Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danny Garcia vs. Victor Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
I would like to see Garcia vs. Ortiz. I think this will be a good measure for Danny to see if he can compete at WW. This is a toss up match for me. If Ortiz comes to fight with no mental issues it could get interesting, Ortiz can hit. If Danny outboxes and hits Ortiz with that left hook we can see what Ortiz is made of. Also, imagine Angel clowning Ortiz with his "hey bro" impersonation! Classic
checkleft
Depending on how ortiz looks I like it to. But I'm sure haymon and gbp will go the safer route with paulie
mrchitown
I see Malinaggi and Garcia fighting. GB is fond of Victor, as are they of Danny so I don't see this match up happening anytime soon. I think what GB is trying to build to is a potential huge fight between Garcia and Broner. The groundwork from both camps and the promoter is being laid for it as we speak. It's a good fight though, Ortiz would make things interesting if he comes in focused
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2013, 04:34 PM) *
Depending on how ortiz looks I like it to. But I'm sure haymon and gbp will go the safer route with paulie

I think Paulie would actually win. If Paulie hanged with Broner and damn near won, I think he would have a great shot against Danny. Imagine if we get Paulie and Floyd in September!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 11 2013, 06:15 PM) *
I think Paulie would actually win. If Paulie hanged with Broner and damn near won, I think he would have a great shot against Danny. Imagine if we get Paulie and Floyd in September!

People need to stop drinking the kool aid and saying this shit. It was competitive but after round 6 Adrien took over, Paulie was just active..as he was throughout the whole fight. Re-watch the fight again, Malinaggi's head was getting whipped like mashed potatoes in that fight. He was just active with a jab, nothing he did besides his activity was impressive. Broner landed the cleaner and more telling blows. A lot of the punches Paulie threw weren't landing. Not trying to jump on you but it's time to stop with this Paulie almost won shit, he didn't win and he did nothing to win besides being busy
Cshel86
It's sad that we have wonder which Ortiz shows up, but with that in mind, I believe he upsets the apple cart here.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 11 2013, 08:15 PM) *

You know people forget how much trouble Danny had with a straight puncher in morales the first fight. Paulie definitely is no push over but what I meant by safe is, paulie can't knock out a light switch so the cards (literally and figuratively) would be stacked against him. And as Cshels said the foundation for a potential broner Garcia fight is being laid down and what better way to stir things up than comparing performances against similar opponents.

When broner and garcia were coming up I had a hunch they would turn into the cotto and mayweather type of saga.
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 11 2013, 10:00 PM) *
You know people forget how much trouble Danny had with a straight puncher in morales the first fight. Paulie definitely is no push over but what I meant by safe is, paulie can't knock out a light switch so the cards (literally and figuratively) would be stacked against him. And as year of the Chi said the foundation for a potential broner Garcia fight is being laid down and what better way to stir things up than comparing performances against similar opponents.

When broner and garcia were coming up I had a hunch they would turn into the cotto and mayweather type of saga.

Get your quotes right Check

They trying to make a potential Broner-Garcia fight a blockbuster. I fully expect them to be in match ups where the opposition is favorable to them
AZWildCat
The Ortiz that needs to Show up to win that fight likley won't ....but.. if he does Danny got a war brewing
mitukczuk
I don't want to see Ortiz fight anyone. I enjoyed the time he and his broken jaw spent outside the business. This kid is severely delusional. I think something aint right in that head of his. Seriously. He constantly talks like the world owes him something. Dumb mofo owes the WORLD, not the other way around. The less exposure he gets, the better...

Sometimes I hate the fact boxing is just a business...and whats worse...that stupidity and lack of gray matter gets fighters fights they want....
sduck
Paulie aint beating Danny, neither would Ortiz.
klonopinz
ma people love to under estimate danny garcia. do not sleep on this dude, trust me. He has a lot more in that bag of his than he is showing you, just like broner. i think danny makes victor quit with a left hook to the body. malignaggi gets hammered as well, except danny has power,unlike adrien.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 12 2013, 01:54 AM) *
Get your quotes right Check

They trying to make a potential Broner-Garcia fight a blockbuster. I fully expect them to be in match ups where the opposition is favorable to them

Pulling a ochocinco I see
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 12 2013, 04:10 PM) *
ma people love to under estimate danny garcia. do not sleep on this dude, trust me. He has a lot more in that bag of his than he is showing you, just like broner. i think danny makes victor quit with a left hook to the body. malignaggi gets hammered as well, except danny has power,unlike adrien.

Whose underestimating him? Where are people getting this from? You must mean the general boxing public
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 12 2013, 06:07 PM) *
Pulling a ochocinco I see

I don't headbutt anymore though lol
HyyerBlaze
Danny KOs Ortiz mid rounds.Ortiz is a pussy.Danny would eat him alive.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 12 2013, 01:35 PM) *
I don't want to see Ortiz fight anyone. I enjoyed the time he and his broken jaw spent outside the business. This kid is severely delusional. I think something aint right in that head of his. Seriously. He constantly talks like the world owes him something. Dumb mofo owes the WORLD, not the other way around. The less exposure he gets, the better...

Sometimes I hate the fact boxing is just a business...and whats worse...that stupidity and lack of gray matter gets fighters fights they want....

I just gotta say, that this has the be the funniest gif sig up right now lol. Who's the hell is the guy missing all those damn punches havin Ali lookin like boxings drunken master?
mitukczuk
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 13 2013, 02:42 AM) *
I just gotta say, that this has the be the funniest gif sig up right now lol. Who's the hell is the guy missing all those damn punches havin Ali lookin like boxings drunken master?

Not a single body shot was thrown that day. These were the times where trying to hit and not being able to hit was the motto.
klonopinz
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 12 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Whose underestimating him? Where are people getting this from? You must mean the general boxing public

the people in this thread who think that any version of victor ortiz, or paulie malignaggi can beat danny on any given saturday. it will never happen. danny is da troof.
Cshel86
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 13 2013, 12:28 PM) *
the people in this thread who think that any version of victor ortiz, or paulie malignaggi can beat danny on any given saturday. it will never happen. danny is da troof.

Angel, is that you?

laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 13 2013, 11:28 AM) *

Lmao, I won't say any version of these two wouldn't beat him. Just because Garcia hasn't lost doesn't mean he's unbeatable. The reason some underestimate him is because it's baffling how someone so ordinary with no standout skills and minimal athletic ability can do what he does. Danny's best asset is he finds a way to win. But there will come a fight where the other fighter has more then he has and the same ability to win. Then we will see what he's made of
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 13 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Lmao, I won't say any version of these two wouldn't beat him. Just because Garcia hasn't lost doesn't mean he's unbeatable. The reason some underestimate him is because it's baffling how someone so ordinary with no standout skills and minimal athletic ability can do what he does. Danny's best asset is he finds a way to win. But there will come a fight where the other fighter has more then he has and the same ability to win. Then we will see what he's made of

THREAD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.