Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Burns-Crawford@2PM(ET)/11PM(PT)-SPOILERS!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
The good news is that Crawford gets his mandatory shot at the WBO Lightweight Title. The bad news is, it is going to be in Scotland, Burns' hometown, so if it goes to the cards, the best Crawford is likely to get is a draw.

Story here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/crawford-b...scotland-232945

Jack
bnoles4life
First thing I thought, when reading this announcement: They've stacked the deck against T.C.
mrchitown
Burns is such a bum. I don't like to say things like that about a fighter but imo it'd the truth. I don't care where it's taking place. Crawford is leaving the ring with that belt and Burns will be the next fighter to fall into obscurity
aTYpicalTYrant
Crawford is going to make this boxing session too definitive. At least I'm hoping so.
Cshel86
Oh laaaawd!
checkleft
Burns gets burned. Dude is not all that

Good fight nonetheless
AZWildCat
Hopefully there Will be no shenanigans.
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 9 2013, 09:44 PM) *
Hopefully there Will be no shenanigans.

You're asking for too much, lol
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 10 2013, 10:18 AM) *
You're asking for too much, lol

There's always hope lol

but the ugly truth is a bogus decision. or a what the tell was the ref thinking ill stoppage...which has been popular lately.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 10 2013, 01:21 PM) *
There's always hope lol

but the ugly truth is a bogus decision. or a what the tell was the ref thinking ill stoppage...which has been popular lately.

Get Howard Foster in there and if Crawford loses his balance or some shit by Burns stepping on his foot, he'll stop it on the first follow up exchange.

Jack
Gambit808
Oh yeah, Ricky Burns, the guy who ducked Broner. Could be a tough fight for both, but a good step up none the less.
checkleft
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 10 2013, 04:18 PM) *
Oh yeah, Ricky Burns, the guy who ducked Broner. Could be a tough fight for both, but a good step up none the less.

Really? Burns looked like garbage his last fight

Funny how vasquez hasn't been mentioned by either of these guys fuck.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 10 2013, 02:21 PM) *
There's always hope lol

Couldn't agree more. Crawford's gonna have to knock Burns out, to get a split decision.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 02:55 PM) *
Get Howard Foster in there and if Crawford loses his balance or some shit by Burns stepping on his foot, he'll stop it on the first follow up exchange.

Jack

laugh.gif

This cracked me up, big time! On the other hand though, Groves just completely turned his back, so I wasn't sure of what to make of that...and that was me from my couch. Lol

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2013, 12:06 PM) *
Really? Burns looked like garbage his last fight

Funny how vasquez hasn't been mentioned by either of these guys fuck.gif

fuck.gif

That's for even mentioning him, lol
gwite
Believe it when it happens.

I think if there is any chance/excuse(jaw) for Burns to get out of this, he will.

Even if stripped of the title.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2013, 03:08 PM) *
Couldn't agree more. Crawford's gonna have to knock Burns out, to get a split decision.

laugh.gif

This cracked me up, big time! On the other hand though, Groves just completely turned his back, so I wasn't sure of what to make of that...and that was me from my couch. Lol

fuck.gif

That's for even mentioning him, lol

You think vasquez beats both of these guys? I think he does
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 12 2013, 01:03 PM) *
You think vasquez beats both of these guys? I think he does

I think he does as well...the question is...in what fashion? By way of boredom, or will he fight just a liiiiitle bit more aggressively?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 01:55 PM) *

Jack

I still feel the same way about this fight. My gut feeling is that Crawford has to win nine rounds just to get a draw. Terrance should have refused this fight taking place in Ricky's hometown! I smell bullshit!

Jack
Cshel86
Totally forgot about this scrap! I'll have to set my alarm to be sure that I don't miss this one on Saturday afternoon..I suck at time differences. Crawford has the skills to make this an easy fight, but who knows...
mgrover
If Crawford goes for the safe UD, and its an ugly fight, which Burns will make it, I have a feeling they'll rob Crawford, thats how most robberies happen, its an ugly fight and hard to tell if the guy that should of lost is landing punches or not
Jack 1000
We have a good article on the fight here:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16243.html

Jack
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 26 2014, 09:16 AM) *
If Crawford goes for the safe UD, and its an ugly fight, which Burns will make it, I have a feeling they'll rob Crawford, thats how most robberies happen, its an ugly fight and hard to tell if the guy that should of lost is landing punches or not

Same here. TC's gotta make this a clear definitive win, if no KO/TKO, maybe a KD or two, have him hurt on more than one occasion along with a dominant performance. As someone said the deck is stacked against him, but then again we may see the best performance yet from RB, who I'm sure knows this is a statement fight. A tough decision to call... I hope TC wins, but I'm going with the hometown guy Ricky Burns.
mgrover
Anthony Joshua wins by first round KO, left hook on opponents cheek bone. He needs guys that'll go the rounds with him. Also the dude he beat went 9 rounds with chisora
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 1 2014, 05:07 PM) *
Anthony Joshua wins by first round KO, left hook on opponents cheek bone. He needs guys that'll go the rounds with him. Also the dude he beat went 9 rounds with chisora

Joshua's accuracy was good to see. Albeit, his opponent wasn't the most mobile guy in the world.
Cheesey1
Definitely intrigued by this match up. Crawford should take it, but maybe Burns will be 'on fire'...
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 1 2014, 05:27 PM) *
Definitely intrigued by this match up. Crawford should take it, but maybe Burns will be 'on fire'...

Who u got?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 1 2014, 05:29 PM) *
Who u got?

Crawford.

Burns team are saying all the right things, though, but Crawford should put it all together and win. Still, Burns might surprise.
Cshel86
Good afternoon ladies!
Cshel86
Does Crawford know he's in Scotland??? He's either too relaxed, or timid...hopefully it's the initial. Burns is wild as hell in there
mgrover
2-0-1 to burns, but crawford is dialling in
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2014, 05:43 PM) *
Does Crawford know he's in Scotland??? He's either too relaxed, or timid...hopefully it's the initial. Burns is wild as hell in there

I think Crawford's trying not to run into something.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2014, 05:43 PM) *

I expected him to pick it up from here on out, but he should realize this ain't in the states. He usually is sort of slow starter.
mgrover
2-2-1
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 1 2014, 05:46 PM) *
I think Crawford's trying not to run into something.

That may be the case, but I missed the last two rounds...my laptop is in full "fuck you Cshel, I'm ready to crash on you" mode.

Oh yeah, welcome to FightHype
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 1 2014, 05:46 PM) *
I expected him to pick it up from here on out, but he should realize this ain't in the states. He usually is sort of slow starter.

He needs to do something about that slow starting stuff, really.
mgrover
3-2-1 to Crawford
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2014, 05:54 PM) *
That may be the case, but I missed the last two rounds...my laptop is in full "fuck you Cshel, I'm ready to crash on you" mode.

Oh yeah, welcome to FightHype

Thanks. Good old, afternoon boxing.
mgrover
4-2-1 Crawford
mgrover
5-3-1
Cheesey1
Jim Watt is making me laugh. Burns isn't throwing that much because Crawford's made him pay when he does attack. At least he's scored it properly.
Cshel86
...can't say that Crawford isn't going for the kill here...he's being careful, but he's letting his hands go..thank God.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2014, 06:16 PM) *
...can't say that Crawford isn't going for the kill here...he's being careful, but he's letting his hands go..thank God.

Yup.
Cshel86
Decent scrap, but I'm still not overly impressed with him...not sure what its gonna take. maybe if he becomes champ today, then he'll step it up...being that guys are gonna wanna kick his ass for his title. Lol
mgrover
8-3-1 to Crawford and thats being generous to Burns
Cheesey1
Top Rank not completely devoid of promising boxers. Crawford, before your career whithers and dies, jump ship!!!!
Gambit808
Guess I'm the first sucka to take a L... It's only right Lol.
Gambit808
A good step up win for TC, hard to come into hostil territory like that and have a crowd silenced for a good portion of the fight.
mgrover

Just for you Cshel laugh.gif
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 1 2014, 06:31 PM) *
Guess I'm the first sucka to take a L... It's only right Lol.

It could have been anyone of us lol might be my only dub for the night
Jack 1000
Fight News says two judges had it 115-112 for Crawford. How do you get that? An 8-4 win is 116-112 a 7-5 win is 115-113. Were their points taken off? Even rounds? Or was a card read wrong?

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ogogo-card...unbeaten-238082

Jack
mgrover
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 1 2014, 11:57 PM) *
Fight News says two judges had it 115-112 for Crawford. How do you get that? An 8-4 win is 116-112 a 7-5 win is 115-113. Were their points taken off? Even rounds? Or was a card read wrong?

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ogogo-card...unbeaten-238082

Jack

nah thats bad reporting, it was like 117-111, 116-112, and i think another 116-112
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.