Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kirkland, Molina, or Lara for Canelo Comeback
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Who's the best option here if the Cotto fight doesen't happen?
mrchitown
None of them are viable PPV options but they're all options for him. I'd cancel out Kirkland though. That would be the most entertaining fight but GB does not seem to want to deal with 50 after that fiasco with TMT promotions. And let's not forget Haymon is involved with GB, though not with these fighters. I doubt we ever seen this match

He should go for Molina, he has a title and it's a winnable fight for him but Molina is highly likely to mess up his night if Canelo isn't on his A-game. He needs to stay away from Lara, he's all wrong for Canelo. He will do to Canelo what Trout should have did
AZWildCat
The Molina fight was the most logical for them regardless of how these other events took place ... I see Kirkland stopping canelo with pressure and power if canelo don't ko him early. and Lara earning an easy decision ...he better fight Molina for his own sake
Marcus
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 8 2013, 03:29 PM) *
None of them are viable PPV options but they're all options for him. I'd cancel out Kirkland though. That would be the most entertaining fight but GB does not seem to want to deal with 50 after that fiasco with TMT promotions. And let's not forget Haymon is involved with GB, though not with these fighters. I doubt we ever seen this match

He should go for Molina, he has a title and it's a winnable fight for him but Molina is highly likely to mess up his night if Canelo isn't on his A-game. He needs to stay away from Lara, he's all wrong for Canelo. He will do to Canelo what Trout should have did

I agree. Molina is the best option. It's not a PPV FIGHT however it's a fan friendly, winnable fight for Canelo and that title would raise Canelo's stock. However as you said Canelo has to be on his A game. Molina, Martirosyan, Bika - with those guys it's not about what they do right but what you did wrong. Those are gate keeper fighters so Canelo needs to focus. I also think Canelo needs a new trainer. His trainer did all that he could do which had gotten him far. However I don't think his trainer can do anything else. I'd like to see Canelo with Robert Garcia or Nacho in his corner.

Canelo won't be able to avoid Lara for long though. If Floyd decides to vacate his belts (which he will, I don't see Floyd going back to 154 unless Cotto goes on a crazy win streak) then Lara would be champ and I think Lara would be KING at 154 IF promotional stipulations/the sanctioning bodies don't corrupt anything to set Canelo up for those titles. Thank God a fighter like Lara that's hated by fans/avoided has Haymon in his corner. Otherwise it would be really sad to see all that talent boxed away
Dolimite
Molina deserves it but Kirkland will make for a better and interesting fight. Make Canelo v. Kirand!
kej718
The Kirkland fight would have been great after his last performance problem with that is didn't he sue Golden Boy? (Fight will probably never get made)
Molina has the IBF title and is beatable (good come back fight)
Lara is the best out of the 3 but stylistically he would give Canelo the most problems. He just got the WBA belt too so that helps his chances.

If im the promoter and am trying to build him back to be a star I go for Molina, and put Lara vs. Angulo on the under card ohmy.gif so the winner of each fight can face each other in the next event. This is assuming Canelo does not fight the Cotto vs. Martinez winner. biggrin.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 8 2013, 08:21 PM) *
Molina deserves it but Kirkland will make for a better and interesting fight. Make Canelo v. Kirand!

GB and Haymon say stfu lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 8 2013, 03:05 PM) *
I agree. Molina is the best option. It's not a PPV FIGHT however it's a fan friendly, winnable fight for Canelo and that title would raise Canelo's stock. However as you said Canelo has to be on his A game. Molina, Martirosyan, Bika - with those guys it's not about what they do right but what you did wrong. Those are gate keeper fighters so Canelo needs to focus. I also think Canelo needs a new trainer. His trainer did all that he could do which had gotten him far. However I don't think his trainer can do anything else. I'd like to see Canelo with Robert Garcia or Nacho in his corner.

Canelo won't be able to avoid Lara for long though. If Floyd decides to vacate his belts (which he will, I don't see Floyd going back to 154 unless Cotto goes on a crazy win streak) then Lara would be champ and I think Lara would be KING at 154 IF promotional stipulations/the sanctioning bodies don't corrupt anything to set Canelo up for those titles. Thank God a fighter like Lara that's hated by fans/avoided has Haymon in his corner. Otherwise it would be really sad to see all that talent boxed away

Funny you bring that up because I've been seeing this stated a lot. I think Nacho would do wonders with him

Canelo should avoid Lara for as long as he possibly can
xxxxxx
It says I already voted but don't remember doing so lol. Anyways I would love a Canelo-Kirkland fight and was disappointed when it didn't come off before. With that said Molina or Lara are the likely opponents if no Cotto.
checkleft
Molina is the better comeback opponent for him which is what the poll asked for. But I would prefer the fights with Lara or kirkland, we have yet to see him eat a good shot from a true jmw
Franchize
I saw Kirkland. It's a very winnable fight against a guy who has a buzz still. Makes sense and cents.
checkleft
Do you guys think gbp would even work with kirkland after all the shit that happened? I have doubts
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 13 2013, 03:28 PM) *
Do you guys think gbp would even work with kirkland after all the shit that happened? I have doubts

Money can make sour grapes turn into fine wine, but as it's been noted here, GBP does have other options that at the moment can more than make up for the amount that fight can make. I think if Kirkland is still winning a fight or 2 more in, it can't be ignored.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 13 2013, 02:28 PM) *

I don't think so either. Look what he did to them after they helped keep him outta trouble. He was facing a serious offense and some years and they went to court and vouched for him and he turns around and shits on them and wiggles his way out of the contract and signs with 50. That's the biggest reason why I don't see it happening. Schaefer ain't putting no money in 50's pockets. This fight is a coulda, shoulda, woulda, unless James is away from 50. Yeah the fight makes dollars and cents but they went against Haymon and GB. And they papered up already, they don't need him, Kirkland needs them. How this fight gon take place lol. Nah, forget about it, not happening
Dolimite
Lara would beat the shit out of Canelo. Kirkland fight would be risky so Molina would be his safest bet.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 14 2013, 01:32 PM) *
Lara would beat the shit out of Canelo. Kirkland fight would be risky so Molina would be his safest bet.

You think so? Personally, I think Canelo would beat the dog shit out of Kirkland. Even though Kirkland put on a nice performance in his latest victory, he exposed a lot of his what I like to call "sloppy flaws," especially the fact that he can't fight in the center of the ring. However, that may be because he was comin' off of a 20 month layoff.

This video sums up how I feel about it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.