. Joppy said that Tito;s punches had an unnatural feel to them
mgrover
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Nov 29 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Yes... I agree but he admitted it and redeemed himself by annihilating Magarito- he siad he had something to prove. Mosley gets crapped on but he forever has my respect for Fighting Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright twice.. also his destruction of margarito was classic

Oh sure he beat Magarito but the thing is its at lightweight I wonder if he was using. For that I can't trust the guy
MAHDI
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2013, 02:37 PM) *
Oh sure he beat Magarito but the thing is its at lightweight I wonder if he was using. For that I can't trust the guy

Yes I agree.. I feel Tito was always wrapping those hands. That skinny bird chest in retrospect is suspect
mrchitown
I can't give anyone a pass for cheating. Now that's not to say that they've done it their entire career but when it's brought to the light a cloud of suspicion has to be placed over their careers and that's definitely true for Mosley and Trinidad
checkleft
Pac wraps his hands the same way. I believe it was naasim that found this out to during the Mosley fight and got his hands re wrapped. if this dude was loading how the F would have whitaker and dlh stand up to this guys shots. Mayorga might be a tough sob but all the punches he took that fight you think with loaded gloves he would be in a coma.. I think behop and naasim were fishing as always and vargas and the others just wanted an excuse to justify their Ls.
mgrover
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Nov 29 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Yes I agree.. I feel Tito was always wrapping those hands. That skinny bird chest in retrospect is suspect

To me once tainted I could never trust a fighter again.
BrutUalBK
IMHO a skinny bird chest has nothing to do with what one's assessment may believe of a fighter's perceived punching power, if that' the case then Hearns shouldn't been able to KO anyone.

As far as Trinidad hand-wrapping issue then all we can go on is the assessment that his hands had been wrapped specially for the Hopkins fight and it was finally caught at that stage......it is possible that they were illegally wrapped for other fights but just like Margo we will never know for sure though we suspect he did it in other fights.

MAHDI
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Nov 30 2013, 12:31 AM) *
IMHO a skinny bird chest has nothing to do with what one's assessment may believe of a fighter's perceived punching power, if that' the case then Hearns shouldn't been able to KO anyone.

As far as Trinidad hand-wrapping issue then all we can go on is the assessment that his hands had been wrapped specially for the Hopkins fight and it was finally caught at that stage......it is possible that they were illegally wrapped for other fights but just like Margo we will never know for sure though we suspect he did it in other fights.

Dude Hearns had muscle-- lean muscle-- his back and shoulders were ripped. You could see his power before he even let a punch go
klonopinz
titos power came from his legs, he had track athlete legs. he would wind his hook up and let it rip. i beleive he cheated, but it was cheating combined with natural power, thats how he was able to get those spectacular ko's. you gota remember those idiots fargas and joppy stood right in front of im also, they were begging for it. but we will never kno
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Nov 30 2013, 11:47 AM) *
titos power came from his legs, he had track athlete legs. he would wind his hook up and let it rip. i beleive he cheated, but it was cheating combined with natural power, thats how he was able to get those spectacular ko's. you gota remember those idiots fargas and joppy stood right in front of im also, they were begging for it. but we will never kno

He had what hahaha. Man I ran track for years and Trinidad ain't have no track athlete legs, please find a better way to describe his perceived natural power lol....cheating is cheating. Like Mrgrover said once you cheat you can't be trusted. You put a cloud of doubt over your career and Trinidad is no different
MAHDI
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 30 2013, 12:09 PM) *
He had what hahaha. Man I ran track for years and Trinidad ain't have no track athlete legs, please find a better way to describe his perceived natural power lol....cheating is cheating. Like Mrgrover said once you cheat you can't be trusted. You put a cloud of doubt over your career and Trinidad is no different

"Perceived natural power" lmao---- CHEATO
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Nov 30 2013, 12:40 PM) *
"Perceived natural power" lmao---- CHEATO

I'm just saying there's nothing about Felix that reads track lol. He got good leverage on his shots so I'm not saying he didn't have pop but it is really questionable in light of what happened with his hand wraps. It's unfortunate but he did cast a tiny bit of doubt there.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Nov 30 2013, 10:00 AM) *
Dude Hearns had muscle-- lean muscle-- his back and shoulders were ripped. You could see his power before he even let a punch go

The point of this is that dude said that Tito had a skinny bird chest, which I replied has absolutely nothing to do with punching power. Is that not a fact?? Look at Hearn's chest, it has nothing to do with his punching power (which you're either born with or train to help develop more power/better technique to become a puncher) and in fact power starts in the legs-not the upper body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.