Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heavyweight andy ruiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ryustuh
anyone know the deal on heavyweight andy ruiz? saw him for the first time on the PAC-RIOS undercard. looked like he was getting tagged quite a bit before unleashing some hellacious body shots on tor hamer. not too much footage of him elsewhere, but according to RJJ, he's the next up and coming HW and a viable threat to the klitschko reign...
checkleft
In my opinion its to early to tell.
mrchitown
He's good, people don't think he'll go anywhere because he doesn't have the typical HW body but I'd take him over a Arreola and a few others right now in a fight. His only issue is he's with TR. Can Arum line up the fights for him to move up in the rankings? We'll see. But Ruiz is good, he just needs to keep stepping his competition level up
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 4 2014, 04:42 PM) *
He's good, people don't think he'll go anywhere because he doesn't have the typical HW body but I'd take him over a Arreola and a few others right now in a fight. His only issue is he's with TR. Can Arum line up the fights for him to move up in the rankings? We'll see. But Ruiz is good, he just needs to keep stepping his competition level up

Is that the guy who is Cuban but fights out of Ireland?
checkleft
Wait I thought we were talking about that Mexican olympian
Cshel86
I'm getting an ulcer just reading the name "Ruiz"...

no2.gif
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 4 2014, 07:17 PM) *
I'm getting an ulcer just reading the name "Ruiz"...

no2.gif

laugh.gif
ryustuh
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 4 2014, 07:15 PM) *
Wait I thought we were talking about that Mexican olympian

yea i was referring to the mexican olympian. according to the very few articles i've read on him, he's got good head movement and foot work for a heavyweight, both of which were pretty much absent from the tor hamer fight i saw. but he did throw some solid combos, and made hamer quit essentially after the single round that he was aggressive and landing some shots.

sduck
That was my first time seeing him fight, and I was most impressed with that chin, he ate some really hard shots and brushed them off like they were nothing. I don't see him being a threat to the Klitschkos, but he definitely may give someone like Stiverne some trouble.
daprofessor
Ruiz is the real deal. I've been watching him since the amateurs. He's better than what he showed in his last fight. I didn't see his new trainer in his corner so I'm not sure what's going on with him. Don't be fooled by his size/shape. He's got nice hand speed and decent defense.

Mike Perez is the Cuban living in Ireland. He's a beast.
The Original MrFactor
His appearance is very deceiving. Chris Arreola looks like Evander Holyfield standing next to Andy Ruiz. Ruiz looks just like Gabriel Iglesias(the Comedian). He fights like Chris Byrd with more pop to his punches. Solid boxing skills. Some power. If he would slim down, I'm afraid he'd be a cruiser weight kingpin. He does get hit a bit, but i think its due to his extra size. I think he's another guy thats to small to beat a Klit. However, he may beat the likes of Arreola, Mansour, Adamek, Stiverne and others because he can outbox and out fight them all. Very entertaining fighter, I'd like to see him in that mix...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.