Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broner better get FLOYD SR
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
MAHDI
The mofos in his corner don't know shit about boxing.. horrible instructions.. no real strategy... Broner needs Floyd SR.... now- If not he could be finished before he is 25 if he keeps taking punishment like he did against Maidana... rematch with Floyd Sr at the helm
Marcus
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 10:04 AM) *
The mofos in his corner don't know shit about boxing.. horrible instructions.. no real strategy... Broner needs Floyd SR.... now- If not he could be finished before he is 25 if he keeps taking punishment like he did against Maidana... rematch with Floyd Sr at the helm

I was thinking this shit all night yesterday! I dont like the way anything was handled in Broners corner. After the first knockdown, Broner's corner had NOOOOO composure. Broner was the one that had to snap every one out of it. How is it that you have Mike Stafford and Kevin Cunningham in your corner and no adjustments were made. Broner had a terrible gameplan coming in. He looked like a Brandon Rios that knows how to shoulder roll. Wayyy to stationary. AB should've been on his bike last night, pivoted more, used his legs, moved. He backed maidana up effectively and Broner eat some big shots so we know he has a chin. Even yesterday he dodged a lot of punches. But his game plan was all wrong.

He needs to go see Floyd Sr. and Pernell Whitaker.
He also needs to watch a couple of Rigondeaux tapes because he has all the tools with no smart gameplan.

Malinaggi made some good points too. Broner is not cerebral enough. He didnt really make any proper adjustments. Maidana didn't only out brawl broner, but he OUTBOXED Broner. He took Broner to school. He jabbed him, broke his body down, and backed him up. SMART pressure. Garcia Vs Garcia for trainer of the year!
mitukczuk
Floyd Sr is not a solution to EVERY problem. Hatton ? Anyone?
There are other trainers who could do Adrien some good...

I think Broner IS getting pointers from the Mayweather camp. They are hella close so I wouldnt be surprised if Sr, Rog or Jeff wouldn't chime in from time to time. Adriens problems are outside the ring at the moment. MAINLY.

Marcus
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 15 2013, 10:34 AM) *
Floyd Sr is not a solution to EVERY problem. Hatton ? Anyone?
There are other trainers who could do Adrien some good...

I think Broner IS getting pointers from the Mayweather camp. They are hella close so I wouldnt be surprised if Sr, Rog or Jeff wouldn't chime in from time to time. Adriens problems are outside the ring at the moment. MAINLY.

Hatton admitted himself that he didn't listen to the gameplan. I'm not saying he's the solution but it definitely wouldn't hurt Broner to have Sr. in his corner.
I agree however I think Broner's problems are inside the ring as well. He has skills but he hasn't displayed the ability to think well. He doesn't switch his fight game up. Broner fought yesterday the way he's been fighting 2 years ago. He's not evolving. But theres no doubt that his corner needs to provide him with better instruction.
sduck
Broner is one-dimensional, he only knows how to fight coming forward with the philly shell, can't box for shit. Maidana took that away from him and Broner fell apart. Broner needs a new trainer and team indeed. I also agree Floyd Sr. would humble him up a bit.
mgrover
The main question am asking myself is that no disrespect to Maidana, but Broner was the better fighter technically, so how did he lose. I think he became hesitant once he felt Maidanas power, then Maidana gassed so he wasn't doing much, and Broner had his way for a round or two then Maidana came back, and by that time Broner had already dialed down the gassed Maidana and never really adjusted. Plus this is not his weight class yet.
sduck
Broner is one-dimensional, he only knows how to fight coming forward with the philly shell, can't box for shit. Maidana took that away from him and Broner fell apart. Broner needs a new trainer and team indeed. I also agree Floyd Sr. would humble him up a bit.
AZWildCat
He crumbled like berto did against the ghost that shell getting people in trouble thinking its invincible D when its not. soon as it gets cracked they have no clue what to do. Maidana went in there and did his thing. throwing punches in bunches throwing off timing and keeping pressure.

Broner wasn't the only one exposed his corner is "inept" in every sense of the word.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 15 2013, 08:29 AM) *
I was thinking this shit all night yesterday! I dont like the way anything was handled in Broners corner. After the first knockdown, Broner's corner had NOOOOO composure. Broner was the one that had to snap every one out of it. How is it that you have Mike Stafford and Kevin Cunningham in your corner and no adjustments were made. Broner had a terrible gameplan coming in. He looked like a Brandon Rios that knows how to shoulder roll. Wayyy to stationary. AB should've been on his bike last night, pivoted more, used his legs, moved. He backed maidana up effectively and Broner eat some big shots so we know he has a chin. Even yesterday he dodged a lot of punches. But his game plan was all wrong.

He needs to go see Floyd Sr. and Pernell Whitaker.
He also needs to watch a couple of Rigondeaux tapes because he has all the tools with no smart gameplan.

Malinaggi made some good points too. Broner is not cerebral enough. He didnt really make any proper adjustments. Maidana didn't only out brawl broner, but he OUTBOXED Broner. He took Broner to school. He jabbed him, broke his body down, and backed him up. SMART pressure. Garcia Vs Garcia for trainer of the year!

BECAUSE NO ONE INCLUDING, BRONER TOOK THIS FIGHT SERIOUSLY! They overlooked Maidana. AB was looking at his next fight. Big mistake

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 15 2013, 08:59 AM) *
The main question am asking myself is that no disrespect to Maidana, but Broner was the better fighter technically, so how did he lose. I think he became hesitant once he felt Maidanas power, then Maidana gassed so he wasn't doing much, and Broner had his way for a round or two then Maidana came back, and by that time Broner had already dialed down the gassed Maidana and never really adjusted. Plus this is not his weight class yet.

Because he did not prepare that is how, He wasn't being a professional, he made boxing his side bitch and not his wife and kid
Plah
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 15 2013, 12:25 PM) *
BECAUSE NO ONE INCLUDING, BRONER TOOK THIS FIGHT SERIOUSLY! They overlooked Maidana. AB was looking at his next fight. Big mistake

Because he did not prepare that is how, He wasn't being a professional, he made boxing his side bitch and not his wife and kid

I agree, he took Maidana lightly and paid the price. Now, he shouldn't take the immediate rematch (if there is one). He needs to focus in boxing only and stop being such a ridiculous pos lol. The whole card was really good, Showtime gave us some good shit this year
HyyerBlaze
"I'm still going to party and have fun. My first afterparty is going to be on Tuesday in Cincinnati. We gonna have fun."-Broner

This is why he will never be a top welterweight fighter.Guy needs to stay his punk ass at 135 if he gonna keep partying and acting like a fool.Roger and Floyd Sr. can't train desire to be great.
Marcus
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Dec 15 2013, 11:41 AM) *
"I'm still going to party and have fun. My first afterparty is going to be on Tuesday in Cincinnati. We gonna have fun."-Broner

This is why he will never be a top welterweight fighter.Guy needs to stay his punk ass at 135 if he gonna keep partying and acting like a fool.Roger and Floyd Sr. can't train desire to be great.

Agreed. Zab Judah 2.0 in the making. i just hope Broner decides to get it together before its too late. I think he has a lot of potential and he's great for boxing. I wonder what the ratings for last nights fight were.

Keith Thurman. Paulie Malinaggi. Marcos Maidana. I want to see these three guys in the ring together all at once and see who comes out the last man standing lol
mgrover
what if really, that was the best of broner...
Marcus
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 15 2013, 12:06 PM) *

Then that would leave us dissapointed just as we were with Berto. Al Haymon is a genius when it comes to marketing these fighters
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 15 2013, 12:06 PM) *

Then I hope he's made some real investments

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 15 2013, 12:17 PM) *
Then that would leave us dissapointed just as we were with Berto. Al Haymon is a genius when it comes to marketing these fighters

I'd say worse even though I never really cared for broner. liked berto more but I always felt Broner had some type of talent that he never fully tapped into. he dug a hole he can't climb out of with all the talking .
klonopinz
aparently broner trained hard as hell and sparred evryday. i really think this is why hes taking this so hard, because he was 100 %, yet he still got smashed, and by a fighter he considers to be totally below his skill level, a fighter he honestly thought he would humiliate, as mayweather did to baldomir, yet he got judah'd by maidana like kostya did to zab.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 15 2013, 10:43 AM) *
Hatton admitted himself that he didn't listen to the gameplan. I'm not saying he's the solution but it definitely wouldn't hurt Broner to have Sr. in his corner.
I agree however I think Broner's problems are inside the ring as well. He has skills but he hasn't displayed the ability to think well. He doesn't switch his fight game up. Broner fought yesterday the way he's been fighting 2 years ago. He's not evolving. But theres no doubt that his corner needs to provide him with better instruction.

Exactly... Broner needs stern guidance.. someone to get in his ass. Floyd Sr will be like. "look here mothefucker, you about to be done fighting at 25 if you don't take this shit more serious"... I mean I think the only one out there to help Broner is Floyd Sr.. Hatton did not listen to Sr. and after the first round of getting blasted by Pac-- SR said exactly that- Andre Dawson was great when SR was there.. since SR left he is dog shit--- Broner better get Sr or I see him getting thrashed again. ABOUT BILLIONS? lmao
Cshel86
Oh Lord, not the "Broner needs a new trainer" thread. Some of yall are reaching, big time...just let it go. Funny thing is, I've NEVER heard anybody around here say anything bad about Stafford, now suddenly, Broner loses a fight, now the guy needs to be replaced.

no2.gif

Keep reaching my friends...keep reaching.
MAHDI
His corner seemed inept.. It is not unusual for people to suggest new trainers, especially after seeing his corner appear as if they never were in a championship fight before... Stafford? I never paid attention to his corner until yesterday... he was able to get by against the midgets he was facing and pillow fisted Paulie, yet his corner did nothing to help him against a killer in the ring like Maidana
truth
I said he lacked discipline because of his out of the ring activity this experience has humbled him and i hope he is ready to reach for greatness now sr would be an asset to broner in his corner because he is defensive minded and would teach him better movement its not that were reaching Chsel just can't deny what we saw
klonopinz
i think the problem is broners ego not mike stafford. he think he knows everything and he doesnt. he doesnt seem to realize he is inexperienced and very green. he acts like hes a veteran, and hes far from it. i hope this was a wake up call, kid needs to be a student of the game and learn. he acts like he has skipped floyds hole middle career and is at the level maywetaher was at when he fought oscar, thats ho adreen acts. he doesnt seem to realize that shit takes time, and he learned it the hard way. sucks for boxing, but also great for boxing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 02:52 PM) *
His corner seemed inept.. It is not unusual for people to suggest new trainers, especially after seeing his corner appear as if they never were in a championship fight before... Stafford? I never paid attention to his corner until yesterday... he was able to get by against the midgets he was facing and pillow fisted Paulie, yet his corner did nothing to help him against a killer in the ring like Maidana

You do know that I'm about to use this very point and make mine, right?

It reminds me of that saying, and I paraphrase, "No one notices when you're doing good, until you mess up".

His corner showed urgency, but it was him who told them to chill out. Now, I will go back and watch the fight again, because I haven't seen it since last night, but I can almost bet that it was a bunch of people talking at once (in his corner), or he wasn't listening. I remember a few of the instructions, but not all of them.

QUOTE (truth @ Dec 15 2013, 03:05 PM) *
I said he lacked discipline because of his out of the ring activity this experience has humbled him and i hope he is ready to reach for greatness now sr would be an asset to broner in his corner because he is defensive minded and would teach him better movement its not that were reaching Chsel just can't deny what we saw

How do we know that this experience has truly humbled him?

As soon as a guy loses, guys automatically start talking about a new trainer. Stafford's gotten Broner this far, so why add something new because Broner went out there with the wrong state of mind? Just like I heard a pastor say about people who pray for riches..."If you're a fool with $10, then do you really think that God is gonna bless you with more money?"

The same goes for Broner, if he can't thrive under Stafford's tutelage, then how do you expect him to thrive under Sr.'s??? It had more to do with what Broner didn't do last night, than what Stafford couldn't provide between rounds.
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 09:04 AM) *

You know you my boy but you trippin. Mike Stafford is a well respected trainer and trust when I tell you he knows his stuff. Professor knows more about him then I do but he got some youngins in hsi gym now that's gon be very well if they decide to go pro. He knows his stuff. He told Broner the truth and gave him good, sound advice. Maidana was just the better fighter last night

You think he will be finished before he's 25 and he's 24, damn that's a short ride lol

Let me tell you what I would work on with this kid. I'd teach him how to fight on the inside. His inside game is wack, I'd also have him working off that jab, he doesn't use it enough imo. He has a decent jab but he falls in love with power shots. His footwork...he has avg footwork but it needs to improve. with improved footwork he might have won last night and he definitely could've avoided some of those hellacious shots he took

I'd stress to him the true use of the shoulder roll and the importance of not going straight back. He has a tendency to pull straight back and not roll with shots at times and it cost him last night. I'd also show him how to move out of the way of these big punchers. He knows how but he don't do it. He's not flat footed. He's very quick of feet but he wants to bang with everybody. How'd that work out for him lol...he showed movement late and too late in the fight.

That's just some of the things I'd work on with him, oh and defense. He can get better. He's not a bad defender but he can make his fights alot more easier with better defense and less show boating. I wouldn't mind seeing him in with Maidana again, it's things I see in that fight where he can win easy and I stress EASY by decision or KO
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2013, 03:02 PM) *
You do know that I'm about to use this very point and make mine, right?

It reminds me of that saying, and I paraphrase, "No one notices when you're doing good, until you mess up".

His corner showed urgency, but it was him who told them to chill out. Now, I will go back and watch the fight again, because I haven't seen it since last night, but I can almost bet that it was a bunch of people talking at once (in his corner), or he wasn't listening. I remember a few of the instructions, but not all of them.

How do we know that this experience has truly humbled him?

As soon as a guy loses, guys automatically start talking about a new trainer. Stafford's gotten Broner this far, so why add something new because Broner went out there with the wrong state of mind? Just like I heard a pastor say about people who pray for riches..."If you're a fool with $10, then do you really think that God is gonna bless you with more money?"

The same goes for Broner, if he can't thrive under Stafford's tutelage, then how do you expect him to thrive under Sr.'s??? It had more to do with what Broner didn't do last night, than what Stafford couldn't provide between rounds.

Stafford is a great trainer, I've been seeing this across the net too. 27 wins, plus a top notch amateur career and his fighter loses 1 fight and he needs to drop him. That's ridiculous. I agree with your statement about nobody noticing the good until you mess up. It's definitely in effect here...Stafford is a great trainer and I see no need for him to switch it up. he can leave his father at home though

I don't know if he's humbled, I have my doubts due to his comments about not changing up his routine and partying ways. Only time will tell
MAHDI
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 15 2013, 04:06 PM) *
You know you my boy but you trippin. Mike Stafford is a well respected trainer and trust when I tell you he knows his stuff. Professor knows more about him then I do but he got some youngins in hsi gym now that's gon be very well if they decide to go pro. He knows his stuff. He told Broner the truth and gave him good, sound advice. Maidana was just the better fighter last night

You think he will be finished before he's 25 and he's 24, damn that's a short ride lol

Let me tell you what I would work on with this kid. I'd teach him how to fight on the inside. His inside game is wack, I'd also have him working off that jab, he doesn't use it enough imo
. He has a decent jab but he falls in love with power shots. His footwork...he has avg footwork but it needs to improve. with improved footwork he might have won last night and he definitely could've avoided some of those hellacious shots he took

I'd stress to him the true use of the shoulder roll and the importance of not going straight back. He has a tendency to pull straight back and not roll with shots at times and it cost him last night. I'd also show him how to move out of the way of these big punchers. He knows how but he don't do it. He's not flat footed. He's very quick of feet but he wants to bang with everybody. How'd that work out for him lol...he showed movement late and too late in the fight.

That's just some of the things I'd work on with him, oh and defense. He can get better. He's not a bad defender but he can make his fights alot more easier with better defense and less show boating. I wouldn't mind seeing him in with Maidana again, it's things I see in that fight where he can win easy and I stress EASY by decision or KO

Ok...well Stafford.better get him to abandon the shoulder roll unless SR IS BROUGHT IN TO TEACH HIM HOW how to defend using it...
mitukczuk
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 04:35 PM) *
Ok...well Stafford.better get him to abandon the shoulder roll unless SR IS BROUGHT IN TO TEACH HIM HOW how to defend using it...

Did Toney have Sr to teach him Shoulder Roll? He is not the only one who knows it man...

One thing I hate about Broner is as Chi pointed out is that he goes straight backwards. and when he is trying to avoid punches..he leans backwards as well. That puts a pressure and weight on his back foot and therefore hes not able to slide, glide and move with it when the situation demands it. That amongst other things needs to be improved. I think his trainer is capable of doing that...But it all depends on Broner, because he needs to admit to himself that his skill set is not complete just yet.
Marcus
But what would Broner say if this was his PPV debut though?...
mgrover
I feel the shoulder roll or not even the roll but using the shoulder to block punches is for some reason something that comes naturally, I remember when I first started boxing it was just natural to tuck my chin into my shoulder. I think the people that use it so successfully is that they know when to switch from the offense to defense and like somebody said in a earlier post or thread I can't remember, when to move,
klonopinz
floyd mayweather sr isnt the originator of this defense, there is a man named Nicolino Locche who was a defensive master that utilized some of the same moves, in fact i think floyd sr knows the basics, but money may took it to a different level with his incredible boxing instincts, and sr likes to try and take credit for it. how do you think sr learned it? from somebody he saw box when he was coming up. these arent new moves, theyve been around for a century.

it takes great refelxes and a great sense of timing to do it though, you need to be able to read ur oponent and react after he does, yet move before he lands. very hard to do. i just dont know if broner has what it takes to use it right, i think broner thinks it looks cool, and he wants to be like his idol, but he learned the hard way like berto, that its not to be used unless you can do it without thinking. back in the ponce de leon fight, broner was using a high guard, not the shoulder roll, he jsut started to use it a few fights ago, like the litzau fight or one of those. he should just go back to what he was taught, what stafford knows, cuz i know stafford is not a shpoulder roll guy.
Dolimite
Can't always blame the coach for a team's fuck ups. AB did not take Marcos serious. We all know this. If his corner is urgent and telling him that he needs to come on and he is telling them to chill out, it tells you the dude is that fucking cocky that he doesn't even know he is in deep shit. His sense of reality is foggy. He wouldn't even listen. And his body language was all wrong. I bet people are burning their bandcamp shit.
truth
Your right cshel i don't know if it humbled him or not and i think Stafford is a good trainer i also think under someone like sr he would learn to be more defensive minded and learn when to use his offense betteras someone mentioned he is still young and I think there is still opportunities for he him to reach greatness. Although sr is not the only one who can teach the shell what is the intangible is the proper use of it and better defense. Which will take him to the next plateau. Truth be told if he doesn't want to be great no matter the trainer he will lose again and again but sr might be able to pull the best out of him when Stafford could not
klonopinz
QUOTE (truth @ Dec 15 2013, 07:18 PM) *
Your right cshel i don't know if it humbled him or not and i think Stafford is a good trainer i also think under someone like sr he would learn to be more defensive minded and learn when to use his offense betteras someone mentioned he is still young and I think there is still opportunities for he him to reach greatness. Although sr is not the only one who can teach the shell what is the intangible is the proper use of it and better defense. Which will take him to the next plateau. Truth be told if he doesn't want to be great no matter the trainer he will lose again and again but sr might be able to pull the best out of him when Stafford could not

Or the opposite, stafford has been with him sicn ehe was like 6 dude, you really think floyd sr can motivate him if the guy that knows him best cannot? fame changes people and so does money, broner got a taste of it and got jaded. its not the trainer, its the fighter.
MAHDI
Fuck who originated the roll.. and Fuck who else knows it.. simple mathematics says work with big brother Floyd and his daddy ... two guys on the scene who are the best at the roll and defensive strategy.. guys he is cool with and has access to... it can only help and not hurt
klonopinz
simple mathematics says broner got his ass handed to him and it was funny as hell to watch
klonopinz
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 07:22 PM) *
Fuck who originated the roll.. and Fuck who else knows it.. simple mathematics says work with big brother Floyd and his daddy ... two guys on the scene who are the best at the roll and defensive strategy.. guys he is cool with and has access to... it can only help and not hurt

i agree, but its not for everybody. if he coudlnt use it against slow as maidana, ho the hell will it work at the elite level for him then. at least floyd has the power to keep you honest. broner doesnt even have that, so he will constantly be on the defensive, couple that with his shit output, and thats a recipe for losing rounds and getting koed over and over. i think dude should go back to what he grew up doing and what he was taught by stafford.
Dolimite
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 04:22 PM) *

Broner will have to be really discipline if he going to train with SR. Senior ain't taking Broner's antics.
MAHDI
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Dec 15 2013, 07:29 PM) *
simple mathematics says broner got his ass handed to him and it was funny as hell to watch

I am not a fan of the bafoon. he has some talent, yet needs to tighten up---For sure I enjoyed it. Maidana whipped the dog shit out of him. Broner has been doing so much shucking and jiving...shit talking and not working hard enough. It was inevitable. james kirkland said something.. guys know about hard work, but they don't know nothing about HARD, HARD WORK....
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 03:35 PM) *

The Mayweather's are not the end all be all when it comes to training. I know they are God to a lot of people on here. They could help him but not the only ones. He lost once and people pushing for a new trainer. The overreacting is reaching epic levels of failure

Even Floyd sr got his ass beat. SRL anyone. Did he need a new trainer. That's the beauty of the sport we love. On any given night somebody can catch that L, but as for Adrien, one loss doesn't set him back and require a change
MAHDI
That was more than taking an L.. Broner seemed to be totally unprepared for what was coming.. that has to fall on the trainer to some degree. Yet, Stafford is said to be excellent... ok Broner just didn't listen. We will see
Cshel86
QUOTE (truth @ Dec 15 2013, 07:18 PM) *

That would require Sr. to be in CONTROL...which is a reason that he and his son had so much problems. Broner's been doing what he wants and had a bunch of "yes me" around him...it would be more about what Broner allows from Sr., than what Sr. can do for Broner.

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 07:22 PM) *

Chill out man, you sound mad. Simple mathematics says that you're putting all of your eggs in one basket with this "Broner needs Sr." mess, you really are.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 15 2013, 07:33 PM) *
Broner will have to be really discipline if he going to train with SR. Senior ain't taking Broner's antics.

Exactly
MAHDI
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 15 2013, 08:25 PM) *
That would require Sr. to be in CONTROL...which is a reason that he and his son had so much problems. Broner's been doing what he wants and had a bunch of "yes me" around him...it would be more about what Broner allows from Sr., than what Sr. can do for Broner.

Chill out man, you sound mad. Simple mathematics says that you're putting all of your eggs in one basket with this "Broner needs Sr." mess, you really are.

Exactly

chill with the internet psychoanalysis.. fuck and motherfucker are regular words on this forum if not pardon me, but I am not mad at all homie... Just enjoying the thread...
Marcus
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 15 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Can't always blame the coach for a team's fuck ups. AB did not take Marcos serious. We all know this. If his corner is urgent and telling him that he needs to come on and he is telling them to chill out, it tells you the dude is that fucking cocky that he doesn't even know he is in deep shit. His sense of reality is foggy. He wouldn't even listen. And his body language was all wrong. I bet people are burning their bandcamp shit.

Good point. Much like when AB (Andre Berto) was on the rise, I think we should also question AB's ability as a thinker. He definitely doesnt make necessary adjustments in a timely manner. He's not cerebral, just talented. He was whooping on Maidana in the 11th and i think the 5th but he didnt make any adjustments to avoid damage he's been sustaining. He took nothing good away from Maidana.

Even if he goes back to the gym and works harder, that wont be enough. He needs to worl smart. Thats what seperates Ward and Floyd from everyone. they take everything you do great away. Even Danny Garcia displayed that against Matthysse. He made adjustments.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 09:04 AM) *

Even if his corner did not know squat, the bottom line is that Broner should've been intelligent enough to realize that he needed to make some adjustments (like abandoning the Shoulder Roll), even Mayweather doesn't always use his shoulder roll the entire fight like Adrien was doing.
MAHDI
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 15 2013, 11:06 PM) *
Even if his corner did not know squat, the bottom line is that Broner should've been intelligent enough to realize that he needed to make some adjustments (like abandoning the Shoulder Roll), even Mayweather doesn't always use his shoulder roll the entire fight like Adrien was doing.

I do not recall his corner giving the above simple insrtuction.. they said nothing about his ineffective use of the shoulder roll despite him eating power shot after power shot trying to employ it
checkleft
QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 15 2013, 10:58 AM) *

It sounds like you've only watched one broner fight. Dude can move and box he is just stubborn. I don't think sr is the answer as many ogs in here have enforced.
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 15 2013, 11:19 AM) *
He crumbled like berto did against the ghost that shell getting people in trouble thinking its invincible D when its not. soon as it gets cracked they have no clue what to do. Maidana went in there and did his thing. throwing punches in bunches throwing off timing and keeping pressure.

Broner wasn't the only one exposed his corner is "inept" in every sense of the word.

Here we go with the E word.. nobody was exposed stay dry homies yall getting wet for no reason.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 15 2013, 11:25 AM) *

This is the most accurate post I've seen about the outcome of this fight. A focused broner, if there is one, beats maidana. Not to take anything away from maidana I'm a huge fan of the Argie trio but he is beatable. And broner has the tools to do it

And I'm not trying to stick up for the kid. I could care less about his shit talking and out of the ring antics as for floyds pacs or anyone else's but he thought Marcos was gonna be a demarco replay and he was wrong.

Although in losing he showed me more than in previous outings and I was impressed. Maidana is just a warrior of will and a helluva puncher.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 15 2013, 08:37 PM) *
It sounds like you've only watched one broner fight. Dude can move and box he is just stubborn. I don't think sr is the answer as many ogs in here have enforced.

Here we go with the E word.. nobody was exposed stay dry homies yall getting wet for no reason.

This is the most accurate post I've seen about the outcome of this fight. A focused broner, if there is one, beats maidana. Not to take anything away from maidana I'm a huge fan of the Argie trio but he is beatable. And broner has the tools to do it

And I'm not trying to stick up for the kid. I could care less about his shit talking and out of the ring antics as for floyds pacs or anyone else's but he thought Marcos was gonna be a demarco replay and he was wrong.

Although in losing he showed me more than in previous outings and I was impressed. Maidana is just a warrior of will and a helluva puncher.

Not only that but he never recovered from the knock down mentally. He could not shake it off. He kept thinking about it. Broner displayed an immature fight game and menatlity. He did not stay composed. He panic and he had no idea how to float in the deep waters he was being dragged in. Maidana was gassed and he still could not do anything. His mind was stuck in the second round. Hopefully this is a lesson learn
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 16 2013, 12:52 AM) *
Not only that but he never recovered from the knock down mentally. He could not shake it off. He kept thinking about it. Broner displayed an immature fight game and menatlity. He did not stay composed. He panic and he had no idea how to float in the deep waters he was being dragged in. Maidana was gassed and he still could not do anything. His mind was stuck in the second round. Hopefully this is a lesson learn

Idk about that but he was definitely in there with the wrong gameplan.

To me he seemed to be stuck in that "you can't hit me" mentality even after the kd like it was a lucky shot. And he went back to doing the same thing. He seemed to recover well, he showed a helluva chin taking those shots from a guy like maidana. But walking forward with no footwork against a brawler was just a bad idea. If he was turning him it could have been a different story

And you never wanna lean back against a dude like Marcos or drop your hands as he was doing in the middle of his combos.
checkleft
But overall these are minor things. I've seen him work with roger before, maybe some more work with roger will benefit him since Floyd doesn't use him as much anymore. But his trainers are reputable guys, as a TEAM they just didn't prepared adequately for Marcos. Sometimes people forget that even tho there is only two people in the ring it is still a team sport.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 15 2013, 08:04 PM) *
The Mayweather's are not the end all be all when it comes to training. I know they are God to a lot of people on here. They could help him but not the only ones. He lost once and people pushing for a new trainer. The overreacting is reaching epic levels of failure

Even Floyd sr got his ass beat. SRL anyone. Did he need a new trainer. That's the beauty of the sport we love. On any given night somebody can catch that L, but as for Adrien, one loss doesn't set him back and require a change

Great points chi. You need to slow down bra your gonna post all your good shit before the year ends and fuck up "the year of the chi". And I ain't giving you none of my material so don't pm me taunt.gif
MAHDI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 16 2013, 03:01 AM) *
But overall these are minor things. I've seen him work with roger before, maybe some more work with roger will benefit him since Floyd doesn't use him as much anymore. But his trainers are reputable guys, as a TEAM they just didn't prepared adequately for Marcos. Sometimes people forget that even tho there is only two people in the ring it is still a team sport.

REPUTABLE trainers should make sure their fighters are prepared. I agree the mayweathers are not the be all and ends all relative to traininng, but since he is cool with them might as well take advantage of the relationship to help tighten his game. Stafford is said to be excellent, reputable, and respected. yet how was Maidana overlooked and broner unprepared for the biggest fight of his career and his most dangerous opponent?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.