Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name 3 fights you would like to see in 2014
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KOpower
ONLY provide reasonable fights and only list a fighter once. And remember, TR+GB=No Fight. For me......

1. Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto
-I don't know why I want to see this fight so much, but I do. Miguel always makes for a good fight and I am very interested to see if he can get to Martinez.

2. Sergey Kovalev vs Adonis Stevenson
-Fireworks. This would help us determine who the best Light Heavyweight in the world is.

3. Keith Thurman vs Danny Garcia
-Let's see what these guys have at 147. Garcia would be a big test for Thurman and Thurman would be a big test for Garcia.
Marcus
Broner Vs. Peterson ( I think this fight would be interesting)

Chaves Vs. Maidana Vs. Matthysse (any pair of fighters would be fireworks)

Garcia Vs. Ortiz - epic trash talk

I can't help myself lol

Khan Vs. Brook
Froch Grooves 2
I want ward to END the golovkin hype. This guy is on P4p lists and he hasnt beaten any top contenders. Well i guess macklin... sleep.gif
Charlo(either twin) Vs Trout
Garcia Vs Gamboa
Sanata Cruz Vs. Gonzalez Vs. Mares Vs. Velez (mix either of those fighters up)
Prov Marquez
Porter Berto
Thurman Malinaggi
I'd like to see more of Omar Figuerora
klonopinz
maidana vs thurman
guerrero vs porter
bradley vs pacman 2
danny vs paulie
stevenson v kovalev(god i hope this happens)
provodnikov vs rios
golovkin vs cotto/martinez winner
canelo vs lara
judah vs alexander
mathysse vs broner

edit: hopkins shumenov might be a decent scrap
AZWildCat

Ward vs ggg - battle of the "good boys" (lmao sorry I had to)

Kirkland vs Alvarez - foty candidate (period)

Maidana vs khan II (winner gets Floyd in Sept.) - say what you want it Will be fireworks all over again but for bigger rewards
Dolimite
Jermell Charlo vs. Trout

Porter vs. Thurman

Mayweather vs. Maidana

Khan vs. Ortiz

Wilder vs. Arreola

Rosado vs. Kirkland

Molina vs. Lare

Canelo vs. Jermall Charlo
mrchitown
We boxing fans here, we can't do just 3 laugh.gif

I'd like to see.....

Ward vs GGG

Ward vs Stevenson/Kovalev

Hopkins vs Froch

Broner vs Maidana 2

Santa Cruz vs Mares

Donaire vs Rigo 2

Rigo vs Lomanchenko

Kirkland in a title fight so he can either sink or swim

Hopkins vs Stevenson/Kovalev

Wilder vs Arreola or Tyson Fury or Derrick Chisora

Lara in a title fight

Khan vs Ortiz

Provodnikov vs Rios or JMM

Broner vs Thurman

Thurman vs Malinaggi

Thurman vs Maidana

Berto vs Judah

Judah vs Malinaggi

Maweather Jr vs Garcia

I have a shit load more but I'll leave it at that lol
JammyJam
Rigo vs Donaire II
Rigo vs Lomanchenko
Garcia vs Gamboa
Figueroa vs Abril
Crawford vs Burns
Gary Russell jr vs anyone with a pulse
More Karim Mayfield
Prov vs Rios
Prov vs PAC
PAC vs Marquez 5, 6, 7 (just kidding Bob)
PAC vs Bradley II
Berto vs Judah
Malignaggi vs Thurman
Maidana vs Matthysse
Maidana vs Broner II
Maidana vs Khan II
khan vs Ortiz
Rios vs Ortiz
Danny vs Broner
Danny vs Guerrero
Canelo vs Lara
Cotto vs Martinez
GGG vs Kid Chocolate
GGG vs Andre Ward
Andre Dirrell period.
Stevenson vs Kovalev
Shumenov vs Bhop
Bhop vs Stevenson/Kovalev
Wilder vs fury
Wilder vs Chisora

checkleft
You know what? I'm not gonna list any fights, with Danny going up maidana broner Thurman and porter looking good welterweight WILL have good matches this upcoming year. cotto martinez is close to being done, 154 is heating up light heavyweight is exciting and middle and super middle is interesting as well.

I don't think it will top this year but we have a Hell of a year for boxing coming up.
Gambit808
I want to see some big fights in the Heavyweight division. I know it's not to many big names over there like the lower weights, but I think it's time to mix up some of the names the division has already like Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury, Mike Perez, Chris Arreola, Brynt Jennings and make em well known. Time to stop pampering some of these guys records and have a damn Heavyweight Tournament or something, for a shot at The Klitchko's. I'm tired of these "Tyson era" fans talking down on boxing only because the Heavyweight division ain't where it use to be. 2013 rejuvenated the growth of boxing, now it's time for 2014 to focus on rejuvenating the big dogs and make fights happen.
xxxxxx
Mayweather-Maidana

Cotto-Martinez

Pacquiao-Bradley II

Hopkins-Shumenov

Kovalev-Stevenson vs Ward

W.Klitschko-Fury
pacco_diablo
Pretending that egos and promotional companies did not exist I would setup these 3 fights in this order:

1- Mayweather vs. Pac
Played out or dead idea to most. I for one still want to see it and it's going to happen, just hope that it isnt Jones vs. Hopkins II, late.

2- Wilder vs. Wlad
We need a bridge gaping fight. Something truly credible for Wilder to take the thrown. Not much time for this fight to happen either.

3- Martinez vs. Golovkin
The two best middle weights period.
Franchize
Let me start by saying Welterweight is LOADED with talent. I'm super excited to see 2014 as 2013 was an incredible year. Another thing. Some of you motherfuckers don't know how to count. Nikka said name THREE fights lol

For me it's

Thurman vs Guerrero- It's a step up in competition for Thurman but a very winnable fight. For Guerrero, it's a chance for him to pay forward the opportunity he got from Floyd. Fight a young, hungry bull with talent. Robert is going to keep coming and Thurman is going to let off fire.

Maidana vs Matthysse- my brawl fix for the year. While these guys are sluggers, I think they have more skill than given credit for. I'd love to see how this bout unfolds. Undoubtedly it will be action packed.

GGG vs Ward- I hate to say the "typical" fight but I wanna see if GGG is the real deal. People say Matthysse got exposed. I think Lucas has done more in boxing than GGG professionally (GGG has a fine amatuer resume). I wanna see what GGG is really made of.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Dec 16 2013, 01:09 PM) *
2- Wilder vs. Wlad
We need a bridge gaping fight. Something truly credible for Wilder to take the thrown. Not much time for this fight to happen either.

This fight also includes a Wilder funeral
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 16 2013, 02:07 PM) *
This fight also includes a Wilder funeral

No faith CShel. I'd like to see him out of all the heavyweights, be the one to lift the belt off one of the Klitschko's
Col Reb
1. Mayweather-Golovkin
2. Garcia-Broner
3. Pac-Marquez 5
mrchitown
Since the WBC HW belt is vacant now, I definitely am pushing Wilder vs Arreola or Stiverne near the top of my list
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 16 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Since the WBC HW belt is vacant now, I definitely am pushing Wilder vs Arreola or Stiverne near the top of my list

I'm pretty sure I heard wilder is in talks to make one of those fights happen. Stiverne is a straight roughneck.
Gambit808
Cotto-Martinez (Live at MSG)

Wilder-Fury

Rigondeux-Lomachenko

For Now...
xxxxxx
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 16 2013, 08:59 PM) *

I agree and the winner to face W.Klitschko for all 4 Belts.
mrchitown
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 17 2013, 03:43 PM) *
I agree and the winner to face W.Klitschko for all 4 Belts.

I'd love to see that, we may finally get some excitement out of the heavyweight division
klonopinz
wilder is truly fun as shit to watch. i love seeing him smash guys. his body looks like a comic book, its incredible, but as far as deep water is concerned, and technical skills, i see klitscho vs wilder being like hagler vs mugabi.
kej718
I know you said 3 but 2014 would be awesome if we got these fights:
Mayweather vs Khan wink.gif
Martinez vs Cotto thumbsup_anim.gif
Kovalev vs Stevenson yahoo.gif
Maidana vs Matthysse shok.gif
Provodnikov vs Rios smile_anim.gif
Ward vs Chavez Jr. secret.gif
Wilder vs Fury good.gif
Pacquiao vs Bradley 2 tongue.gif
Golovkin vs Kirkland yes2.gif
Garcia vs Gamboa
Alvarez vs Lara agree.gif
The Original MrFactor
Broner vs Marquez
Bradley vs Garcia
Provodnikov vs Thurman
Gambit808
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 19 2013, 02:03 AM) *
Broner vs Marquez
Bradley vs Garcia
Provodnikov vs Thurman

Eh, offtopic.gif why did u change your name from MrFactor to The Original? Been meaning to ask that out of curiosity for a minute now.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 19 2013, 02:17 AM) *
Eh, offtopic.gif why did u change your name from MrFactor to The Original? Been meaning to ask that out of curiosity for a minute now.

I think during one of the reboots of this site or changes in management, I was unable to log in under my old moniker. I think somebody grabbed the name, so I just wanted it to be clear that I am the one, the only, the Original MrFactor. One of the mods came back a few years ago and asked me if I wanted the drop, "The Original," and i said I didnt give a shit either way. You all know who I am.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.