Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FLOYD VS KHAN??? Anyone out there interested....
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
SylentKnghtz
Im just really curious how many boxing fans are really interested in this fight and wouldn't a Maidana fight have been better?
The Original MrFactor
Not at all...
mgrover
curious how Floyd would deal with Khans speed and if Virgil can actually make someone better thats not Andre Ward. Other than that, we all know the result, Mayweather via TKO/Decision.
Cshel86
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2014, 06:50 AM) *

Put this in your record, I didn't start this thread. And for the record, this is a shit fight.
TXboxingfan
I won't be paying for it
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 21 2014, 06:20 AM) *
Not at all...

Although Floyd hasn't officially stated, looks like he will be fighting Khan... but how does that make any $en$e whatsoever? Floyd's "BigBoss" can't possibly think that it would make any real money. It's not a competitive fight, Khan DOESN'T have a huge fan base anymore, He really didnt to begin with. I would be more than happy to see what Maidana can do with Floyd, Khan it's NOT a pay per view fight.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (TXboxingfan @ Jan 21 2014, 10:12 AM) *
I won't be paying for it

I believe a GREAT majority of the boxing fans will be happy to make it an extremely "budget friendly entertainment expense", almost free would be good. I am sure most of us are happy to pay full price and go all out for great entertainment, not this crap.
sduck
Khan would be a tough fight for Floyd, given the reach and hand speed, it'd be interesting to see how Floyd deals with that kind of pressure, especially in this stage of his career. Floyd would easily outbox Maidana and make him look completely stale. A fight with Amir Khan is more interesting, plus Khan is more known than Maidana.
kej718
I'm going to watch it anyway because I am a fan of Floyds
1. Garcia would have been my first chooice but he is not moving up yet
2. Maidana is fighting Broner again
3. Bradley is with HBO and Top Rank (hope to see this in the future) same goes for Pac

So who else is there Porter? Thurman? (They may be fighting each other, and the winner would be another good future opponent for Floyd)

Khan is known in the sport has a win over Barrera, Maidana, Malignaggi, Judah, should have won against Peterson, Julio Diaz who fought to a draw against Porter.
Do I think Khan deserves it more than the 3 guys that I listed? No not really but Garcia, Bradley, and Maidana are not available. If Khan fought Alexander and won not to many people would be complaining about this fight. Floyd is fighting twice this year so that also makes it tougher to find him an opponent that can sell PPV.

If not Khan then who at 147 realistically?
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2014, 07:11 AM) *
curious how Floyd would deal with Khans speed and if Virgil can actually make someone better thats not Andre Ward. Other than that, we all know the result, Mayweather via TKO/Decision.

I cant possibly see how Khan can improve, he has looked horrible in particular moments in his last few fights, yes the kid has hand speed, but that's it. To beat Floyd you need angles, in and out along with head movement, descent speed will suffice,a solid chin, and timing with a solid punch and ah yes if all else fails stamina for the later rounds. Virgil is good but you can't really teach commitment to punching through and strengthening a "glass jaw". Maidana would 100 times be better for a competitive fight, I would pay for this fight; Floyd-Khan exhibition fight at best... definitely NOT worth my money.
DigitalBoom
Well it's a better fight than to see him against another flat footed plodder. Amir's biggest issue is his chin but he's a technical fighter and his career has been based on that because he isn't a real power puncher. So it's not just power facing Floyd this time..I think had Amir not been rocked so many times it would make for a compelling fight but he's always one punch away from doing the harlem shake but in comparison at least he might get off his combo's and who knows shock the the world but he's got a better chance than a brawler that much we can all agree with I believe. Really not interested in more fights with guys who need to always reset to punch.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (kej718 @ Jan 21 2014, 11:29 AM) *
3. Bradley is with HBO and Top Rank (hope to see this in the future) same goes for Pac

So who else is there Porter? Thurman? (They may be fighting each other, and the winner would be another good future opponent for Floyd)

Khan is known in the sport has a win over Barrera, Maidana, Malignaggi, Judah, should have won against Peterson, Julio Diaz who fought to a draw against Porter.
Do I think Khan deserves it more than the 3 guys that I listed? No not really but Garcia, Bradley, and Maidana are not available. If Khan fought Alexander and won not to many people would be complaining about this fight. Floyd is fighting twice this year so that also makes it tougher to find him an opponent that can sell PPV.

Most of us will probably end up watching it one way or another, no doubt... but the PPV#'s are not going to reflect it. I am always happy to pay for great entertainment. This fight however is like tipping a waiter 25% knowing I will only get mediocre service at best, only difference is that I'd be tipping FIRST which is silly for me to do. Can you imagine if this business actually work that way? Where we could pay for we actually want to watch and tip according to their performance I'd bet we would be indulged with a lot more competitive fights and we wouldn't have to deal with these "lazy-space-fillers" types of matchups.

I would much rather see Floyd-Maidana, yes Khan beat Maidana but this is not the same Maidana that he fought back then. In fact, I would like to see a rematch later, and I am sure Maidana would destroy Khan. Anyhow, realistically speaking you asked who could he fight? Maidana. Broner, Maidana, including Floyd are all under the same umbrella... and it's funny that the same powers that be coincidenlty materialize a "rematch clause" for a one-sided fight that no one wants to see at least not now anyway, but again it was only brought up right around the same time that Maidana's name was pulling ahead as far as who the boxing fans wanted to see Floyd fight next and as far as I know, the Broner-Maidana fight has not been officially signed and sealed and neither has the Floyd-Khan, so to me "they" are still trying to feel things out because the "BigBoss" wants to make the most profitable matchup without putting their cash cow at risk.

Here are my matchups that would work well all the way around: (assuming Oritz gets by Collazo) Ortiz-Broner, Maidana-Floyd, Khan-Brook and then you could have all kinds of mix-n-matches including exciting rematches.

Dolimite
QUOTE (sduck @ Jan 21 2014, 09:03 AM) *
Khan would be a tough fight for Floyd, given the reach and hand speed, it'd be interesting to see how Floyd deals with that kind of pressure, especially in this stage of his career. Floyd would easily outbox Maidana and make him look completely stale. A fight with Amir Khan is more interesting, plus Khan is more known than Maidana.

Floyd will deal with Khan's speed just like Diaz, Peterson, and Garcia dealt with it. Khan is the stupidest that damn boxer next to Ortiz to date. Actually that is a fight I rather see.

QUOTE (kej718 @ Jan 21 2014, 09:29 AM) *

In the words of my boy Lee Corso, NOT SO FAST! No contract has been signed and Floyd and his team said that Maidana and Khan are his top two picks.

I would rather see May fight Bradley then I would the Pac fight.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ Jan 21 2014, 12:09 PM) *
Well it's a better fight than to see him against another flat footed plodder. Amir's biggest issue is his chin but he's a technical fighter and his career has been based on that because he isn't a real power puncher. So it's not just power facing Floyd this time..I think had Amir not been rocked so many times it would make for a compelling fight but he's always one punch away from doing the harlem shake but in comparison at least he might get off his combo's and who knows shock the the world but he's got a better chance than a brawler that much we can all agree with I believe. Really not interested in more fights with guys who need to always reset to punch.

I couldn't class Maidana as flat footed now, in fact... he move quite well against broner easily cutting the ring off on him, I saw head movement faints and angles. Maidana has much improved since he got with Garcia, he always had the "it", but now he is doing "it" better. A few right hand leads from Floyd will have Khan doubting himself and go on survival mode skipping clamping pushing probably by the 3rd and then just try to come on the championship rounds, that's it that would be the fight, Floyd wins by UD. To challenge Floyd u need headmovement, angles, in and out, a solid chin just incase and commitment to punches, punching before, while and after getting tagged. That's all Miadana right there... only factor stamina, Maidana can improve on that, it is physically possible thru training... becoming relentless and acquiring a solid jaw is not.
mgrover
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 21 2014, 05:47 PM) *
I cant possibly see how Khan can improve, he has looked horrible in particular moments in his last few fights, yes the kid has hand speed, but that's it. To beat Floyd you need angles, in and out along with head movement, descent speed will suffice,a solid chin, and timing with a solid punch and ah yes if all else fails stamina for the later rounds. Virgil is good but you can't really teach commitment to punching through and strengthening a "glass jaw". Maidana would 100 times be better for a competitive fight, I would pay for this fight; Floyd-Khan exhibition fight at best... definitely NOT worth my money.

Look at what Alexander did to Maidana and see. Sure he's improved because he hasn't really fought any pure boxers. He'll lose worse than Khan, atleast Khan brings elements we haven't seen for a while.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 08:24 AM) *
Put this in your record, I didn't start this thread. And for the record, this is a shit fight.

Yeah I know, I still ain't over you causing me to lose $100. Thanks for nothing ass hole
mrchitown
QUOTE (kej718 @ Jan 21 2014, 11:29 AM) *

This...Danny is the only one outside of Bradley that truly deserves a fight with Mayweather. Maidana hasn't done shit except beat Broner, which was big but he beat Karrass and Josesito previously. he's not exactly setting the world on fire TBH.

When I look at it now though I'd rather the fight go to Khan because of those comments by Maidana and his team. He made about the rematch clause for the fight with Broner and now he can't train because his girl is pregnant and he wants to be there. That was understandable, until he and his team started and still are pushing for the Mayweather fight. I find it odd he can;t fight on the 26th of April but he can make it 7 days later...he and his team are full of shit. Fight Broner again, win and get the shot. Still don't think Khan earned it but I hope Marcos don't get it
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 12:39 PM) *
[b]Floyd will deal with Khan's speed just like Diaz, Peterson, and Garcia dealt with it.[/b] Khan is the stupidest that damn boxer next to Ortiz to date. Actually that is a fight I rather see.

In the words of my boy Lee Corso, NOT SO FAST! No contract has been signed and Floyd and his team said that Maidana and Khan are his top two picks.

I would rather see May fight Bradley then I would the Pac fight.

I keep hearing that from fans that Khan's speed will trouble Floyd. That's not a given, you beat speed by timing. His speed has done him in at times, like against Lamont and Danny. That's not exactly an advantage it could be a disadvantage
truth
First i don't like this fight it will be a better fight than Madiana in my opinion because Khan is better technically than madiana but the reason i don't like it is Floyd needs to ko this guy and i feel if doesnt he gets robbed. As crazy as it sounds i think that's what happens i want to see him fight Martinez they still havent confirmed that fight yet with cotto yet
checkleft
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 21 2014, 02:52 PM) *
I couldn't class Maidana as flat footed now, in fact... he move quite well against broner easily cutting the ring off on him, I saw head movement faints and angles. Maidana has much improved since he got with Garcia, he always had the "it", but now he is doing "it" better. A few right hand leads from Floyd will have Khan doubting himself and go on survival mode skipping clamping pushing probably by the 3rd and then just try to come on the championship rounds, that's it that would be the fight, Floyd wins by UD. To challenge Floyd u need headmovement, angles, in and out, a solid chin just incase and commitment to punches, punching before, while and after getting tagged. That's all Miadana right there... only factor stamina, Maidana can improve on that, it is physically possible thru training... becoming relentless and acquiring a solid jaw is not.

Broner is not Floyd. Maidana hasn't fought anyone on floyds level, not even close. Sure he can cut off the ring against guys like khan and broner who go straight back, or in khans case literally run.
Cshel86
Damn, I wish guys would leave the idea of a Martinez fight alone. Sheesh, before you know it, guys are gonna want Floyd to fight at 168. Just let it go and think logically for a change...
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 09:13 AM) *
Damn, I wish guys would leave the idea of a Martinez fight alone. Sheesh, before you know it, guys are gonna want Floyd to fight at 168. Just let it go and think logically for a change...

yeah that's that BS right there!! it's like he's the only fighter who has to continually prove his greatness by moving up to every weight class to face all the biggest and best fighters, no other WW is required to do that except Mayweather.

Floyd will beat the brakes off of Khan (handspeed or no handspeed).
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 07:13 AM) *

Why are you making fun of Da Professor?

Floyd could fight damn a heavy weight and they would still bitch.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2014, 01:21 PM) *
Look at what Alexander did to Maidana and see. Sure he's improved because he hasn't really fought any pure boxers. He'll lose worse than Khan, atleast Khan brings elements we haven't seen for a while.

If you are referring to Alexander's "superior clinching" skills well then yeah Floyd possesses that skill as well, but you do know those are technically fouls, it's not part of boxing according to the actual rules, and without referees actually doing there jobs, I am ok with seeing more headbutting. I want to see Floyd try to pull that crap on Maidana. But seriously, Khan-Floyd would be more of exhibition fight, not competitive... how do we not already know that Floyd won't pull the trigger on Khan and instead outpoint him and Khan as soon as he gets tagged by right-hand leads will just start running and clinching, that's it thats your fight right there.

Maidana on the other hand has the power to knock Floyd down, he has the work rate to catch Floyd while he gets flusted being bombarded by combos coming from different angles and if Maidana works on his in-n-out movement he can become Floyd's problem. Unless you are trying to help Floyd keep his undefeated status, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to see Maidana-Floyd. Maidana can knock down, knock out Floyd... Khan cannot plus has a glass chin.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 22 2014, 11:51 AM) *
If you are referring to Alexander's "superior clinching" skills well then yeah Floyd possesses that skill as well, but you do know those are technically fouls, it's not part of boxing according to the actual rules, and without referees actually doing there jobs, I am ok with seeing more headbutting. I want to see Floyd try to pull that crap on Maidana. But seriously, Khan-Floyd would be more of exhibition fight, not competitive... how do we not already know that Floyd won't pull the trigger on Khan and instead outpoint him and Khan as soon as he gets tagged by right-hand leads will just start running and clinching, that's it thats your fight right there.

Maidana on the other hand has the power to knock Floyd down, he has the work rate to catch Floyd while he gets flusted being bombarded by combos coming from different angles and if Maidana works on his in-n-out movement he can become Floyd's problem. Unless you are trying to help Floyd keep his undefeated status, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to see Maidana-Floyd. Maidana can knock down, knock out Floyd... Khan cannot plus has a glass chin.

Maidana is too slow and predictable to get in and out vs Floyd, plus he has stamina issues which you cannot afford to have vs Mayweather because he'll explode and take you out. I think you are overrating Maidana's power too much or underrating Floyd's chin too much; either way I can't see the slow/plodding Marcos being able to outmaneuver Mayweather.

Clinching isn't a foul, excessive clinching is only if the Referee enforces it. I've never seen Floyd clinch excessively for the record. Khan is technically better than Maidana but he doesn't have the firepower or offensive output that Marcos has.
Dolimite
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 22 2014, 10:51 AM) *

I like Marcos but I am not living in the land of delusional either. Marcos fought a lightweight barely a jr welterweight. Broner got caught by a great punch, however Broner isn't use to welterweights punches. Mayweather has taken hits from Judah, Chop Chop, Mosley, Cotto, and Augustus. He can take a punch. Please don't think that Maidana hit harder than any of those guys. I'm not not saying Maidana can't catch Floyd because anything can happen in boxing but come on.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 21 2014, 09:44 PM) *
This...Danny is the only one outside of Bradley that truly deserves a fight with Mayweather. Maidana hasn't done shit except beat Broner, which was big but he beat Karrass and Josesito previously. he's not exactly setting the world on fire TBH.

When I look at it now though I'd rather the fight go to Khan because of those comments by Maidana and his team. He made about the rematch clause for the fight with Broner and now he can't train because his girl is pregnant and he wants to be there. That was understandable, until he and his team started and still are pushing for the Mayweather fight. I find it odd he can;t fight on the 26th of April but he can make it 7 days later...he and his team are full of shit. Fight Broner again, win and get the shot. Still don't think Khan earned it but I hope Marcos don't get it

Floyd broner Maidana are all under the same umbrella, Maidana was easily being favored over Khan in a Floyd fight, and between the two (going by there last few fights) Maidana definitely would be the one that deserves the shot. Simple-Maidana will put Floyd to work, we could see Floyd's first knock down, ko... his first loss, that is very plausible. Khan knocking out, knocking down Floyd is highly improbable the best he could do is try to outwork Floyd, but yeah right that wont happen either, that being said, all of a sudden this "rematch clause" materializes. To me it didn't exist at first, otherwise someone would have mentioned it right after the fight, something... and so it would be "shooting themselves in the foot" if they just straight up go against the "BigBoss", so to me they are doing the next best thing to stall until they get the fight they actually deserve over Khan. Plus a broner-Maidana rematch???? when has anyone wanted to see a rematch for a fight that was so one-sided. Canelo didn't nearly get a beat down against Floyd like broner did but no one is clamoring for a rematch either;including myself. This is all BS.

So because all of this is taking place and Maidana is looking for a way to get to the fight he deserves you are stating that would be enough of a reason why Khan should get the fight with no other logical reason behind it. I seriously feel people are trying to protect a boxer when they are okaying lazy fights. A Maidana fight is C L E A R L Y a more competitive fight than a Khan fight would be plus it would make more money, it's not just Argentinians that would pay to watch this fight, it would be all the real boxing fans here in the U.S, and a huge percentage of Latin america especially big boxing enthusiasts in Mexico and Puerto Rico including everyone that despises broner's character and Floyds style of boxing and there are a whole lot of those, plus I am sure the fact that chino is Chinese in Spanish (which btw I am sure Maidana is from Asian descent), the Asian boxing community will lay some claim to Chino and give him their support.... point being there is WHOLE LOT more money in a Maidana fight over Khan. COME ON, REALLY???The choice could not be any easier. Competitiveness and Money-simple.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 22 2014, 12:29 PM) *
Maidana is too slow and predictable to get in and out vs Floyd, plus he has stamina issues which you cannot afford to have vs Mayweather because he'll explode and take you out. I think you are overrating Maidana's power too much or underrating Floyd's chin too much; either way I can't see the slow/plodding Marcos being able to outmaneuver Mayweather.

Clinching isn't a foul, excessive clinching is only if the Referee enforces it. I've never seen Floyd clinch excessively for the record. Khan is technically better than Maidana but he doesn't have the firepower or offensive output that Marcos has.

Maidana can work on introducing in and out movement, he looks slow because he always packing a punch, but he's not that slow, plus he's been working on time rather than speed which would counter act Floyds speed. Broner didnt have a glass chin before Maidana yes he was coming up in weight and whatever, Maidana is known for knock outs I dont think I am overating anything... also I also am not underatting Floyd's chin, he rarely gets connected squarely on the chin but the few times that he has I have seen him stagger and woble (Hatton, Zab, Mosely, and I think Ortiz to name a few). Maidana doesn't have to outmaneuver Floyd, he just has to keep him jumping by firing combos to body head and not preoccupy himself with wasting punches on the ropes ... to beat Floyd you have to give him enough real estate so that he can instinctively take flight and that's when you catch him wont go into exact details but thats when you would. Maidana biggest asset (aside his power) is his confidence behind his punches, he commits to punches,,,before, while, and after getting tagged. The most effective tool Floyd would use, which I hate because it's not boxing is "clinching" like he did with Hatton and Ortiz, both boxer's with an excellent work rate and yes Floyd was clinching excessively in those fights with very very little warnings.

Marquess of Queensberry rules Rule 2: No wrestling or hugging allowed... that rule doesnt mean not to take of the gloves and start grappleing or not start making out with your opponent... no matter how it is now accepted Clinching is breaking the rules; hence a foul (boxers are prohibited from hitting below the belt, holding, tripping, pushing, biting, or spitting) Ok it happens, but when it's used as a defensive tactic then point deductions should take place, to me 3 clinches in a round deserve a point deduction... should be treated like a low blow because it is zapping the other punches power impeding them from the main thing that boxing IS... throwing punches. In that case why not start using turning your back completely and or just fall/dive to avoid a punch as a defensive tactic.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 22 2014, 12:30 AM) *
Broner is not Floyd. Maidana hasn't fought anyone on floyds level, not even close. Sure he can cut off the ring against guys like khan and broner who go straight back, or in khans case literally run.

No broner is not Floyd, but then again broner was unbeaten and never even knocked down using Floyd's similar style, broner seemed untouchable at times, until he got spanked by Maidana and yes Maidana hasn't fought anyone on Floyd's level, but then again who is? Broner was definitely the closest if anything. Boxing experts can analize all they want but the truth is we wont know what will happen until it actually takes place, but the one thing that is for sure Khan can't outwork or knock out Floyd... but there is a possibility that Maidana can basing it on what we saw in his fight with broner.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 22 2014, 02:02 PM) *
Maidana can work on introducing in and out movement, he looks slow because he always packing a punch, but he's not that slow, plus he's been working on time rather than speed which would counter act Floyds speed. Broner didnt have a glass chin before Maidana yes he was coming up in weight and whatever, Maidana is known for knock outs I dont think I am overating anything... also I also am not underatting Floyd's chin, he rarely gets connected squarely on the chin but the few times that he has I have seen him stagger and woble (Hatton, Zab, Mosely, and I think Ortiz to name a few). Maidana doesn't have to outmaneuver Floyd, he just has to keep him jumping by firing combos to body head and not preoccupy himself with wasting punches on the ropes ... to beat Floyd you have to give him enough real estate so that he can instinctively take flight and that's when you catch him wont go into exact details but thats when you would. Maidana biggest asset (aside his power) is his confidence behind his punches, he commits to punches,,,before, while, and after getting tagged. The most effective tool Floyd would use, which I hate because it's not boxing is "clinching" like he did with Hatton and Ortiz, both boxer's with an excellent work rate and yes Floyd was clinching excessively in those fights with very very little warnings.

Marquess of Queensberry rules Rule 2: No wrestling or hugging allowed... that rule doesnt mean not to take of the gloves and start grappleing or not start making out with your opponent... no matter how it is now accepted Clinching is breaking the rules; hence a foul (boxers are prohibited from hitting below the belt, holding, tripping, pushing, biting, or spitting) Ok it happens, but when it's used as a defensive tactic then point deductions should take place, to me 3 clinches in a round deserve a point deduction... should be treated like a low blow because it is zapping the other punches power impeding them from the main thing that boxing IS... throwing punches. In that case why not start using turning your back completely and or just fall/dive to avoid a punch as a defensive tactic.

This is some sure nuff funny ish right there my man. You're claiming to have some sort of blueprint that you cannot go into the "details" as though you know something these boxing Trainers out there that has faced Mayweather doesn't know. As far as you trying to use the Queensberry Rules (as though we don't know them here) is insulting to us avid boxing fans on this forum but I understand you attempting to justify your point which btw, is moot because as I stated unless the Referee calls it then it isn't a reason for a point deduction (which I'm certain you knew).

As far as Maidana, power means jack if you can't land it; Floyd has faced bigger punchers, stronger fighters than Marcos so it won't be anything new for him but if you think that Floyd was initiating the clinches vs Hatton (who wasn't doing nothing but wrestling) in that fight and the one vs Ortiz then all I can tell you is to "open your eyes".

SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 22 2014, 02:42 PM) *
This is some sure nuff funny ish right there my man. You're claiming to have some sort of blueprint that you cannot go into the "details" as though you know something these boxing Trainers out there that has faced Mayweather doesn't know. As far as you trying to use the Queensberry Rules (as though we don't know them here) is insulting to us avid boxing fans on this forum but I understand you attempting to justify your point which btw, is moot because as I stated unless the Referee calls it then it isn't a reason for a point deduction (which I'm certain you knew).

As far as Maidana, power means jack if you can't land it; Floyd has faced bigger punchers, stronger fighters than Marcos so it won't be anything new for him but if you think that Floyd was initiating the clinches vs Hatton (who wasn't doing nothing but wrestling) in that fight and the one vs Ortiz then all I can tell you is to "open your eyes".

Yes I have the "blue print" I don't reveal the details but b/c I just might sell it, Interested? As far as why a referenced the Queensberry Rules it was to dispell your stating the idea that it would be the "amount" of clinches that could be considered a foul, when clearly that's not what is stated and unless the rules are updated, Clinching the ONE time is against the rules and IS foul. I used to box back in the day and clinching just was not one of my own personal options, like I said before, to me that's like a low blow period, but to add to this, since it's "allowed" and that allowance favors defensive boxing styles than I also have no problem seeing a headbutt to counteract the initial allowance of the clinching foul. "I just got thru putting all these work using legal punches staying within the rules got you stunned Imma'bout to pull the trigger and then you put me in a wrestling move, a clinch, a foul, breaking the rules to where I can't move my arms and the ref is just letting it happen???" BS!!! BONK LOL!!!

"Maidana power means jack if you can't land it" ok fair enough... but thats where the higher work rate comes into play one of those 4 or 5 is getting thru and just keep setting up "that one", but there is more to it....anyhow yes Floyd has faced bigger punchers but most of those others didn't have the relentlessness against Floyd either, Maidana is something else when it comes to that. Hatton-Floyd or Ortiz-Floyd nope dont need to see those fights again, I remember to well how I just kept saying "shit how many times is the ref going to allow Floyd holding???" Like I said, I used to box I dont remember that being done to me much or at all, but just seeing how frustrated the boxers get when there pinned like that, knowing that particular move should not be allowed... yeah head butting all the way. All I am saying clinching should not be allowed as a defensive tactic and the ref's should hold the boxers A WHOLE LOT MORE accountable for those moves... like I said 3 in a round calls for point deduction, 3 point deductions disqualified. Let the boxers punch and stop with the holding.
'
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 22 2014, 10:02 AM) *
Why are you making fun of Da Professor?

Floyd could fight damn a heavy weight and they would still bitch.

Just gonna put a theory out here...maybe because it's so easy lmao
mrchitown
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 22 2014, 01:03 PM) *
Floyd broner Maidana are all under the same umbrella, Maidana was easily being favored over Khan in a Floyd fight, and between the two (going by there last few fights) Maidana definitely would be the one that deserves the shot. Simple-Maidana will put Floyd to work, we could see Floyd's first knock down, ko... his first loss, that is very plausible. Khan knocking out, knocking down Floyd is highly improbable the best he could do is try to outwork Floyd, but yeah right that wont happen either, that being said, all of a sudden this "rematch clause" materializes. To me it didn't exist at first, otherwise someone would have mentioned it right after the fight, something... and so it would be "shooting themselves in the foot" if they just straight up go against the "BigBoss", so to me they are doing the next best thing to stall until they get the fight they actually deserve over Khan. Plus a broner-Maidana rematch???? when has anyone wanted to see a rematch for a fight that was so one-sided. Canelo didn't nearly get a beat down against Floyd like broner did but no one is clamoring for a rematch either;including myself. This is all BS.

So because all of this is taking place and Maidana is looking for a way to get to the fight he deserves you are stating that would be enough of a reason why Khan should get the fight with no other logical reason behind it. I seriously feel people are trying to protect a boxer when they are okaying lazy fights. A Maidana fight is C L E A R L Y a more competitive fight than a Khan fight would be plus it would make more money, it's not just Argentinians that would pay to watch this fight, it would be all the real boxing fans here in the U.S, and a huge percentage of Latin america especially big boxing enthusiasts in Mexico and Puerto Rico including everyone that despises broner's character and Floyds style of boxing and there are a whole lot of those, plus I am sure the fact that chino is Chinese in Spanish (which btw I am sure Maidana is from Asian descent), the Asian boxing community will lay some claim to Chino and give him their support.... point being there is WHOLE LOT more money in a Maidana fight over Khan. COME ON, REALLY???The choice could not be any easier. Competitiveness and Money-simple.

Here we go again, it's like 1 pops up every damn week. Let me start off by saying that the Broner wasn't 1 sided. How can I fight be a great fight if it was so 1-sided. They both gave and took. Don't come in here trying to push an agenda. Many fighters have rematch clauses, Floyd does it for his fights, I guess every fighter is supposed to get the ok with you before they do such things. It's a rematch clause that Pacquiao didn't exercise against Bradley until now I guess. If it wasn't a rematch clause then Maidana and his team would've stated so.

You said in a previous post that Broner is the closest thing to Mayweather? You killed any valid knowledge you could contribute with that dumb shit right there. Adrien was nothing and will never be nothing like Broner. Just because he fights in a philly shell like Mayweather doesn't mean anyhting. There's only 3 things they have in common being black, using the same defense and they both are a bit over the top outside the ring for marketing purposes.

@bolded, I think your over-rating the guy's power. Tell me why he deserves the fight? Besides beating Broner. He fought Karrass, Josesito and was getting touched in all those fights, and he lost to Alexander. He's not setting the world on fire but neither is Khan. I'd give it to Khan based on the fact that Marcos is trying to get out of something that his dumbass agreed to. You can't take the rematch because your girl having a baby and you wanna be there but since your name is in the Mayweathe rpot you can fight 7 days later. I guess you don't see the bullshit in that because your pom-poming so hard for the guy.

Let me destroy this blasphemous post some more, where the fuck is Marcos more known then Khan. Khan's fan base is a bit over-rated but he definitely draws a helluva lot more then Marcos. You think those people at the Alamodome came for Marcos? They came to see Broner, they came to see him lose. Check the attendance records and the viewers for Marcos Maidana fights he ain't no draw. Just because he the hot shit for the moment don't mean much.

@2nd bolded, clearly you are a lazy reader. I said he doesn't deserve this fight because he signed a contract and is legally obligated BY THAT CONTRACT to give Adrien a rematch. Nowhere did I state he doesn't deserve a shot but there are more deserving then him. Danny just doesn't want the fight right now. And Bradley fights across the street. I don't care what you seriously feel because I seriously feel your just spewing this garbage just to push your angle. If you want to see that fight then that;s cool, but don't get your underwear in a bunch because someone isn't on board with your agenda. He more then likely wont get the fight and I for one will be smiling if he doesn't/ Man the fuck up and fulfill your obligations. Then maybe, maybe if you win the rematch fight Floyd in September.

Would I rather see Maidana fight Floyd over Khan, yup, but because of him trying to pussy foot out of his obligations I hope he doesn't get it

The nerve of you saying Maidana brings in more money then Amir is laughable
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 22 2014, 02:42 PM) *

+infinity

Garcia has done wonders for Marcos, and the longer that union is together the better Marcos would be, but let's put things in perspective here. Marcos is not a 1 punch power type of guy, he's slow as hell and it's still easy to tag him. Broner was touching him at will when he threw punches. Maidana will never be hard to find. He moves his head better now under Garcia but he is who he is. Look at the Josesito fight, he was getting tagged, the Karrass fight, he was life and death for a minute in there. Maidnana can be flustered when he's getting hit back. The proof is in those 2 fights.

And in his great victory over Broner this past December, he was on the verge of letting that fight slip out of his hands. He got the KD in the 2nd but from the 3rd on the momentum was turning in Broner's favor but credit to Marcos for scoring another KD and sealing the deal. But why are we ignoring the fact that Broner upped his work rate and like magic, Maidana gets gassed. Anytime you step thru those ropes you have a chance of victory but if he does get the Mayweather fight he better pray for a miracle. What happens to work rate when you ain't landing? We've seen it before, fighters who fight those who can nullify their work rate just stand there and look dumb. Technically a Mayweather-Maidana fight is like Mayweather-Guerrero 2 imo. Figthters like Ward and Mayweather take what you do best and render you powerless.
jontue
As a floyd and boxing fan I'd be interested to see him fight khan. I enjoy watching floyd fight, I think its an art. I like to see when he makes adjustments and how his opponents adjust. I think Maidana would be a better fight but I think he too would be out matched, out boxed.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 21 2014, 07:40 PM) *
Yeah I know, I still ain't over you causing me to lose $100. Thanks for nothing ass hole

not even a lol at the end? damn chi!
kej718
QUOTE (truth @ Jan 22 2014, 01:20 AM) *
First i don't like this fight it will be a better fight than Madiana in my opinion because Khan is better technically than madiana but the reason i don't like it is Floyd needs to ko this guy and i feel if doesnt he gets robbed. As crazy as it sounds i think that's what happens i want to see him fight Martinez they still havent confirmed that fight yet with cotto yet

I doubt they would rob the #1 attraction in the sport. I thought they might for the Canelo fight and one judge almost did if anything it may happen in has last 2 fights, or be a fight where a rematch would make a lot of money (Pac).

I just want to get this fight out the way because I think in September the fans will get a good fight. If Cotto happens to win his next fight against Martinez that rematch would sell (or he could face Canelo and the winner could get Floyd next year)
Danny Garcia will probably move up by 2015
Bradley or Pac contracts will be up with Top Rank so that may be another possibility.
Thurman vs Porter may happen in April so that is another option.
Kell Brook is also out there since Floyd likes that UK money hopefully he fights a decent fighter soon (I think he is the mandatory for Porters title)

I look at this as a stay busy fight nothing more (hope there is a good under card I think they will add the Mares vs Gonzalez and I think Wilder will also be on the card). There will be better options in September and Floyd hasn't fought twice a year in a long time and this is why
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 22 2014, 04:11 PM) *
Yes I have the "blue print" I don't reveal the details but b/c I just might sell it, Interested? As far as why a referenced the Queensberry Rules it was to dispell your stating the idea that it would be the "amount" of clinches that could be considered a foul, when clearly that's not what is stated and unless the rules are updated, Clinching the ONE time is against the rules and IS foul. I used to box back in the day and clinching just was not one of my own personal options, like I said before, to me that's like a low blow period, but to add to this, since it's "allowed" and that allowance favors defensive boxing styles than I also have no problem seeing a headbutt to counteract the initial allowance of the clinching foul. "I just got thru putting all these work using legal punches staying within the rules got you stunned Imma'bout to pull the trigger and then you put me in a wrestling move, a clinch, a foul, breaking the rules to where I can't move my arms and the ref is just letting it happen???" BS!!! BONK LOL!!!

"Maidana power means jack if you can't land it" ok fair enough... but thats where the higher work rate comes into play one of those 4 or 5 is getting thru and just keep setting up "that one", but there is more to it....anyhow yes Floyd has faced bigger punchers but most of those others didn't have the relentlessness against Floyd either, Maidana is something else when it comes to that. Hatton-Floyd or Ortiz-Floyd nope dont need to see those fights again, I remember to well how I just kept saying "shit how many times is the ref going to allow Floyd holding???" Like I said, I used to box I dont remember that being done to me much or at all, but just seeing how frustrated the boxers get when there pinned like that, knowing that particular move should not be allowed... yeah head butting all the way. All I am saying clinching should not be allowed as a defensive tactic and the ref's should hold the boxers A WHOLE LOT MORE accountable for those moves... like I said 3 in a round calls for point deduction, 3 point deductions disqualified. Let the boxers punch and stop with the holding.

I don't recall stating anything about the "amount" of clinches, what I referenced was the fact that it isn't a foul or there won't be any deductions unless the Ref says so, as far as all the other BS and you somehow believing that workrate alone will get to Floyd then all I can say is that any fighter who is going to try and pull that off better have a boatload of stamina (something I'm sure that Maidana lacks judging from his last fight) and if you tire against Mayweather he will take you out.

I can't believe you're claiming to be a boxer but are against the "clinch", so what happens if you are getting your ass whupped? You don't try and clinch/you just allow yourself to get your head beaten in and yourself put to sleep?? If that is your defense then it is no wonder why you are stating "you USED TO box". LOL, I never boxed professionally but I always sparred/not as much nowadays but I'd step in the ring against anyone regardless of their size and other advantages but I cannot never recall allowing myself to be beaten up on when the clinch is available to me.

Please explain what it is you'd do in a situation where you are getting rocked or on the verge of being KO'd but tend to respect the Queensberry Rules so much that you refused to use the clinch??
mgrover
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 22 2014, 05:51 PM) *

LOL khans always the guy to try and fight back the minute hes hurt, its why his fights are stopped rather than him being outpointed. I mean he should clinch, but doesnt. Floyd vs Maidana is a sparring session at best, don't kid yourself that it will go any differently.

about the whole clinching ordeal. I don't think it should be used excessively ala Hopkins and Alexander type
truth
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 10:13 AM) *

168 would be to big but to fight at 154 especially a guy who comes in smaller than Canelo. Why is that a problem and i know Floyd walks around near his fighting weight, and Martinez is a small middle so it is make able fight and would bring in money but heres a question if anyone wanted to see the Canelo fight why not the Martinez fight
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 22 2014, 09:01 PM) *
not even a lol at the end? damn chi!

No
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2014, 09:23 AM) *
No

laugh.gif

Put a bounty on his head!
Cshel86
QUOTE (truth @ Jan 23 2014, 08:20 AM) *
168 would be to big but to fight at 154 especially a guy who comes in smaller than Canelo. Why is that a problem and i know Floyd walks around near his fighting weight, and Martinez is a small middle so it is make able fight and would bring in money but heres a question if anyone wanted to see the Canelo fight why not the Martinez fight

Listen to what you're saying, and see how it applies in bother scenarios.

You're saying that Floyd's the smaller fighter at 154, so that makes him a big WW but a small JMW, right? Okay, before I get started on Sergio...he's been fighting at MW since 2009...so let' stop with the whole "he's small MW" stuff. If you've been at a certain weight for a long period of time (in Sergio's case, nearly 5 years), then it's not the best idea to move down or even toy around with small lbs...whether it's 2 or 3.

Floyd walks around at whatever weight he wants us to believe he walks around at...we don't know this for sure, it's his word, not the honest to God truth. And if he walks around around near his fighting weight (which is 147), then why would he even bother with a 160 lb fight, when he doesn't even make 154 on the head.

How many times has Floyd fought at 154? 3 times...that's it. NOW, if he had been fighting at 154 for 3 years, then I'd entertain a MW fight. Sergio is as brittle as they come nowadays (health wise), so I wouldn't even encourage him to entertain a catchweight at this point.

If we're saying that Sergio's a small MW, then let's go as far as saying that Floyd is a small WW (which he really) is)...so let's tell Floyd to move down to 140 and fight somebody...probably wont hear that from anybody around here. Guys get so hooked on, "Oh Ortiz, Canelo, Cotto, and Oscar came in above 160 lbs and Floyd did fine in those fights". WRONG, rehydration weights and fighting weights are two different things.

Sergio probably walks around at close 180 lbs, so he'll be close to 170 lbs after he rehydrates. Floyd will rehydrate to what, 156 (at best), IF he weighs in somewhere close to the MW limit...which I highly doubt. So we're looking at a JMW fighting a LHW on fight night. Its bad enough that you aren't even fighting a guy in your division the day after you weigh in, but that much a size difference is ridiculous.

Some of yall really need to put on some gloves (regulation gloves), and get hit by a guy that outweighs you 20+ lbs. Hell, on the wrong day, if you get by a guy YOUR size or smaller, you'll be seeing the little birdies.

It's a problem because it makes absolutely no sense for him to be fighting at MW, let alone 154 for that matter. Real boxing fans will make sense of the current 140 and 147 situation, rather than dream and talk up a fight that makes absolutely no sense. Hell, let's demand Pacquiao to move up to 154 (which he hasn't truly done) and fight Demetrius Andrade, hell, or fight Cotto at 154.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 08:23 AM) *

You're saying that Floyd's the smaller fighter at 154, so that makes him a big WW but a small JMW, right? Okay, before I get started on Sergio...he's been fighting at MW since 2009...so let' stop with the whole "he's small MW" stuff. If you've been at a certain weight for a long period of time (in Sergio's case, nearly 5 years), then it's not the best idea to move down or even toy around with small lbs...whether it's 2 or 3.

Floyd walks around at whatever weight he wants us to believe he walks around at...we don't know this for sure, it's his word, not the honest to God truth. And if he walks around around near his fighting weight (which is 147), then why would he even bother with a 160 lb fight, when he doesn't even make 154 on the head.

How many times has Floyd fought at 154? 3 times...that's it. NOW, if he had been fighting at 154 for 3 years, then I'd entertain a MW fight. Sergio is as brittle as they come nowadays (health wise), so I wouldn't even encourage him to entertain a catchweight at this point.

If we're saying that Sergio's a small MW, then let's go as far as saying that Floyd is a small WW (which he really) is)...so let's tell Floyd to move down to 140 and fight somebody...probably wont hear that from anybody around here. Guys get so hooked on, "Oh Ortiz, Canelo, Cotto, and Oscar came in above 160 lbs and Floyd did fine in those fights". WRONG, rehydration weights and fighting weights are two different things.

Sergio probably walks around at close 180 lbs, so he'll be close to 170 lbs after he rehydrates. Floyd will rehydrate to what, 156 (at best), IF he weighs in somewhere close to the MW limit...which I highly doubt. So we're looking at a JMW fighting a LHW on fight night. Its bad enough that you aren't even fighting a guy in your division the day after you weigh in, but that much a size difference is ridiculous.

Some of yall really need to put on some gloves (regulation gloves), and get hit by a guy that outweighs you 20+ lbs. Hell, on the wrong day, if you get by a guy YOUR size or smaller, you'll be seeing the little birdies.

It's a problem because it makes absolutely no sense for him to be fighting at MW, let alone 154 for that matter. Real boxing fans will make sense of the current 140 and 147 situation, rather than dream and talk up a fight that makes absolutely no sense. Hell, let's demand Pacquiao to move up to 154 (which he hasn't truly done) and fight Demetrius Andrade, hell, or fight Cotto at 154.

Oscar and Cotto 154 yes Canelo catch weight... so actually only 2. But good points all around especially Sergio being a wounded duck.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2014, 11:34 AM) *
Oscar and Cotto 154 yes Canelo catch weight... so actually only 2. But good points all around especially Sergio being a wounded duck.

Shut up fool! Lol

Manny fought Margarito a 150 lb catchweight, and people still call him the 8 division champion of the world. If it's good enough for Manny, then it should be good enough for everybody. Honestly, anything past 147, should be considered Jr. MW...just like anything past 140, is considered WW.

140 is one of those weight of those weights that you either make, or you dont, just like 130 and 160. It's like having that "gimme" grade in school...a "D" or percentage wise...a 70. If you're one point under that 70, then you have an "F", if you're one point over the 70, then you get a "C".
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 10:03 AM) *
laugh.gif

Put a bounty on his head!

If he don't start making more Mayweather threads then this may have to come to fruition
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 10:48 AM) *
Shut up fool! Lol

Manny fought Margarito a 150 lb catchweight, and people still call him the 8 division champion of the world. If it's good enough for Manny, then it should be good enough for everybody. Honestly, anything past 147, should be considered Jr. MW...just like anything past 140, is considered WW.

140 is one of those weight of those weights that you either make, or you dont, just like 130 and 160. It's like having that "gimme" grade in school...a "D" or percentage wise...a 70. If you're one point under that 70, then you have an "F", if you're one point over the 70, then you get a "C".

DaPupil has infested some people. Mayweather is a full fledged welter now but he's always and will always be a small one for the weight class. You can look at him frame and tell that he could still make jr welter easy. That's his natural weight.

Sometimes you can't win, you just can't. Maywesther needs to do this this and this. Like you said, Manny doesn't get shit for the catch weight fight with Margarito. But he's still considered an 8 division champ. It's too much grasping at straws. Ray Leonard gets shit for things in his career, like fighting Hagler at the time he did. It's a gift and a curse for the fighter....even more proof is that they want Ward to move up but don't demand Gennady to move up. And he's the one whose saying people are ducking him, now fighters like Ward, Froch are calling his bluff now all of a sudden we here "my focus is on MW". Seems like most of it is one big spin cycle to fit an agenda

If a fight between Mayweather and Martinez came about I'd definitely be interested in that but it's almost going to have to be at a catch weight because Mayweather isn't getting anywhere close to 160. But the bigger issue is why does he have to go up. The big fish are in his current weight class. Don't blame him for being levels better then them. I'm willing to bet with anyone that if he fought at MW, the next day we'd see articles calling for him to fight Froch or Ward at SMW
truth
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 11:23 AM) *

First you good points.... I'll start with pac he aint on mayweathers level that's why there is know demands to see him fight someone bigger. I will agree that Mayweather is a small ww which i stated earlier and Martinez is a small mm both who could fight a weight below comfortable and if by your words Sergio could come in
t about 170 Floyd has fought bigger guys than him plus Sergio is a south paw which would be good because unlike everyone elsethink Floyd likes south paws why wouldn't he his best punch is a straight right. you Martinez is wounded why not fight him if he's wounded. I believe you always kick a man when he's down lol just playing but you get the point
Cshel86
QUOTE (truth @ Jan 23 2014, 12:43 PM) *
First you good points.... I'll start with pac he aint on mayweathers level that's why there is know demands to see him fight someone bigger. I will agree that Mayweather is a small ww which i stated earlier and Martinez is a small mm both who could fight a weight below comfortable and if by your words Sergio could come in
t about 170 Floyd has fought bigger guys than him plus Sergio is a south paw which would be good because unlike everyone elsethink Floyd likes south paws why wouldn't he his best punch is a straight right. you Martinez is wounded why not fight him if he's wounded. I believe you always kick a man when he's down lol just playing but you get the point

WE know that Pac isn't truly on Floyd's level, but it's all about what the public (read: casual fans whom makes up the majority of tickets and PPV sales) believes so. Hell, most of them still think that Floyd is "scared" of him, which to me, says that Manny's either on his level or exceeds it...regardless of how he's looked in his last few fights. This is the "public's" perception though.

Mayweather is a small WW as mentioned, and I may be in the minority here...but I don't believe he can make 140. Im just sayin...he's been at WW for almost 10 years. As for Sergio, I'm not sure exactly how good he takes care of his body between fights. It appears that he does good, but shedding those few lbs can be a pain in the ass...let's not forget that they not only have to make the weight, but they have to fight the next day...not sure how their bodies react to it.

The most that I've seen Martinez come in, is at 167. Again, I have to reiterate this...yes Floyd has fought bigger guys, while sparring, with sparring gloves...and most of those guys that he's sparred, he's either friends with, or has sparred them more than a few times. You're talking about him fighting a bigger guy, with regulation gloves, the will to win, and everything to gain and nothing to lose....big difference. Guys get off on sparring so much, but at times, it really isn't all that relevant to most arguments when you're talking about a real fight.

Let's look at some more facts...how has Floyd looked at higher weights while fighting bigger guys? Against Oscar? Not that great? Against Cotto? Decent, but struggled. Canelo? Pretty sharp, but couldn't do a great deal. So 2 of 3 trips to 154 haven't looked all that impressive, but they weren't terrible either.

Sergio being a southpaw has little to do with this...I think, unless you care to explain. Also, look at what you're saying..."Sergio is wounded, why fight him if he's wounded?" Again, we ALL see enough of Floyd not getting credit for the guys that he fights, so why fight a wounded Martinez for the middleweight crown and expect to get credit for it? Bad enough that we're even discussing a catchweight, but to purposely wait til a guys nursing injuries, then call him out...he may as well not even fight Sergio under those circumstances.

I'm not trying to kick anybody down....that always seems to be your argument when you're challenged on your posts. I'm not always right about stuff around here, trust me, I don't that type of pressure over my head.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.