Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is Freddie Roach implying?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
aTYpicalTYrant
http://fighthype.com/news/article15910.html

How much damage control will be required help this situation? Arum and Koncz are probably ripping Freddie a new asshole for saying something so damning. He essentially implied his fighter could have been on PED's. Fucking idiot. FMJ is going to eat that shit up. Why would you ever say some shit like that about your own fighter?
ryustuh
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 9 2014, 06:30 PM) *
http://fighthype.com/news/article15910.html

How much damage control will be required help this situation? Arum and Koncz are probably ripping Freddie a new asshole for saying something so damning. He essentially implied his fighter could have been on PED's. Fucking idiot. FMJ is going to eat that shit up. Why would you ever say some shit like that about your own fighter?

freddy's def losing it. he's butt hurt after that ariza front kick. i wonder what's going through MP's head after hearing these comments from his long-time trainer.
mgrover
He's implying that he hates Ariza that much that he'd dare to potentially throw his student under the bus.
checkleft
Roach has spent so much time in arums school ("yesterday I was lying..."). Cmon the dudes one of the biggest hypocrites in boxing
Dolimite
he just implicated his entire team. cut your nose to despite your face. dummy.
Cshel86
So...somebody wasn't just hotdogging back in the day with that PED talk.

At this point, I just can't say that Freddie is doing what he needs to do to drum up interest for Manny's next fight...the tax issue was enough to talk about. All I can say is, it looks like Freddie is making Manny out to be innocent, in the even that this ships sinks.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 9 2014, 07:50 PM) *
He's implying that he hates Ariza that much that he'd dare to potentially throw his student under the bus.

Real Talk
mrchitown
Snitching, why white folks always telling lol

Roach played himself with those remarks, and in the process made Pacquiao look hella suspect. If you see someone giving your fighter, the fighter that you've built this overblown legacy on, why didn't you stop it? He claims he and Manny are so close and that Manny listens to him. Then why did you not tell Manny to let this guy go sooner? If we're to believe Roach then all he would've had to say is it's either him or me and Ariza would've been gone. Now he's coming out with these slanderous remarks that paint him and his fighters whole work together in doubt. Aah the plot thickens
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 9 2014, 04:30 PM) *
Snitching, why white folks always telling lol

Roach played himself with those remarks, and in the process made Pacquiao look hella suspect. If you see someone giving your fighter, the fighter that you've built this overblown legacy on, why didn't you stop it? He claims he and Manny are so close and that Manny listens to him. Then why did you not tell Manny to let this guy go sooner? If we're to believe Roach then all he would've had to say is it's either him or me and Ariza would've been gone. Now he's coming out with these slanderous remarks that paint him and his fighters whole work together in doubt. Aah the plot thickens

they will blame his illness
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 9 2014, 06:50 PM) *

This.
Hotsauce
he was trying to shit on ariza but he shitted on manny
DigitalBoom
The man said i'd ask him what's in the drinks and he wouldn't tell...that could mean any number of things. It's his special shhh and that's how he earns his money..there is something in there you don't need to know about...or maybe just maybe considering the history of the two..."Fk you, you teach him to punch I make sure he's got the health to do it". I mean folks will really turn something with many possible meanings into something that conveniently supports their argument. Now don't get me wrong i've seen Ariza at promotional events and he's a giant windbag who loves the shhh out of himself so shady..definitely. Stupid enough to risk his limelight...doubt it...highly doubt it. Conte's thing was about money, Ariza's thing is popularity. Look at Memo and Conte's nature..them dudes dont like the camera like that..they'll come out and defend themselves and whatnot but they aren't hamming it up drawing attention to themselves. I think Roach is going to get alot of follow up questions on this one and I really hope it's by one of the legit journalists who is going to truly ask for clarification of that quote. Brandon also had trouble making weight, let's not act like we all thought that idiot was getting down to 140 naturally...dude came in at 160 damn near on fight night and he's been struggling to make weight for years now so a diuretic..go watch 24/7 and him b*tch*ng at his wife cause she ain't making him fried foods...that dude took that shhh himself. Maidana, considering he shoved the same Gauze in dudes mouth if it had smelling salts on it...well Idoubt anyone on here is going to put that shit in their mouths because i'm sure nobody wants to run off to the hospital afterwards.

Two theories i've heard so far on this

1. Manny went from KO'ing people out when Floyd called him out on PED's.
2. He went to zero pop without Ariza.

To address them both...

Quite frankly i'd rather take one big blow than continous blows that will amass to more damage in the long run..case and point Antonio Margarito. I'm sure he'd trade his eye for getting KO'd instead. He hadn't ko'd anyone in his last 4 or so fights..three of which he had Ariza. Pacquaio is old, he ain't as fast..speed kills..those punches you don't see coming are the ones that hurt..he didn't see Marquez's and well we know how that went. Just for a refresher course I want folks to go back and look at what round Pacquaio was knocking people out at on average and how many punches he had landed by the time the KO came...that'll tell you everything about why he was KO'ing people. It was never one punch power..it was always hit accumulation.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 10 2014, 12:13 AM) *
The man said i'd ask him what's in the drinks and he wouldn't tell...that could mean any number of things. It's his special shhh and that's how he earns his money..there is something in there you don't need to know about...or maybe just maybe considering the history of the two..."Fk you, you teach him to punch I make sure he's got the health to do it". I mean folks will really turn something with many possible meanings into something that conveniently supports their argument.

You're making no sense at all. You're saying folks are "turning something" when Freddie Roach (MANNY PACQUIAO'S TRAINER) specifically answered a question about Brandon Rios failing a drug test. Freddie's lack of surprise and willingness to mention random drinks with unknown ingredients given to his fighter by Alex Ariza says a whole fucking lot. Yes Roach and Ariza have a history of violence..... Lol. But they also have a history of working together. What other meanings do you see? While his statement is not a full blown admission of guilt he damn sure planted a seed of doubt and rolled his fighter under the damn bus. Self incrimination is one cruel bitch.
mrchitown
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 9 2014, 10:13 PM) *
The man said i'd ask him what's in the drinks and he wouldn't tell...that could mean any number of things. It's his special shhh and that's how he earns his money..there is something in there you don't need to know about...or maybe just maybe considering the history of the two..."Fk you, you teach him to punch I make sure he's got the health to do it". I mean folks will really turn something with many possible meanings into something that conveniently supports their argument. Now don't get me wrong i've seen Ariza at promotional events and he's a giant windbag who loves the shhh out of himself so shady..definitely. Stupid enough to risk his limelight...doubt it...highly doubt it. Conte's thing was about money, Ariza's thing is popularity. Look at Memo and Conte's nature..them dudes dont like the camera like that..they'll come out and defend themselves and whatnot but they aren't hamming it up drawing attention to themselves. I think Roach is going to get alot of follow up questions on this one and I really hope it's by one of the legit journalists who is going to truly ask for clarification of that quote. Brandon also had trouble making weight, let's not act like we all thought that idiot was getting down to 140 naturally...dude came in at 160 damn near on fight night and he's been struggling to make weight for years now so a diuretic..go watch 24/7 and him b*tch*ng at his wife cause she ain't making him fried foods...that dude took that shhh himself. Maidana, considering he shoved the same Gauze in dudes mouth if it had smelling salts on it...well Idoubt anyone on here is going to put that shit in their mouths because i'm sure nobody wants to run off to the hospital afterwards.

Two theories i've heard so far on this

1. Manny went from KO'ing people out when Floyd called him out on PED's.
2. He went to zero pop without Ariza.

To address them both...

Quite frankly i'd rather take one big blow than continous blows that will amass to more damage in the long run..case and point Antonio Margarito. I'm sure he'd trade his eye for getting KO'd instead. He hadn't ko'd anyone in his last 4 or so fights..three of which he had Ariza. Pacquaio is old, he ain't as fast..speed kills..those punches you don't see coming are the ones that hurt..he didn't see Marquez's and well we know how that went. Just for a refresher course I want folks to go back and look at what round Pacquaio was knocking people out at on average and how many punches he had landed by the time the KO came...that'll tell you everything about why he was KO'ing people. It was never one punch power..it was always hit accumulation.

I don't know where you from or what boxing gym you been to where it works like that...I train a decent number of fighters now and I know what they put in their bodies. now obviously I'm not around but most trainers will tell you their wary of these strength and conditioning coaches. I have people who I trust around my fighters. Roach fucked up there, if Ariza was so shady then he could've cut that shit out from jump. I work with my fighters on s & c but I also have a guy who worked with me in between summers. I trust him but in boxing anyone can throw a towel over their shoulder and act like they know some shit and that's a big issue in the sport

If you are wary of what the person is giving your fighter, your the lead, your the trainer, you have a right to know. That whole it's my secret and I don't have to tell is bullshit. That's why many trainers don't fuck with these s and c coaches because you never know with some of them. It has nothing to do with supporting theories and everything to do with suspicious behavior. I've been doing this a long time and anyone who acts like how Roach claims Ariza acted like is suspicious. If I was training a fighter and the s and c guy did that I'd tell my fighter it's either him or me. It's a certain respect that your missing, that should be given to the trainer of the fighter
mgrover
The whole PEDs thing, about Pac, I don't think he was on them, yet people claim what happened to his pop etc etc, nothing happened, its just that Rios has one hell of a chin, and turtled vs Pac, yet vs Alvarado he was throwing with him and thats why Alvarado could hurt him.
truth
Roach just flipped on pac this could also explain why pac doesn't leave top rank because he has the proof
mrchitown
QUOTE (truth @ Jan 10 2014, 07:46 AM) *
Roach just flipped on pac this could also explain why pac doesn't leave top rank because he has the proof

What does it matter though? If he has the proof? Then what? How many boxing cheats have been punished. Does the boxing community not still accept RJJ, James Toney, Shane Mosley, even now in Yuriorkis Gamboa...linked to that biogenesis mess. No one is coming down on him and giving him hell, and why is it that the guy, Bosch, who ran the biogenesis stuff stated he has more boxers who took PEDs..no one has pushed for the info. Not any fan, nor sanctioning body or state athletic commission. No one pushing to find out who else did it...even if Manny did take it ain't no repercussions so I doubt that's a reason he won't leave
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 10 2014, 05:49 AM) *
The whole PEDs thing, about Pac, I don't think he was on them, yet people claim what happened to his pop etc etc, nothing happened, its just that Rios has one hell of a chin, and turtled vs Pac, yet vs Alvarado he was throwing with him and thats why Alvarado could hurt him.

You just don't wanna believe that Pac was on anything, neither do I...but you REALLY don't wanna believe it...as if it's a strong possibility that it's true and you don't wanna accept it.

laugh.gif

It's hard out here for a Pac fan
Dolimite
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jan 9 2014, 07:31 PM) *
he was trying to shit on ariza but he shitted on manny

He just Chris Christied himself.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 10 2014, 03:49 AM) *

Pac hasn't knocked anyone out since when? When was the last person he gave a serious ass kicking too? After the Bradley you could not tell if he was even in a fight. JMM fight he had some damage but nothing we haven't seen. Pac lost his iron fist after Ariza stopped giving him those superman shakes.

But it doesn't matter like Chi said because nothing can and ever will be Manny's fault. Nice guys do finish first.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 10 2014, 03:45 PM) *
He just Chris Christied himself.

Pac hasn't knocked anyone out since when? When was the last person he gave a serious ass kicking too? After the Bradley you could not tell if he was even in a fight. JMM fight he had some damage but nothing we haven't seen. Pac lost his iron fist after Ariza stopped giving him those superman shakes.

But it doesn't matter like Chi said because nothing can and ever will be Manny's fault. Nice guys do finish first.

Theres a post somewhere by me on how I think he got the KOes whether the opponents were drained or simply at a bad time.
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 10 2014, 10:15 AM) *
What does it matter though? If he has the proof? Then what? How many boxing cheats have been punished. Does the boxing community not still accept RJJ, James Toney, Shane Mosley, even now in Yuriorkis Gamboa...linked to that biogenesis mess. No one is coming down on him and giving him hell, and why is it that the guy, Bosch, who ran the biogenesis stuff stated he has more boxers who took PEDs..no one has pushed for the info. Not any fan, nor sanctioning body or state athletic commission. No one pushing to find out who else did it...even if Manny did take it ain't no repercussions so I doubt that's a reason he won't leave

You forgot that rat bastard Margarito..... He was vilified but still got off light.
Dolimite
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 10 2014, 08:31 AM) *
You forgot that rat bastard Margarito..... He was vilified but still got off light.

Not only off but got career paydays with Pac, Mosley, and Cotto.
mrchitown
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 10 2014, 10:31 AM) *

Yup. Your right, I sure did. That scum sucker got away with one of the biggest cheating instances in boxing. And Arum defended him like it was his own son. Cotto resented Arum for that, I think that played a part in him leaving TR and making the decision to be a free agent

Margarito should've never boxed again, even now he shouldn't even be allowed near a boxing gym
DigitalBoom
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 10 2014, 12:32 AM) *
You're making no sense at all. You're saying folks are "turning something" when Freddie Roach (MANNY PACQUIAO'S TRAINER) specifically answered a question about Brandon Rios failing a drug test. Freddie's lack of surprise and willingness to mention random drinks with unknown ingredients given to his fighter by Alex Ariza says a whole fucking lot. Yes Roach and Ariza have a history of violence..... Lol. But they also have a history of working together. What other meanings do you see? While his statement is not a full blown admission of guilt he damn sure planted a seed of doubt and rolled his fighter under the damn bus. Self incrimination is one cruel bitch.

Ariza has no mandated reason to tell Freddie what he's giving Pacquaio. It's not contractually obligated nor is it an unwritten rule. You see hustlers spilling the beans on their key to success. If Ariza said "Oh i'm giving him ginseng,tang, beet root" what's to stop Roach from hiring some one to just make the drink.My point is that people's assumptions on what Ariza can do is ridiculous. Ariza is practicing someone else's strength and conditioning tactics...he was exposed for it. Justin Fortune I believe is his name. Ariza is a glorified vitamin dealer..minerals and shhh....hell roach even said it "his excercises are always the same, there is nothing new..why keep a guy around who has you doing the same exercise for years on end".

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 10 2014, 12:32 AM) *
I don't know where you from or what boxing gym you been to where it works like that...I train a decent number of fighters now and I know what they put in their bodies. now obviously I'm not around but most trainers will tell you their wary of these strength and conditioning coaches. I have people who I trust around my fighters. Roach fucked up there, if Ariza was so shady then he could've cut that shit out from jump. I work with my fighters on s & c but I also have a guy who worked with me in between summers. I trust him but in boxing anyone can throw a towel over their shoulder and act like they know some shit and that's a big issue in the sport

If you are wary of what the person is giving your fighter, your the lead, your the trainer, you have a right to know. That whole it's my secret and I don't have to tell is bullshit. That's why many trainers don't fuck with these s and c coaches because you never know with some of them. It has nothing to do with supporting theories and everything to do with suspicious behavior. I've been doing this a long time and anyone who acts like how Roach claims Ariza acted like is suspicious. If I was training a fighter and the s and c guy did that I'd tell my fighter it's either him or me. It's a certain respect that your missing, that should be given to the trainer of the fighter

You think YOU KNOW everything they put in their body. I'm not a boxer, a gym rat, but wait for it....my background is in a sport where steroids are just as common as bottled water.Cycling. Your guys have one coach/trainers, I had 4 sponsored ones and they didn't know what I put in my body. So trust me when I say YOU DON'T KNOW. Why wouldn't Ariza say what was in his drinks? Easy to answer...he's a hack.He ain't a legit S&C person. This is documented, you can read my quote above yours. As someone who was thrust into advanced S&C and nutritional based diets as you age your regiment is supposed to change. If Ariza was anything but a vitamin handler he would've changed Pacquaio's regiment but he never did in all those years..why? Because he didn't know how or what to change. Look at who Ariza's boss used to be and that should tell you everything Ariza knows about S&C. BTW anything you ingest orally would still show up on a pee test, it wouldn't show up per se as a specific drug but it would've muddied the waters enough to raise commission questions and lead to an inquiry. Which mind you it never did. At best I will say Ariza was giving Pacquaio wayyyyy too many supplements and wayyyy too many doses of B12. If Freddie really wanted to know what Ariza was giving Pacquaio all he has to do is ask Justin and he could answer it because they are the same drinks he used to give Pacquaio, he just cost several times more than Ariza does. They'll love him at Garcia's gym because this is new to them all but give it two years or so and they see it's the same shhh over and over again..he'll be looking for work again. I will say this, if Pacquaio was on steroids considering his height weight he would've had much more muscle mass than he does. I saw him within arms reach on the Cotto-Pacquaio promo tour..that lil mofo is tiny (width and mass) as hell,probably my wife's size. If that cat was on Roids i'm Shaq and you are Kobe.
truth
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 10 2014, 10:15 AM) *

I agree i dont think there will be any major repercussions but for the life of me i can't understand why PAC won't leave Arumand the only logical thing i can come up with is he's hiding something
checkleft
QUOTE (truth @ Jan 10 2014, 11:26 PM) *
I agree i dont think there will be any major repercussions but for the life of me i can't understand why PAC won't leave Arumand the only logical thing i can come up with is he's hiding something

Or it could be the obvious... He has a iron clad contract with TR that's tighter than a new born babies butthole
truth
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 11 2014, 01:03 AM) *
Or it could be the obvious... He has a iron clad contract with TR that's tighter than a new born babies butthole

if that's true then why does he keep re signing he clearly can make more money without Bob Arum yet he keeps on signing with them there something wrong with that picture he could just owe arum a bankroll but there's definitely something

BrutUalBK
As dumb as Freddie is (and I admit he made a mistake) he thought he was doing Pre-Damage Control! Meaning; he thought by pointing the finger at Ariza that should Alex respond he (Freddie/Manny) will have an excuse should Ariza come out with something damning.

I think it was an accidentally intelligent thing for Roach to do given he has to know how the forgiving public loves Manny so much that they'll excuse anything he does.

I'm sure that ROB Arum did not approve of this release and had no idea that Roach would actually jump up and put both feet in his mouth but now that he has you can bet that if this particular part of that interview becomes big boxing news that you'll hear ROB say something to try and take away the possible sting of PEDS on Pacquiao.

Roach, ROB Arum and especially Manny Pacquiao knows that he was juicing, there's no way you can put stuff into your body even if it is given to you without knowing what it is/what's in it!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (truth @ Jan 10 2014, 09:26 PM) *

It never is, other sports have harsh penalties for this stuff. Look at baseball, Bonds and Mcguire aren't in and I don't think they'll ever get in but in boxing there's nothing but hot air being blown up the sports ass
mrchitown
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 10 2014, 02:15 PM) *
You think YOU KNOW everything they put in their body. I'm not a boxer, a gym rat, but wait for it....my background is in a sport where steroids are just as common as bottled water.Cycling. Your guys have one coach/trainers, I had 4 sponsored ones and they didn't know what I put in my body. So trust me when I say YOU DON'T KNOW. Why wouldn't Ariza say what was in his drinks? Easy to answer...he's a hack.He ain't a legit S&C person. This is documented, you can read my quote above yours. As someone who was thrust into advanced S&C and nutritional based diets as you age your regiment is supposed to change. If Ariza was anything but a vitamin handler he would've changed Pacquaio's regiment but he never did in all those years..why? Because he didn't know how or what to change. Look at who Ariza's boss used to be and that should tell you everything Ariza knows about S&C. BTW anything you ingest orally would still show up on a pee test, it wouldn't show up per se as a specific drug but it would've muddied the waters enough to raise commission questions and lead to an inquiry. Which mind you it never did. At best I will say Ariza was giving Pacquaio wayyyyy too many supplements and wayyyy too many doses of B12. If Freddie really wanted to know what Ariza was giving Pacquaio all he has to do is ask Justin and he could answer it because they are the same drinks he used to give Pacquaio, he just cost several times more than Ariza does. They'll love him at Garcia's gym because this is new to them all but give it two years or so and they see it's the same shhh over and over again..he'll be looking for work again. I will say this, if Pacquaio was on steroids considering his height weight he would've had much more muscle mass than he does. I saw him within arms reach on the Cotto-Pacquaio promo tour..that lil mofo is tiny (width and mass) as hell,probably my wife's size. If that cat was on Roids i'm Shaq and you are Kobe.

I stated I am not always around, I don't know shit about cycling but cycling ain't shit like boxing. I KNOW what goes on with my team and if any s & c did that he would be out. If I ask what's being given to my fighter and the s & c did that he would be removed. I've talked about this to Barry Hunter and Lamont Peterson when I was in Vegas. I speak to Mr Hunter sometimes because I have a fighter who wants to go pro, any reputable trainer would tell you what I said in my previous post. I don't know what goes on in cycling, I know boxing and I know what flies and what doesn't and when the top dog which was Roach ask you something and you don't reveal it, not only are you shady but he should've been canned.

And as for your theory of how small he is, I've seen doping in BOXING, their not always bigger with muscle mass. Some think the TRT that Lamont took was doping and he's taller then me but physically I look like I'd crush him in a fight. That doping shit has all kinds of purposes, I've seen dudes on it before in the ams who are built and some who are Mayweather size

Roach is stupid for even saying this, he painted everyone involved in a bad light. I think he made himself look worse because if he refused to answer your question and you were really worried then you would've had him tossed. Roach is full of shit
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (truth @ Jan 11 2014, 12:20 PM) *
if that's true then why does he keep re signing he clearly can make more money without Bob Arum yet he keeps on signing with them there something wrong with that picture he could just owe arum a bankroll but there's definitely something

Like I said, I knew ROB Arum would try and come to Pac's rescue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncNpj0jXqBs...=youtu.be&a

Manny Pacquiao is as pathetic as Margarito and any other fighter who has cheated this sport, trying to act as if he (Roach and now lying ass Arum and Manny) did not know what he was being given in those "SHAKES" is not fooling anyone who isn't a PacTURD.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 11 2014, 04:27 PM) *
I stated I am not always around, I don't know shit about cycling but cycling ain't shit like boxing. I KNOW what goes on with my team and if any s & c did that he would be out. If I ask what's being given to my fighter and the s & c did that he would be removed. I've talked about this to Barry Hunter and Lamont Peterson when I was in Vegas. I speak to Mr Hunter sometimes because I have a fighter who wants to go pro, any reputable trainer would tell you what I said in my previous post. I don't know what goes on in cycling, I know boxing and I know what flies and what doesn't and when the top dog which was Roach ask you something and you don't reveal it, not only are you shady but he should've been canned.

And as for your theory of how small he is, I've seen doping in BOXING, their not always bigger with muscle mass. Some think the TRT that Lamont took was doping and he's taller then me but physically I look like I'd crush him in a fight. That doping shit has all kinds of purposes, I've seen dudes on it before in the ams who are built and some who are Mayweather size

Roach is stupid for even saying this, he painted everyone involved in a bad light. I think he made himself look worse because if he refused to answer your question and you were really worried then you would've had him tossed. Roach is full of shit

If Roach was as concerned about Pac as he says he is, he wouldn't allow a bad thing to go in his body. Some trainers don't give a shit what a fighter does to themself. Roach implicated himself as well. If your friend commits a crime and you are with them, your ass is an accomplice to the rime, so Freddie is a part of whatever Ariza gave HIS fighter. it also shows how little control Freddie has of his fighter and gym. Remember when Pac wasn't training like Roach wanted him to train? His whole interview explains why Pac's finances are the way they are, because no one knows what is going on. No one is in charge of the ship.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 12 2014, 09:54 PM) *
If Roach was as concerned about Pac as he says he is, he wouldn't allow a bad thing to go in his body. Some trainers don't give a shit what a fighter does to themself. Roach implicated himself as well. If your friend commits a crime and you are with them, your ass is an accomplice to the rime, so Freddie is a part of whatever Ariza gave HIS fighter. it also shows how little control Freddie has of his fighter and gym. Remember when Pac wasn't training like Roach wanted him to train? His whole interview explains why Pac's finances are the way they are, because no one knows what is going on. No one is in charge of the ship.

I said in this thread or in another recently that I question the relationship of Roach and Pacquiao. I don't see how you can say someone is like your son and how you have these deep feelings for him but you see some glaring problems and you don't do anything about it. Maybe he's talked to him about it, I'm not in the Wild Card gym. He may speak to Pacquiao about it and we just don't know but I think in this particular instance he didn't make himself nor Manny nor Arum and TR or Ariza look good

I've never seen a trainer be suspicious of someone giving their fighter anything illegal and still allow that person around their fighter. I can't lie, I've seen it everywhere. PEDs are more prevalent then we know, not just in boxing but in all sports. I've seen some boxers in the gym and they go from mediocre to studs, and that's without putting in the work. It's a guy at a gym I go to sometimes on the north side and we always talk about strategy and game plans and sparring. He was sparring this guy for years, they in the same gym. Always got the better of him, the other guy was good, I've seen him before but he puts minimal effort into it. Then all of a sudden he's sparring my friend and he's hitting like a horse. He was Malinaggi lite with the punching power, coulnd;t break wind now all of a sudden he's hitting like he's Chavez Jr. everyone in the gym suspected but it's not right to accuse so we all left it alone. Sure enough he went out of town with his "new trainer" to a tournament and got caught dirty for PEDs
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 13 2014, 07:25 AM) *
I said in this thread or in another recently that I question the relationship of Roach and Pacquiao. I don't see how you can say someone is like your son and how you have these deep feelings for him but you see some glaring problems and you don't do anything about it. Maybe he's talked to him about it, I'm not in the Wild Card gym. He may speak to Pacquiao about it and we just don't know but I think in this particular instance he didn't make himself nor Manny nor Arum and TR or Ariza look good

I've never seen a trainer be suspicious of someone giving their fighter anything illegal and still allow that person around their fighter. I can't lie, I've seen it everywhere. PEDs are more prevalent then we know, not just in boxing but in all sports. I've seen some boxers in the gym and they go from mediocre to studs, and that's without putting in the work. It's a guy at a gym I go to sometimes on the north side and we always talk about strategy and game plans and sparring. He was sparring this guy for years, they in the same gym. Always got the better of him, the other guy was good, I've seen him before but he puts minimal effort into it. Then all of a sudden he's sparring my friend and he's hitting like a horse. He was Malinaggi lite with the punching power, coulnd;t break wind now all of a sudden he's hitting like he's Chavez Jr. everyone in the gym suspected but it's not right to accuse so we all left it alone. Sure enough he went out of town with his "new trainer" to a tournament and got caught dirty for PEDs

It's a dog and pony show. If Manny could not pay for Roach's services, do you think he would still be there? Paycheck. Freddie got nown off of Pac, which is why everyone and their mama wanted to train with him. Freddie had a terrible year last year, so he to is on the rebound.

When I was playing baseball, these cats was taking any and everything. Sad
Cshel86
Roach is already trying to make Pac look innocent, in the event that this ship sinks. Roach is the vindictive type...so that kick in the stomach from November, could easily be avenged with this "I'm not sure what he was giving Pacquiao" back in the day.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 10 2014, 04:15 PM) *
Ariza has no mandated reason to tell Freddie what he's giving Pacquaio. It's not contractually obligated nor is it an unwritten rule. You see hustlers spilling the beans on their key to success. If Ariza said "Oh i'm giving him ginseng,tang, beet root" what's to stop Roach from hiring some one to just make the drink.My point is that people's assumptions on what Ariza can do is ridiculous. Ariza is practicing someone else's strength and conditioning tactics...he was exposed for it. Justin Fortune I believe is his name. Ariza is a glorified vitamin dealer..minerals and shhh....hell roach even said it "his excercises are always the same, there is nothing new..why keep a guy around who has you doing the same exercise for years on end".

Digi, as a fellow cycling enthusiast, welcome and glad to see you here. As far as the PEDs, you, as well as anyone in this forum, the variations of PEDs are wide and numerous. The biggest parallel b/t boxing and cycling is, neither sport is kind to PED participants who indulge in "mass" gains, but rather the endurance aspect. IMO, if Pac indulged in PEDs, he likely went for good ol' EPO, as the key to Pac's success isn't power as much as his "conditioning", which has shown a significant drop off.

I'll agree, no sport is as dirty as my beloved cycling, to the point, I don't even consider it "dirty" since EVERYONE worth a f*ck in the sport is using.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 13 2014, 09:52 PM) *
Roach is already trying to make Pac look innocent, in the event that this ship sinks. Roach is the vindictive type...so that kick in the stomach from November, could easily be avenged with this "I'm not sure what he was giving Pacquiao" back in the day.

Nothing is avenging that Dragon fly Jones kick, nothing..he got Kenji'd laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 13 2014, 08:49 AM) *
It's a dog and pony show. If Manny could not pay for Roach's services, do you think he would still be there? Paycheck. Freddie got nown off of Pac, which is why everyone and their mama wanted to train with him. Freddie had a terrible year last year, so he to is on the rebound.

When I was playing baseball, these cats was taking any and everything. Sad

He made everyone involved at that point in time with Manny's career look bad. And if we're to believe what Roach is saying, what does that say about his gym? How do we know others weren't doing the same thing

I'm not a fan of gaining an edge that way, I don't know what happened to good ol fashion hard work but it seems it has been replaced by quick fixes and short cuts. Instead of learning the tricks of the trade it's a lot of doping going on. At least in other sports we see punishment for it. Like in MLB, I'm glad the votes for people like Bonds and Mcgwire are dwindling. Raphael Palmero isn't even eligible for the HOF anymore. And I hope Bonds and Mcgwire never get in...but in boxing they will be applauded still and get in to the HOF for the most part
mrchitown
Good read by Ben Thompson on the front page
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2014, 08:49 PM) *

I absolutely HATE that article...just waaaay too many facts for my liking.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 13 2014, 07:52 PM) *

Manny can't be completely innocent if he let and willingly and according to what Aria said, with Roach's knowledge have been possibly taking PEDS.
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2014, 03:08 PM) *
He made everyone involved at that point in time with Manny's career look bad. And if we're to believe what Roach is saying, what does that say about his gym? How do we know others weren't doing the same thing

I'm not a fan of gaining an edge that way, I don't know what happened to good ol fashion hard work but it seems it has been replaced by quick fixes and short cuts. Instead of learning the tricks of the trade it's a lot of doping going on. At least in other sports we see punishment for it. Like in MLB, I'm glad the votes for people like Bonds and Mcgwire are dwindling. Raphael Palmero isn't even eligible for the HOF anymore. And I hope Bonds and Mcgwire never get in...but in boxing they will be applauded still and get in to the HOF for the most part

Remember he ad James Tony and a couple of other fighters juice. Ain't nothing new.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 14 2014, 05:49 PM) *

Very good. Too bad fat ass Dan raefel and Iola haven't picked this shit up. Bitches. And that Kim guy.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2014, 06:03 PM) *

you should read what the Pactards are saying about that reporting. Its all made up and show them the links.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 14 2014, 09:29 PM) *
Manny can't be completely innocent if he let and willingly and according to what Aria said, with Roach's knowledge have been possibly taking PEDS.

Remember he ad James Tony and a couple of other fighters juice. Ain't nothing new.

Very good. Too bad fat ass Dan raefel and Iola haven't picked this shit up. Bitches. And that Kim guy.

you should read what the Pactards are saying about that reporting. Its all made up and show them the links.

He played himself big time with this mess....yes he admitted the Toney situation and a few others. No filter what so ever and it's biting him in the rear now. He's a liar too and I don't believe most of what he says

Iole and Rafael and especially that fat slob Steve Kim are TR nut huggers. But you see the same thing happening with writers who ride GB or writers who ride fighters to stay in their good graces. It's about one or two sites that are neutral. But the way Kim, Iole, and Rafael go out their way to discredit Floyd and question things about him. They haven't once did that with TR, they were saying the Ortiz PPV sold low and that turned out to be a lie then they did it again with the Guerrero fight and asked where's the numbers but they've never did that for these so called top flight PPV numbers of Manny Pacquiao

Don't call them Pactards that makes you look like a Gayweather fan don't feed into that shit. You can put the truth in front of someone and they'll still ignore it, it's a bunch if Alex Rodriguez types nowadays
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 14 2014, 08:03 PM) *

Lol
sduck
Freddie Roach has been selling out his camp since what, 2008? He's always been doing interviews, spilling the beans that goes on behind the scenes. One of the interviews I remember, he actually admitted that their plan was to drain Oscar DLH, so he wouldn't be as dangerous, and goes on and on, spilling out more secrets.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 14 2014, 10:29 PM) *

Hey man, I like Steve Kim...not a bad guy at all. He's one of those "in your face" (over the internet of course) boxing writers...his back and forth spats with Darren Barker were always hilarious. Lol
Thickback
Sad thing about it is, people have consistently ignored a lot of the signs of wrong doing or disfunction within Manny's camp. Besides Fighthype, the general public still blame Floyd for him not fighting Manny. As many times as Arum and Roach have put their feet in their mouths, they almost get away with it repeatedly. If this was an A-Rod or LeBron quote, then this shit would be headline news and the biggest topic on ESPN First Take!!!!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Thickback @ Jan 15 2014, 11:50 PM) *
Sad thing about it is, people have consistently ignored a lot of the signs of wrong doing or disfunction within Manny's camp. Besides Fighthype, the general public still blame Floyd for him not fighting Manny. As many times as Arum and Roach have put their feet in their mouths, they almost get away with it repeatedly. If this was an A-Rod or LeBron quote, then this shit would be headline news and the biggest topic on ESPN First Take!!!!

I've seen other sites place the blame on one party or another and some equally. But the problem is the general public doesn't know what fighthype is or fightnews or boxingscene, etc. All they have to go off of is ESPN and Yahoo sports and the individuals who write for those two entities are in love with Arum and TR
Dolimite
http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-marquez-b...pacquiao--73792

Roach is digging a deeper hole for team Pac. He just admitted that he looks for weaker competition for his fighter and he admitted that Pac has no idea what to do against boxers. The shit keeps getting deeper for this group. Imagine if Mayweather Sr. said this..... Freddie is not helping Pac at all. Then again, people will not care because its All Saint Pac and whatever he does is gold.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 19 2014, 10:55 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/roach-marquez-b...pacquiao--73792

Roach is digging a deeper hole for team Pac. He just admitted that he looks for weaker competition for his fighter and he admitted that Pac has no idea what to do against boxers. The shit keeps getting deeper for this group. Imagine if Mayweather Sr. said this..... Freddie is not helping Pac at all. Then again, people will not care because its All Saint Pac and whatever he does is gold.

bradley would be a tough fight, but i could see provod doing some heavy damage against pac too. freddie shouldn't be so confident in picking the lesser boxer. don't see how pac fans can even hint at a fight with floyd when he keeps choosing the lower tier opponents...kind of the same excuses they've been laying down on mayweather for years
Dolimite
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 19 2014, 08:13 AM) *
bradley would be a tough fight, but i could see provod doing some heavy damage against pac too. freddie shouldn't be so confident in picking the lesser boxer. don't see how pac fans can even hint at a fight with floyd when he keeps choosing the lower tier opponents...kind of the same excuses they've been laying down on mayweather for years

Pac is innocent and fights for the people while FMJ is a bitch ass dude who fights for money and everyone he fights is a cherry pick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.