Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rios tests positive for diuretic
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
I read from fightnews that he test positive for a diuretic called Methylhexanamine or DMAA. My question is, is it just a matter of time before dude starts fighting at Jr. Middleweight now that he's having problems making welterweight?

The story:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/rios-faile...ao-fight-233277
checkleft
Chavez vs brandon Rios. For the wbc #1 ranking at cruiserweight
Gambit808
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 13 2013, 03:27 PM) *
Chavez vs brandon Rios. For the wbc #1 ranking at cruiserweight

Lol I know right, another Fernando Vargas.
Cshel86
I always break my neck to downplay a diuretic, but as soon as I remember that it can be used as a masking agent, I quickly STFU.
Franchize
How the fuck you go up a division and still can't make weight lmaooooo
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 13 2013, 07:11 PM) *
How the fuck you go up a division and still can't make weight lmaooooo

Epic fail, right? LOL
KSUN247
It's funny. During the HBO 24/7 leading up to the fight, he talked about no issues making weight and complained about the food he was eating. It's all about discipline if you need to manage your weight. If used as a masking agent, then he's just wrong. He didn't need to cheat against Manny, he just needed to show up and throw some punches.
flazi
it can't be used as a masking agent, its not a diuretic. its a stimulant and its a natural one but it got banned cause some people died of heart attacks using it. it was in every diet supplement for a while till the ban.
mitukczuk
Rios is a shady character. Always has been. I like his trashtalking, although I must admit I enjoyed it much more when he wasn't sounding like Bill Cosby.

How can someone move up in weight and still use shit like this is beyond me. No dedication whatsoever. Damn!
Franchize
I kinda knew all that "this is the hardest training camp I've ever been in" talk was typical bullshit when he stepped in the ring and looked flabby. Ironically, Maidana looked a bit weight drained in the weigh in for the Broner fight yesterday. I know it's easy for me to talk because I'm not in the ring, but I'm sorry, if I'm a professional in a sport with all the ramifications boxing has (severe injury, death, stardom if you win a big fight etc.) I would be in the best shape I could possibly be. Everyone's body type doesn't allow them to be ripped like say a Manny or Tim Bradley when he's focused or Devon Alexander at times, but there's no way I'd be walking around with love handles as a welterweight.
Dolimite
And still got his ass beat! I guess those Ariza shakes are losing its value. What a disgrace!
BoxingFan86
Someone's Youtube comment...

Midnightrambler3760
15 hours ago

When Ariza trained Pacquiao, Pacquiao refused random testing.

Ariza trained Rios and Pacquiao demanded random testing...why?

This demand for a random test and the subsequent positive test only prove that Manny Pacquiao cheated when with Ariza also.

Somethin' to think about? I've never thought about it that way. Hmmm...
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 15 2013, 02:09 PM) *

Midnightrambler3760
15 hours ago

This demand for a random test and the subsequent positive test only prove that Manny Pacquiao cheated when with Ariza also.

Then why wouldnt Manny not demand testing and juice him self?

That arguement is lame.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 15 2013, 02:22 PM) *
Then why wouldnt Manny not demand testing and juice him self?

That arguement is lame.

Huh? He's sayin' when Ariza was with Manny (this is when Manny was knockin' everybody out), Manny refused testin', but when Ariza left Manny and teamed up with Rios, Manny demanded testin'. Coincidence?
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 15 2013, 03:27 PM) *
Huh? He's sayin' when Ariza was with Manny (this is when Manny was knockin' everybody out), Manny refused testin', but when Ariza left Manny and teamed up with Rios, Manny demanded testin'. Coincidence?

But if Manny knew Ariza would cheat then why wouldn't Manny cheat as well? He's demanding testing now cuz he thinks JMM was juiced up when he got KO'ed cold...and to maybe last ditch hope for a fight with Mayweather.

aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 15 2013, 02:09 PM) *

Midnightrambler3760
15 hours ago

Never thought of it that way.
aTYpicalTYrant
Rios is denying (surprise) but if his story on how the test was administered is true, he'll be fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.