Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGG and JCC jr.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
AZWildCat
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...-ko-vera--73715

Not saying he will not saying he wont but all I feel he needs to win "this" fight is be in tip top shape like he was for Andy Lee and he's got a dub...
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 15 2014, 05:15 PM) *
It's expensive dancing, something you aint't never gon know anything about. Versace Versace Versace lmao

I guess not! especially the kind he wears. that is hood Versace.
ryustuh
now that jcc is set for the rematch with vera and already talking about a potential match-up with froch afterwards assuming he gets passed vera, where's this leave gennady? could he make a fight with kirkland?
checkleft
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 17 2014, 04:51 PM) *
now that jcc is set for the rematch with vera and already talking about a potential match-up with froch afterwards assuming he gets passed vera, where's this leave gennady? could he make a fight with kirkland?

Kirkland to small. And has negative chin
The Original MrFactor
Fighting Kirkland would be a step down for the best guy at 160. It would be Curtis Stevens all over again, accept Kirkland is smaller. Theres enough guys at 160. Quillen, Sturm and Geale, pick one... Stop trying to pick on midgets...
mrchitown
Unfortunately HBO is trying to push for a Kirkland_Golovkin fight
ryustuh
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 17 2014, 09:36 PM) *
Unfortunately HBO is trying to push for a Kirkland_Golovkin fight

definitely unfair given kirkland's size, but i still think this fight would be exciting given james' style and tenacity. he might be smaller, but he's got a puncher's chance to test GGG's chin. i have confidence in ann wolfe that she'll bring out the absolute best james kirkland if this fight is made. if anything, we will see bombs traded most likely leading up to a KO or stoppage in the early rounds.
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 17 2014, 09:37 PM) *
definitely unfair given kirkland's size, but i still think this fight would be exciting given james' style and tenacity. he might be smaller, but he's got a puncher's chance to test GGG's chin. i have confidence in ann wolfe that she'll bring out the absolute best james kirkland if this fight is made. if anything, we will see bombs traded most likely leading up to a KO or stoppage in the early rounds.

A well conditioned James Kirkland is danger for anyone. I think Golovkin will beat him but I won't completely count Kirkland out because he has Wolfe in his corner and she knows how to prepare him. But HBO is clearly trying to lead Kirkland to slaughter, they just want to keep building Golovkin towards Ward, Froch, Chavez Jr
checkleft
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 17 2014, 11:37 PM) *

Kirks a big puncher at 154. 160 is to big for him, the guy isn't very big as it is at 154 going up to 160 would be suicide for him unless he fought someone with a glass chin...
ryustuh
why is HBO not televising GGG's next fight or is this just an unconfirmed rumor?
checkleft
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 06:49 PM) *
why is HBO not televising GGG's next fight or is this just an unconfirmed rumor?

Because even by their standards he is fighting a complete no hoper.

Quick question, why doesn't he fight rubio?? Hes always crying about people ducking him rubio is always saying the same.. sounds like a match kade in heaven. Maybe after they fight they can go to dinner and see where things lead
Cshel86
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 05:49 PM) *

Glad its not gonna be aired! Some of these fights just dont need to surface premium television.
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 21 2014, 03:41 PM) *
Because even by their standards he is fighting a complete no hoper.

Quick question, why doesn't he fight rubio?? Hes always crying about people ducking him rubio is always saying the same.. sounds like a match kade in heaven. Maybe after they fight they can go to dinner and see where things lead

Exactky, why show a three round fight?
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 04:49 PM) *

Why should they? That's like when he fought Ishida, don't nobody wanna see that. The fight he has coming up isn't must see TV
ryustuh
just seems backwards to me that they'd spend money and time hyping this guy up just to not air him. i'd think hbo would rather show a BS fight to the common sports fan who doesn't know shit about boxing to back up the marketing they did on the dude rather than try and brush him under the carpet. plus how many other standouts does hbo have on its roster?
checkleft
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 11:47 PM) *
just seems backwards to me that they'd spend money and time hyping this guy up just to not air him. i'd think hbo would rather show a BS fight to the common sports fan who doesn't know shit about boxing to back up the marketing they did on the dude rather than try and brush him under the carpet. plus how many other standouts does hbo have on its roster?

Hbo does that a lot
BoxingEinstein

Chavez jr just might surprise some people and most of the GGG fan club legion. Jr. must be serious and in the best shape of his life. With that said, GGG SD win in a FOTY war in which both gets knocked down or just GGG.

SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 8 2014, 11:35 AM) *
jus saw the articles on GGG. glad he's getting some real time interviews and exposure on the site. i think making the fight with JCC would be a wise move. it would further establish GGG's name in the division (even though JCC's performances have been lackluster as of late), set GGG up for bigger matches (serg, ward) in the future, and in my opinion, is an easier fight for him than some of his previous opponents like rosado.

bad news for JCC if he takes the bait and signs something. his conditioning/activity output looked piss poor against vera and serg. sure he has a great chin, but i don't think he's ever felt raw brute power like GGG's. i think gennady would go to the body early and actually end up stopping JCC within 7-8. given JCC's horrible work ethic recently, i don't have much faith that he'll be any better coming into this fight if he takes it. senior must be so pissed...

thoughts?

I really dont like JCCjr.... he is the biggest hype out there... sure he can absorb punches from non-full fledged punchers.... but that's it plus he just doesn't take boxing seriously... any how I think GGG would break down JCCjr with mostly body shots... I think we will see JCCjr go down. GGG tko/ko
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.