Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WBC rankings: bullshit no?-Pacquiao #1 contender for Mayweather
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Dolimite
I read the article on the front page about the WBC ranking Manny P the number 1 ranked ww. I thought it was a mistake so I went to another website to make sure Fighthype wasn't mistaken. They weren't. How do you lose to straight fights, come back a year later fight an unranked WW who just lost to an B fighter, look sub par in that fight only to become the number 1 ranked ww for the WBC TITLE! So now Manny is May's mandatory. Something is rotten in the land of denmark! Bob had to pay someone off for this shit to happen. Can someone explain this? I'm not hating on Manny, but this is beyond unfair and undeserved.
HyyerBlaze
I would say he is more deserving than Amir Khan tho lol.

Regardless...its WBC...they are fucking morons.

I remember when WBC had Khan ranked #1 WW when he never has yet to fight at WW lol
DigitalBoom
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 10 2013, 01:59 PM) *

I remember when WBC had Khan ranked #1 WW when he never has yet to fight at WW lol

Preach, I can live with the Pacquaio at #1 ranking considering they gave it to Amir recently for doing literally nothing at all...when you see a guy getting it for doing nothing you don't mind as much.
sduck
Ya see, Gayweather is just scared, cuz he knows Pacquiao still beats him. Pacquiao will surround him with punches, and knock him the f out. If only Punany Boy wasn't so scared!

Pactard rant ~
Dolimite
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 10 2013, 10:59 AM) *

Again, it is a shit fight and I do not for one second condone it. Khan is a better fighter than Rios, but still, they are in the same boat. Khan is a glorified B fighter. and you are right.

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 10 2013, 11:14 AM) *
Ya see, Gayweather is just scared, cuz he knows Pacquiao still beats him. Pacquiao will surround him with punches, and knock him the f out. If only Punany Boy wasn't so scared!

Pactard rant ~

That is what they have been saying and if he doesn't fight Khan he will be ducking him

WBC should be fined for this bullshit. They really should.
Jack 1000
The WBC wants the sanctioning fee, which would be huge. Nothing has made the fight closer to reality. I wish people like Max Kellerman would stop mentioning Mayweather-Pacquiao like it's still a big fight of major interest, it's not. Pacquiao is still a huge draw, popularity-wise and the WBC probably heard of all of his help and charity work with the Typhoon disaster in the Philippians. HBO won't let go of the fight. The public won't let go of the fight or give Mayweather-Pacquaio the nail in the coffin it should have, Arum has to keep beating the drums for it. And you have HBO shaking the pom-pom's for Arums fighters, who deserve just as much blame as the WBC for making Manny Pacquiao #1 over beating Brandon Rios. Big deal.

Floyd will either give up the belt. He doesn't need belts or Manny anymore. The real question is, who should be #1 for Floyd? He's just too far ahead of any serious competition for any contendership. I will say one thing. Manny as a #1 contender is at least better than no-chin, over-hyped Brit Khan who really is a CON for Mayweather.
mgrover
The WBC should be disbanded.
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 10 2013, 11:46 AM) *
I read the article on the front page about the WBC ranking Manny P the number 1 ranked ww. I thought it was a mistake so I went to another website to make sure Fighthype wasn't mistaken. They weren't. How do you lose to straight fights, come back a year later fight an unranked WW who just lost to an B fighter, look sub par in that fight only to become the number 1 ranked ww for the WBC TITLE! So now Manny is May's mandatory. Something is rotten in the land of denmark! Bob had to pay someone off for this shit to happen. Can someone explain this? I'm not hating on Manny, but this is beyond unfair and undeserved.

I think you're giving Mike Alvarado too much credit lol I wouldn't even call him a B fighter lol
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 02:55 PM) *
The WBC wants the sanctioning fee, which would be huge. Nothing has made the fight closer to reality. I wish people like Max Kellerman would stop mentioning Mayweather-Pacquiao like it's still a big fight of major interest, it's not. Pacquiao is still a huge draw, popularity-wise and the WBC probably heard of all of his help and charity work with the Typhoon disaster in the Philippians. HBO won't let go of the fight. The public won't let go of the fight or give Mayweather-Pacquaio the nail in the coffin it should have, Arum has to keep beating the drums for it. And you have HBO shaking the pom-pom's for Arums fighters, who deserve just as much blame as the WBC for making Manny Pacquiao #1 over beating Brandon Rios. Big deal.

Floyd will either give up the belt. He doesn't need belts or Manny anymore. The real question is, who should be #1 for Floyd? He's just too far ahead of any serious competition for any contendership. I will say one thing. Manny as a #1 contender is at least better than no-chin, over-hyped Brit Khan who really is a CON for Mayweather.

If Pacquiao fights and beats Bradley for WBO Title does Pacman lose his #1 Ranking in the WBC?
Gambit808
Cash rulez, hype fools. The kind of fuckry I'm getting use to seeing in boxing rankings.
mgrover
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 10 2013, 07:11 PM) *
I think you're giving Mike Alvarado too much credit lol I wouldn't even call him a B fighter lol

Everything is, he was being schooled by Prescott and got lucky as fuck Prescott gassed.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 11:55 AM) *

I agree Jack. I guess everyone can use good publicity. But how can Manny help anyone when his account is on hold? And can he afford the fees? But Con doesn't deserve to be on anyone's list!

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2013, 11:56 AM) *
The WBC should be disbanded.

A quote for Cshel "this is in the boxing bible somewhere"
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 10 2013, 12:11 PM) *

Dude it is Christmas, I was giving Mike A a gift. Damn. We know that Mile High Mike has limited boxing ability, but if a C fighter beats another C fighter, then they become a B fighter.... I am being nice, shit!
mrchitown
WBC just trying to get in on potential sanctioning fees, but they'll be fucked if Mayweather drops their belt. Let's not act like Floyd is going to be forced into anything. The WBC may have just put themselves on the outside looking in. Floyd can go and fight for any belt he wants, if he chooses to. And a potential fight between he and Manny is bigger then any belt from any sanctioning body. It would be seen as the fight of the century and the fight to define whose the best of the era. That's bigger and more important then some title belt...what's getting me is how Steve Kim, Ernest Gabon, and these other writers and nimrods who can't fight worth shit are going in on Floyd on twitter right now. I find amusement in almost everything but this is ridiculous
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 10 2013, 02:31 PM) *
I agree Jack. I guess everyone can use good publicity. But how can Manny help anyone when his account is on hold? And can he afford the fees? But Con doesn't deserve to be on anyone's list!

A quote for Cshel "this is in the boxing bible somewhere"

Are you trolling or just trying to be funny? The fees come out of the purse for the fighter
klonopinz
jose sulaiman loves manny pacquiao, there was a few articles back after the canelo/may fight that he wanted the enxt fight be may/pac. im sure he moved pac up to the mandatory in order to fulfill his dream match and get a huge fee as well. he is jsut a pacfan
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2013, 02:17 PM) *
Everything is, he was being schooled by Prescott and got lucky as fuck Prescott gassed.

I wanted to add to my Floyd quote, "He doesn't need the belts or Manny anymore." I think Floyd could vacate the WBC titile. He could even fight Khan over in the UK for much bigger money than in the States, especially Vegas. Floyd would dominate Khan so badly that there wouldn't be a chance at decision fuckery. Khan would get stopped. And Khan is a CON for thinking that he's hugely popular in the UK. Doesn't Floyd still have a WBA Super Champion status something?

Who's #2 after Manny in the WBC ratings? If Floyd vacates they would just make #2 guy vs. Manny for the title.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 10 2013, 06:14 PM) *
WBC just trying to get in on potential sanctioning fees, but they'll be fucked if Mayweather drops their belt. Let's not act like Floyd is going to be forced into anything. The WBC may have just put themselves on the outside looking in. Floyd can go and fight for any belt he wants, if he chooses to. And a potential fight between he and Manny is bigger then any belt from any sanctioning body. It would be seen as the fight of the century and the fight to define whose the best of the era. That's bigger and more important then some title belt...what's getting me is how Steve Kim, Ernest Gabon, and these other writers and nimrods who can't fight worth shit are going in on Floyd on twitter right now. I find amusement in almost everything but this is ridiculous

I just don't think Manny-Floyd is still "biggest fight of the century." Not anymore. It's still big. However, the outcome is so painfully obvious, why give the perception to the public that this fight is still competitive? It's a 116-112 to 117-111 easy win for Floyd. There, that's it, and you don't have to PPV $79.95 HD to find out.

Jack
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 07:59 PM) *
I just don't think Manny-Floyd is still "biggest fight of the century." Not anymore. It's still big. However, the outcome is so painfully obvious, why give the perception to the public that this fight is still competitive? It's a 116-112 to 117-111 easy win for Floyd. There, that's it, and you don't have to PPV $79.95 HD to find out.

Jack

It will be billed as the fight of the century. I thin it would be something close to a fight of the century because of the backstory, they both define their era, etc.I think it stopped being competitive after 2010, I saw slippage in Manny then and he;s been slowly eroding since then. Now it's as you said a clear Floyd win in most observers opinions.

As far as Floyd fighting that pretender Khan in the UK I'd be so shocked because if he did that, the taxes he'd pay here in the states wouldn't be worth his while, that's why I think it'll be in Vegas where you don't have state tax
checkleft
Lmao like mayweather gives a fuck what the rankings are. If they say something about him having to fight his mandatory watch what he says, "wait your telling me I can't give you a percentage of one of my record setting purses if I drop my belt?? I'm heartbroken".
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 10 2013, 05:14 PM) *
Are you trolling or just trying to be funny? The fees come out of the purse for the fighter

I do not think Manny can afford anymore people taking from his purse. Rather it be TR or GB. Hw doesn't need anyone or thing substracting from his purse. Dude owes the IRS 18 million.
checkleft
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 08:54 PM) *
I wanted to add to my Floyd quote, "He doesn't need the belts or Manny anymore." I think Floyd could vacate the WBC titile. He could even fight Khan over in the UK for much bigger money than in the States, especially Vegas. Floyd would dominate Khan so badly that there wouldn't be a chance at decision fuckery. Khan would get stopped. And Khan is a CON for thinking that he's hugely popular in the UK. Doesn't Floyd still have a WBA Super Champion status something?

Who's #2 after Manny in the WBC ratings? If Floyd vacates they would just make #2 guy vs. Manny for the title.

Jack

Exactly, the wbc needs Floyd more than Floyd needs the wbc. If he chooses to fight someone else I SERIOUSLY doubt the strip him, then they don't get a piece of that juicy pie Floyd cooks up during his ppvs.
Jovi2016
laugh.gif laugh.gif didnt i tell you guys Mayweather was fighting either Pacquiao or Sergio Martinez and now its happening.

Since Pacquiao is mandatory at 147, he is the only choice. Mayweather fought guerrero ONLY because he was the mandatory. Its not like Pacquiao can demand so much, he was never in the position to demand 50-50 or 60-40 anyway. Buts thats one thing that i observe and shake my head at now .

But if he doesnt fight pacquiao next, it will only be because he leaves 147 and gets it stripped so he can fight at 152-154. so lets see the MONEY fights at middle weight. The only viable choices are Sergio at catchweight since he the middle weight champ. They could go 156 or whatever so its not like its too much from each fighter. Mayweather is fine either way, but Sergio will be able to get down. Easy money fight, wouldnt even need a strong undercard but most likely would anyway.

WIldcard choice is Mayweather vs Lara because he is ranked high, and i just thought of the selling point. Lara has a gold medal, something Mayweather wasnt able to do. Mayweather can say it was something he wanted or lara could roast him because of it, idk but its something to be brought up. He's hispanic so when i watch the all access around my puertorican grandparents itll add on to that demographic. Mayweather already sells. But this fight will deff need to be a double or even triple header ppv. Mayweather vs Lara, Broner vs Khan/brook/Guerrero, Thurman vs Malinaggi/Brook/Khan, I was think a Leo santa cruz fight too but idk against who since Rigondeaux is on HBO, he needs to be on money team and take care of that.

Tell me Thurman vs Malinaggi isnt an awesome fight, if THurman KOs Malinaggi then he can call out Broner and we in business for a PPV.....

These fuus need to read this or hire me so i can make these fights because theres no way im paying for anything if its not a stacked card all around. Mayweather/khan doesnt make sense, its a money fight but mayweather could make more money having him on his undercard.
mgrover
This doesn't make a difference, at all, A. the cold war is still going on, B, Top Rank vs Golden Boy...

edit: Actually its B. Arum vs Golden Boy, cause am sure Todd would have no problem working with Golden Boy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 11 2013, 02:52 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif didnt i tell you guys Mayweather was fighting either Pacquiao or Sergio Martinez and now its happening.

How is it happening? Tell us more...

Since Pacquiao is mandatory at 147, he is the only choice. Mayweather fought guerrero ONLY because he was the mandatory. Its not like Pacquiao can demand so much, he was never in the position to demand 50-50 or 60-40 anyway. Buts thats one thing that i observe and shake my head at now .

Who cares about the mandatory of whatever sanctioning body? The belt was more so an excuse to fight Guerrero, because no one was truly available at that time (if I remember correctly). To add to that, the bigger story of Mayweather/Guerrero, was geared more towards Floyd's HUGE deal with Showtime, and the amount of fights that he had left...had little to do with Robert.

Let's be honest here, when cash cows are ready to fight, it's this thing called "step aside money", that magically makes an opponent step out of the picture, so the more marketable of the two can fight the cash cow.

Let's be real again, Manny (read: Bob Arum) can demand what he wants. To the casual fan, Manny is still on top of the world...or at least he will be, if this big fight was ever to be entertained again. Trust me, roadblocks will be set up on both sides.

But if he doesnt fight pacquiao next, it will only be because he leaves 147 and gets it stripped so he can fight at 152-154. so lets see the MONEY fights at middle weight.

Keep dreaming man. You can't be a true fan of boxing...all of this post is dream-driven.

The only viable choices are Sergio at catchweight since he the middle weight champ. They could go 156 or whatever so its not like its too much from each fighter. Mayweather is fine either way, but Sergio will be able to get down. Easy money fight, wouldnt even need a strong undercard but most likely would anyway.

no2.gif

He doesn't even have to fight at middleweight, what are you talking about? There isn't an "only viable choice"...how many times has it appeared as if Floyd didn't have a choice with opponents? What's with all of this "he can move up to this weight, it wont hurt him" nonsense?

All of these guys from 140 are coming up, or have come up...there's money there...or he will make it appear that way. I find it funny how guys complain about the idea of guys making their WW debut to fight Floyd, or cry about them not being ranked, but they're so quick to say "oh Floyd can just move up a few pounds" and fight at weight at which he's never fought before, or isn't even ranked. Irony?

You just sound like an excited "fan" who's happy to post this stuff. Again, it all seems like a fantasy post, rather than a factual post.

WIldcard choice is Mayweather vs Lara because he is ranked high, and i just thought of the selling point. Lara has a gold medal, something Mayweather wasnt able to do. Mayweather can say it was something he wanted or lara could roast him because of it, idk but its something to be brought up. He's hispanic so when i watch the all access around my puertorican grandparents itll add on to that demographic. Mayweather already sells. But this fight will deff need to be a double or even triple header ppv. Mayweather vs Lara, Broner vs Khan/brook/Guerrero, Thurman vs Malinaggi/Brook/Khan, I was think a Leo santa cruz fight too but idk against who since Rigondeaux is on HBO, he needs to be on money team and take care of that.

laugh.gif

Just stop it, please. Lara?! Really?! He'll sell better if he rematches Guerrero, lol. He could rematch Ortiz, and do better numbers. Are we really gonna bring up this gold medal nonsense? The only way Mayweather would feel slighted, is if Lara got a gold medal around his era and he was the step-child compared to Lara...something like the De La Hoya situation, though they competed 4 years apart from each other. You're really reaching here...

Broner vs Brook/Khan/Guerrero/ or Thurman? How are they gonna pay all of these guys to be on one card? Thurman vs those same guys? Santa Cruz needs to be on the Money Team??? Now I know you're really trolling. laugh.gif

Tell me Thurman vs Malinaggi isnt an awesome fight, if THurman KOs Malinaggi then he can call out Broner and we in business for a PPV.....

Thurman vs Malignaggi is an awesome fight, but just how in the world is Thurman/Broner gonna make it to PPV, when Broner/Maidana couldn't even cut the mustard? Please explain

These fuus need to read this or hire me so i can make these fights because theres no way im paying for anything if its not a stacked card all around.

Keep your day job bro...you've completely blown this mythical opportunity. I mean completely blown it...like Angelo Dundee blown it...

Mayweather/khan doesnt make sense, its a money fight but mayweather could make more money having him on his undercard.

Why is everybody so sure that this fight is happening? How can you say that Mayweather/Khan doesn't make sense, but "it's a money fight"? Isn't that an oxymoron in boxing business? Mayweather's purses are guaranteed, so I'm not sure how an undercard is gonna make him more money. If anything, an opponent will make him more money at this point, not an undercard.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Khan fight was made, but there are a couple of guys that he could fight. You tried though...
TXboxingfan
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 10 2013, 02:22 PM) *
Again, it is a shit fight and I do not for one second condone it. Khan is a better fighter than Rios, but still, they are in the same boat. Khan is a glorified B fighter. and you are right.

That is what they have been saying and if he doesn't fight Khan he will be ducking him

WBC should be fined for this bullshit. They really should.

If mayweather doesn't need pacquaio then he should retire cuz there's nobody else that's going to bring that much money.....and it is all about the money right......
checkleft
QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 11 2013, 03:52 AM) *

But if he doesnt fight pacquiao next, it will only be because he leaves 147 and gets it stripped so he can fight at 152-154. so lets see the MONEY fights at middle weight. The only viable choices are Sergio at catchweight since he the middle weight champ. They could go 156 or whatever so its not like its too much from each fighter. Mayweather is fine either way, but Sergio will be able to get down. Easy money fight, wouldnt even need a strong undercard but most likely would anyway.

These fuus need to read this or hire me so i can make these fights because theres no way im paying for anything if its not a stacked card all around. Mayweather/khan doesnt make sense, its a money fight but mayweather could make more money having him on his undercard.

Having mandos means next to shit for guys like cotto, manny, ect.. you think Floyd is gonna be heartbroken because he won't have to pay the wbc a percentage of his purse for his next fight? Lmao

Floyd has been the most vocal fighter of this generation when it comes to how useless these belts are. He put it best when he said "belts just collect dust". I'm positive he drops the belts as he has in the past cause he dgaf what the wbc thinks lol he's recognized p4p numero 1

QUOTE (TXboxingfan @ Dec 11 2013, 12:07 PM) *
If mayweather doesn't need pacquaio then he should retire cuz there's nobody else that's going to bring that much money.....and it is all about the money right......

Your telling a guy who just made about 100mil to basically spar to retire. You should say that to Floyd id like to hear his response lol
Jovi2016
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 11 2013, 10:41 AM) *
How is it happening? Tell us more...

Who cares about the mandatory of whatever sanctioning body? The belt was more so an excuse to fight Guerrero, because no one was truly available at that time (if I remember correctly). To add to that, the bigger story of Mayweather/Guerrero, was geared more towards Floyd's HUGE deal with Showtime, and the amount of fights that he had left...had little to do with Robert.

Let's be honest here, when cash cows are ready to fight, it's this thing called "step aside money", that magically makes an opponent step out of the picture, so the more marketable of the two can fight the cash cow.

Let's be real again, Manny (read: Bob Arum) can demand what he wants. To the casual fan, Manny is still on top of the world...or at least he will be, if this big fight was ever to be entertained again. Trust me, roadblocks will be set up on both sides.

Keep dreaming man. You can't be a true fan of boxing...all of this post is dream-driven.

no2.gif

He doesn't even have to fight at middleweight, what are you talking about? There isn't an "only viable choice"...how many times has it appeared as if Floyd didn't have a choice with opponents? What's with all of this "he can move up to this weight, it wont hurt him" nonsense?

All of these guys from 140 are coming up, or have come up...there's money there...or he will make it appear that way. I find it funny how guys complain about the idea of guys making their WW debut to fight Floyd, or cry about them not being ranked, but they're so quick to say "oh Floyd can just move up a few pounds" and fight at weight at which he's never fought before, or isn't even ranked. Irony?

You just sound like an excited "fan" who's happy to post this stuff. Again, it all seems like a fantasy post, rather than a factual post.

laugh.gif

Just stop it, please. Lara?! Really?! He'll sell better if he rematches Guerrero, lol. He could rematch Ortiz, and do better numbers. Are we really gonna bring up this gold medal nonsense? The only way Mayweather would feel slighted, is if Lara got a gold medal around his era and he was the step-child compared to Lara...something like the De La Hoya situation, though they competed 4 years apart from each other. You're really reaching here...

Broner vs Brook/Khan/Guerrero/ or Thurman? How are they gonna pay all of these guys to be on one card? Thurman vs those same guys? Santa Cruz needs to be on the Money Team??? Now I know you're really trolling. laugh.gif

Thurman vs Malignaggi is an awesome fight, but just how in the world is Thurman/Broner gonna make it to PPV, when Broner/Maidana couldn't even cut the mustard? Please explain

Keep your day job bro...you've completely blown this mythical opportunity. I mean completely blown it...like Angelo Dundee blown it...

Why is everybody so sure that this fight is happening? How can you say that Mayweather/Khan doesn't make sense, but "it's a money fight"? Isn't that an oxymoron in boxing business? Mayweather's purses are guaranteed, so I'm not sure how an undercard is gonna make him more money. If anything, an opponent will make him more money at this point, not an undercard.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Khan fight was made, but there are a couple of guys that he could fight. You tried though...

Lol yes i will keep dreaming thank you, and i will keep speaking the fights i want to see into existence. I'm gonna keep my back bone and stand strong, nothing you said really denied how the fights could happen, I hate when people talk shit and just shut me down instead of trying to expand on it since its the fight everyone wants! How you gonna one day say that Mayweather is a bitch for fighting Khan then keep wanting or saying how the fight is going to happen....I do not want to see that fight so theres plenty of other options that I already mentioned and arent really fantasy fights at all....Isnt any speculation of a fight a fantasy fight anyway? if we wanna get technical.

Khan- last 3 fights he's 1 and 2. He JUST said this about pacquiao, the only difference is that he didnt get put to sleep and was actually able to get back up. Also to which Mayweather gave credit too. Mayweather said he wants all the rest of his fights to be big events. Big events=big fights=stacked card. Mayweather learned from the Alvarez card.

Lol who cares about the mandatory?! Obviously Mayweather! what kinda statement is that.1- It was said before Mayweather even confirmed it that the fight would be against Guerrero because he was a mandatory..2- post fight interviews mayweather stated he had to fight guerrero because he was the mandatory challenger for the belt.

Pacquiao's side has no power in negotiation this time. last fight was 400k-550k buys. and hes the CHALLENGER...Pacquiao doesnt even speak to mayweather directly and i know that. Its Mayweather speaking to Arum like he's pac's pimp. And Arum knows Pac isnt the one with leverage anymore, Mayweather deserves the bigger share and there isnt even an argument against it, and to call the terms unless thats not what being champion means.. Yes Pac brings buys but its not like hes the only one...obviously All these are facts

Not only am talking boxing as a fan. I am boxing, so check yaself before your wreck yourself bruh fuck.gif Im simply stating my thoughts, sorry they may be positive and aimed high, buts that the way i think my dude.

I love how me saying Mayweather vs Sergio (who is the biggest money fight other than Pac, and is DESPERATE to fight mayweather) is a fantasy fight, but saying all these guys coming up from 140 or fighting someone else isnt?! <--contradiction. The catch-weight isnt for Mayweather do u understand that? he's not gonna weigh 152,154,or 156. These are choices for his HEAVIER OPPONENT to come down to, something to draw him in....Is this logic not apparent?

Man did you just Mention Guerrero and Ortiz rematches and then Laugh at me?!?! i aint even gonna acknowledge that...Yes Lara doesnt have a big following but not only is he hispanic but he speaks only spanish which i think would help him. Guerrero was more Americanized so was ortiz...Lara straight from the island. Hispanic people easily side with Hispanic person ALL THE TIME, i've seen this happen on too many occasions. Mayweather is already bringing the money and attention, Lara needs to bring the challenge (gold medalist), and story, everybody has their own story bruh. They could get into Lara's situation with Cuba, idk but Lara may not fill the seats but he has a very credible name. You don't know shit if you don't think a Gold medal is a big deal, the way is it marketed is a different story.....And i just rechecked i dont even think Lara has a gold medal, he got Gold in amateur competitions...so if it isnt true about the Gold medal then scratch all that, its like i wouldnt admit my mistake, But heres a GOOD QUESTION has mayweather ever fought a cuban professional, booms there pitch.

How are they gonna pay Broner and all these other guys that get less than 5 million a fight? lmfao easy, just like they always do. Mayweather gets Overpaid, these guys get underpaid, people on Mayweather undercards dont even get 10 % of what mayweather. THESE ARE FACTS. example Mayweather made 41.5 mill last fight, Garcia made 1.5 million that is 3.6 percent!!!! Mayweather fought Guerrero and made 32 million, Guerrero made 3 million and this was his opponent, thats 9 %.....Next fight mayweather could sign a check for 50 million just to fight and no one on the undercard would get above 5 million, the 5 million goes to Lara and then itll trickle down from there. LIKE IT ALWAYS DOES. Dont act like mayweather doesnt already get overpaid compared to these fuus. The money for the undercard isnt an issue since of them are big money makers like that......Numbers dont lie my dude......And i meant to convery that RIGONDEAUX needs to join the money team, Santa cruz is fine because he is on GBP.

So if Thurman was to KO Paulie Malinaggi, would he not be able to call out Broner? I didnt mean as a PPV header because I dont think Broner is headlining any PPVs until the end of the year, if he could beat thurman. But it would be solid for a double header for the next mayweather card. Broner is being built to be PPV star, so he needs these big fights first then just get a ppv fight against a fighter like Marquez or canelo or someone who would bring in more than he would so he can take the credit. Like Mayweather vs delahoya, small steps though, not easy but small steps.

I said Mayweather vs Khan doesnt make sense because he could make more off Khan being on his undercard. Mayweather vs X, Broner vs Khan. boom that easy, and the PAY PER VIEW is what brings in the extra money, which made mayweather's last fight earning go from 41.5 to over 100 million. Mayweather vs Khan just messes up his potential for his future,1- will take too much negative reactions 2- gets his title at 147 stripped anyway for not fighting the mando, or has to actually pay a fee 3- loses the chance to fight Sergio before he loses

Cshel you my dude and all, but you were also pushing at one point for Mayweather vs Malinaggi................. laugh.gif wtf.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif , thats why i know you wouldnt be surprised if he fought Khan. ...Did i clear it up enough for you?!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 11 2013, 01:52 AM) *

Don't count on ever getting the job bruh. I mean ever lol....tell me when this Mayweather-Manny fight that you spoke of is taking place? we are all dying to read your knowledge of these negotiations...ok I'm done lol

The WBC and Sulamain ain't stripping Floyd, they bend over backwards on their own policy to keep him champion some kind of way. Name how many instances the WBC has actually stuck to their policy? I'll wait....this was just a move on Sulamain's part to get that sanctioning fee. If I was in Floyd's camp I'd tell him to dump the belt, what if TR starts asking for step aside money. He ain't giving them shit. At this point the title is fighting Floyd not fighting for that shitty ass green belt

Middleweight? Are you Daprofessor, I knew you'd be back laugh.gif there's really no reason for him to fight at middleweight unless he's going for the belt and just wants to add on to his legacy there's no need to fight at 160 for him
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2013, 11:50 AM) *
Having mandos means next to shit for guys like cotto, manny, ect.. you think Floyd is gonna be heartbroken because he won't have to pay the wbc a percentage of his purse for his next fight? Lmao

Floyd has been the most vocal fighter of this generation when it comes to how useless these belts are. He put it best when he said "belts just collect dust". I'm positive he drops the belts as he has in the past cause he dgaf what the wbc thinks lol he's recognized p4p numero 1

Right. Guys think that a flimsy belt and some rankings are gonna pull off the unthinkable. I find it even funnier that those SAME mofos hang on to the fact these belts don't make these top 3 guys (Floyd, Manny, and Cotto), but they'll believe some BS rankings will make a fight happen. "Uh uh uh, cause you see, Floyd don't care nothin' bout no belts" and blah blah blah. How does that work? LOL

We've seen the WBC weeeeasel their way into a big fight and create some Cap-n-Crunch belt, then slither away with sanctioning fees. I have to keep telling guys...these sanctioning bodies need these fighters...not the other way around. If they're getting what, 3% of a fighters purse...isn't that a lot of money, when a guy is rackin' in 20M, 30M or 40M??? So who really loses, if they strip Floyd?

The WBC ranks whoever, in order to set up their own fights...which rarely materialize. How many people have we seen, fail at playing "promoter", when it came to this big fight? Hmm...let's see...HBO (they looked the worse in their attempts), boxing "writers", advisors (Koncz), Strength & Conditioning coaches, random pimps with one gold tooth in the front and a bunch of money to front, trainers from both sides., sanctioning bodies, silly fans who said that one guy was "scared" of the other, and so on.

Again, fools get amnesia and forget that everything's been attempted, and all has failed. LOL
mrchitown
QUOTE (TXboxingfan @ Dec 11 2013, 10:07 AM) *

Of course it is but you do know his purses are guaranteed right? Not to mention the PPV revenue and the backend money he gets from merchandise, etc.....I fail to see your logic here. it's fairly obvious that Manny is on suicide watch right now with his money problems, we know who needs who in this situation. Guaranteed purse, plus he pays GB a flat fee for their services and he receives the PPV money. Mayweather ain't thinking about this at all. His money game is straight right now, can't say the same for the dude on the other side of the fence
mrchitown
This fool said check yourself before you wreck yourself. I'm dying over here laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 11 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Lol yes i will keep dreaming thank you, and i will keep speaking the fights i want to see into existence. I'm gonna keep my back bone and stand strong, nothing you said really denied how the fights could happen, I hate when people talk shit and just shut me down instead of trying to expand on it since its the fight everyone wants! How you gonna one day say that Mayweather is a bitch for fighting Khan then keep wanting or saying how the fight is going to happen....I do not want to see that fight so theres plenty of other options that I already mentioned and arent really fantasy fights at all....Isnt any speculation of a fight a fantasy fight anyway? if we wanna get technical.

Keep dreaming bro, somethings aren't meant to be, when big money is at stake. The fight WONT happen, just because Manny's been ranked #1 by the WBC...sorry. I figured you've been around the sport long enough to know that, but that's what I get for assuming.

I'm not talking shit...you're just spewing it...big difference here. I REFUSE to expand on most of the stuff that you posted...nothing substantial there. Who is everyone? Some (if not not most) have given up on this meafight. Again, where have you been all this time? I never said that Floyd would be a bitch for fighting Khan...now you're flat out wrong AND making stuff up. I laugh at the folks who say they wont pay for that fight, but they'll be the first one making nachos and hitting the "buy" button.

Khan- last 3 fights he's 1 and 2. He JUST said this about pacquiao, the only difference is that he didnt get put to sleep and was actually able to get back up. Also to which Mayweather gave credit too. Mayweather said he wants all the rest of his fights to be big events. Big events=big fights=stacked card. Mayweather learned from the Alvarez card.

The only difference between that "being 1 for 2" in recent fights, is that a Khan fight is easier to make, than a Pac fight...makes sense? The difference between me and you, is that I don;t hang on to everything that Floyd says. Weren't most people hanging on to how much Manny was racking in per fight? I guess we all see what happened there...his stuff is all upside down...guess we'll how much he was REALLY racking in per fight.

Big events don't always equal stacked cards, sorry. How "stacked" was Mayweather/De La Hoya? How has he learned from the Alvarez card, when he hasn't fought since? Where is the evidence?

Lol who cares about the mandatory?! Obviously Mayweather! what kinda statement is that.1- It was said before Mayweather even confirmed it that the fight would be against Guerrero because he was a mandatory..2- post fight interviews mayweather stated he had to fight guerrero because he was the mandatory challenger for the belt.

There you go believing everything that Floyd says. Trust me, I KNEW about the Guerrero fight before anybody here did...trust me on that...the same went for the Cotto fight. The last thing that people cared about, was who his mandatory was. Again, the Showtime/CBS deal was a bigger deal than the actual fight. He didn't care about being WBC champ before he fought Ortiz...the story there, was his long layoff and Ortiz recently beating Berto, who was an undefeated fighter and a runner up for Floyd. C'mon now

Pacquiao's side has no power in negotiation this time. last fight was 400k-550k buys. and hes the CHALLENGER...Pacquiao doesnt even speak to mayweather directly and i know that. Its Mayweather speaking to Arum like he's pac's pimp. And Arum knows Pac isnt the one with leverage anymore, Mayweather deserves the bigger share and there isnt even an argument against it, and to call the terms unless thats not what being champion means.. Yes Pac brings buys but its not like hes the only one...obviously All these are facts

We'll see how much power Pac's side has, when another road block is set up. Truthfully, they don't have much power, but the key is them throwing it back in Team Mayweather's hands, and making it seem like they've done all that they can. Manny's fight with Rios wasn't even over, and Arum already had his return date (April), and we've been knowing that Floyd is fighting in May...the same road block is in place, as it's always been. Again, where have you been all this time???

Not only am talking boxing as a fan. I am boxing, so check yaself before your wreck yourself bruh fuck.gif Im simply stating my thoughts, sorry they may be positive and aimed high, buts that the way i think my dude.

You've yet to convince me of this...

I love how me saying Mayweather vs Sergio (who is the biggest money fight other than Pac, and is DESPERATE to fight mayweather) is a fantasy fight, but saying all these guys coming up from 140 or fighting someone else isnt?! <--contradiction. The catch-weight isnt for Mayweather do u understand that? he's not gonna weigh 152,154,or 156. These are choices for his HEAVIER OPPONENT to come down to, something to draw him in....Is this logic not apparent?

Guys coming up from 140 AREN'T fantasy fights, sorry. Even the current WWs have a chance to stir something up. Riddle me this...what if Maidana stops Broner this weekend? Oh wait, I already know...your fantasy fight-lovin' behind (or somebody equally as excited about Floyd and every little thing that he does), will open a thread about it and cross your fingers. What about Danny Garcia?

Asking a full-blown MW to come down a few lbs and asking a WW to come up to 156, is plain silly...you tried though...you tried. The catchweight IS for Floyd, and will benefit Sergio because he's able to land the payday. The guy has been a MW for 4 years now...just let it go (at least until some true interest is drummed up). I'm not sure what to say about your logic, but oh well....

Man did you just Mention Guerrero and Ortiz rematches and then Laugh at me?!?! i aint even gonna acknowledge that...Yes Lara doesnt have a big following but not only is he hispanic but he speaks only spanish which i think would help him. Guerrero was more Americanized so was ortiz...Lara straight from the island. Hispanic people easily side with Hispanic person ALL THE TIME, i've seen this happen on too many occasions. Mayweather is already bringing the money and attention, Lara needs to bring the challenge (gold medalist), and story, everybody has their own story bruh. They could get into Lara's situation with Cuba, idk but Lara may not fill the seats but he has a very credible name. You don't know shit if you don't think a Gold medal is a big deal, the way is it marketed is a different story.....And i just rechecked i dont even think Lara has a gold medal, he got Gold in amateur competitions...so if it isnt true about the Gold medal then scratch all that, its like i wouldnt admit my mistake, But heres a GOOD QUESTION has mayweather ever fought a cuban professional, booms there pitch.

C'mon man, let that Lara BS go. And yes, Floyd would come out better rematching Guerrero or Ortiz, before he can drum up any interest off of a Lara fight. Lara doesn't have ANY fans...at least people thought Guerrero was a bit of a prick, along with his dad (who sold the fight). I wanna stop posting right now...being that you're serious about this Lara stuff.

The Cubans defecting bullshit is old, and has never sold...sorry. Lara is a ShowBox fighter, at best. I know that a freakin' gold medal is a big deal...they dont get to choose their opponents, they have to fight whoever's in line...but again, a gold medal and defecting story wont sell shit. If this fight were to happen, then he'll pull in some Pac/Rios numbers, just to ruin this leverage that he has. Lol

I don't remember Floyd ever fighting a Cuban professional...but I know one thing...he'd have more luck moving down to 140 and making Rigondeaux move up, before he sells anything in a Lara fight. Some of yall are really reaching with this whole "They can use 24/7 or All Access to sell the story" blah blah blah. Truthfully, most of the guys that Floyd's fought, failed to maintain interest during the build-ups...with the exception of Canelo, who always seemed to be camera-ready, and has a HUGE following. You're losing your credibility with this "Lara reach" of yours, but keep it up, you're impressing us all. laugh.gif

Cshel86
How are they gonna pay Broner and all these other guys that get less than 5 million a fight? lmfao easy, just like they always do. Mayweather gets Overpaid, these guys get underpaid, people on Mayweather undercards dont even get 10 % of what mayweather. THESE ARE FACTS. example Mayweather made 41.5 mill last fight, Garcia made 1.5 million that is 3.6 percent!!!! Mayweather fought Guerrero and made 32 million, Guerrero made 3 million and this was his opponent, thats 9 %.....Next fight mayweather could sign a check for 50 million just to fight and no one on the undercard would get above 5 million, the 5 million goes to Lara and then itll trickle down from there. LIKE IT ALWAYS DOES. Dont act like mayweather doesnt already get overpaid compared to these fuus. The money for the undercard isnt an issue since of them are big money makers like that......Numbers dont lie my dude......And i meant to convery that RIGONDEAUX needs to join the money team, Santa cruz is fine because he is on GBP.

50% goes to PPV, so how in the world is Floyd make that much (unless it's against Manny)? How is GBP gonna get paid? How are any other co-promoters gonna get paid? You're not telling me anything new...I know that fighters on the undercard dont make as much, that's a given. How in the hell can Mayweather "sign a check for $50M" and Lara get $5M??? How many fans does this dude have??? For christ's sake, Guerrero got 3M, and nobody hardly knew him...so how would an unknown Lara rack in $5M? First off, who in their cotton-picking mind is gonna pay Floyd $50M to fight Lara? You thought the Guerrero fight was loss for Showtime, this will be Pearl Harbor for them. C'mon now...

Don't you know that whoever co-promotes the event, has to pay the fighters? How do you think that Tim Bradley got his pay for the Casamayor fight? Guess who paid that? Yep you got it...Top Rank AND Manny. Tim was supposed to have received the "highest payday" of his career in that fight, but truthfully, half of it was his signing bonus and his purse (which Manny probably inadvertently paid). So again, Floyd has to pay all of these guys on his card...especially if he promotes them.

So if Thurman was to KO Paulie Malinaggi, would he not be able to call out Broner? I didnt mean as a PPV header because I dont think Broner is headlining any PPVs until the end of the year, if he could beat thurman. But it would be solid for a double header for the next mayweather card. Broner is being built to be PPV star, so he needs these big fights first then just get a ppv fight against a fighter like Marquez or canelo or someone who would bring in more than he would so he can take the credit. Like Mayweather vs delahoya, small steps though, not easy but small steps.

This is about the most sense that you've made today...congrats.

I said Mayweather vs Khan doesnt make sense because he could make more off Khan being on his undercard. Mayweather vs X, Broner vs Khan. boom that easy, and the PAY PER VIEW is what brings in the extra money, which made mayweather's last fight earning go from 41.5 to over 100 million. Mayweather vs Khan just messes up his potential for his future,1- will take too much negative reactions 2- gets his title at 147 stripped anyway for not fighting the mando, or has to actually pay a fee 3- loses the chance to fight Sergio before he loses

Who is 'X'? What about Danny making his WW debut on the undercard of Mayweather vs Ortiz II, then the winner fighting Floyd in September? I think Ortiz is fighting Collazo at 154, but that's probably because they're trying to either prep him for a Canelo fight, or Ortiz isn't trying to hurt himself to make 47 by the end of next month (due to the layoff). Please confirm this $100M that you've thrown out there. I know that the fight sold 2.2M, but you mean to tell me that it brought in another close to $60M??? C'mon now...please back this up.

The Cotto/Martinez fight is probably almost a done deal...cant we just focus on one fight at a time? Who says that Sergio loses to Cotto (if that's what you're saying)?

Cshel you my dude and all, but you were also pushing at one point for Mayweather vs Malinaggi................. laugh.gif wtf.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif , thats why i know you wouldnt be surprised if he fought Khan. ...Did i clear it up enough for you?!

Yes I was pushing for a Mayweather/Malignaggi fight...but of course that was on some fluke shit, in the event that Paulie were to actually stop Broner...again, some fluke shit. That would've been a flash in the pan opportunity...just like a rematch with JMM, right after he knocked Manny out last December. Regardless of the fact that he would've beaten JMM and Paulie down, the story leading up to those fights would've sold it...it's better than reaching for a Lara fight, with flimsy selling points.

I absolutely hate when a guy asks, "Is this good enough for you Cshel? blah blah blah. As I tell everyone, if you come to a battle of wits...you best not come unarmed. Nothing that you said (other than clearing up the Broner/Thurman situation) did anything for me...nor was I looking for it. Just stop posting garbage that you cant back up, that's all I'm saying.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 11 2013, 12:52 AM) *

Someone has been drinking way too much egg nog!

QUOTE (TXboxingfan @ Dec 11 2013, 09:07 AM) *

Floyd needs Pac like I need cancer.
Jovi2016
Isn't a fantasy fight just a fight that hasn't happened? Its a fantasy fight because i want it to happen. And as history has shown me, fantasy fights do happen; do they not? When i make a suggestion about a fight i would like to see, because it hasn't happend, it would be a fantasy fight. Fantasy fights turn into Mega fights any fight with Mayweather is Mega fight. Any fight related to Mayweather at this point is fantasy fight, because i want to see Mayweather fight the best people he can and make the most money out of it before he retires, i simply wish him the best because i believe he is (atleast for my era 1993-). Everyone has opinions, the suggestions i made for the fights i want to see aren't so totally far-fetched as you perceive them to be. Most of these fights are high risk but also high reward. I hear criticisms of Mayweather now because apparently there is no credible opponents out there, and all i did was name some people that fit the criteria of credibility for the risk, and the high reward that makes Mayweather MONEY mayweather......I seen the problem, and i solved it.

You want to dissect everything i say but also contradict yourself doing it.......All i said was i want to see MAyweather fight X next, and i think it would be possible because of certain reasons. The list ranges Martinez, Pacquiao, Lara, Bradley, Khan, Brook, Garcia, Cotto 2, . If he wasnt fighting some of the names, he could still use their name and bring in money with that person on the undercard. Gonna have to fit the right pieces in the right place though. They haven't happened, but since they havent it is possible they can, which makes it a fantasy. I cant speculate into saying what is definitely going to happen or not, because i dont know since im not in the first person view. I just specifically state what i want to see and why i believe it could happen. Theres sometimes more than one right way to do something and usually more than one wrong way to do something. To make up fantasy fight and then discredit another's is your contradiction sir, you start a losing argument. .....Making me feel like mayweather when people call him out, he already won <---that line was just me talking ishhh thumbsup_anim.gif fuck.gif

Do i want to see him fight guerrero again?! Hell no, he already dominated him 12 rounds. Why watch that again?. Why would i want to watch him fight ortiz again? When ortiz had the chance to show up, at his BEST MOMENT IN THE FIGHT he messed himself all up, hes to blame for his loss. Mayweather won as easily as possible. ORtiz would do better on the undercard to build up someone else like Broner or Canelo or Garcia. He doesn't deserve to be the CHALLENGER of the champion. Theres already people in line for that and he lost his chance when he had it. Same for guerrero. Guerrero and Ortiz would do better on an undercard then against Mayweather again. Khan should go on the list too, theres bigger fights if he does everything correctly so he doesnt end up bombing a ppv before he retires; which COULD be in 4 more fights.

The only rematch that is plausible at this point in time is Cotto just because mayweather himself was dissatisfied with his performance and could have done better. Mayweather may lie outside the ring, but he cant lie inside the ring. Cotto may have the best chance for a rematch but he needs get up closer in line, but theres even more complications because hes on top rank. I think Cotto should fight bradley for a PPV or undercard. Cotto vs Marquez or Bradley is a good fight. Cotto is in the same Category as Martinez to me, in terms that their next loss will probably push them to retire unless it was a big fight with a close Loss.

Just wait till the 2016 Olympics aggressive.gif thats all i have to say about that. I'm a humble observer my friend.
KOpower
I think Floyd-Manny eventually gets made, but it will probably be made too late for it to matter.

I couldn't care less about Manny's money problems. It isn't hard to not be broke when you make as much money as he does per fight. He should be far more conservative with his money than he is. 5 years after their last fight, I fully expect both Manny and Floyd to have financial problems. I doubt either fighter will cut back on their spending once they retire and once that source of income is cuts off....

For me as a fan of boxing it just sucks that I have to watch Floyd-Guerrero and Floyd-Khan or Manny-Rios. Those aren't the fights that people want to see. It is very disappointing.
BrutUalBK
The WBC is FOS, btw it should stand for World Bullsh*t Council because they do the dumbest things with their Gold/Green Belts, Champion, Super Champion and Champion Emeritus crap that I've ever seen in this sport and it's all for their own gain. They cannot honestly believe that by doing this that this will somehow force Floyd's hands to concede to Bob Arum's ridiculous demands for a fight with Manny when it is abundantly clear that Pacquiao isn't on the same level PPV-wise than Mayweather is!!

Floyd will tell the WBC to f*ck off the same as he did in that garbage they wanted him to pay 600K for their crappy belt a few fights ago, honestly this move gets us no closer to a fight with him and Manny than a few years ago when it was the hottest ticket. Unless somebody busts a cap in Arum's domepiece we won't see this fight anytime soon.
Jovi2016
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 11 2013, 03:52 PM) *
I think Floyd-Manny eventually gets made, but it will probably be made too late for it to matter.

I couldn't care less about Manny's money problems. It isn't hard to not be broke when you make as much money as he does per fight. He should be far more conservative with his money than he is. 5 years after their last fight, I fully expect both Manny and Floyd to have financial problems. I doubt either fighter will cut back on their spending once they retire and once that source of income is cuts off....

For me as a fan of boxing it just sucks that I have to watch Floyd-Guerrero and Floyd-Khan or Manny-Rios. Those aren't the fights that people want to see. It is very disappointing.

Pac would be maybe. but mayweather has Mayweather promotions and TMT. its not as big as it will be by the time he retires, he needs better people on the roster but hey hes workin. Time will tell
Dolimite
Floyd invest his money, lots of it in commercial and private property. Plus he is a secret investor which means he gets good returns. He has TMT and his clothing line. If anything will sink him its the chics he tricks out. I think Floyd will be fine financially. Manny is getting fucked in the game as we speak. He owes the IRS 18 million and his home country 50. He will be fighting for awhile. The May and Manny fight lost its luster when Juan put his ass to sleep. Beating Rios is nothing, just like May KOing Khan means 0. Plus, who cares about the WBC ranking is ridiculous. But it adds for great theater.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 11 2013, 04:32 PM) *
Floyd invest his money, lots of it in commercial and private property. Plus he is a secret investor which means he gets good returns. He has TMT and his clothing line. If anything will sink him its the chics he tricks out. I think Floyd will be fine financially. Manny is getting fucked in the game as we speak. He owes the IRS 18 million and his home country 50. He will be fighting for awhile. The May and Manny fight lost its luster when Juan put his ass to sleep. Beating Rios is nothing, just like May KOing Khan means 0. Plus, who cares about the WBC ranking is ridiculous. But it adds for great theater.

You mean he's an angel investor lol

I see Mayweather-Pacquiao happening in 2015
checkleft
You won me over dawg, I can't wait for this Mayweather-Pac-Martinez triple threat match May 3rd!

Good call bra taunt.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 11 2013, 03:29 PM) *
Isn't a fantasy fight just a fight that hasn't happened? Its a fantasy fight because i want it to happen. And as history has shown me, fantasy fights do happen; do they not? When i make a suggestion about a fight i would like to see, because it hasn't happend, it would be a fantasy fight. Fantasy fights turn into Mega fights any fight with Mayweather is Mega fight. Any fight related to Mayweather at this point is fantasy fight, because i want to see Mayweather fight the best people he can and make the most money out of it before he retires, i simply wish him the best because i believe he is (atleast for my era 1993-). Everyone has opinions, the suggestions i made for the fights i want to see aren't so totally far-fetched as you perceive them to be. Most of these fights are high risk but also high reward. I hear criticisms of Mayweather now because apparently there is no credible opponents out there, and all i did was name some people that fit the criteria of credibility for the risk, and the high reward that makes Mayweather MONEY mayweather......I seen the problem, and i solved it.

You want to dissect everything i say but also contradict yourself doing it.......All i said was i want to see MAyweather fight X next, and i think it would be possible because of certain reasons. The list ranges Martinez, Pacquiao, Lara, Bradley, Khan, Brook, Garcia, Cotto 2, . If he wasnt fighting some of the names, he could still use their name and bring in money with that person on the undercard. Gonna have to fit the right pieces in the right place though. They haven't happened, but since they havent it is possible they can, which makes it a fantasy. I cant speculate into saying what is definitely going to happen or not, because i dont know since im not in the first person view. I just specifically state what i want to see and why i believe it could happen. Theres sometimes more than one right way to do something and usually more than one wrong way to do something. To make up fantasy fight and then discredit another's is your contradiction sir, you start a losing argument. .....Making me feel like mayweather when people call him out, he already won <---that line was just me talking ishhh thumbsup_anim.gif fuck.gif

Do i want to see him fight guerrero again?! Hell no, he already dominated him 12 rounds. Why watch that again?. Why would i want to watch him fight ortiz again? When ortiz had the chance to show up, at his BEST MOMENT IN THE FIGHT he messed himself all up, hes to blame for his loss. Mayweather won as easily as possible. ORtiz would do better on the undercard to build up someone else like Broner or Canelo or Garcia. He doesn't deserve to be the CHALLENGER of the champion. Theres already people in line for that and he lost his chance when he had it. Same for guerrero. Guerrero and Ortiz would do better on an undercard then against Mayweather again. Khan should go on the list too, theres bigger fights if he does everything correctly so he doesnt end up bombing a ppv before he retires; which COULD be in 4 more fights.

The only rematch that is plausible at this point in time is Cotto just because mayweather himself was dissatisfied with his performance and could have done better. Mayweather may lie outside the ring, but he cant lie inside the ring. Cotto may have the best chance for a rematch but he needs get up closer in line, but theres even more complications because hes on top rank. I think Cotto should fight bradley for a PPV or undercard. Cotto vs Marquez or Bradley is a good fight. Cotto is in the same Category as Martinez to me, in terms that their next loss will probably push them to retire unless it was a big fight with a close Loss.

Just wait till the 2016 Olympics aggressive.gif thats all i have to say about that. I'm a humble observer my friend.

You're more of a hugger than I thought, lol.

A fantasy fight isn't always "a fight that hasn't happened"...if that's the case, then I guess we should still wait around for Bowe/Tyson, Bowe/Lewis, Mosley/Trinidad, or hell, Norton/Frazier (for the old heads around here) then, right? Nowadays, a fantasy fight is a bunch hyped up guys with somewhat of a name in the sport, that some nuthugger just mashes together to get some credibility...similar to these mythical p4p lists floating around the boxing world.

It's funny how no other fighter deserves anything in your book, unless he's across the ring from Floyd. As a REAL boxing fan (real being the operative word here), you have to make the most of the fights that are being made, and hope for better...that's the story of a boxing fan. That may sound cynical, but it's the truth.

Guys like you hope for these "fantasy fights", and before the final bell even rings, you're hoping for another one. Most boxing "fans" are ungrateful, dont know shit, or both...hence why we end up stuck with some of the fights that are being made.

I find it funny how guys like Danny Garcia don't get the credit that they truly deserve in the sport, but anything that Floyd does, is "God worthy". Let's be honest, how many fights have Floyd truly given us...fights that we were waiting on? With that in mind, Garcia just made a fool of the guy (Matthysse) who was supposed to put him in the hospital and derail his career, and what do we hear from boxing "fans"?...crickets.

Why aren't guys pushing for him to fight Floyd? Instead, guys throw this silly "moving up to middleweight", oh...excuse me, "just put on a few more lbs Floyd, you'll be fine either way" nonsense around. Make sense of what;s in front you, rather than throwing this fantasy crap together, just to get let down every time.
KOpower
Floyd-Manny should never have been a fantasy fight. This fight should have been made a long time ago and it is a shame that both fighters and both promoters couldn't get it done. Manny and Floyd were easily the 2 best p4p fighters at the time. They were in the same weight class. They fought the same fighters. EVERYONE wanted this fight. It was the fight that would have made the most money for both guys. It is a joke that it never was made...shame on Manny and shame on Floyd for not getting it done. Boxing could have really used a fight like this. It would have been the 2nd most hyped sporting event in the United States any year it would have been made (behind only the Super Bowl). EVERYONE would have been talking about it. Instead, both fighters used that potential fight to line their own pockets in PPV numbers.
KOpower
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 09:31 AM) *

A fantasy fight isn't always "a fight that hasn't happened"...if that's the case, then I guess we should still wait around for Bowe/Tyson, Bowe/Lewis, Mosley/Trinidad, or hell, Norton/Frazier (for the old heads around here) then, right? Nowadays, a fantasy fight is a bunch hyped up guys with somewhat of a name in the sport, that some nuthugger just mashes together to get some credibility...similar to these mythical p4p lists floating around the boxing world.

It's funny how no other fighter deserves anything in your book, unless he's across the ring from Floyd. As a REAL boxing fan (real being the operative word here), you have to make the most of the fights that are being made, and hope for better...that's the story of a boxing fan. That may sound cynical, but it's the truth.

Guys like you hope for these "fantasy fights", and before the final bell even rings, you're hoping for another one. Most boxing "fans" are ungrateful, dont know shit, or both...hence why we end up stuck with some of the fights that are being made.

I find it funny how guys like Danny Garcia don't get the credit that they truly deserve in the sport, but anything that Floyd does, is "God worthy". Let's be honest, how many fights have Floyd truly given us...fights that we were waiting on? With that in mind, Garcia just made a fool of the guy (Matthysse) who was supposed to put him in the hospital and derail his career, and what do we hear from boxing "fans"?...crickets.

Why aren't guys pushing for him to fight Floyd? Instead, guys throw this silly "moving up to middleweight", oh...excuse me, "just put on a few more lbs Floyd, you'll be fine either way" nonsense around. Make sense of what;s in front you, rather than throwing this fantasy crap together, just to get let down every time.

Because Floyd beats Garcia the same way he beat Guerrero, Canelo, JMM, etc. It is a boring and easy fight for Floyd. Garcia is NEVER going to beat Floyd. That is a pointless fight. Garcia isn't going to counter Floyd. He won't out-box him. He isn't a pressure fighter. How in the world would Danny Garcia get the win? It is a boring fight that everyone would know the outcome of the moment it is made.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 12 2013, 09:39 AM) *
Floyd-Manny should never have been a fantasy fight. This fight should have been made a long time ago and it is a shame that both fighters and both promoters couldn't get it done. Manny and Floyd were easily the 2 best p4p fighters at the time. They were in the same weight class. They fought the same fighters. EVERYONE wanted this fight. It was the fight that would have made the most money for both guys. It is a joke that it never was made...shame on Manny and shame on Floyd for not getting it done. Boxing could have really used a fight like this. It would have been the 2nd most hyped sporting event in the United States any year it would have been made (behind only the Super Bowl). EVERYONE would have been talking about it. Instead, both fighters used that potential fight to line their own pockets in PPV numbers.

My biggest question (that I ALWAYS ask) is...just what in the hell would everybody else be talking about, AFTER this fight happened? Probably nothing...they would go on about their mediocre lives, shortly after this fight would've happened.

Keep in mind, there are more than 2 fighters in the sport. Boxing had it's biggest days when there were more than known fighters in the sport. The 70's had Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman...just to name a few. The 80's had SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Chavez, just to name a few. The 90's had Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Golotta, Lewis...just to name a few. The 00's had ODLH, Trinidad, Mosley, Hopkins...just to name a few.

What do we have now? We have quitters, guys protecting their 0's to land big paydays that they can't truly compete in, managers/promoters who disgustingly produce one lopsided fight after another and pay their fighters ridiculous money, promoters with school girl rivalries that stop big fights from happening...just to name a few.

So, again, the world would've got their "oohs and ahhs" out of Mayweather/Pacquiao from the build-up to a couple of weeks after the ending, then what? What are left with in the boxing world? Yep you got it...a bunch of up and coming fighters that either no one cares about, or has no idea who they are.

The sport is doing fine without this fight, to be perfectly honest. The "idea" and "hopes" of this fight happening, has done more for the sport, than it actually taking place.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 12 2013, 09:44 AM) *
Because Floyd beats Garcia the same way he beat Guerrero, Canelo, JMM, etc. It is a boring and easy fight for Floyd. Garcia is NEVER going to beat Floyd. That is a pointless fight. Garcia isn't going to counter Floyd. He won't out-box him. He isn't a pressure fighter. How in the world would Danny Garcia get the win? It is a boring fight that everyone would know the outcome of the moment it is made.

Well, fuck it....let's just give Floyd the W for all of these damn fights then. Aren't you the same guy who said that biscuit-chin Khan would give Floyd a fight because of his handspeed and footwork? Khan has some of the worst footwork in the game, and this handspeed that you're drooling over, will get him beat easier than a guy who takes his time in there.

Khan's time is up, and even he knows it. All of this new pacing crap that he does in the ring, isn't him, and never will be. He fights like a fool, and he'll fall victim to it again. It's funny how you can stand behind the weakest Floyd opponent in a while, but say that a talented fighter like Danny can't compete with him.

Khan's been with Hunter for what, 2 fights? How has he looked in those two fights? Shaky and confused against a midget Molina and God awful against an old, blown up lightweight...neither are good signs. I know that it takes a few fights for a guy to get comfortable and start improvements under a new trainer, but he shouldn't look this bad.

Just God awful on your behalf...simply God awful...
Jovi2016
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 09:31 AM) *

I wasn't trashing other fighters, or taking away credit from anyone, but the REALITY is that Mayweather is the Cash Cow is he not? That's why everyone 3 weight classes above and below are calling him out.... Does someone deserve to make more than 10% against Mayweather? Why not, but if they deserved it then it wouldnt even be a question because they will bring the money just like Mayweather will, if they are worth the money then they will bring it.......I'm taking the boxing game for simply what it is now, a BUSINESS.

I like Garcia, and since he was the double header for the ppv I thought for sure he'd be next or he's on the. But if Mayweather wasnt fighting him he was smart to USE HIS NAME TO BUILD THE UNDERCARD; this is what i suggested he do with other fighters. Is that so wrong and Impossible?

I'm not just calling for one big fight or mediocre fights, I'm just listing fight cards worthy of PAY-PER-VIEW. Mayweather changed the PPV game because now people think just put One person in the fight and its PPV, but that messes up the balance, if its PPV event, the card should be stacked from top to bottom.

I'm not a nuthugger simply because i wish someone success; I also want to meet him, shake his hand and possibly have him be my trainer; call it nut hugging I'm just drawn to being around greatness. Would you not wish wish success upon other people??? I APPRECIATE his skills, anyone who steps in the ring gets credit. Mayweather can fight any of these fuus he chooses; but at the end of the day speaking about it just speculation, so i say the fights i want to see before the time is up and he retires. So ill speak the fights i want to see into existence, its really that simple. If they happen cool, if not oh well life goes on; if the fights before the main event arent competitive then why would i pay 70$ to see one person? Mayweather my dude and all but me paying 70$ for one fight doesnt make as much sense as paying 70 for a stacked card.

There's a reason most boxers (credible sources) refer to mayweather as the best now...Just facts bruh
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 12 2013, 07:58 AM) *
My biggest question (that I ALWAYS ask) is...just what in the hell would everybody else be talking about, AFTER this fight happened? Probably nothing...they would go on about their mediocre lives, shortly after this fight would've happened.

Keep in mind, there are more than 2 fighters in the sport. Boxing had it's biggest days when there were more than known fighters in the sport. The 70's had Ali, Frazier, Norton, Foreman...just to name a few. The 80's had SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Chavez, just to name a few. The 90's had Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Golotta, Lewis...just to name a few. The 00's had ODLH, Trinidad, Mosley, Hopkins...just to name a few.

What do we have now? We have quitters, guys protecting their 0's to land big paydays that they can't truly compete in, managers/promoters who disgustingly produce one lopsided fight after another and pay their fighters ridiculous money, promoters with school girl rivalries that stop big fights from happening...just to name a few.

So, again, the world would've got their "oohs and ahhs" out of Mayweather/Pacquiao from the build-up to a couple of weeks after the ending, then what? What are left with in the boxing world? Yep you got it...a bunch of up and coming fighters that either no one cares about, or has no idea who they are.

The sport is doing fine without this fight, to be perfectly honest. The "idea" and "hopes" of this fight happening, has done more for the sport, than it actually taking place.

We would of gotten rid of all the May and Pac nuthuggers. After that fight no more using the other fighter to sell tickets and no more Arum with his bullshit. This fight would of parted ways with boxing fans from fans of one boxer. So yeah I guess this fight should happen to rid us of the above statements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.