Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45(ET)/6:45(PT)-Rigondeaux-Agbeko/Kirkland-Tapia-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reaction's for tonight's HBO card in this thread. No comments about the Showtime card will be permitted in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Something tells me that Kirkland gets tested again tonight. I think that Rigondeaux will beat Agbeko, but I wont be surprised if Agbeko stuns him tonight...that usually happens when Rigo steps out of exchanges with his hands down.
jtiizzle
kirkland loses by KO
jtiizzle
mack the knife
aTYpicalTYrant
I have Macklin 5 rounds to 2
aTYpicalTYrant
97-93 Macklin
aTYpicalTYrant
I guess this is gonna be one of those HBO Legendary Fights....lol

10-9 Tapia
Cshel86
Man I'm trying to flip back and forth, but this Alexander/Porter fight is surprising me a bit. .(no spoilers)

aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 7 2013, 10:59 PM) *
Man I'm trying to flip back and forth, but this Alexander/Porter fight is surprising me a bit. .(no spoilers)

These dudes are just trading punches.....lol. It's ridiculous. Lampley is enjoying for sure.

I got it 39-37 Kirkland

Anne Wolf said, "This yo destiny nigga!" Lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 7 2013, 11:03 PM) *
These dudes are just trading punches.....lol. It's ridiculous. Lampley is enjoying for sure.

I got it 39-37 Kirkland

Anne Wolf said, "This yo destiny nigga!" Lol

laugh.gif

Gotta love Anne Wolf!!!
aTYpicalTYrant
I swear these dudes were both doing the deer dance at the same damn time CSHEL! Lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 7 2013, 11:05 PM) *
I swear these dudes were both doing the deer dance at the same damn time CSHEL! Lol

FUCK!!!
aTYpicalTYrant
Kirkland by 5th round TKO
KOpower
Tapia's corner needs to be ashamed. They really hurt their young fighter tonight.
aTYpicalTYrant
Kirkland hit Tapia clean as shit while Smoger was stepping in to stop the fight. Tapia would have collapsed had Smoger not held him.
aTYpicalTYrant
Ann Wolf be having Kirkland on that Mike Vick training regiment.... (Dogfighting not football) lol
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 7 2013, 11:10 PM) *
Tapia's corner needs to be ashamed. They really hurt their young fighter tonight.

They should have stopped that fight in the 4th. Nobody is going to beat Kirkland if they allow him to land 50% of his punches in multiple rounds.
aTYpicalTYrant
10-9 Rigo

That left upper is gonna seal the deal
aTYpicalTYrant
20-18 Rigo

Agbeko is too inactive
aTYpicalTYrant
30-27 Rigondeaux
aTYpicalTYrant
40-36 Rigo
aTYpicalTYrant
50-45 Rigo......
aTYpicalTYrant
Why am I even scoring this shit... Agbeko's inactiviTY is leaving a lot to be desired. At least my cranberita is getting the job done.

60-54 Rigo
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 7 2013, 11:57 PM) *
Why am I even scoring this shit... Agbeko's inactiviTY is leaving a lot to be desired. At least my cranberita is getting the job done.

60-54 Rigo

Mannnnn...don't lose your man card around here...its not hard to do. Where's the Henny or the Goose??? laugh.gif
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2013, 12:02 AM) *
Mannnnn...don't lose your man card around here...its not hard to do. Where's the Henny or the Goose??? laugh.gif

I prefer Crown but I'm at my girl's hotel... This ice storm fucked up my weekend for real. Knocking out power and shit. Either or this women's beer is righteous! Lol
aTYpicalTYrant
100-90 Rigo
aTYpicalTYrant
110-99 Rigo

On our way to a shutout
Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 8 2013, 12:09 AM) *
I prefer Crown but I'm at my girl's hotel... This ice storm fucked up my weekend for real. Knocking out power and shit. Either or this women's beer is righteous! Lol

laugh.gif

I'm scared to make a comment here...you seem to be in a tight situation. As long as you make the best of it, then I'm cool with it. Lol
aTYpicalTYrant
You can call me a lot of things. But what you won't call me tonight is sober....
aTYpicalTYrant
120-108 Rigo

Cshel86
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 8 2013, 12:20 AM) *
You can call me a lot of things. But what you won't call me tonight is sober....

Hahahahaha!!!!

Drink up my man...your girl loves when you drink what they "like to drink", and take advantage of you. Glad I never got caught drinking Arbor Mist

laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
I like how Kellerman gave Rigo his props prior to the fight. He is special. He has the explosiveness of Zab Judah with the elusiveness of Pernell Whittaker. This guy is 5x better than his opponent each time. Rigo is a great fighter and a pleasure to watch do his work.
Dolimite
Kirkland surprised me! He has yet to lose with Ann Wolfe in his corner. Maybe this is a turning in his career. It was a good fight. I hope Tapia is okay. He was taking a beating. Good fight. Rigondeaux looked even better. Agbeko had no answer for him. I think Showtime had the better card.
Cshel86
For the record, Smoger needs to officiate fights that involve both fighters being able to take one another's shots. No way he should've had anything to do with Kirkland/Tapia...his intuition to stop fights is getting worse. Let's hope that Tapia isn't gonna be in the hospital.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 8 2013, 01:49 PM) *
For the record, Smoger needs to officiate fights that involve both fighters being able to take one another's shots. No way he should've had anything to do with Kirkland/Tapia...his intuition to stop fights is getting worse. Let's hope that Tapia isn't gonna be in the hospital.

Smoger and Tapia's corner should be ashamed of themselves..... Smoger also should have grabbed Kirkland to stop the onslaught. That last punch shouldnt have even been available in my opinion. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that boy didnt need to take that much damage.
checkleft
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 8 2013, 02:15 PM) *
Smoger and Tapia's corner should be ashamed of themselves..... Smoger also should have grabbed Kirkland to stop the onslaught. That last punch shouldnt have even been available in my opinion. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that boy didnt need to take that much damage.

Great post. That doctor deserves a lot of blame as well
Jack 1000
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 8 2013, 01:15 PM) *

Oh man,

I might get flaked for this! But I thought the stoppage was OK. (borderline I'll say.) My main concern was that last punch that Kirkland landed. That was some bad shit there. But those first three rounds were among the best that you could put in for classic wars. Steve Smoger to his credit did watch carefully and in the corner he and the doctor communicated between rounds. The only bad thing was that final punch. If Steve Smoger had prevented that last shot thrown by Kirkland, than I don't think the complaints about the stoppage being late would have been that strong.

If that fight had been in Great Britain with Howard Foster or any British ref, he probably would have stopped it as early as round two when Kirkland had that flurry. If today's British refs were working with the way they stop fights now, we would have never had so many of the great boxing wars of the past. If only that last punch had not connected. THAT'S what people are upset about-and I can understand that.

Jack
Dolimite
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Dec 8 2013, 11:15 AM) *

Spot on. Especially with the Magomod* spelling, thing just happening. The kid looked bad coming out of round 3. The corner should be questioned. I cannot fault Kirkland, he was doing his job. Smoger and the doctor should of stopped the fight after round 4. Tapia was not coming back. I hope the kid is okay. I honestly do. Good fight but terrible ending.
checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 9 2013, 02:04 AM) *
Oh man,

I might get flaked for this! But I thought the stoppage was OK. (borderline I'll say.) My main concern was that last punch that Kirkland landed. That was some bad shit there. But those first three rounds were among the best that you could put in for classic wars. Steve Smoger to his credit did watch carefully and in the corner he and the doctor communicated between rounds. The only bad thing was that final punch. If Steve Smoger had prevented that last shot thrown by Kirkland, than I don't think the complaints about the stoppage being late would have been that strong.

If that fight had been in Great Britain with Howard Foster or any British ref, he probably would have stopped it as early as round two when Kirkland had that flurry. If today's British refs were working with the way they stop fights now, we would have never had so many of the great boxing wars of the past. If only that last punch had not connected. THAT'S what people are upset about-and I can understand that.

Jack

Hbo just saw a guy put in a coma like a month ago.. and these dipshits (tapias corner) literally had to tell their fighter "open your eyes" and sent him right back out there like he was fucking fine. That's disgusting, and for the doc and the ref not to have the balls to stop it earlier is disgraceful. The kid is 23, he could easily be ruined because of what happened.

But I mean everybody sees things different
Jack 1000
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 9 2013, 01:33 PM) *
Hbo just saw a guy put in a coma like a month ago.. and these dipshits (tapias corner) literally had to tell their fighter "open your eyes" and sent him right back out there like he was fucking fine. That's disgusting, and for the doc and the ref not to have the balls to stop it earlier is disgraceful. The kid is 23, he could easily be ruined because of what happened.

That is a good point. The corner could have stopped it between round 5 and 6.

Jack
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 9 2013, 01:33 PM) *

Can't argue with anything you just said here, it's nothing but the truth. I thought Tapia showed a lot of heart but his corner failed him. If he's healthy going forward and he's said he will have a cautious fight the next time out, if I were him I'd fire my corner and look for a whole new team
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 9 2013, 10:24 PM) *
Can't argue with anything you just said here, it's nothing but the truth. I thought Tapia showed a lot of heart but his corner failed him. If he's healthy going forward and he's said he will have a cautious fight the next time out, if I were him I'd fire my corner and look for a whole new team

Exactly what he should do. The kid looks like he has some goods, I just dont think they had the right game plan.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 10 2013, 01:35 AM) *
Exactly what he should do. The kid looks like he has some goods, I just dont think they had the right game plan.

I wonder how much was taken out of him, after that beating he took this past weekend. He countered James a few times, which was good, but as you said, they had the wrong game plan.

Guys like Kirkland, needs to be "Molina'd" every time...if not, then he'll bull rush you and take your punches...especially if he has you backing up. Most guys cant fight backwards, so James doesn't have to worry about their shots having any sting on them.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 10 2013, 12:35 AM) *

His corner did him a great disservice and truth be told his performance up to that point had me wanting to see more of him. I still do, he has some skills. He just needs a trainer that will look out for his best interest and not "HIS" best interests

Tapia is a decent boxer but he prefers to mix it up and that was his problem. I understood what they were trying to achieve in the 1st but after that it's like they had no backup plan they led him to believe he could KO James in the first. They thought this because James isn't a candidate for having an iron chin and due to the layoff. Once their strategy failed they sent him out there on his own.

I was talking over strategies with another trainer on how to beat Kirkland and it's certain things you have to do to have success against him. I've seen home discouraged in fights before. Like the Molina fight, he's a ball of energy and he likes to dictate the pace. But when you dictate the pace and get your shots off first he's beatable and he looks shaky....it won't happen but I'd like to see James and Canelo fight now, it's a 50/50 fight. Canelo would have to impose his will early and gain Kirkland's respect but with the stamina issues he has, James is dangerous every second every round and in the 2nd half of the the fight the momentum will turn in James' favor. I don't know if Canelo can survive that
Franchize
Within Glen Tapia is a kid with talent and skills being buried behind the the facade of the next Arturo Gatti his local fan base wants him to be. It's very unfortunate. Boxing has become like watching the movie Gladiators. It's more entertaining to most to see someone fight to the death and lose than see someone with enough skills to win and survive.
Dolimite
I give all the credit to Ann Wolfe! She is probably the only thing besides malt liquor that can get through to Kirkland. she knows how to get James to fight. Tapia needs an entirely new team. The fucked him over and too be honest he should sue their asses for damages. The kid was done after the 4th round. They should of called the fight. Did you guys see the power punches stats that Kirkland landed on Tapia? It is a miracle he is still living.
Franchize
Yea Tapia's corner should be ashamed of themselves. Normally, I say make the call based on the temperament of your fighter but c'mon. Beyond the fact that he'd gassed and taking a hell of a beating, his eyes closed on multiple occasions in the corner. It looked like they were showing re-runs of Bayless asking Khan if he was ok during the Garcia stoppage.
HyyerBlaze
Per-dan rafael " The 550k viewers drawn by Rigo-Agbeko is among the lowest viewerships in HBO's Boxing After Dark history."

Dang
Cshel86
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 11 2013, 01:50 PM) *
Per-dan rafael " The 550k viewers drawn by Rigo-Agbeko is among the lowest viewerships in HBO's Boxing After Dark history."

Dang

no2.gif

Why didn't Arum fight to schedule Riog's fight the week after Manny's fight, and them move that Stevenson double-header to last weekend?
mrchitown
They talking about a fight between Andrade and Kirkland next. That's a toss up imo. Dangerous fight for both boxers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.