Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Andre Ward Read/What should Ward do next
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
devdog85
Hey All

New here been coming here for a while great website especially the exclusive coverage I found this interesting read on Andre Ward talks about his life before becoming a boxer some of the stuff I already knew but some I did not never knew his father never giving him much of a shot in the sport and how Virgil basically said give him a shot

SOURCE: http://www.theshadowleague.com/articles/an...life-of-purpose

Also guys what are your thoughts on Ward's next opponent should he rematch Froch or move up to 175 assuming Golovkin (the fight we want to see) does not move up
Marcus
QUOTE (devdog85 @ Dec 20 2013, 05:18 PM) *
Hey All

New here been coming here for a while great website especially the exclusive coverage I found this interesting read on Andre Ward talks about his life before becoming a boxer some of the stuff I already knew but some I did not never knew his father never giving him much of a shot in the sport and how Virgil basically said give him a shot

SOURCE: http://www.theshadowleague.com/articles/an...life-of-purpose

Also guys what are your thoughts on Ward's next opponent should he rematch Froch or move up to 175 assuming Golovkin (the fight we want to see) does not move up

If he Can secure Froch/Golovkin before moving up, i say Ward goes for it because he deserves those potential big paydays. I also think Froch is ripe for the picking. I think if they rematch Ward would KO him and that would propel his career. However if he cant secure the big money fight at 168 w/chavez, golovkin, or froch, than he might as well move up. 168 is a dying division. A smart move for him wouldve been to move up and go after Shumenov. Thats the most winnable title fight in which he couldve made himself more powerful as far as negotiations and marketability goes in a foreign division (kinda like Broner did with Paulie). Unfortunately for him Shumenov is with GBP/Showtime anyway.
devdog85
QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 20 2013, 05:38 PM) *
If he Can secure Froch/Golovkin before moving up, i say Ward goes for it because he deserves those potential big paydays. I also think Froch is ripe for the picking. I think if they rematch Ward would KO him and that would propel his career. However if he cant secure the big money fight at 168 w/chavez, golovkin, or froch, than he might as well move up. 168 is a dying division. A smart move for him wouldve been to move up and go after Shumenov. Thats the most winnable title fight in which he couldve made himself more powerful as far as negotiations and marketability goes in a foreign division (kinda like Broner did with Paulie). Unfortunately for him Shumenov is with GBP/Showtime anyway.

Yea I agree with that Froch is looking real beatable right now I'm thinking he can make a decent purse too he should really consider the MGM grand too if he can I definitely would not be mad if he went after Chavez guy does deserve some ppv love and a bigger purse but I'm thinking hes trying to move on to Top Rank now since he has a little legal battle with Goosen Tutor

Here is part two guys:
http://www.theshadowleague.com/articles/an...-purpose-part-2
mrchitown
Go for Froch, then beat the hell out of Chavez Jr or Golovkin...who ever wants to get served but I'd like to see him end Froch
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 20 2013, 10:40 PM) *
Go for Froch, then beat the hell out of Chavez Jr or Golovkin...who ever wants to get served but I'd like to see him end Froch

I'd say go straight for Chavez Jr., instead of fighting Froch again...unless they fight in the UK. I don't see what that fight (Froch) would do for Ward, honestly. It would be up to Chavez (read: Top Rank) to build Julio up to the public, and kinda sliiiiide Ward in there.

Maybe Ward needs to fight somebody (maybe Froch, lol) in March (when Chavez fights Vera again), and we can see what happens (promotion wise) from there. I'm thinking that Ward/Chavez could do some damage at the Staples Center...maybe that's a tall order, since most are never able to sell out the Staple's Center.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 21 2013, 07:41 PM) *
I'd say go straight for Chavez Jr., instead of fighting Froch again...unless they fight in the UK. I don't see what that fight (Froch) would do for Ward, honestly. It would be up to Chavez (read: Top Rank) to build Julio up to the public, and kinda sliiiiide Ward in there.

Maybe Ward needs to fight somebody (maybe Froch, lol) in March (when Chavez fights Vera again), and we can see what happens (promotion wise) from there. I'm thinking that Ward/Chavez could do some damage at the Staples Center...maybe that's a tall order, since most are never able to sell out the Staple's Center.

this
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 21 2013, 06:41 PM) *

It is more money if he went at Chavez Jr,but I know he's fighting Vera again and with his lack of dedication to his craft a win over him is starting to deteriorate. Maybe he can dust Froch again and sets up a late summer/early fall showdown with Chavez Jr

But I read something a few weeks back, he's trying to get out of his deal with Goosen again. We don't know if this is going to affect his activity in the ring. I'm hoping not, he can't afford any more layoffs
checkleft
Funny thing is froch also wants chavez Jr and he said he only wants to fight in mgm or something like that...
devdog85
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 23 2013, 07:59 PM) *
Funny thing is froch also wants chavez Jr and he said he only wants to fight in mgm or something like that...

Can you guys see him fighting Groves or Chavez Jr. if you had to pick
Dolimite
First thing is first, he needs to leave J Prince and HBO. HBO does not promote his style of fighting at all. He also should move from Oakland and move to Vegas. This way he can get his brand out. He can sign to Haymon or be a free agent. If he fights Chavez it will be a big money maker and he can get some exposure. I know B Hop said that he would not fight Ward but come, money talks in this game. If he fights Chavez Jr. and B Hop he can become a house hold name. Also, I am not sure how long the contract he has for HBO but if I am Ward I am demanding a GGG fight before I leave. They can meet at a 165 catchweight or GGG can even go up to 168. I think 3 big fights in a row can get Ward the money and the shine he deserves. Fighting Froch again does nothing for him. Froch is out of his league.
checkleft
QUOTE (devdog85 @ Jan 28 2014, 11:22 AM) *

From what i know ward is the only one interested in groves ever since he saw him against froch. And yesterday I read an interview where he basically called ggg a pussy... But in a mannered way
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 28 2014, 12:07 PM) *
From what i know ward is the only one interested in groves ever since he saw him against froch. And yesterday I read an interview where he basically called ggg a pussy... But in a mannered way

He wasn't lying, Gennady is skating by and no fan or media member is calling him out on his bullshit. But Ward played himself when he called Chavez Jr a weal link and he was praising Chavez JR a a a great fighter a month earlier
Hotsauce
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 28 2014, 04:42 PM) *
He wasn't lying, Gennady is skating by and no fan or media member is calling him out on his bullshit. But Ward played himself when he called Chavez Jr a weal link and he was praising Chavez JR a a a great fighter a month earlier

ggg is supposed to be the "boogeyman".
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (devdog85 @ Jan 28 2014, 09:22 AM) *

It'll have to be Groves at this point because Jr has his hands full with Froch, I'd prefer to see him put in on Chavez (I just don't like the kid at all) but I'll settle for a 3G bout ASS-uming that Golo doesn't find a decent dance partner at MW.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 28 2014, 06:44 PM) *
ggg is supposed to be the "boogeyman".

But he's not and they'll find that out soon enough. Seems like when one monster falls another is right there to replace him
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 28 2014, 10:36 AM) *
First thing is first, he needs to leave J Prince and HBO. HBO does not promote his style of fighting at all. He also should move from Oakland and move to Vegas. This way he can get his brand out. He can sign to Haymon or be a free agent. If he fights Chavez it will be a big money maker and he can get some exposure. I know B Hop said that he would not fight Ward but come, money talks in this game. If he fights Chavez Jr. and B Hop he can become a house hold name. Also, I am not sure how long the contract he has for HBO but if I am Ward I am demanding a GGG fight before I leave. They can meet at a 165 catchweight or GGG can even go up to 168. I think 3 big fights in a row can get Ward the money and the shine he deserves. Fighting Froch again does nothing for him. Froch is out of his league.

THIS...and B Hop and Ward aren't going to fight...ever.
Franchize
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 29 2014, 11:18 AM) *
But he's not and they'll find that out soon enough. Seems like when one monster falls another is right there to replace him
"Oh so that's where the bandwagon went"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.