Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac vs next Top Rank opponent
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
Who will it be next for Pac? I don't think Marquez gives him a rematch and Provodnikov is a Roach fighter, so does that make Bradley the logical choice? The other possibility is they lack confidence in Manny and want another easy Top Rank fight. Any ideas?
mrchitown
Barely cracking 500k, it better be somebody good lol. But I saw something that said Marquez is willing to rematch Pacquioa, we'll see. I think it'll be Bradley
xxxxxx
It should be Bradley.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 01:18 AM) *
Barely cracking 500k, it better be somebody good lol. But I saw something that said Marquez is willing to rematch Pacquioa, we'll see. I think it'll be Bradley

Only 500k in China??
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 08:54 AM) *
Only 500k in China??

Nah I think it was USA
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 02:54 AM) *
Only 500k in China??

According to Arum it did between 500-550k...Schaefer went on a tirade yesterday and clowned him and said it did between 300-350k. Either number is realistic to me because I know some hard core fans who forgot that he was fighting that weekend. And they went to a bar like me and watched it...either way that's a tremendous flop. those are his lowest PPV numbers since the Diaz fight and that was ages ago
Franchize
Ouch you can't ask for "50/50" with numbers like that lmao

I think his next fight SHOULD be Floyd or Bradley but I think his next fight may be Provodnikov. I don't think enough people bit the bait with Rios being dangled as the fight to prove "Manny's back."
sduck
His next fight should be Bradley, he needs to avenge that and if he truly won the first to all the 'blind' fans, then he needs to prove he did.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 01:54 AM) *
Only 500k in China??

Nope, US. But if Bob said it was 500k I think it is much lower. Bob has never told the truth abou anything. So I think the number is much lower. On boxingscene Bob said that the Pac and Ruslan fight can happen. So much for making the Pac and May fight.... laughable.
HyyerBlaze
Still waiting on the numbers for the Mayweather/Guerrero fight tho.....
mrchitown
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 6 2013, 10:45 AM) *
Still waiting on the numbers for the Mayweather/Guerrero fight tho.....

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it did better then this shit fest from a few weeks ago....you will be waiting until the end of time because Showtime doesn't seem to release the PPV numbers, even for the fight in September they haven't released a number but it's said to be upwards of 2.2mil and probably still climbing...i know that the rumored numbers for the Guerrero fight were around 800k but TR minions like Dan Rafael and Kevin Iole put that out while Showtime claims it barely cracked a mili. either way the numbers was better then this bullshit
mrchitown
And the back and forth between Arum and Schaefer is really annoying and the more it goes on the more I get disgusted. It's amazing that two grown men can't agree to disagree, all they do is posture in the media to try to one up the other. Arum had no business commenting on the potential Mayweather-Khan fight, he said who gives a shit about that fight and in the same manner he put on a who gives a shit fight two weeks ago. But Schaefer should've took the high road, even though I literally lol'd when he said people buy TR PPVS because they have good lighting laugh.gif

We wouldn't have to wonder who Manny's next opponent would be if these two babies would change their diapers and work together. As boxing fans, our only saving grace is that both companies are running out if viable options. Sooner or later they'll have to do business or the more likely scenario, TR's best fighters jump ship and they're out in the cold. Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today? That's the attitude these two need to take.
KOpower
I would guess the Pac-Rios fight was about 450,000-475,000 and the Mayweather-Guerrero fight did about 700,000-800,000. Both sides are full of it.

I think those 2 numbers are good for boxing because it makes it more likely that they will fight each other. Arum is slowly running out of options at Top Rank, especially if Marquez refuses a 5th fight. Where does Arum go at that point? I also think Manny will look to leave Top Rank and sign with GBP because they have newer/fresher options. Pac could fight Broner in a huge PPV. He could fight Garcia and it would do better than anyone Top-Rank has except for Marquez. Then there is obviously Mayweather and that fight could get made MUUUUCH easier if GBP had ties with both fighters.

Top Rank's stable is just stale and boring.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 6 2013, 02:04 PM) *
Top Rank's stable is just stale and boring.

Yet Rios/Alvardo2 and Bradley/Ruslan both FOTY candidates...
checkleft
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 6 2013, 02:13 PM) *
Yet Rios/Alvardo2 and Bradley/Ruslan both FOTY candidates...

Bradley and ruslan is better, nobody thought it would be that kind of fight..
BrutUalBK
Well honestly the best and safest fight for Manny to take so he won't get put to sleep isn't Provo but it should be Bradley so he can clear the air on the previous decision and get his belt back and the same time plus he won't run the risk of getting Marquezed again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.