Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gannady Golovkin vs Osumanu Adama Feb. 1?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Not really the opponent I was expecting from Gannady after the Stevens fight. I thought it would be more stiffer names from here on out, but this looks to me like another stay busy fight. For me, this doesen't really do anything for his stock if he wins so I'm gonna say that this is not a good start to 2014 for him that's for sure. Too much dancing around the names that matter at middleweight right now.
checkleft
Another no hoper? Man Gary Russell of the middles on the horizon?

Mora has been adamantly asking for a fight with him, ya got rubio, George... All of these guys are not world beaters but bro if you want the cream of the crop they look good on your resume. Put some work in already ggg
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 3 2013, 02:26 PM) *
Another no hoper? Man Gary Russell of the middles on the horizon?

Mora has been adamantly asking for a fight with him, ya got rubio, George... All of these guys are not world beaters but bro if you want the cream of the crop they look good on your resume. Put some work in already ggg

Exactly, but atlease he gets more fights in than GRJ.
HyyerBlaze
Weaker name but GGG fights 4 times a year...looks like he trying to just stay busy until he can get some fights with bigger names?
Cshel86
This is how the hype train operates...
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2013, 02:58 PM) *
This is how the hype train operates...

Without a doubt from what I learned in the Matthysse bit.
mrchitown
Disappointed to say the least. At some point his whole stay busy plan is going to have to include boxers who have a legit chance at beating him...it's enough solid names outside of the beltholders at 160 that he can fight
Hotsauce
Stay busy fight, I guess
Dolimite
I never heard of this guy. I guess I am not a real hard core fan. I doubt if he is a threat to GGG.I guess HBO needs a new ho since their old hoes are getting old and not giving them the action that were use to. I do not know who GGG is waiting on to fight to prove his worth but and he Gary Russell have the same mind set, pad their record and get money like that. GGG might be hurting himself in the long run, if he keeps fighting people that do not offer any challenge, when he does face a challenge he might find himself on the wrong side of the W column.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 3 2013, 03:01 PM) *
Without a doubt from what I learned in the Matthysse bit.

Matthysse was on the right track, as far as what was available. He couldn't pull the trigger when it counted the most though.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 3 2013, 04:55 PM) *
I never heard of this guy. I guess I am not a real hard core fan. I doubt if he is a threat to GGG.I guess HBO needs a new ho since their old hoes are getting old and not giving them the action that were use to. I do not know who GGG is waiting on to fight to prove his worth but and he Gary Russell have the same mind set, pad their record and get money like that. GGG might be hurting himself in the long run, if he keeps fighting people that do not offer any challenge, when he does face a challenge he might find himself on the wrong side of the W column.

Disagree

I can name a few of GGG's past opponents...certainly can't do the same for Gary Russell's past opponents...ANY of them.
The Original MrFactor
Who?
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2013, 08:14 PM) *
Matthysse was on the right track, as far as what was available. He couldn't pull the trigger when it counted the most though.

Disagree

I can name a few of GGG's past opponents...certainly can't do the same for Gary Russell's past opponents...ANY of them.

Isn't it boring being right all the time? It's a curse

As for the hype train, all aboard...
Franchize
What kills me about boxing nowadays is, great fighters get labeled as "scared" when they don't go up and fight these guys but nobody asks who the fuck they're fighting lol I've heard on numerous occasions that Floyd, Andre, Peter, Sergio and even Chad Dawson were "afraid to fight GGG." If ANY of those fighters fought a guy named Osumanu Adama (I had to copy and paste it) dntknw.gif, said fighter would be further proof they were "ducking" pleasantry.gif So how exactly does fuel continually get added to this hype train (as CShel said) when the guys you're fighting would be other guys "easy way out"?
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 4 2013, 07:31 AM) *
What kills me about boxing nowadays is, great fighters get labeled as "scared" when they don't go up and fight these guys but nobody asks who the fuck they're fighting lol I've heard on numerous occasions that Floyd, Andre, Peter, Sergio and even Chad Dawson were "afraid to fight GGG." If ANY of those fighters fought a guy named Osumanu Adama (I had to copy and paste it) dntknw.gif, said fighter would be further proof they were "ducking" pleasantry.gif So how exactly does fuel continually get added to this hype train (as CShel said) when the guys you're fighting would be other guys "easy way out"?

The media picks their heroes. GGG is the fan favorite, the great white hope (see the nut hugging of Johnnie Manziel). GGG is everything they want in a boxer. he looks the part. He can go on and fight bums for the next three years and no one will say a word. Mayweather ducked Margarito, P Williams (there is an argument with that) a prime Cotto, and of course Manny Pac. But, on the same coin, Manny Pac never avoided fighting stiff competition, see Brandon Rios! he is a hard puncher.

GGG reminds me of Mattyhsse, a knock out master against those who he should knock out (wasn't expecting him to beat Lamont Peterson) the people he fights, the same with GGG. HBO loves him and that will be all he needs. Look what the HBO hype did for Donaire.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 4 2013, 12:28 PM) *
The media picks their heroes. GGG is the fan favorite, the great white hope (see the nut hugging of Johnnie Manziel). GGG is everything they want in a boxer. he looks the part. He can go on and fight bums for the next three years and no one will say a word. Mayweather ducked Margarito, P Williams (there is an argument with that) a prime Cotto, and of course Manny Pac. But, on the same coin, Manny Pac never avoided fighting stiff competition, see Brandon Rios! he is a hard puncher.

GGG reminds me of Mattyhsse, a knock out master against those who he should knock out (wasn't expecting him to beat Lamont Peterson) the people he fights, the same with GGG. HBO loves him and that will be all he needs. Look what the HBO hype did for Donaire.

Bad analogy...media kills Manziels with all his "off the field issues"...and like it or not the guy plays good football and has beaten some great teams.

GGGs last two fights were exactly "bums".
checkleft
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 4 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Bad analogy...media kills Manziels with all his "off the field issues"...and like it or not the guy plays good football and has beaten some great teams.

Spot on w/manziel
mrchitown
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 4 2013, 08:04 PM) *

What? Like who the fuck gets thrown out of the Manning's QB camp, them dudes is laid back. And why would you go to a rival school's frat party like they like you. Dude is an accident waiting to happen, and with all that they still bill him as some future great NFL QB whose going to shatter records. Manziel is over hyped
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 12:00 AM) *
What? Like who the fuck gets thrown out of the Manning's QB camp, them dudes is laid back. And why would you go to a rival school's frat party like they like you. Dude is an accident waiting to happen, and with all that they still bill him as some future great NFL QB whose going to shatter records. Manziel is over hyped

The media hates manziel, he's in there with the mark sanchez of the world.. every little thing gets scrutinized and made into a big story. I swear I saw a story the other day about sanchez getting corn rows or dreads or Idk Wtf.

The kid wins football games, get off his back. This is kind of the double standard for white athletes, if it was a Latino or black athlete going out and partying and shit we would hear crickets... Because we like to fucking party! But since its johnny football it turns into a shitstorm. Come on now, guys in college. He wants to have fun to
mgrover
so whose he meant to fight that will fight him...
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 02:52 AM) *
The media hates manziel, he's in there with the mark sanchez of the world.. every little thing gets scrutinized and made into a big story. I swear I saw a story the other day about sanchez getting corn rows or dreads or Idk Wtf.

The kid wins football games, get off his back. This is kind of the double standard for white athletes, if it was a Latino or black athlete going out and partying and shit we would hear crickets... Because we like to fucking party! But since its johnny football it turns into a shitstorm. Come on now, guys in college. He wants to have fun to

It is a double standard but he's a stupid kid. Imo he's a white Broner. When a white person is scrutinized in the media it's get off their back when it's a minority it's justified and it's funny. His own family says he's a train wreck, that ain't blown out of proportion. Taking money for autographs. At least have some tact. If you don't want shit don't get caught. RIP to Malcolm X, he said it would be like this. The white washing of our society is nearly complete lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 5 2013, 03:25 AM) *
so whose he meant to fight that will fight him...

He doesn't have an exclusive contract with HBO, if his trainer is so confident he can beat Quillin he can jump to Showtime. His team is just as full of shit as the rest of them. They can make these fights happen.... Step up and fight Ward. He and his team talk shit and then in the next breath say they're not moving up just yet. I like watching him fight but he's a question mark until he fights the real fighters in and around his weight class. Ain't nobody afraid of Golovkin that's his team and HBO hyping him up
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 01:00 AM) *

I think he just didn't show up for the camp because he was hung over.Not like it was a team practice/meeting/game.

But what I'm saying is, Yes their is hype behind him..but mostly is justified.Guy plays hard and makes things happen.When he beat Alabama last year I was pretty shocked but starting to realize the guy can play.

Will that translate to the pros? Idk...but right now he is a player you want to watch play.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 09:24 AM) *
It is a double standard but he's a stupid kid. Imo he's a white Broner. When a white person is scrutinized in the media it's get off their back when it's a minority it's justified and it's funny. His own family says he's a train wreck, that ain't blown out of proportion. Taking money for autographs. At least have some tact. If you don't want shit don't get caught. RIP to Malcolm X, he said it would be like this. The white washing of our society is nearly complete lol

I don't think people think its justified for minorities, remember when broner pulled that stunt in the club with the stripper? Everybody was on his case. All those OSU players doing the same thing manziel did and more with the tat scandal the car lot thing.. it gets blown up. I mean manziel is barley even doing anything out of the ordinary with the autograph thing. Him partying it up shouldn't be a surprise the guys a college stud, as Hotsauce would say "let him cook".
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 4 2013, 01:36 AM) *
Isn't it boring being right all the time? It's a curse

As for the hype train, all aboard...

I HATE being right...especially when it's something that I truly wanna be wrong about...if that makes any sense. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 5 2013, 09:26 AM) *
I think he just didn't show up for the camp because he was hung over.Not like it was a team practice/meeting/game.

But what I'm saying is, Yes their is hype behind him..but mostly is justified.Guy plays hard and makes things happen.When he beat Alabama last year I was pretty shocked but starting to realize the guy can play.

Will that translate to the pros? Idk...but right now he is a player you want to watch play.

If you get kicked out a sports camp you missed something. And what they say he missed was a film session. And to add insult to injury, Alabama QB, McCarron tried to get him up and he wouldn't. He's a player to watch but he needs to be watched as well, he's a fuck up
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 10:10 AM) *
I don't think people think its justified for minorities, remember when broner pulled that stunt in the club with the stripper? Everybody was on his case. All those OSU players doing the same thing manziel did and more with the tat scandal the car lot thing.. it gets blown up. I mean manziel is barley even doing anything out of the ordinary with the autograph thing. Him partying it up shouldn't be a surprise the guys a college stud, as Hotsauce would say "let him cook".

If you let one cook then let them all cook. Can't pick and choose. Media is the new form of slavery. Vick gets belittled for the dog incident but Ben Roethlesberger fucked up twice not once but twice and it was sexual assault and ESPN barely even mentioned it. It wasn't a big headline anywhere...being an idiot is being an idiot. don't say shit about Broner and then at the same time give Johnny a pass because he's in college, he's the same age as or barley younger then Adrien. Your only further proving my point lol..and I'm the one who started saying let him cook. Get it right lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 01:02 PM) *
If you get kicked out a sports camp you missed something. And what they say he missed was a film session. And to add insult to injury, Alabama QB, McCarron tried to get him up and he wouldn't. He's a player to watch but he needs to be watched as well, he's a fuck up

Isn't this the one with the fine ass girlfriend???
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 02:02 PM) *

Yeah maybe...but like I said, it was not a school/mandatory camp.Haven't heard anything of him missing an actual team meeting/practise/film session/scrimmage.

^^^yeah McCarron was the one with the hot girlfriend, lol Darnell Dockett kept trying to hollar at her.

(Manziel GF's is out standing as well)
mrchitown
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 5 2013, 01:18 PM) *
Yeah maybe...but like I said, it was not a school/mandatory camp.Haven't heard anything of him missing an actual team meeting/practise/film session/scrimmage.

^^^yeah McCarron was the one with the hot girlfriend, lol Darnell Dockett kept trying to hollar at her.

(Manziel GF's is out standing as well)

I just don't see how the picking and choosing goes, but he's a class X idiot. But I'd be lying if I said he wasn't a good football player but it's better QB's in college football then him. A Lot of those elite 11 dudes who Trent Dilfer brought to his camp from early this summer are producing well in the college game and some will get a shot to start next year. I'd take the DNA QB Jamies Winston over Manziel lol

Mccaron girl looks very nice but I like a girl with an all around body somebody like am Ayisha Diaz if you know who that is, not that over saturated Hollywood white girl bullshit lol. I'd hit though, just to have her on my record, I haven't seen Manziel's girl
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2013, 12:57 PM) *
Isn't this the one with the fine ass girlfriend???

Yes!.... i wonder what Golovkin's girl looks like, it's a prerequisite to have a bad chick if you a boxer
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 02:27 PM) *
He doesn't have an exclusive contract with HBO, if his trainer is so confident he can beat Quillin he can jump to Showtime. His team is just as full of shit as the rest of them. They can make these fights happen.... Step up and fight Ward. He and his team talk shit and then in the next breath say they're not moving up just yet. I like watching him fight but he's a question mark until he fights the real fighters in and around his weight class. Ain't nobody afraid of Golovkin that's his team and HBO hyping him up

why should he, hes making good money, why cant peter go on over? and why doesnt ward come down, i like how people are all like oh yeah ggg should move up. but when i say why doesnt ward move up and everyones like oh nah plenty more fights at 168...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.