Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward Vs Adonis Stevenson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MAHDI
I was thinking Andre Ward could move up and put himself into STARDOM by beating Adonis Stevenson who was being frustrated the other night until he just overpowered Bellew. A good technical game plan, with a jab and movement...I think Ward can Frustrate, and out box Stevenson if he moved up to 175.
mrchitown
Ward can move up when he wants to and still beat Stevenson. Bellew had a decent game plan but he wasn't throwing like he should have been. One day i believe thy'll fight and when they do I think Ward will win. Andre is a special talent, he takes away his opponents best weapons and make them fight his fight. He's a Mayweather/Hopkins hybrid. Too many don't appreciate what their witnessing but like Floyd they'll appreciate it when it's gone
klonopinz
the time has come for ward mto move to 175. i mean we have two threads about this already. that says it right there. come on ward you know you wanna smile.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 1 2013, 09:30 PM) *
the time has come for ward mto move to 175. i mean we have two threads about this already. that says it right there. come on ward you know you wanna smile.gif

He ain't going to though. He's l ready said he's going to stay at SMW until he feels it's time. I don't think it's time yet but I understand the reasoning that many want him to move up. But he needs to grow into the division, not just move up because we want him to fight these fake boogeymennbi don't think he's a Light-Heavy yet
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 1 2013, 10:47 PM) *
Ward can move up when he wants to and still beat Stevenson. Bellew had a decent game plan but he wasn't throwing like he should have been. One day i believe thy'll fight and when they do I think Ward will win. Andre is a special talent, he takes away his opponents best weapons and make them fight his fight. He's a Mayweather/Hopkins hybrid. Too many don't appreciate what their witnessing but like Floyd they'll appreciate it when it's gone

on point bra

his jab was a god Damn piston
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 1 2013, 11:30 PM) *

Actually ward doesn't have to do shit. He doesn't seem to be enjoying boxing right now, i saw some random interview after the rodriguez fight where he was talking retirement.

His promoter situation is a mess and he seems very bitter that he is not appreciated.
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2013, 05:40 AM) *
on point bra

his jab was a god Damn piston

Actually ward doesn't have to do shit. He doesn't seem to be enjoying boxing right now, i saw some random interview after the rodriguez fight where he was talking retirement.

His promoter situation is a mess and he seems very bitter that he is not appreciated.

Let's hope he doesn't attempt a Tim Bradley type move.
mrchitown
That Larry Merchant just won't stay irrelevant....he did an interview and says the media and fans need to put pressure on Ward and Stevenson.
Cshel86
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 1 2013, 10:30 PM) *

laugh.gif

This is the funniest shit I've read all day! I second this!
Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 2 2013, 08:52 PM) *
That Larry Merchant just won't stay irrelevant....he did an interview and says the media and fans need to put pressure on Ward and Stevenson.

I can sort of dig some of what the old coot is hollering though, but he can't fault a fighter for making his availible "name" opponents around his division look like salmon to a bear. If anything, AW's the kingpin and if guys like Stevenson want to call out Froch instead, then that sublimely lets me know he's not ready.
Hotsauce
I will say this, ward has plenty of options
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 2 2013, 09:31 PM) *
I can sort of dig some of what the old coot is hollering though, but he can't fault a fighter for making his availible "name" opponents around his division look like salmon to a bear. If anything, AW's the kingpin and if guys like Stevenson want to call out Froch instead, then that sublimely lets me know he's not ready.

I agree because I think I got the point of what he was trying to say but like another writer said, it seems like Merchant was pushing the HBO agenda. Rumor has it that HBO doesn't want Ward to fight Chavez Jr and that's the fight Ward wants the most. Instead of giving him Chavez Jr, they want him to move up and he and his team have said no. Merchant is a ride or die for HBO, I get it his point but he got an agenda too
The Original MrFactor
I would love to see Ward beat down Chavez Jr. Stevenson and Ward would be a fight for the fans. What does Ward have at 168?? He's cleared out the division. He wants to make money now. Stevenson, like Ward, conquered Dawson. Why not him? I see that both guys are not calling each other out because the caller has to move in weight. I think Stevenson may have issues going down to 68 and Ward says he doesnt want to go up yet. Stevenson has business at 175 that he can do. What does Ward have at 168, that would bring him the money?
MAHDI
Ward and Stevenson... Is Andre afraid to go to 175? What is the damned hold up. Anyone can see that Chavez Jr will get annihilated.. he will barely lay a glove on Andre Ward... Time for Ward to go up
Dolimite
too soon for this fight to be made, about a year or so down the road, each fighter needs a top guy or two on their resume to generate public interest. Many people have no idea who Ward is and especially Adonis. Build this fight and it will be a good one. Adonis ain't out boxing ward, but if he touches Ward's chin, who knows,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.