Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who showed the best chin of the year?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

To make it more interesting, Danny Garcia will not be included in the list of pics.

Factors: Punch resistance throughout fight
Opposition punching potency
Weight advantages or height advantages
Level of competition
Gambit808
Broner/Bradley as my most notables
checkleft
The desert storm and as always cris arreola
Jovi2016
This is for showing the best chin and I'm seeing 2 people who possible have gotten brain damage from the way they were punched .

Best chin
1-That asian dude who fought Omar figueroa..Now thats a chin
2- Keith Thurman <---- Chin and Heart to the max
3- Hopkins

Worst chin
Berto
Broner
Bradley
Aware
QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Dec 29 2013, 03:32 AM) *
This is for showing the best chin and I'm seeing 2 people who possible have gotten brain damage from the way they were punched .

Best chin
1-That asian dude who fought Omar figueroa..Now thats a chin
2- Keith Thurman <---- Chin and Heart to the max
3- Hopkins

Worst chin
Berto
Broner
Bradley

I disagree with Broner and Bradley. There were way worse: Abner Mares, Curtis Stevens, Amir Khan, Chad Dawson, Lamont Peterson, Andre Berto (is a solid pick). To name a few... Danny Garcia showed the best chin this year.
The Original MrFactor
Bradley has the chin of the year, maybe of the decade.
Close second was Thurman.
Danny Garcia has to be up there too.
mgrover
I don't get how Bradley gets chin of the year? He was constantly being hurt against Prod?
klonopinz
because he survived, anyone else would have been knocked out cold. he was out on his feet still fighting. he on the fight concussed. thats amazing. pacquiao cracked him good many times as well in the 1st 6 rounds, but he survived to keep fighting and eventually win the fight. thats a beard
Plah
Tim
Franchize
Magomed Abdusalamov...hands down.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 29 2013, 03:11 AM) *
I disagree with Broner and Bradley. There were way worse: Abner Mares, Curtis Stevens, Amir Khan, Chad Dawson, Lamont Peterson, Andre Berto (is a solid pick). To name a few... Danny Garcia showed the best chin this year.

I disagree with Peterson being in the worst category. He took shots drom Ortiz who outweighed him by 10+ pounds when they fought, took his best shots and rallied back for a draw. Wondering why there was no rematch, it was a real good fight.

I pick Froch or Donaire.
BrutUalBK
Bradley showed the best chins, he took everything that Provo and JMM dished out and still came out the winner and standing. Hopkins took some pretty good shots too but we already knew he had a beard. Garcia took LM's best shots and still stood too so you gotta give him credit.

Berto showed that he is softer than dirt so he left me with the least impressive man out of the group we're discussing.
Aware
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 29 2013, 11:51 PM) *
I disagree with Peterson being in the worst category. He took shots drom Ortiz who outweighed him by 10+ pounds when they fought, took his best shots and rallied back for a draw. Wondering why there was no rematch, it was a real good fight.

I pick Froch or Donaire.

You'd be right if we were talking about 2010. This thread is for 2013. Danny Garcia took some big shots from Matthysse and Lamont couldn't handle them. Therefore, I think the pick is justified this year.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 30 2013, 02:09 PM) *
You'd be right if we were talking about 2010. This thread is for 2013. Danny Garcia took some big shots from Matthysse and Lamont couldn't handle them. Therefore, I think the pick is justified this year.

Who hits harder, Provo or Matthyse??
mgrover
I dunno why everybody think Peterson has an amazing chin? He was put down by Khan. So no real surprise that Matt put him down
daprofessor
Matthysse was supposed to be the terminator and Danny ate his best shot. We can act like that didn't happen but it did. No one else came close to dealing with anything remotely close to that.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 30 2013, 08:34 PM) *
I dunno why everybody think Peterson has an amazing chin? He was put down by Khan. So no real surprise that Matt put him down

Ohhhh...you're talking about when their legs tangled up and Khan used his elbow to nudge him? That knockdown? Best post of the New Year, thus far. Lol
ryustuh
1. bradley
2. arikawa
3. ruslan
AZWildCat
Swift...no shortcuts
sduck
Too hard to tell.
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 4 2014, 09:31 AM) *
Swift...no shortcuts

I approve this post
larock0316
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 29 2013, 03:11 AM) *

Bullshit. Danny Garcia is tough but Bradley hands down proved to have the hardest chin. Provon was landing bomb after bomb. He would have knocked out 98% of boxers wit those punches. Why u think he is one name u hardly hear come out of any boxers mouth when talking bout future fights
beenKOed
QUOTE (sduck @ Jan 4 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Too hard to tell.

Not hard at all, sir. Danny Garcia showed the best chin of the year, it was a real surprise to see him taking and walking through Matthysse's punches. The kid has a monster chin, in my opinion.
beenKOed
QUOTE (larock0316 @ Jan 6 2014, 04:01 PM) *
Bullshit. Danny Garcia is tough but Bradley hands down proved to have the hardest chin. Provon was landing bomb after bomb. He would have knocked out 98% of boxers wit those punches. Why u think he is one name u hardly hear come out of any boxers mouth when talking bout future fights

I can't agree with you. Bradley showed plenty of heart against Provodnikov but those punches were hurting him bad. Garcia was taking everything Matthysse had to offer and they didn't phase him. Pretty damn impressive. If you want to talk about heart, then Bradley's name would be very high on my list.
Aware
QUOTE (larock0316 @ Jan 6 2014, 08:01 PM) *

Haha calm down bro! If you read my post correctly you would have noticed I disagreed with Jovi2016 who had Bradley in the "worst" chin category.
checkleft
QUOTE (beenKOed @ Jan 13 2014, 11:50 PM) *
Not hard at all, sir. Danny Garcia showed the best chin of the year, it was a real surprise to see him taking and walking through Matthysse's punches. The kid has a monster chin, in my opinion.

At what point did Danny walk through matthysses punches?? Lol he was moving the whole fight. The one time he got hit real clean his mouth piece was in the first row and the ref helped him out calling for time immediately. He put on a good show but let's not get carried away
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.