Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Robert Guererro Trying To Jump Ship
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Gambit808
What's up with this guy? Here he is in the most stacked promotional company today, he bails on a Thurman fight, he fought his last 3 fights as a headliner with his last being the most lucrative of his career and now he's looking to jump ship for a fight with Manny Pacquiao? Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting match up to say the least but my question is, if Arum is such a burden to most fans and this sports top 2 earners of all time in De La Hoya and Mayweather, then why do these guys still show interest in signing/dealing with him? The Pacquiao's, the Bradley's, the Cotto's, Marquez and now Guererro? I mean the old man must be doing something right to still have that sort of interest with these caliber fighters.

In my opinion, it seems like this dude feels as though he's in that echelon after the Mayweather scrap and won't settle for less than the big names, but GBP has a lot more of those on the come up than TR so I don't know, it boggles the mind a bit reading this up on the front page.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15909.html

Thoughts?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 9 2014, 07:54 AM) *
What's up with this guy? Here he is in the most stacked promotional company today, he bails on a Thurman fight, he fought his last 3 fights as a headliner with his last being the most lucrative of his career and now he's looking to jump ship for a fight with Manny Pacquiao? Don't get me wrong, it's an interesting match up to say the least but my question is, if Arum is such a burden to most fans and this sports top 2 earners of all time in De La Hoya and Mayweather, then why do these guys still show interest in signing/dealing with him? The Pacquiao's, the Bradley's, the Cotto's, Marquez and now Guererro? I mean the old man must be doing something right to still have that sort of interest with these caliber fighters.

In my opinion, it seems like this dude feels as though he's in that echelon after the Mayweather scrap and won't settle for less than the big names, but GBP has a lot more of those on the come up than TR so I don't know, it boggles the mind a bit reading this up on the front page.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15909.html

Thoughts?

All I can say is bye MFer....I can't stand dude. He knows he ass, he talked his way into a fight with someone who everyone knew was better then him and then he turned down a fight with Thurman. Probably knew he had one coming, I doubt he;d even fight Broner coming off a loss. For some reason he thinks he's in the upper echelon of the sport despite not being as good as he's advertising himself to be

As far as Arum, the greats say it best, either you #1 or you ain't shit. GB and Schaefer are the top dogs in the game. Who gives a shit about being #2? Notice Vargas jumped ship after some shitty performances, notice Marquez jumped soon after he got sparked by Mayweather. Or how about the fact that Bradley is managed by Cameron Dunkin who takes 99% of his fighters to TR. Cotto doesn't count because he was already promoted by Arum and now he's a free agent. If Arum was so good, why didn't he stay and sign and extension with him? Don't get me wrong about GB and Schaefer, they full of shit too but they got the heavy hitters in the sport. Me personally, why would I sign with #2 and they don't have any real live bodies for me to fight.

The big boys play across the street but it's very telling that those playing with the big boys jump ship when they lose

I say let him go, Schaefer knows how to build a fighter up and now Porter is coming into his own, they don't need a self-righteous asshole filling up space on their roster. He will go the route of Jessie Vargas. Vargas thought he was going to move into the big time when he left Mayweather promotions and how many times have we seen or heard from him
Cshel86
Fuck him...he begged his way into the biggest fight of his career, and barely sneezed on the motherfucker for 12 rounds. Period. Does anybody see where this is going???

1. Roach juuuust mentioned something about Manny possibly fighting a GBP fighter, and guess what's happening???
2. Guerrero gets out of his contract to fight Manny, which I don't believe will happen by April, but at least by the end of this year.
3. If he is out before April, then he'll fight a can-kicker on Pac's undercard, THEN fight him on his next card.
4. Doesn't this remind you of the Bradley situation a bit??? laugh.gif
5. By the end of the year, Manny fights Guerrero
6. The public will praise this fight, though they shit on Floyd for picking Guerrero
7. The day after the fight, the "Manny beat (insert Floyd's leftover's here) better than Floyd did".
8. In come the "race to Mayweather/Pac" fight
9. It STILL never happens...
10. Repeat the process

I can't blame Guerrero for going after money fights, but don't be SUCH a cunt while doing so...

Am I asking for too much here???
ryustuh
i've met and chatted with guererro in gilroy and he seems like a pretty nice honest guy up front. can't say the same about his punk dad. but yea, seems like he's wasting some prime opportunities to make some big (and win-able fights). also don't like the way he flaunts his sick wife in front of the camera every chance he gets. tell the story once and move on.

i think cshel has it right though...the fight with pac has a good chance of being made down the line. guererro's just trying to be sly and angle his way around things a bit. i'd be a little bit scared for manny if this fight were made because it seems like he doesn't really know how to guard himself in the clinch - this was the only time rios was able to find some success, and manny was getting tagged with dirty boxing tactics. all he did was turn to the ref and complain. robert's rough-and-tumble antics may give pac some trouble if he's able to get in that close...
ryustuh
forgot to mention...also CANT STAND the over the top christian references (no offence to those who are religious), but damn. robert should stop referring to himself as the holy ghost by printing the verse everywhere we can see it, he's not even a "normal" ghost in the ring so i don't know where he got that nickname.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 07:00 AM) *
All I can say is bye MFer....I can't stand dude. He knows he ass, he talked his way into a fight with someone who everyone knew was better then him and then he turned down a fight with Thurman. Probably knew he had one coming, I doubt he;d even fight Broner coming off a loss. For some reason he thinks he's in the upper echelon of the sport despite not being as good as he's advertising himself to be

As far as Arum, the greats say it best, either you #1 or you ain't shit. GB and Schaefer are the top dogs in the game. Who gives a shit about being #2? Notice Vargas jumped ship after some shitty performances, notice Marquez jumped soon after he got sparked by Mayweather. Or how about the fact that Bradley is managed by Cameron Dunkin who takes 99% of his fighters to TR. Cotto doesn't count because he was already promoted by Arum and now he's a free agent. If Arum was so good, why didn't he stay and sign and extension with him? Don't get me wrong about GB and Schaefer, they full of shit too but they got the heavy hitters in the sport. Me personally, why would I sign with #2 and they don't have any real live bodies for me to fight.

The big boys play across the street but it's very telling that those playing with the big boys jump ship when they lose

I say let him go, Schaefer knows how to build a fighter up and now Porter is coming into his own, they don't need a self-righteous asshole filling up space on their roster. He will go the route of Jessie Vargas. Vargas thought he was going to move into the big time when he left Mayweather promotions and how many times have we seen or heard from him

Guerrero is made because his pastor was wrong about how the Mayweather fight went. Dude got his ass kicked now he wants to take his ball and go play somewhere else. He should of fought Thurman but that would be 2 Ls in a row, his career can't afford that. The lights and the lost is fucking with his head... see Ortiz, dude thinks he is bigger than the sport, fucking pre Madonnas are rampet in the sport of boxing. If he thinks Rob Arum has his best interest, then he is a dumb ass.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2014, 07:50 AM) *
Fuck him...he begged his way into the biggest fight of his career, and barely sneezed on the motherfucker for 12 rounds. Period. Does anybody see where this is going???

1. Roach juuuust mentioned something about Manny possibly fighting a GBP fighter, and guess what's happening???
2. Guerrero gets out of his contract to fight Manny, which I don't believe will happen by April, but at least by the end of this year.
3. If he is out before April, then he'll fight a can-kicker on Pac's undercard, THEN fight him on his next card.
6. The public will praise this fight, though they shit on Floyd for picking Guerrero
7. The day after the fight, the "Manny beat (insert Floyd's leftover's here) better than Floyd did".
10. Repeat the process

I can't blame Guerrero for going after money fights, but don't be SUCH a cunt while doing so...

Let Pac knock this fool into reality. Here is what is interesting: Arum is telling Robert to leave GB to get a fight with Pac, and no one says that Pac is making excuses and unreasonable demands on Guerrero. Isn't this the same thing Mayweather has been saying? Leave TR and I will fight you, but yet, everyone is calling Floyd a coward? I hate the double standard. Irony is what I like to call it...

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 9 2014, 08:31 AM) *
forgot to mention...also CANT STAND the over the top christian references (no offence to those who are religious), but damn. robert should stop referring to himself as the holy ghost by printing the verse everywhere we can see it, he's not even a "normal" ghost in the ring so i don't know where he got that nickname.

By calling himself the Holy Ghost, he is actually calling himself God (this is what the devil supposedly got kicked out of heaven for) and that is a no no among Christians. It is blasphemy to a degree.
DigitalBoom
People clearly don't bother to read...he feels he was entitled to more money which he would've gotten had he not had to give up his "promotional rights"..he was the mandatory challenger and according to him Richard Schaeffer forced them to sign an extension and give up his promotional rights to the bout...meaning he did interviews and GBP got a cut of those paid interviews he did as well as a cut of his bout payment. I highly doubt he wants to leave GBP, I doubt he wants to join Top Rank and I doubt they would consider him for a Pacquaio bout. If ya'll read further he's mad because they had an agreement and when they made him an offer for his next fight which the only option they gave him was thurman he felt they were trying to underpay him for that fight too. If you guys were saying Victor Ortiz it would make much more sense since his contract is up soon..he didn't have a disability clause that stopped the clock on his contract. They said the last 5 opponents..
Jovi2016
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2014, 10:50 AM) *

10. Repeat the process

PREACH! Guerrero and TR look like douches if the fight does get made. Explained the process and everything, *shrugs* well boxing is a business. THE NERVE OF GUERRERO! This guy has done absolute shit since he got smashed on by Mayweather and now he wants Pacquiao?! Dude is just chasing the money at this point
mrchitown
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 9 2014, 02:47 PM) *
People clearly don't bother to read...he feels he was entitled to more money which he would've gotten had he not had to give up his "promotional rights"..he was the mandatory challenger and according to him Richard Schaeffer forced them to sign an extension and give up his promotional rights to the bout...meaning he did interviews and GBP got a cut of those paid interviews he did as well as a cut of his bout payment. I highly doubt he wants to leave GBP, I doubt he wants to join Top Rank and I doubt they would consider him for a Pacquaio bout. If ya'll read further he's mad because they had an agreement and when they made him an offer for his next fight which the only option they gave him was thurman he felt they were trying to underpay him for that fight too. If you guys were saying Victor Ortiz it would make much more sense since his contract is up soon..he didn't have a disability clause that stopped the clock on his contract. They said the last 5 opponents..

Calm down bruh, that's your boo or something

This clown got himself in that situation if what your saying is true, he played himself, da fuck we supposed to have sympathy on this motor mouth ass dude. His lawyer is the one who repped him for the Mayweather fight now they suing. Somebody's lying here, we shall see

We only had the article on the front page to go off of until this came out, so miss us with that reading shit...

http://www.boxingscene.com/guerreros-lawye...-ali-act--73462

I see Guerrero's position but his lawyer put him in a bad spot if what Schaefer is saying true. Calm down fam, it ain't that serious
mrchitown
I don't like Guerrero because he's a little dip shit but I don't want to see him missing potential paydays. But listening to what his lawyer said and what Scahefer said, this could go either way and the only reason I lean in GB coming out on top in this is because the contracts are NY based because of the things Scahefer outlined. Guerrero's lawyer's rational was hit or miss in regards to that. It doesn't matter that he's a Cali fighter

Before I forget Fuck Guerrero! laugh.gif
kej718
It would be great if they could trade his contract for Bradleys laugh.gif
aTYpicalTYrant
They're saying his name is being considered as a potential opponent for Pacquiao. I'm not sure how the hell he pulls that off, but I tip my hat if he's successful. Another record pay day when coming off of a loss for someone as low on the totem pole is impressive. Plus it makes him look like a genius for being unwilling to fight Thurman.
checkleft
He knows he will get starched by anybody with a resemblance of a top fighter so he wants out so he can try to land a pac fight.

Robert was never a top dog and he knows he likely gets kod by any of the top names under gbp or haymon for a mediocrity pay day so he wants out. If his skills could only back up his mouth...
mgrover
Fuck Guerrero the prick.

But funny how he'd be the 5th fighter to leave his current promoter for Top Rank. If Arum wanted Guererro to fight Pac am pretty sure he'd have no problem in sending Todd to deal with Golden Boy, so why does Robert have to leave?
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 9 2014, 07:53 PM) *
Fuck Guerrero the prick.

But funny how he'd be the 5th fighter to leave his current promoter for Top Rank. If Arum wanted Guererro to fight Pac am pretty sure he'd have no problem in sending Todd to deal with Golden Boy, so why does Robert have to leave?

True

Plus their reasons for getting out of the contract don't seem valid. I think gbp is gonna win this and if Robert wants out he will have to buy out his contract
aTYpicalTYrant
Sounds like He's trying to cash out
mrchitown
Freddie Roach's reasoning for wanting this fight is such bull. Because he's a former Mayweather opponent and he says Bradley doesn't have a PPV audience..I suppose Guerrero does. GTFOH lol

The Shaq face of the day goes to Freddie Roach
HyyerBlaze
I liked how Guerrero raised his hands and celebrated afyer the Floyd fight.

Guy is a tool..thinking Manny with KO him if they do fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jan 9 2014, 07:14 PM) *
I liked how Guerrero raised his hands and celebrated afyer the Floyd fight.

Guy is a tool..thinking Manny with KO him if they do fight.

He is the one who humbled Floyd Mayweather.....
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 9 2014, 06:58 PM) *
True

Plus their reasons for getting out of the contract don't seem valid. I think gbp is gonna win this and if Robert wants out he will have to buy out his contract

Don't worry, Arum is probably gonna pull a Suge Knight and handle that situation. Besides, Guerrero's contract can't be for that much...and from what I understand, a Mayweather rematch wasn't included, so I can only imagine how much he'd get paid for his remaining fights under that contract...maybe a $1M and under for his future opponents...depending on who they are.

There aren't too many easy WW fights with GBP, and I'm sure that WW clsuterfuck going on a TR, looks a lot more tasteful than some of these lions at GBP. Those WWs at TR have beaten each other half to death, so they're ripe for the picking. GBP are a bit more fresh, though some of them have put each other through the ringer (Lopez, Ortiz, Berto, Peterson (soon).
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 9 2014, 10:50 AM) *

10. Repeat the process

Nail meet head!

I never liked this motherfucker to begin with...as I voiced numerous times before. I like him even less now. Floyd allowed him to talk his way into that payday. Gave an opportunity to this bitchass dude. Then he goes in the ring with a gameplan based on one conversation where Floyd said he'd go toe to toe. No plan B. Ain't so much as raise a hair on Floyd's arm. Then, after getting schooled for 12 rounds, get's on his holier than thou shit. Afterwards, he doesn't pay the opportunity forward to a young champion in Thurman. He turned his nose up to fights and sat on the shelf rather than give his fans a good fight to see. Now he wants to leave the hottest promotional team in boxing to fight Manny. Fuck this Swiper the Fox looking motherfucker.

Exactly how Cshel described it is how it will go down. Roach JUST said "I'd rather fight Guerrero, a former Floyd opponent, than Bradley again." He'll fight Manny. Probably lose because he hasn't fought in a minute and still has his dickhead father in his corner. The Pacquiao camp will puff out their chest and say "we beat him up worse than Floyd" then continue this BS agenda about Floyd being scared.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 10 2014, 11:28 AM) *
Nail meet head!

I never liked this motherfucker to begin with...as I voiced numerous times before. I like him even less now. Floyd allowed him to talk his way into that payday. Gave an opportunity to this bitchass dude. Then he goes in the ring with a gameplan based on one conversation where Floyd said he'd go toe to toe. No plan B. Ain't so much as raise a hair on Floyd's arm. Then, after getting schooled for 12 rounds, get's on his holier than thou shit. Afterwards, he doesn't pay the opportunity forward to a young champion in Thurman. He turned his nose up to fights and sat on the shelf rather than give his fans a good fight to see. Now he wants to leave the hottest promotional team in boxing to fight Manny. Fuck this Swiper the Fox looking motherfucker.

Exactly how Cshel described it is how it will go down. Roach JUST said "I'd rather fight Guerrero, a former Floyd opponent, than Bradley again." He'll fight Manny. Probably lose because he hasn't fought in a minute and still has his dickhead father in his corner. The Pacquiao camp will puff out their chest and say "we beat him up worse than Floyd" then continue this BS agenda about Floyd being scared.

Shameful and scary, aint it???

laugh.gif

This shit never ends...and knowing that Guerrero is in the race to start this mythical megafight bullshit again, is forming an ulcer as we speak. Here we go again, "we can beat him better than Mayweather, and get back into the race, since the Mayweather fight is all that Manny's been talking about" (paraphrased)

At this point, people need to wise up. Who gives a FUCK what Manny's been talking about...he STILL can't make a decision to save his life...that's Bob's role. The only thing Manny can and will do, is his usual passive aggressive "I'm gonna make Bob and my team kiss my ass into fighting again", which always results in Manny fighting EXACTLY who Bob wants him to fight.

It's sad, but that's the way it's been and I don't see it changing any time soon. Guerrero just enable Team Pac to continue their leftovers conquest, so now all of the B-side WWs at TR can fight for scraps...amongst each other. None of them are a PPV attraction, outside of Manny...whom's PPV status has been questioned for quite some time now.

I think Guerrero contract stuff has been going on a bit longer than the time it was reported...I'll say at least two months now...maybe. I wonder what's gonna happen after this fight...hmmm...let's say, they're gonna gun for Canelo at 150 lbs, and the Pactards will eat it up, though Floyd got crucified for a 2 lb catchweight. I don't see Canelo leaving GBP, but uhh...wasn't he having some contract "issues" a few months ago. I hate to be the one to say it...but where there's smoke, there's fire. Smh
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 10 2014, 08:28 AM) *
Nail meet head!

I am at work and when I read this, I damn fell out my chair. He does look like Swiper!!! Especially with that dumb ass hair cut. You get the "Funny" Comment of the day award!

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 10 2014, 08:42 AM) *
Shameful and scary, aint it???

laugh.gif

This shit never ends...and knowing that Guerrero is in the race to start this mythical megafight bullshit again, is forming an ulcer as we speak. Here we go again, "we can beat him better than Mayweather, and get back into the race, since the Mayweather fight is all that Manny's been talking about" (paraphrased)

At this point, people need to wise up. Who gives a FUCK what Manny's been talking about...he STILL can't make a decision to save his life...that's Bob's role. The only thing Manny can and will do, is his usual passive aggressive "I'm gonna make Bob and my team kiss my ass into fighting again", which always results in Manny fighting EXACTLY who Bob wants him to fight.

It's sad, but that's the way it's been and I don't see it changing any time soon. Guerrero just enable Team Pac to continue their leftovers conquest, so now all of the B-side WWs at TR can fight for scraps...amongst each other. None of them are a PPV attraction, outside of Manny...whom's PPV status has been questioned for quite some time now.

I think Guerrero contract stuff has been going on a bit longer than the time it was reported...I'll say at least two months now...maybe. I wonder what's gonna happen after this fight...hmmm...let's say, they're gonna gun for Canelo at 150 lbs, and the Pactards will eat it up, though Floyd got crucified for a 2 lb catchweight. I don't see Canelo leaving GBP, but uhh...wasn't he having some contract "issues" a few months ago. I hate to be the one to say it...but where there's smoke, there's fire. Smh

Manny hasn't said anything. I mean anything. He is told to seat his ass down a the children's table while the adults talk. It is actually sad. I mean, if my nemesis was talking a ton of shit about me and my business, best to believe I would have something to say. Manny has the people on his side and that is all that matters. As long as the shit does not land on his shoe, he could be found with a dead hooker and a 12 year old boy in a compromising position and it wouldn't matter.

As far as the PPV is concerned if I am Bob, I say fuck PPV and just put it on HBO for free and get big ratings. he is spending more money on the event and not getting the return he wants. I say whoever Manny fights next, let that shit be on regular HBO and be done with it. Shit, they can spin it like: This one is for the fans and we just wanted to show our appreciation for their years of loyalty. So we are having our next fight free on HBO. Instant praise and a higher purse for Manny and whoever he will be fighting.

Guerrero is pulling a Khan. He is waiting to get a big fight. I will shit on Guerrero like everyone is shitting on Khan. I mean can you blame him? If you had a chance to sex your favorite pin up girl but you would have to wait six months to do it and refrain from having sex with any other chick, I am sure you would do it, I would. Same thing with Khan and Guerrero, the think is Khan was straight about his intentions, Guerrero is just being a flat out bitch about it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2014, 10:59 AM) *
I am at work and when I read this, I damn fell out my chair. He does look like Swiper!!! Especially with that dumb ass hair cut. You get the "Funny" Comment of the day award!

Manny hasn't said anything. I mean anything. He is told to seat his ass down a the children's table while the adults talk. It is actually sad. I mean, if my nemesis was talking a ton of shit about me and my business, best to believe I would have something to say. Manny has the people on his side and that is all that matters. As long as the shit does not land on his shoe, he could be found with a dead hooker and a 12 year old boy in a compromising position and it wouldn't matter.

As far as the PPV is concerned if I am Bob, I say fuck PPV and just put it on HBO for free and get big ratings. he is spending more money on the event and not getting the return he wants. I say whoever Manny fights next, let that shit be on regular HBO and be done with it. Shit, they can spin it like: This one is for the fans and we just wanted to show our appreciation for their years of loyalty. So we are having our next fight free on HBO. Instant praise and a higher purse for Manny and whoever he will be fighting.

Guerrero is pulling a Khan. He is waiting to get a big fight. I will shit on Guerrero like everyone is shitting on Khan. I mean can you blame him? If you had a chance to sex your favorite pin up girl but you would have to wait six months to do it and refrain from having sex with any other chick, I am sure you would do it, I would. Same thing with Khan and Guerrero, the think is Khan was straight about his intentions, Guerrero is just being a flat out bitch about it.

Pacquiao has been saying stuff, he's not dropped down and disrespected Mayweather the way Mayweather is going in on him but, in the past month he's went.on record about things with Mayweather

Guerrero is typical. A religious nut who when truly tested isn't all that principled...I'd douse him in holy water and smack the sins out of his father. Now if I was anyone at GB, I'd say to team Guerrero, he ran.....like a chicken lmao

I ain't holding out for no p*ssy, I don't care how fine she is. She could be the ultimate score, she better put it out asap or keep it moving. I wait for the traffic light to go green, I ain't waiting on no piece of ass lmao
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 10 2014, 10:51 AM) *
Pacquiao has been saying stuff, he's not dropped down and disrespected Mayweather the way Mayweather is going in on him but, in the past month he's went.on record about things with Mayweather

Guerrero is typical. A religious nut who when truly tested isn't all that principled...I'd douse him in holy water and smack the sins out of his father. Now if I was anyone at GB, I'd say to team Guerrero, he ran.....like a chicken lmao

I ain't holding out for no p*ssy, I don't care how fine she is. She could be the ultimate score, she better put it out asap or keep it moving. I wait for the traffic light to go green, I ain't waiting on no piece of ass lmao

I'm talking Jane Kennedy fine! I would
truth
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2014, 02:13 PM) *

Lmao you just showed your age.

Gurreo don't have nothing coming and i agree its a double standard with PAC and May that said i hope gurreo does bounce and i don't think it will happen but im dreaming and ko pac and it kills all this talk
MAHDI
I just watched Mayweather Guererro again Guerrero looked to be on the verge of being stopped in round 8 and came back hard in round 9. albeit it seemed he intentionally lead with his head in that round. I think Guerrero gives Pac a good fight. He is tough
Dolimite
QUOTE (truth @ Jan 11 2014, 12:49 PM) *
Lmao you just showed your age.

Gurreo don't have nothing coming and i agree its a double standard with PAC and May that said i hope gurreo does bounce and i don't think it will happen but im dreaming and ko pac and it kills all this talk

I am 30 and Jane Kennedy is my pin up girl.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2014, 01:13 PM) *

Sometimes patience ain't a virtue lol...I used to kick chicks out my whip when they would try shit like that. I'd drop them off in a bad neighborhood and give them bus fare home. Ask anybody here from Chicago about Englewood and Cabrini. Don't waste my time lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 11 2014, 04:13 PM) *
Sometimes patience ain't a virtue lol...I used to kick chicks out my whip when they would try shit like that. I'd drop them off in a bad neighborhood and give them bus fare home. Ask anybody here from Chicago about Englewood and Cabrini. Don't waste my time lol

You a cold dude! Pussy thug
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 11 2014, 07:13 PM) *

Ill take your word ...not setting foot in chi-raq right now
AZWildCat
And the ghost is full of shit
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 11 2014, 10:00 PM) *
You a cold dude! Pussy thug

I did that in high school, I thought it was funny. I've seen some of them since then. Some speak and some I can tell that I'm not welcome in their presence lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 12 2014, 11:47 AM) *
Ill take your word ...not setting foot in chi-raq right now

You cold for that lol, it's not that bad, it's pockets of bad areas and it gets blown up in the media

I'm interested in hearing more facts about this to see what both sides have on the other
mrchitown
Roach did an interview and said that Danny Garcia may come over for a fight with Pacquiao. Then he said another Haymon fighter is in the mix to fight Pacquiao....don't know if I believe him, he says some crazy stuff and it's hard to get a accurate read on if he's telling the truth or not

He said Ruslan is coming to the gym soon and that he spoke to him and Ruslan doesn't want the fight, and Koncz has said that Yuriorkis Gamboa's name has been added to the list of opponents for Pacquiao. TR is hurting lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2014, 12:03 AM) *
Roach did an interview and said that Danny Garcia may come over for a fight with Pacquiao. Then he said another Haymon fighter is in the mix to fight Pacquiao....don't know if I believe him, he says some crazy stuff and it's hard to get a accurate read on if he's telling the truth or not

He said Ruslan is coming to the gym soon and that he spoke to him and Ruslan doesn't want the fight, and Koncz has said that Yuriorkis Gamboa's name has been added to the list of opponents for Pacquiao. TR is hurting lol

Gamboa?! Damn, is it that thin over there?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2014, 08:18 AM) *

It must be, because Koncz said his name has been added to the list. They seem to be trying to get somebody in there with Manny that he can blast out quickly. I think if he fights Gamboa, then it's going to look like Manny's fight against Hatton...but just the thought that Gamboa is under serious consideration speaks volumes to the low level of fighters in and around Manny's weight class that TR has for him

I think they focused so much on building Manny up to be this unstoppable stud they forgot to build up the other prospects like Mayfield and some others. Remember Mike Jones? Who? Yup, Mike Jones lol....they were trying to build him into an opponent for Pacquiao and when Randall Bailey beat him, he was shelved. He hasn't fought since. They could've built him back up but they just dumped him on the side of the road and left him for dead
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 13 2014, 09:03 PM) *

Garcia is willing to trade with Manny but doesn't want the Floyd fight? Okay.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2014, 06:18 AM) *

Hey, doesn't Jessie Vargas get a shot! He is more deserving of a Pac fight then Gamboa! Typing that just made me really sad.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2014, 07:21 AM) *
It must be, because Koncz said his name has been added to the list. They seem to be trying to get somebody in there with Manny that he can blast out quickly. I think if he fights Gamboa, then it's going to look like Manny's fight against Hatton...but just the thought that Gamboa is under serious consideration speaks volumes to the low level of fighters in and around Manny's weight class that TR has for him

I think they focused so much on building Manny up to be this unstoppable stud they forgot to build up the other prospects like Mayfield and some others. Remember Mike Jones? Who? Yup, Mike Jones lol....they were trying to build him into an opponent for Pacquiao and when Randall Bailey beat him, he was shelved. He hasn't fought since. They could've built him back up but they just dumped him on the side of the road and left him for dead

Talk about a shit fight! No one knows Gamboa, no one! They thought 450K PPV sales was bad. I think Arum is doing this on purpose so Manny can't pay his taxes. Cause no one will be making money, no one!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2014, 10:21 AM) *

If GBP does a better job with their rising stars, then people wont have the "who tha hell is that?" look on their face, when Floyd's opponents are announced. Anywho, they're doing the same thing at TR. I've noticed that GBP tries to move their guys a bit slower, while Bob's guys beat the hell out of each other, and get a crack at Manny....that's IF they decide to pick the loser of the two. Lol

As for Mike Jones, yes, I remember them trying to build this dude up. He actually had some decent tv dates and fights, but that Bailey fight ruined him. As for what I know, Jones signed a few silly contracts (ranging from '06 or '07), which basically stated that as soon as he gets a title shot (or wins a title), his contract will automatically be extended for another 3 years AFTER it's end date.

I believe his contract ended at the end of 2012, but the mofo got ghost after the Bailey KO loss, and decided to not answer his other promoter and manager's calls. What sucks about that it, Jones had his title shot and he LOST...so his contract was extended anyway. I believe, had he won that night, he wouldn't mind staying with TR and being champ, but being the fact that he got dusted, his tune changed quick.

I'm not sure what's up with his contract now, but I think I remember him having a fight scheduled, and it got cancelled because of contractual issues. What a scrub...he brought that on himself.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 14 2014, 12:26 PM) *

Hey, doesn't Jessie Vargas get a shot! He is more deserving of a Pac fight then Gamboa! Typing that just made me really sad.

Talk about a shit fight! No one knows Gamboa, no one! They thought 450K PPV sales was bad. I think Arum is doing this on purpose so Manny can't pay his taxes. Cause no one will be making money, no one!

This brings me back to what I posted in the recent Pac/Bradley "again" thread...that was HUGE clusterfuck in regards to Vargas. He was supposed to built up to fight Manny (maybe sometime this year), but Manny got KO'd in Dec. '12, which prevented the Rios/Pac fight in April '13, which rushed the Rios/Alvarado rematch. Bradley was supposed to get off'd by Provodnikov that same month, but he ruined that and actually won the fight.

Had he got KO'd by Ruslan, he (Bradley) was supposed to be ready for a Vargas fight. Alvarado fucked around and won the Rios rematch, and STILL got shafted out of the Pac fight...because that wasn't the plan. Alvarado was previously making complaints about his purse for the Rios rematch, and almost didn't take the fight, but of course he did.

He won, got a silly title, and was fed to Ruslan the same year...gonna be kinda hard to pull Alvarado outta the dirt nowadays. Hell, Mike may get matched against Vargas as a comeback effort later this year, which starts the cluster all over again. Truthfully, guys like Alvarado aren't meant to get the "big fights" (with Manny and possibly Juan), so even if he redeems himself...he will only be allowed to go so far.

bnoles4life
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 11 2014, 05:03 PM) *
I just watched Mayweather Guererro again Guerrero looked to be on the verge of being stopped in round 8 and came back hard in round 9. albeit it seemed he intentionally lead with his head in that round. I think Guerrero gives Pac a good fight. He is tough

Yessir!!!!! I always reference Round 8...you could tell he had ran out of answers and was about to cash it in. Luckily, for him, the bell rang and he got re-charged during the break.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 14 2014, 11:26 AM) *

I don't know if I believe Danny is willing to cross over, but I can't totally write it off since Guerrero is trying to do it...I don't see him leaving though. Look at Andre Dirrell's career since he left Haymon. It isn't exactly rainbows and sunshine.

Vargas is the next Mike Jones, we won't be talking about him soon. We haven't been talking about him since he left Mayweather promotions technically

Manny will sleep Gamboa, I'm not sure that's a PPV fight. This would be like Tyson when he fought Peter Mcneeley..blink and it's over
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2014, 11:48 AM) *
If GBP does a better job with their rising stars, then people wont have the "who tha hell is that?" look on their face, when Floyd's opponents are announced. Anywho, they're doing the same thing at TR. I've noticed that GBP tries to move their guys a bit slower, while Bob's guys beat the hell out of each other, and get a crack at Manny....that's IF they decide to pick the loser of the two. Lol

As for Mike Jones, yes, I remember them trying to build this dude up. He actually had some decent tv dates and fights, but that Bailey fight ruined him. As for what I know, Jones signed a few silly contracts (ranging from '06 or '07), which basically stated that as soon as he gets a title shot (or wins a title), his contract will automatically be extended for another 3 years AFTER it's end date.

I believe his contract ended at the end of 2012, but the mofo got ghost after the Bailey KO loss, and decided to not answer his other promoter and manager's calls. What sucks about that it, Jones had his title shot and he LOST...so his contract was extended anyway. I believe, had he won that night, he wouldn't mind staying with TR and being champ, but being the fact that he got dusted, his tune changed quick.

I'm not sure what's up with his contract now, but I think I remember him having a fight scheduled, and it got cancelled because of contractual issues. What a scrub...he brought that on himself.

I think GB does move their fighters at a different pace then TR but they do a better job in that regards of building their names and resumes then TR. Danny Garcia exploded onto the scene. In a fight he wasn't supposed to win. When was the last time that kind of thing happened with any one promoted by TR?

I think Jones had a fight that was scheduled for early last year and haven't heard a peep since and it sucks because I liked him. I thought he was winning the fight with Bailey up until he got caught. But now he's not even on the radar, another case of wasted potential
mrchitown
Obviously none of these guys are on the same page, Roach said the other day that Ruslan says he'd rather retire then fight Manny, Ruslan says he ain't say that and he'd take the fight and feels he could beat Pacquiao. Koncz said that Gamboa was an option yesterday, today Arum says he isn't. Roach says Guerrero is an option to fight Manny and Arum says that's absurd. Don't sound like anyone knows what going on

And in regards to Guerrero, his father seems more willing to mix it up then he is. Though I think Floyd Sr would've tore him up lol....when talking about his son's future even he didn't know what's going to happen. The courts can be messy and what if it takes time, that could be bad for his career
klonopinz
guererro will be on the shelf for a while. i mean its already been a year and ere jsut hearing about this shit. its almost like ith ward, only difference is that goosen axtually needs ward, thats his biggest fighter, where as golden boy dont really need guererro, its just one less 147 guy in a stacked division which they rule.

edit: i dont think he wants to leave golden boy, but i guess he has to do this legal shit to get what he ants from them/
Gambit808
According to Arum, only Bradley & Provodnikov are the short list opponents possible for Manny.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-guerrero-g...pacquiao--73629
sduck
I fear Manny's health and career if he fights Provodnikov.
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Jan 15 2014, 11:04 AM) *
I fear Manny's health and career if he fights Provodnikov.

He hasn't fought a dangerous fight in a while...it's about that time. Besides, he has the tools to whoop Ruslan's ass anyway. If Bradley can make his face look like ground chuck, then surely Manny can make somethin shake.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2014, 11:47 AM) *
He hasn't fought a dangerous fight in a while...it's about that time. Besides, he has the tools to whoop Ruslan's ass anyway. If Bradley can make his face look like ground chuck, then surely Manny can make somethin shake.

We still don't know if he has fully recovered from the KO shot. Ruslan will check Manny's chin, how will Manny react? Now if the two stand toe to toe I think if the Manny of old is still there then he will win. I think for the first 7 rounds it would be interesting,

Is your lady out of time out yet?
Dolimite
STICK A FORK IN THIS BITCH MADE FOOL

http://www.boxingscene.com/csac-denies-gue...lden-boy--73672
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 15 2014, 05:38 PM) *

I can hear Reuben Guerrero now..."GB ran man, they ran to NY...like a chicken" laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.