Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prime Mayweather or Past Prime (current) vs Vernon Forrest
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

Who wins this fantasy match in your most logical and educated opinion.

I'm goin with Forrest UD Prime May/SD Current May
Plah
I think this matchup is the toughest for FMJ but don't forget that Forrest lost to Mayorga and Mora, of all people.
MAHDI
Took the words right out of my mouth. Lost to Mayorga twice... vernon would miss more punches that night than his previous fights combined... Floyd beats him
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 20 2013, 09:06 AM) *
Took the words right out of my mouth. Lost to Mayorga twice... vernon would miss more punches that night than his previous fights combined... Floyd beats him

Remember Forrest always had problems against awkward and wild styles. Floyd doesn't have a style but his own and is a multidiminesional "boxer", besides Vernon has always done well with boxers. Oscar ducked him, Trinidad, The first to beat prime Mosley.
MAHDI
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 20 2013, 07:19 PM) *
Remember Forrest always had problems against awkward and wild styles. Floyd doesn't have a style but his own and is a multidiminesional "boxer", besides Vernon has always done well with boxers. Oscar ducked him, Trinidad, The first to beat prime Mosley.

Forrest was hittable. Mosley could not evade the 1-2. Mayweather would employ movement that Forrest had never seen and Mayweather would be facing the most lethal straight right hand he had ever seen. I see Forrest missing more and landing less than mayweather in a chess match - Forrest was a good boxer as well

checkleft
Floyd UD
AZWildCat
Check left'd to death Floyd ud
AZWildCat
Check left'd to death Floyd ud
Cshel86
Not sure here...Forrest was a big WW with a great jab (when he used it).

I'm seeing a lot of Floyd winning by UD, which could be 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1, or a clean sweep. For all who voted UD, would those rounds won by Forrest be "ugly" rounds???
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 21 2013, 08:29 PM) *
Not sure here...Forrest was a big WW with a great jab (when he used it).

I'm seeing a lot of Floyd winning by UD, which could be 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1, or a clean sweep. For all who voted UD, would those rounds won by Forrest be "ugly" rounds???

Really I feel the whole fight being ugly on both sides. I just see Floyd getting the best of the exchanges. Vernon reach would keep Floyd in extreme counter mode all night imo
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Dec 22 2013, 01:06 PM) *
Really I feel the whole fight being ugly on both sides. I just see Floyd getting the best of the exchanges. Vernon reach would keep Floyd in extreme counter mode all night imo

This fight would be ALL about Floyd's movement, because strength and power from Floyd, wouldn't bother Forrest. If we wanna make it more interesting, Floyd's speed and ability to place his punches accurately (which usually leads to a KO), would play a big part, because if Shane couldn't hurt him, then surely Floyd wont.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 22 2013, 11:31 PM) *
This fight would be ALL about Floyd's movement, because strength and power from Floyd, wouldn't bother Forrest. If we wanna make it more interesting, Floyd's speed and ability to place his punches accurately (which usually leads to a KO), would play a big part, because if Shane couldn't hurt him, then surely Floyd wont.

I don't think speed would be to much of a factor either ..ring I.q. would be the key to this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.