Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yuriorkis Gamboa NEEDS a big fight in 2014
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Rather it be against Mickey Garcia or Brandon Rios or whomever with a name at 135-140, Gamboa needs to finally step up and test if he belongs in the upper echelon of elite fighters. At age 32 still undefeated, he's only done enough at this point to be considered IMO a B level fighter and there should be no excuses why this man and his team can't get him either of these fights or others with the kind of fish swimming in the sea.

My question FHC, does the 04 olympic gold medalist Gamboa still got the goods to make himself elite or is it only a matter of time before his wings get clipped by either a Garcia or Rios?
The Original MrFactor
Why not Broner?? If either guy can secure a win here, it would be a big boost. I'd be interested in watching it, that for sure.
Gambit808
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 21 2014, 02:15 AM) *
Why not Broner?? If either guy can secure a win here, it would be a big boost. I'd be interested in watching it, that for sure.

No doubt that would be an interesting fight at either 135-140, but I don't know if things are all sweet between GBP and SMSP either the last time I checked. Boxings cold war for ya.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 20 2014, 11:47 PM) *
Rather it be against Mickey Garcia or Brandon Rios or whomever with a name at 135-140, Gamboa needs to finally step up and test if he belongs in the upper echelon of elite fighters. At age 32 still undefeated, he's only done enough at this point to be considered IMO a B level fighter and there should be no excuses why this man and his team can't get him either of these fights or others with the kind of fish swimming in the sea.

My question FHC, does the 04 olympic gold medalist Gamboa still got the goods to make himself elite or is it only a matter of time before his wings get clipped by either a Garcia or Rios?

He just needs to be active. He has to fight at least 3 times this year. He is a high risk low reward fighter for any big name.
Cshel86
Who is Gamboa???
karmine20
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2014, 11:17 AM) *
Who is Gamboa???

LMFAO.. He is so inactive it makes you ask that question.. LMFAO LMFAO fucking with 50 he is gonna be a nobody! Believe dat!
ryustuh

i think gamby's got skill but his conditioning is questionable, and has little to no heart. looks like only thing 50's doin for him is tweeting on his behalf.
AZWildCat
Maybe its to early but I think Roy Jones would be way better for his style training wise. I just don't like fms for him at this point. Roger maybe but not big Floyd. As far as staying active ..he's making Chavez Jr look good on that part. But I think they're doing him like this on purpose. He should have fought on the Kirkland. Vs tapia card! I feel that they just might cash him out to Mikey the way things are looking. The Rios fight now is a joke.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 12:00 PM) *

i think gamby's got skill but his conditioning is questionable, and has little to no heart. looks like only thing 50's doin for him is tweeting on his behalf.

Little to no heart. Based on what?
ryustuh
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 21 2014, 12:17 PM) *
Little to no heart. Based on what?

level of opposition, and his last two lackluster fights against guys he should've taken care of easily and early on. don't get me wrong, i think he's got the goods in terms of technical boxing skills, but he hasn't shown me that he wants to be considered seriously when the biggest names he's fought are probably ponce and you can argue salido. seen some of his fights against lower level boxers where he cruises past and back pedals alot. lack of heart might not be the correct choice of words, but i don't know how else to describe it. not having enough confidence in your ability?
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 11:48 AM) *
level of opposition, and his last two lackluster fights against guys he should've taken care of easily and early on. don't get me wrong, i think he's got the goods in terms of technical boxing skills, but he hasn't shown me that he wants to be considered seriously when the biggest names he's fought are probably ponce and you can argue salido. seen some of his fights against lower level boxers where he cruises past and back pedals alot. lack of heart might not be the correct choice of words, but i don't know how else to describe it. not having enough confidence in your ability?

He's been handled poorly his whole career.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 21 2014, 06:50 PM) *
He's been handled poorly his whole career.

Has no bearing on his heart
mrchitown
Gamboa just needs to fight, I don't think he's been handled poorly he's a screw up. Didn't take the fight with Rios, thought he was signing with Floyd and 50 and ended up alienating 1 promotional company(GB) only to be with an unproven promoter(50) and end up fighting on his former promoters(TR) cards again. Ain't nobody mishandle him AZ, he stupid, plain and simple. Why would TR help build him back up? They going to bust him out any way they can. And then let's not forget his link to the biogenesis scandal and he's in some mess again now for some stuff

He needs to re-examine whether he really wants to fight because he seems half ass with it. He could start by getting busy. If he fought Mikey, I think that would be interesting but he'd probably lose still and Rios would likely beat him at this stage too. He needs to put in some work
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 21 2014, 11:38 PM) *
Gamboa just needs to fight, I don't think he's been handled poorly he's a screw up. Didn't take the fight with Rios, thought he was signing with Floyd and 50 and ended up alienating 1 promotional company(GB) only to be with an unproven promoter(50) and end up fighting on his former promoters(TR) cards again. Ain't nobody mishandle him AZ, he stupid, plain and simple. Why would TR help build him back up? They going to bust him out any way they can. And then let's not forget his link to the biogenesis scandal and he's in some mess again now for some stuff

He needs to re-examine whether he really wants to fight because he seems half ass with it. He could start by getting busy. If he fought Mikey, I think that would be interesting but he'd probably lose still and Rios would likely beat him at this stage too. He needs to put in some work

Nobody behind him with his best interest at hand...thought he was joining Floyd's camp like you said and like you said got bamboozled into a shitty contract with a shitty promoter ...shit fifty could have took him over seas and made some chips wit him. Gambols is too 3rd world to know any better....and I would have held up for more money to knowing Rios was gonna gain 30lbs over night. don't blame him for that. Kid needs an elerbe in his life
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 21 2014, 10:10 PM) *
Nobody behind him with his best interest at hand...thought he was joining Floyd's camp like you said and like you said got bamboozled into a shitty contract with a shitty promoter ...shit fifty could have took him over seas and made some chips wit him. Gambols is too 3rd world to know any better....and I would have held up for more money to knowing Rios was gonna gain 30lbs over night. don't blame him for that. Kid needs an elerbe in his life

There's no excuse for being dumb or ignorant. He's still an adult, he should be looking out for himself and his affairs. He's just as much to blame as they are. I don't know why more athletes don't get involved with their business affairs. History is an indicator, the successful ones were involved with their careers, the ones who get busted out are the Gamboa's of the world. He's content with his situation as is, no one told him to take PED's, nobody told him to get arrested for domestic battery against 2 women, one of which is his wife. And this was this past November, he was arrested for the same thing in 2011. He's at fault too. He don't need no Ellerbe he need some damn sense

Gamboa has all the talents, but he's truly his won worst enemy. I like him as he is exciting to watch but he can't keep the train on the tracks. He's a Cuban Andre Dirrell
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 22 2014, 01:24 AM) *
There's no excuse for being dumb or ignorant. He's still an adult, he should be looking out for himself and his affairs. He's just as much to blame as they are. I don't know why more athletes don't get involved with their business affairs. History is an indicator, the successful ones were involved with their careers, the ones who get busted out are the Gamboa's of the world. He's content with his situation as is, no one told him to take PED's, nobody told him to get arrested for domestic battery against 2 women, one of which is his wife. And this was this past November, he was arrested for the same thing in 2011. He's at fault too. He don't need no Ellerbe he need some damn sense

Gamboa has all the talents, but he's truly his won worst enemy. I like him as he is exciting to watch but he can't keep the train on the tracks. He's a Cuban Andre Dirrell

Can't argue that last line
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 23 2014, 03:20 PM) *
Can't argue that last line

He does bet when he's active. The more he fights the better he is. And I mean that in and out the ring. He's trying to get a fight with Mikey or Rios. Those would be some enjoyable fights, Gamboa is never in a dull fight. But he should take an interim fight and then go for it.
ryustuh
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2014, 05:28 PM) *
He does bet when he's active. The more he fights the better he is. And I mean that in and out the ring. He's trying to get a fight with Mikey or Rios. Those would be some enjoyable fights, Gamboa is never in a dull fight. But he should take an interim fight and then go for it.

i see mikey gettin the better of gamby if it comes down to it.
Dolimite
He should of stayed with TMT, at least wouldn't have to see Ishe Smith fight. His career would of gone a lot further, we could of seen Gamboa at 135 fight Broner! That would of great!
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2014, 05:00 PM) *
He should of stayed with TMT, at least wouldn't have to see Ishe Smith fight. His career would of gone a lot further, we could of seen Gamboa at 135 fight Broner! That would of great!

That was the thing..he thought he was signing wit tmt till fifty said no sms.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 23 2014, 04:28 PM) *

With a tune up Mikey will have to work hard for the dub. But again I think he'll get thrown in their. Cold and cashed out....
klonopinz
mikey would wax him. just look at what they both did against salido. mikey ould have blown out farenas or perez in 3 rounds. gamboa is shit no, him and gary russell jr deserve each other on friday night fights
AZWildCat
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 23 2014, 06:13 PM) *
mikey would wax him. just look at what they both did against salido. mikey ould have blown out farenas or perez in 3 rounds. gamboa is shit no, him and gary russell jr deserve each other on friday night fights

Triangle?
Cshel86
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 23 2014, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 23 2014, 10:38 PM) *
Triangle?

Check's gonna hate yall for these triangle theories!

laugh.gif
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 11:57 PM) *
Check's gonna hate yall for these triangle theories!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I know but to entertain it...they both knocked him down a few times ...and gamboa actually finnished the fight...and his face ain't look like Mike's did....and gamboa hits harder than rocky (should be fluffy)

No triangle needed anymore ...your welcome
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.