Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: End Of An Era: Vitale Klitshko Steps Back From Boxing
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
So it's the end of the Klitchko Brothers reign as both being heavyweight champions...for now atlease. While Wladimir will certainly be gunning for that undisputed title (first since Lennox), it looks like Dr. Ironfist is stepping back from boxing for politics. Reigning for almost 10 years with his record standing at 45 wins, 2 losses, 41 KO's, if Manuel Charr is the last opponent we see him face, where does he rank among the great heavyweights? Is he in your top 10, top 20 and does his accomplishments in his career rank above his brothers at this point?
mrchitown
Well all we need is the other one to go and we'll be in business lol. They bore me to death but I will admit that they get a bit too mich flak from the fans. I believe and hope that they will both be more appreciated when they retire and the public has had some time to soak in what they witnessed in the careers of these 2 champions....but still, I want them both to retire lol
Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 21 2013, 01:45 AM) *
Well all we need is the other one to go and we'll be in business lol. They bore me to death but I will admit that they get a bit too mich flak from the fans. I believe and hope that they will both be more appreciated when they retire and the public has had some time to soak in what they witnessed in the careers of these 2 champions....but still, I want them both to retire lol

Lol I can't front though, part of the reason can be blaimed on the post Lewis-Tyson era of opposition. Can u imagine how the Heavyweight scene would look without the Klitschko's up until now?
Col Reb
I honestly think Vitali is the better of the two. He didn't have those brutal KOs on his record and was dominant in the majority of his fights. I don't really even feel like he "lost" the two fights that put Ls on his record. While he might not have been as fluid to watch, he took care of business, had heart, and I think would have won if the two had fought.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 21 2013, 01:06 AM) *
Lol I can't front though, part of the reason can be blaimed on the post Lewis-Tyson era of opposition. Can u imagine how the Heavyweight scene would look without the Klitschko's up until now?

I know what you mean, it would be worse then it is now. That's why I said I hope they both get the true credit they deserve when they retire because they are a bit of an eye sore to watch but they are 2 great champions

I don't have either in my top 10 HW's of all time..I can see them being top 20 or top 15
Plah
Vitali is top 10 IMO.
Cshel86
As much as I wanted one (or both) of them to leave the sport, I'm not sure what to make of this...it happened suddenly...I guess. Lol

The HW scene still looks frail though...hope it shapes up soon.
klonopinz
always liked vitali, he beat the ass of guys his brother lost too. im glad hes goen now though because it shakes things up a bit. vlad is a sore to me as well, that restling match with povetkin and that shitfest with haye, that was a pain to watch.
mitukczuk
I have been a fan of Vitali ever since he landed his first right hand against Lewis. Tremendous amount of power, granite chin, strong jab, size...and one thing I admire the most - he and his brother were always in SHAPE. Which is very uncommon in the HW division nowadays.

Boring or not, I enjoyed (and still enjoying) the champion run of the Klitschkos. It's a great feat for two brothers to rule the HW division like they did.

I hope his political career will thrive.
xxxxxx
Solid and consistent. Very productive career and 1st ballot Hall of Fame. I would rank him top 25 Heavyweights of the last 100+ years.

I would put Wladamir in the same Ranking with upside of top 15 with the right opponents.
BoxingEinstein

Not too keen on either but dominance and consistency is part of Vit's legacy. He cleared out the main threats in the division while his brother was getting a pasting by Sanders. I do admit I will miss the hope and the fact that there will be no other heavyweights that can dethrone him. I mean their only threat was a guy who was a cruiserweight and I still believe they both get drilled in the golden heavyweight era but could trouble most of the greats because of reach or height.

Good riddance, now hopefully Wlad gets sparked soon (I know wishful thinking with the guys that's in the division).
Hotsauce
I think both brothers would have competed in the golden era, its just they fought in a weak era
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.