Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Duel HBO/Showtime Card-Saturday, January 25, 2014!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
Showtime and HBO Duel Cards Saturday January 25, 2014

Showtime-Lamont Peterson vs. Dierry Jean. (Jean is an undefeated Canadian prospect)

Gabriel Rosato vs. Jermell Charlo

HBO-Miguel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos

Artur Szpilka vs. Bryan Jennings

Credit: http://fightnights.com/upcoming-boxing-schedule

Preview and discuss.

Jack
Cshel86
Just realized that Jean is the guy who knocked Cleotis Pendarvis out a few months ago on ShoBox. I remember Pendarvis being on the FH radio show, and he sounded like he was ready, when he spoke of how "in shape" he was. He fought a good fight, but Jean cleaned his clock bad. THAT just made the Peterson fight that much more interesting to me.

As for the Garcia/Burgos fight...it should he interesting. I wanna see how Garcia deals with the height and body work from Burgos. I remember Burgos gave Martinez hell last April, but Mikey isn't really the type to give a stalker an open invitation to get in his space.

Charlo/Roasado (on the Peterson card) should be interesting. I wanna ask whether or not Charlo is ready for this fight, and something tells me that I shouldn't feel bad for wondering that. He's poised and sticks to the game plan, so hopefully it'll go the distance. I'd also have to question how Rosado performs at 154 at this point, but it's been 1 year and two fights (maybe 3) since he moved up to MW.
Jack 1000
I think both cards are good, but HBO's is the better of the two and when is the last time we could say that!

For Showtime:

Because the Peterson fight is in Lamon't DC hometown-Jean needs a KO/TKO to win. They will probably go with a hometown ref and at least two DC judges.

Charlo wins a tough one. He's being brought in to win, but Rosato makes him work the whole time.

For HBO:

Garcia in a mid to late round stoppage over tough Burgos

Szpilka-Jennings will be a war! Jennings takes a decision but has to work for the win.

I don't sense upsets on either of these cards' fights. But no opponents are coming to lay down. These are good fights with the potential to be great.

Jack
mrchitown
I'll find a way to watch both, no biggie lol
mgrover
jean seems like he can drop Peterson, but we know Peterson fights harder coming back, we'll aside from against The Machine
Thickback
Dammit I work that weekend....I'll DVR both and stay off the internet until I get home and watch both programs.
klonopinz
gaby aint win a single fight last year, i think 2014 might be his year, but then again, maybe hes destined to be a gatekeeper. I see mikey garcia looking awesome in this fight as usual. burgos really beat martinez last year in almost everyones opinion ho saw it. and that was actualy one year ago on the rosado golovkin/ gracia salido card. its great to see philly fighters getting exposure. cant wait
AZWildCat
Both cards look ok but only worried about catching the Peterson vs Jean fight and
charlo vs rasado
The Original MrFactor
Never saw an Bryan Jennings fight. There s a buzz about him right now. The little I saw of him reminded me of a prime HW Holyfield. Looking forward to seeing some fresh blood in the HW division.
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 13 2014, 03:12 AM) *
Never saw an Bryan Jennings fight. There s a buzz about him right now. The little I saw of him reminded me of a prime HW Holyfield. Looking forward to seeing some fresh blood in the HW division.

He's good, under sized for a HW but he makes up for it with determination, work ethic and skills. You haven't watched those NBC cards. He was a frequent fighter on there. He only fought once last year though
AZWildCat
Charlo-rasado: kinda like Charlotte said we'll see if his face holds up. If so be ready for bell yo bell action. I can't pick a clear winner cause this is were Charlo lets us know he's ready for bigger things and rasado a quillen rematch.

Peterson-Jean: WAR.

garcia-burgos: burgos hits a little harder than Martinez but that shouldn't matter. Mike will out box Virgos and possibly make a late stoppage. But
AZWildCat
A wrench can be easliy thrown so don't get set on anything.

Jennings-spkilsa: don't know to much about Jennings but I've seen numerous spikilsa highlights ...don't blink. Spkilsa late stoppage or UD
MAHDI
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 11 2014, 07:35 PM) *
jean seems like he can drop Peterson, but we know Peterson fights harder coming back, we'll aside from against The Machine

Peterson did not seem right against Matthyse.. he looked weak, dry.. I am interested in seeing how he does...
klonopinz
i got think jean might pull off another mathysse type situation. i see rosado stopping charlo, at least a knockdown. i see mikey going the distance with burgos, and i see jennings outboxing spizlka in a boring fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.