Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Hate to say i told ya so... wait..? no i dont
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-believes-p...kov-made--72392

I know I've said this countless times and its been dismissed... But I knew this fight could definitely be made. Ruslan looked exceptional without roach in his corner his last fight. And money talks

Thoughts
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 11:20 AM) *

I know I've said this countless times and its been dismissed... But I knew this fight could definitely be made. Ruslan looked exceptional without roach in his corner his last fight. And money talks

Thoughts

laugh.gif at the thread title!

Gotta love how sleeze bag Arum can downplay a friendship, or talk "sense" into guys and convince them they're merely two men who occasionally exchange words, rather than friends. Arum could give two shits about friendship...especially when business is calling...can you blame him?

As you mentioned, Roach trains Ruslan, but he did better without Roach this past October. No matter what Roach tells Manny about Ruslan, and regardless of whether they're sparred in the past or not...BOTH guys are those "temperamental nice guys". As soon as a good punch lands, then pitbulls will be unleashed...

Hope this one happens
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 09:20 AM) *

Thoughts

Well, I said this in another thread. Who else is he going to fight? Arum can low ball Ruslan and give Manny whatever he feels he should get. This fight makes sense. This fight we can see what Manny's chin is made of. This fight will make Ward vs. Gatti look tamed. Oh and the 500k Rios Ppv produced this fight had to be made.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 09:20 AM) *

Thoughts

Well, I said this in another thread. Who else is he going to fight? Arum can low ball Ruslan and give Manny whatever he feels he should get. This fight makes sense. This fight we can see what Manny's chin is made of. This fight will make Ward vs. Gatti look tamed. Oh and the 500k Rios Ppv produced this fight had to be made.
Gambit808
WHO TF ARE THESE FIGHTERS MAN, (Ruslan/Rios/Alvarado) and what have they done honestly to be in, or as runners up of a main event PPV? I mean it's like Arum's shoving these regular cable fighters down people's throats for a buck, when the actual worth of these fights are HBO after dark worthy, even if Pacquiao's name is on the bill. But hey, whatever cracks 400-500k views from here on out I guess. dntknw.gif
mrchitown
Did Ruslan say this? Sounds like Arum just trying to pressure him into taking the fight. Just read it, half of what he aid was bullshit, he said....I think he said. which one is it you lying bastard? He trying to force Pacquiao/Bradley/Provodnikov hand. For a PPV fight, Bradley is better then Ruslan because it's unfinished business there. He just can't stop dropping duds. If he thought 500k was bad then wait til he gets the return on the numbers from a fight between Ruslan and Manny...and he act like he's constantly up at wild card, how the fuck he know they not good friends. man I'm calling duck tales on this bullshit they may fight but as always this clown embellishing shit just for his own personal reasons
mgrover
heres to him dying before 82...
HyyerBlaze
Yeah read most likely be Manny/Bradley....and JMM/Ruslan...so that JMM gets "punished" for skippimg another fight with Manny.

Fuck I hate Arum..but those 2 fights I'd like to see.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 5 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Yeah read most likely be Manny/Bradley....and JMM/Ruslan...so that JMM gets "punished" for skippimg another fight with Manny.

Fuck I hate Arum..but those 2 fights I'd like to see.

Trust me, Arum will make a 5th JMM/Pac fight, before he throws Marquez to the wolves. Marquez is ALWAYS resistant to a Pac fight...well, to think about it, he was resistant to a 4th fight...at least he pretended to be. Lol
checkleft
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 5 2013, 12:39 PM) *
WHO TF ARE THESE FIGHTERS MAN, (Ruslan/Rios/Alvarado) and what have they done honestly to be in, or as runners up of a main event PPV? I mean it's like Arum's shoving these regular cable fighters down people's throats for a buck, when the actual worth of these fights are HBO after dark worthy, even if Pacquiao's name is on the bill. But hey, whatever cracks 400-500k views from here on out I guess. dntknw.gif

Well I mean who else is he suppose to fight?? These are the best fighters TR has

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 01:24 PM) *
Did Ruslan say this? Sounds like Arum just trying to pressure him into taking the fight. Just read it, half of what he aid was bullshit, he said....I think he said. which one is it you lying bastard? He trying to force Pacquiao/Bradley/Provodnikov hand. For a PPV fight, Bradley is better then Ruslan because it's unfinished business there. He just can't stop dropping duds. If he thought 500k was bad then wait til he gets the return on the numbers from a fight between Ruslan and Manny...and he act like he's constantly up at wild card, how the fuck he know they not good friends. man I'm calling duck tales on this bullshit they may fight but as always this clown embellishing shit just for his own personal reasons

he said he talked to ruslan in the link I posted and ruslan said he wanted it. And it def. Won't pull those Floyd numbers but it might do around the Rios amount, especially if Russian support shows up because it will probably be in Asia
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 07:07 PM) *
Well I mean who else is he suppose to fight?? These are the best fighters TR has

he said he talked to ruslan in the link I posted and ruslan said he wanted it. And it def. Won't pull those Floyd numbers but it might do around the Rios amount, especially if Russian support shows up because it will probably be in Asia

That's where you fucked up at, he said....since when do we trust Arum now lol

http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/par/img/editorial/du....1363971225.jpg

Lmao
mrchitown
HBO just shitted on em..said the PPV did 475k...daaaamn laugh.gif

Now if he flopped like that, what a fight with Ruslan does is beyond me. Dude got money troubles and you going throw him in with another dude who the public don't know....I see a few scenarios and they all involve Marquez, Pacquiao, and Bradley

He could go ahead and produce the flop heard round the world with Manny and Ruslan, and then in the fall match Pacquiao against Bradley or Marquez. Or he could make Pacquiao-Bradley 2 and put JMM-Provodnikov on the undercard and then to end the year have the coveted 5th fight between Marquez and Manny...or he could put Manny in with Marquez now and have Ruslan fight Rios on the undercard and then do the rematch with Bradley at the end of the year

Bottom line, Pacquiao and Bradley's contracts are complete at the end of 2014, Arum is known to give his fighters a treat in order to get them to sign an extension and then go back to his old ways of doing things. He even did that with JCC Jr, he wouldn't put him in a fight until he agreed to sign an extension. I'm going out on a limb and saying he loses these 2 and we will see them cross the line over to GB in 2015. Either way, he's going to have to keep these 2 happy, I don't see what Ruslan does for a poor man's pockets coming off a flop
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 5 2013, 11:09 PM) *
HBO just shitted on em..said the PPV did 475k...daaaamn laugh.gif

Now if he flopped like that, what a fight with Ruslan does is beyond me. Dude got money troubles and you going throw him in with another dude who the public don't know....I see a few scenarios and they all involve Marquez, Pacquiao, and Bradley

He could go ahead and produce the flop heard round the world with Manny and Ruslan, and then in the fall match Pacquiao against Bradley or Marquez. Or he could make Pacquiao-Bradley 2 and put JMM-Provodnikov on the undercard and then to end the year have the coveted 5th fight between Marquez and Manny...or he could put Manny in with Marquez now and have Ruslan fight Rios on the undercard and then do the rematch with Bradley at the end of the year

Bottom line, Pacquiao and Bradley's contracts are complete at the end of 2014, Arum is known to give his fighters a treat in order to get them to sign an extension and then go back to his old ways of doing things. He even did that with JCC Jr, he wouldn't put him in a fight until he agreed to sign an extension. I'm going out on a limb and saying he loses these 2 and we will see them cross the line over to GB in 2015. Either way, he's going to have to keep these 2 happy, I don't see what Ruslan does for a poor man's pockets coming off a flop

Yep...til the 11th month of 2014, then comes the bullshit...that extension (as you mentioned). Ruslan can knock out a guy with poor man's pockets, coming off of a flop. The minute that Manny feels that he needs to "impress", is the moment that he'll be planking on the canvas again.
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 5 2013, 08:07 PM) *

I'm just calling a spade a spade. Bradley or Marquez are the only other PPV main event quality opponents availible for Manny. Why Provodnikov or Alverado is a consideration after the Rios debacle is beyond me. If Arum is gonna throw Manny/Bradley/Marquez in there with the likes of Provodnikov/Rios/Alvarado then make it be on Boxing After Dark because those fights won't sell.
checkleft
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 6 2013, 12:19 AM) *
I'm just calling a spade a spade. Bradley or Marquez are the only other PPV main event quality opponents availible for Manny. Why Provodnikov or Alverado is a consideration after the Rios debacle is beyond me. If Arum is gonna throw Manny/Bradley/Marquez in there with the likes of Provodnikov/Rios/Alvarado then make it be on Boxing After Dark because those fights won't sell.

The only fight I MIGHT pay for is Bradley vs pac. But I don't buy TR ppvs regardless

Even at 3 to 500k the sales are better than most ppvs. And still generates money

I fully agree with the BAD thing. But I would want to see these fights regardless
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 6 2013, 12:55 AM) *
The only fight I MIGHT pay for is Bradley vs pac. But I don't buy TR ppvs regardless

Even at 3 to 475k the sales are better than most ppvs. And still generates money

I fully agree with the BAD thing. But I would want to see these fights regardless

Fixed that for ya, for somebody who claims to be right all the time, you sure get shit wrong a lot laugh.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/manny...00764--box.html
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2013, 11:15 PM) *
Yep...til the 11th month of 2014, then comes the bullshit...that extension (as you mentioned). Ruslan can knock out a guy with poor man's pockets, coming off of a flop. The minute that Manny feels that he needs to "impress", is the moment that he'll be planking on the canvas again.

He's going to have to cater to Tim and Manny in 2014, you've said ti yourself time and time again how he likes to operate at then end of a fighter's contract and I'd expect nothing different to happen in this instance. That's why I can see the theory Check is talking about in the first half of 2014, you match him with Ruslan and put Bradley in with Rios and then put them two in against each other at the end of the year and make them sign extensions. But putting him in with Ruslan could be trouble because if he puts Manny to sleep. Then he's out of the bigger picture and it will be difficult to get him back in it
KOpower
Pac vs Bradley is the only fight out there if Marquez refuses a 5th fight. I think that will be the fight Arum makes in the summer of 2014. Arum will NOT give us a good undercard. He never does. That's just the way Bob does business. He will save his money and give a crap undercard and probably ask $70 for the PPV event. He knows he won't hit big numbers, but he still probably makes money because of the high price and low undercard cost.

MAJOR props to GBP for giving us good undercard fights. They have a much better/deeper stable of fighters, but at the same time they are willing to send them in with each other.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 6 2013, 09:23 AM) *
Fixed that for ya, for somebody who claims to be right all the time, you sure get shit wrong a lot laugh.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/manny...00764--box.html

Unlike lupe fiasco, I try to dumb it down around you chi so you can keep up bra, I think Cshels can attest to this taunt.gif
Dolimite
475k damn! Marquez 5,6,7,8,9 and Bradley 2,3,4,5
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 6 2013, 09:12 AM) *
Unlike lupe fiasco, I try to dumb it down around you chi so you can keep up bra, I think Cshels can attest to this taunt.gif

Haha if you believe that then no wonder Cotto is in your sig
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 6 2013, 10:06 AM) *
475k damn! Marquez 5,6,7,8,9 and Bradley 2,3,4,5

Those are the only true viable options that he has for Manny, and I don't see anything in the Top Rank stable that will net them a viable option. They were even talking about Jessie Vargas getting a crack at Tim. I'm not clowning his skills but it seems they're scrapping the bottom of the barrel. I think it's inevitable that Manny and Tim leave
BrutUalBK
I hope Arum makes this fight because should Manny lose then Bob knows he can easily get his new Cashcow ready for fights. Maybe Arum is thinking with all of Manny's tax troubles that he may see the end of the road for Pacquiao.

Hmmm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.