Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@8PM(ET)/5PM(PT)-Broner vs. Maidana-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Jack 1000
Follow all the action and post-fight reactions to Showtime's Quadruple Header of Championship Fights. Tonight!

Featuring:

Broner vs. Maidana
Santa Cruz vs. Seda
Thurman vs. Soto Karas
Shumenov vs. Kovacs

Keep everything in this thread. Note the earlier start time of 8PM Eastern. It's like the start time of a PPV, but it's NOT PPV! A great card to round out the year! This is how you do it for boxing!

Jack

Administrator
mitukczuk
Man, how much I wiish I could stay up until 4 am when the card actually starts here in Czech republic. Unfortunantelly, I have a hardcore gym session under my belt and I am getting dead tired as I'm writting this.

Broner vs Maidana - Broner by UD. I expect Maidana to test ABs ass though. It won't be easy. I don't see a KO in this one but I would love to see Adrien being hurt - I wonder how he would react to it.
Santa Cruz vs. Seda - SC will pull it off.
Thurman vs Soto Karas - Thurman wants it and I see more than just power in him. TKO in the 8th/9th round.
Shumenov vs. Kovacs - Shumenov UD.
Dolimite
Greatest thing about this fight: everyone made weight! Haven't seen the weigh in I heard it was pretty good. A body shot could in this night for Eminem aka Marcos Maidana. Thurman will go the distance with Soto, LSC will look good as usual. Haven't seen the light heavyweights fight so that should be interesting. If there was an upset he would come from the Thurman fight. Adrien came in light for this fight. Hopefully he did not have to kill himself to make weight. He was pretty fight when he was doing his rap tour. If Khan is a guest commentator I will be pissed. That kid is annoying.
Cshel86
Broner/Maidana: The easy answer would be Broner as the victor, but for some reason, it's not coming that easy for me. I've seen Maidana in there with more skilled guys, and all I've seen is frustration and confusion on his end. Marcos hasn't been able to take a shot as good as he has in the past...he's been looking more and more vulnerable, maybe his body is asking him, "Man, this shit again? WTF's wrong with you?". Any smart man would question Broner's pop at 147...either it's not what it was at 30 or 35, or he had those first time jitters in his last fight. Who knows? As promised, I'll continue to go for the underdog for the remainder of this year, regardless of how obvious the outcome is. Too many weird shots, pressure, and the will to win, will tell us all we need to know about Marcos tonight...which is style that Adrien hasn't faced yet. I have Maidana by surprise. laugh.gif

Thurman/JSK: Keith moves a lot for the WW that he is, so this wont be a Berto-type fight for JSK...he'll have to work. My only request is that he uses some freakin' head movement all night...not just when things get rough. He cuts easily, so I'll expect expect plenty of blood here. I think he gives Thurman problems, and that's only based on the performance that Chaves put on, which he didn't use a lot of movement. Keith may very struggle a bit here, or he could go in there and obliterate JSK, since he knows that a title shot is around the corner. If he wins tonight, he can give a huge thank you to San Diego. cool.gif

Santa Cruz/Seda: Not sure if I've seen Seda fight...so I'll make sure I don't sort socks while it's on.

*Cut & paste my post from the other thread, so what...sue me, lol*
AZWildCat
Santa Cruz UD
Thurman MID ROUNDS TKO/KO
broner SD

jtiizzle
broner on ropes getting pummeled
Cshel86
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Dec 14 2013, 08:03 PM) *
broner on ropes getting pummeled

Bold, but respectable prediction my man. Let's see how this plays out...
AZWildCat
Live stream any one???
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 14 2013, 08:06 PM) *
Live stream any one???

Check your PM
Cshel86
Been drinking all day, and had this silly urge to wanna hang up Christmas lights outside...and it's been pouring down raining since 7AM. It's been a long day fellas...
Cshel86
Shumenov just dropped Kovacs in the 1st with a left hook...gladly, there were only 16 seconds left.
jtiizzle
broner will win but he will be in deep shit
Cshel86
Looks like Kovacs went down again in the 2nd, but I'm not sure what landed...maybe it was delayed a bit
jtiizzle
beibut 2 KD's LOL them guys from kazakstan got power
mgrover
Am waiting on the Mansour fight lol am I cool to dump spoilers here for it?
jtiizzle
beibut drills him for a 3rd round TKO
Cshel86
Nice competitive 3rd round for both guys, but Kovacs is down again...doesn't look good...at all

It's over

Shumenov by TKO (by right hand) in the 3rd round
Dolimite
My goodness! Beibut got some skill! Nice fight! I like this guy! B Hop my want to stay away from Shumenov. Okay well maybe I am jumping the gun. But I like this cat. Look at B hop politiking!
Dolimite
An Asian guy with a Russian accent! Love it.
Gambit808
That was a good showcase by Beibut. I seen spots where Shumenov can be counter over his right, but never the less, was a pretty good fight. I wouldn't mind seein him and B-Hop go at it.
Gambit808
I don't see this fight going the distance.
jtiizzle
not a believer in santa cruz
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 14 2013, 08:42 PM) *
I don't see this fight going the distance.

I'm not sure if any of these fights will, to be honest.
Cshel86
Santa Cruz imposed his will in the 1st, but Seda isn't here to lay down. Nice 1st round
Cshel86
Santa Cruz took the 2nd round, but I think he's respecting Seda juuuust a bit too much. This fight seems a bit competitive, though Seda isn't doing much.
Cshel86
Seda looks hurt, but he wants more (in the 3rd)
Cshel86
Cruz's left hand is playing a big part in this bout
jtiizzle
great scrap santa cruz is constantly throwing
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 14 2013, 08:53 PM) *
Cruz's left hand is playing a big part in this bout

I agree, probably why he tried switching to southpaw earlier.
Dolimite
Am I tripping or is that Al Haymon sitting next to Richard S.? This Seda and cruz fivht is good. These body shots are killer, both men.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 14 2013, 08:59 PM) *
I agree, probably why he tried switching to southpaw earlier.

That shit cant miss tonight, but he's not putting a lot on it.
Gambit808
Ceda needs to try being first to get off more, his shots are not as effective as he was earlier in...
Cshel86
A silly slip by Seda, called for a knockdown in the last 20 seconds. A punch landed, but it was nothing to claim a kd.
KOpower
Is that Al Haymon next to Schaefer?
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Dec 14 2013, 09:06 PM) *
Is that Al Haymon next to Schaefer?

Yep
Cshel86
Did Santa Cruz hurt his right hand???
jtiizzle
looking suspect
jtiizzle
al haymon ringside lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Dec 14 2013, 09:09 PM) *
looking suspect

Indeed

Cruz isn't looking so strong tonight, and those combinations aren't landing as much as they normally would
KOpower
Cruz looks like a smaller Antonio Margarito.
Cshel86
This fighting a southpaw stuff is bothering Cruz, its evident.
mgrover
al haymon in attendance. i cant see maidana winning a close fight
jtiizzle
maidana with haymon too, cruz looking like brandon rios
Cshel86
QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Dec 14 2013, 09:27 PM) *
maidana with haymon too, cruz looking like brandon rios

I thought it was Matthysse, not Marcos. I may be wrong...

Didn't expect cruz to go the distance tonight...

These cards are gonna be weird
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2013, 02:29 AM) *
I thought it was Matthysse, not Marcos. I may be wrong...

Didn't expect cruz to go the distance tonight...

These cards are gonna be weird

it is Matthysse, not sure if its Maidana as well. but to the point whose being groomed as the future of boxing?
KOpower
Matthysse is certainly with Haymon, not sure if Marcos is.
Cshel86
Keith is hurt in the 1st
Cshel86
Thurman got the first round, though that body shot hurt JSK at the end.

Glad it was only a few seconds left...

Keith put some fire to him after he got his shit back
jtiizzle
maidana with haymon yea i thought thurman was going to get stopped in 1st LOL
KOpower
HELL of a 1st round. Keith got ROCKED early, but he came back and whipped JSK for the rest of the fight. I am going to give that the rare 10-10 round because Thurman was hurt early.

Round 1: 10-10

Overall: 10-10
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.