Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charlo twins
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Kratza
The Charlo twins (Jermall and Jermell) are both looking to have breakout years in 2014 with Jermell fighting Rosado and Jermall looking to fight Carlos Molina. How do you think they'll do in these fights which are the toughest of their careers and do you think they have superstar potential?
AZWildCat
The rasado fight should be a damn good one. It will let you know where he's at it the competition pool. Sort if a ok yum ready for the gate keeper fight. Molina is nit gonna be easy to crack. Es gonna text fundamentals and make hi work for it. Molina feels he should be fighting bigger names and he should. If they both continue to win impressively they will end up being the klitsckos of the middle weight division. Being twins on top of being brothers does that .. but only time will tell
Cshel86
The whole "twin" situation is a marketing tool, so they're okay for now (in that aspect). As for these fights this year...ehhh...something's telling me that they're biting off more than they can chew, but shit, they have to step up at some point, right?

They're both solid and disciplined fighters...question is, can they maintain that IF they're forced out of their comfort zone? I guess that same question can be asked every prospect on the rise. My biggest compliment for these two is the fact that they're stepping up in competition...unlike that Gary Russell dude.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 16 2014, 08:37 AM) *
The whole "twin" situation is a marketing tool, so they're okay for now (in that aspect). As for these fights this year...ehhh...something's telling me that they're biting off more than they can chew, but shit, they have to step up at some point, right?

They're both solid and disciplined fighters...question is, can they maintain that IF they're forced out of their comfort zone? I guess that same question can be asked every prospect on the rise. My biggest compliment for these two is the fact that they're stepping up in competition...unlike that Gary Russell dude.

The Charlo twins have the potential to be a force in boxing. The only question is will they? I'm not sure tbh but on their path to the championship level they will make for some interesting fights

Your never going to let GRJ sleep easy
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 16 2014, 09:50 AM) *
The Charlo twins have the potential to be a force in boxing. The only question is will they? I'm not sure tbh but on their path to the championship level they will make for some interesting fights

Your never going to let GRJ sleep easy

That IS the question...will they? I surely hope so, but I guess we'll find out this year. Do you think they'll be able to stay on top, under Shields's tutelage?

As for GRJ...he's let us sleep long enough...it's clear that he wont do much in the sport at this pace. It's bad enough that it isn't much to fight for in the lower divisions, but to be inactive or be active while fighting substitute teachers, is detrimental to his career at this point. If he comes back and becomes active, he may have to move up sooner than he wants, because the competition (read: money fights) are at the higher weights.
ryustuh
big step up for both brothers. i think jermell has the tougher fight in front of him than jermall, but props to both brothers for facing stronger opposition. rosado still looks hungry, and an L to an up and comer could possibly cut his career short esp after the recent losses to kid choc and ggg - gabe should be motivated enough to put on a good show. nothing about molina impresses me too much except that he's tough and can withstand some punishment. i see jermall outboxing/outpointing him. def will be interesting to see how the twins' futures will play out.
Dolimite
I have been saying this shit for a year. I think Jermall is more talented than Jermell. plus Jermall shitted on Ishe Smith. It was actually funny. I love the Charlos.
Jovi
Jermall has haircut and Jermell has dreads right? Well if so then i Agree i think Jermall is better as well but just by a pinch. Only because Hopkins really exposed some kinks in Jermell's armor, that Hopkins fight almost slipped out of his hands.

Props to both of them for taking competitive fights, they must be confident and ready. Perfect fight for both of them, both will really be tested, and IF both win then they'll be with the top 10 in the division. I'm giving the slight edge to both of them, but by no means will it be easy for either of them. Rosado makes people work and Molina comes to win.

I see one of them fighting Lara soon, and whichever fights Ishe will KO him<-- would be perfect for a Mayweather undercard. 2014 will be good for the Charlo twins
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 16 2014, 09:10 AM) *
That IS the question...will they? I surely hope so, but I guess we'll find out this year. Do you think they'll be able to stay on top, under Shields's tutelage?

As for GRJ...he's let us sleep long enough...it's clear that he wont do much in the sport at this pace. It's bad enough that it isn't much to fight for in the lower divisions, but to be inactive or be active while fighting substitute teachers, is detrimental to his career at this point. If he comes back and becomes active, he may have to move up sooner than he wants, because the competition (read: money fights) are at the higher weights.

I think Shields is and will continue to guide then just fine, he's world class all the way around. I just don't want to see them moved up to swiftly. Fighting Gabe is no cake walk and I don't care which one of them it is, trying to fight Molina is playing with fire. At least their stepping up though instead of blowing smoke up the public's asses. They truly want to be great and they're going to be a tough out for who ever they fight

GRJ...I thought he had a title shot coming. I know he's the mandatory for somebody's belt, I'm a fan and I went from watching all his fights to reading the results in boxing sites to not even knowing when the last time he fought was
Kratza
I agree with everything said so far an do agree Jermall is better than Jermell and he seemingly has more power too, obviously they aren't ready for the top fighters at the 154 and 160 weight classes so these are good choices in terms of opponents although I do believe Rosado will give Jermell all he can handle
mgrover
Am happy with these two as long they don't do no klitschko bullshit and not fight each other if there the top.
Jovi
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 16 2014, 03:50 PM) *
Am happy with these two as long they don't do no klitschko bullshit and not fight each other if there the top.

What?!?! You EXPECT two brothers to fight eachother? You would fight your brother in the professional ranks for money?... Rule #7 "Keep your family and your business completely seperated."
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jan 16 2014, 06:34 PM) *
You would fight your brother in the professional ranks for money?

I'd beat my big bro ass for what they've offered Wald & vitali!

Its been done for free regarding power ..(I ain't win em all)...but for millions I carve em up real nice ...lol.

Wald and vitali can miss me wit that shit!
mgrover
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jan 16 2014, 10:34 PM) *
What?!?! You EXPECT two brothers to fight eachother? You would fight your brother in the professional ranks for money?... Rule #7 "Keep your family and your business completely seperated."

it's not about for money tbh, I'd do it for pure legacy purposes, my best friend he was more or less my brother, we fought each other a lot, there was never any bad blood, no matter who came off worse, we were both doing what we loved, and we weren't making any money, it was the simple I beat him.
checkleft
So far they have beaten guys they were suppose to. Now let's find out if they got the goods... I've seen then fight live and on tv, i think they are a little raw still
Gambit808
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 16 2014, 07:20 PM) *

Its been done for free regarding power ..(I ain't win em all)...but for millions I carve em up real nice ...lol.

Lol, what if younger brother thaw off and whoop older brothers ass. You don't think their relationship would be a bit different knowing he have to acknowledge him now as "little big brother" lol. I don't think he'd like that even while knowing the money they gained from the fight came at a price of Wladimir whooping his ass. Vitale the protective older over Wlad, a fight as well as a loss would strain there relationship a bit no matter the money IMO.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 16 2014, 09:19 PM) *
Lol, what if younger brother thaw off and whoop older brothers ass. You don't think their relationship would be a bit different knowing he have to acknowledge him now as "little big brother" lol. I don't think he'd like that even while knowing the money they gained from the fight came at a price of Wladimir whooping his ass. Vitale the protective older over Wlad, a fight as well as a loss would strain there relationship a bit no matter the money IMO.

I see where you coming from but lets be real how many brothers (sisters. For that matter) have you known not fight for less petty. Bullshit..illl wait.... not to damn many.

But as the saying goes....... ma..ma.. mama said!
Gambit808
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 16 2014, 09:39 PM) *
I see where you coming from but lets be real how many brothers (sisters. For that matter) have you known not fight for less petty. Bullshit..illl wait.... not to damn many.

But as the saying goes....... ma..ma.. mama said!

I Read you, but to exploit that to the public for money and entertainment is taking it bit above and beyond. It's like dealing with the after effects of being seen on worldstarhiphop getting fucked up and everyone u know seen it lol. Then u gotta explain why u did it, while your sibling lives in shame as the weaker of the two.
AZWildCat
Ok the worldstar anaology did it lmao.
mrchitown
Fuck worldstar
truth
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 16 2014, 09:37 AM) *

Gary Russell who
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 17 2014, 01:06 AM) *
Fuck worldstar

Lol why fuck worldstar Chi?
truth
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 16 2014, 07:20 PM) *

Man thats funny i know me and my bro did for free
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 16 2014, 11:17 PM) *
Lol why fuck worldstar Chi?

That site has nothing to do with hip hop. It's a reflection if everything that's wrong with our youth and society today. When was coming up, if you fought in the presence of adults you better be quick and get your licks off because it was getting broken up quick, now you got these teens and adults watching people get beaten and filming the shit.

And the dude who runs world star is a clown, he charge people for them joints. Alot of people don't know that. You got to pay $2,500 to be on the front page, if you a rapper with a mix tape you got to pay. He has model calls in different cities and then charges the chick's to be featured. He ain't uplifting the culture or the people he's a vulture. I'm all for #blackexcellence not that monkey stuff that Q portrays
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 17 2014, 12:35 AM) *
That site has nothing to do with hip hop. It's a reflection if everything that's wrong with our youth and society today. When was coming up, if you fought in the presence of adults you better be quick and get your licks off because it was getting broken up quick, now you got these teens and adults watching people get beaten and filming the shit.

And the dude who runs world star is a clown, he charge people for them joints. Alot of people don't know that. You got to pay $2,500 to be on the front page, if you a rapper with a mix tape you got to pay. He has model calls in different cities and then charges the chick's to be featured. He ain't uplifting the culture or the people he's a vulture. I'm all for #blackexcellence not that monkey stuff that Q portrays

Didn't. Know he was doing em like that
The boycott has begun then...
and mediatakeout to the list also

But I feel you on the fights one on ones are extinct and kids that ain't wanting to fight is getting thrown in the pit regardless ...which is not the biz....
Jovi
Well first off Chi, its WORLD-STAR-HIPHOP.. So its dealing global, celebrity, and hip hop. I dont know if its supposed to be news, but thats what the criteria is for website. Its not even about Black people (other than dude who runs it) but for some reason we've embraced it.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jan 17 2014, 04:56 AM) *
Well first off Chi, its WORLD-STAR-HIPHOP.. So its dealing global, celebrity, and hip hop. I dont know if its supposed to be news, but thats what the criteria is for website. Its not even about Black people (other than dude who runs it) but for some reason we've embraced it.

Jovi I know what it is. It's not hip hop so i left it out just like the Zulu nation whose trying to get the site shutdown that's an alleged hip hop site. You don't put hip hop in something that's night. They've embraced it not we. I'm a different class of people, I don't shuck in jive like those who visit that site
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 17 2014, 12:42 AM) *
Didn't. Know he was doing em like that
The boycott has begun then...
and mediatakeout to the list also

But I feel you on the fights one on ones are extinct and kids that ain't wanting to fight is getting thrown in the pit regardless ...which is not the biz....

MTO is the worse, they report stuff that's false. Most of the stuff on that site has been proving to be false, the only time the truth is posted on their site is when they pay for it

My issue with worldstar is it claims to be a hip hop site but it's not. I don't see what's celebrity like or global about a fight in STL or the WSHH vixens stuff. The ones who ain't well known have to pay. The videos he posts, they have to have at least 4k hits for it to be featured on his site. You can Google it, the Zulu nation and 50 exposed his business practices. He gets no love here in Chicago, none. I've never heard anything positive about that site. I've obviously been on it before and is the worse

Allhiphop that's a hip hop site that's actually global, sohh.com, hiphopdx, realtalkny, those are hip hop sites that push the culture forward and don't promote standing and watching negativity....they won't fight one on one no more, they'll jump somebody and record it. like that's going to bring them instant fame. Just see for yourself, it's disgisting videos of men hitting women and dudes being there and recording it instead of breaking it up. There's nothing positive about what that guy does
Gambit808
Chi do have a point though, what makes it even worst from the point he's making is the people who go on there and comment in support of those videos. I don't know any other site with a more worst trolling problem than that one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 17 2014, 12:06 AM) *
Fuck worldstar

I concur...this "hip-hop" part needs to be taken out...it can just be "world star tv" or something equally baseless.

QUOTE (truth @ Jan 17 2014, 12:11 AM) *
Gary Russell who

Dude really needs to be on a milk carton...for real. Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 16 2014, 10:06 PM) *
Fuck worldstar

Amen! And those damn Watson twins promote the shit out of that site, speaking of which, what is their official roll? And I hate the way they dress.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 17 2014, 11:04 AM) *
Amen! And those damn Watson twins promote the shit out of that site, speaking of which, what is their official roll? And I hate the way they dress.

It's an interview with them talking about what they do, I just can't remember the name of the site
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 17 2014, 09:02 AM) *
Chi do have a point though, what makes it even worst from the point he's making is the people who go on there and comment in support of those videos. I don't know any other site with a more worst trolling problem than that one.

Absolutely terrible, there's nothing positive or uplifting about it. Why would I care about a group of gang members who shoot a paranormal activity style video saying they hate chief keef? It's just bufoonery all across the board. Then like you said, you got the commenters on them videos. It's sad but it's a market for seemingly anything
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 17 2014, 09:48 AM) *
I concur...this "hip-hop" part needs to be taken out...it can just be "world star tv" or something equally baseless.

Dude really needs to be on a milk carton...for real. Lol

Zulu nation been going at the site very aggressively. And 50 checked the dude Q, whose the owner hard body. He told him to take some video down because it was supposedly fake, the dude Q, wouldn't and 50 put them people on him. The site was shutdown for a few days after that. Ain't nothing good about that website

We may have to ease up on the boy GRJ. Apparently GB tried to get him an interim fight and it he was offered GRJ but refused. Now he's bitching about having to sit out until May or June but won't fight GRJ, whose in line for the winner of the fight. Maybe he figured he'd get worked over, I'd take GRJ over Jhinny
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.