Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Bradley-Pacquiao II Preview and Poll
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ryustuh
Vote now and comment! Who wins Pacquiao-Bradley II. This post was from a few months ago, but we are updating it for our preview and prediction poll! Who wins. and why?
mgrover
I really can't call this one anymore, Pac will most likely perform better than last time, yet so will Bradley. It was a very close fight, a draw in my eyes.
Gambit808
Should be interesting, I see both guys getting hurt in this one. A war of attrition if u will. I'm going with TB... For now.
BigFightFan
With all the controversy surrounding the last fight, Bradley will have to beat manny very convincingly to get the nod. Pac-Man by unanimous decision in the rematch, Manny's speed will continue to be a problem for Tim.
checkleft
I would like to see how pac would look against Bradley going backwards. Bradley is not a bad pressure fighter but we saw how sloppy pac looked against Tim trying to go forward.
The Original MrFactor
Bradley wins again, this time a bit more decisively. Twas a necessary rematch.
Plah
Bradley wins this one, but he might get robbed. Pactards then will say something like justice is done lol
Cshel86
Pac is gonna "win" this one...if it goes to the cards. I just feel us as fans getting duped out of a decision here...and "convinced" that if Manny keeps "winning", then a Mayweather fight will "happen". Pffff....

I see Tim getting robbed off the strength of that alone. Back in 2012, Manny was kept honest by Arum, whom barely lifted a finger to promote the first Bradley fight, just to be sure that Manny didn't ask for more money in his next fight.

I feel that this one will be better than the first one, but Manny will go for it more, and Timmy will as well...

Call me crazy, but I think Bradley could stop Manny this time...no need for him to fight towards a decision here.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 01:09 AM) *
Pac is gonna "win" this one...if it goes to the cards. I just feel us as fans getting duped out of a decision here...and "convinced" that if Manny keeps "winning", then a Mayweather fight will "happen". Pffff....

I see Tim getting robbed off the strength of that alone. Back in 2012, Manny was kept honest by Arum, whom barely lifted a finger to promote the first Bradley fight, just to be sure that Manny didn't ask for more money in his next fight.

I feel that this one will be better than the first one, but Manny will go for it more, and Timmy will as well...

Call me crazy, but I think Bradley could stop Manny this time...no need for him to fight towards a decision here.

Where talking about the guy who has pillows for hands...
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2014, 08:44 PM) *

He had Prodnikov hurt a couple times and even stunned Marquez at the end of there fight. Might not have the kind of power fit for WW, but he can break u down and keep u honest with those pillows.
Dolimite
I know I am going to sound like a conspiracy theorist: I think Manny losses this fight by some chicanery caused by Arum. This loss will be the reason why Manny resigns to TR. However, this decision will be so egregious that it will further hurt Bradley's career. Call me crazy.... By the way, what happened to Manny waiting on Mayweather to accept his challenge, you know the one where they fight for free and give all their purse to worldwide charities.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 21 2014, 08:44 PM) *

We're also talking about a guy who has been KO'd since the first fight. JMM doesn't have that much power at WW, but a well placed punch can do the trick...it usually puts guys on their asses. At this point, Im not sure...Manny may come out in a blaze of glory and NOT give Tim the chance to hurt him, or Tim may come out in the same fashion...who knows??? It kinda goes back to your first post though.

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 21 2014, 09:18 PM) *
He had Prodnikov hurt a couple times and even stunned Marquez at the end of there fight. Might not have the kind of power fit for WW, but he can break u down and keep u honest with those pillows.

Ruslan didn't mess up his own face, so yes, Tim did all of that off of activity and the will to win.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 09:29 PM) *
I know I am going to sound like a conspiracy theorist: I think Manny losses this fight by some chicanery caused by Arum. This loss will be the reason why Manny resigns to TR. However, this decision will be so egregious that it will further hurt Bradley's career. Call me crazy.... By the way, what happened to Manny waiting on Mayweather to accept his challenge, you know the one where they fight for free and give all their purse to worldwide charities.

Sorry, cant agree with you here...Manny WONT lose this one. Arum already did Manny in, with the decision in the first fight...but the "race to Mayweather" (or so he'd like the public to think) is under way...no way Tim walks away with a decision here.

Im not sure if you mean that Manny will leave TR because of this or what...but I'll be the first to say that Manny has probably signed an extension with TR. I dont believe anything Manny says...not that we should give a shit, becaus Bob calls all the shots over there.
AZWildCat
Like I said the last time Bradley UD or possible stoppage. Bradley took every thing pacman could throw at him and kept coming on two broken feet. With pac reluctant to trade now it gives Bradley room to breathe and execute a counter punching game plan. We now know Tim can take some thunderous haymakers and still function without being slept. Package ain't touched nobody like that in years so don't expect him to ko or stop Tim. We also saw in the Marquez fight tim could follow a game plan all the way through and out hustle a good counter like Marquez like it was another day at the office. Bradley has advanced his game since that first encounter and has a newfound confidence. Expect the desert storm to fight the fight of his life and win impressively.
ryustuh
i have bradley winning the rematch as well, but to be perfectly fair we need to ask how much more punishment he can really take before getting seriously hurt. marquez's KO of manny leaves us skeptical of his chin, but ruslan's devastating punches on bradley confirm that he's got a great one just bc he can take the shots?

the damage in boxing is cumulative, and if tim's willing to admit that he was concussed, dizzy, and seeing double vision throughout the rest of that bout, it leads me to believe that he MIGHT be easier to wobble or KO in successive fights. no one comes back from those types of shots with a stronger chin than before. someone said it in another thread, but the shots you don't see coming are the ones that do the most damage, and pac's style sets him up for those types of punches.

all this being said, i think tim does have more confidence, and is a more well-rounded boxer coming into the rematch. also, joel diaz is a solid trainer and i suspect he'll have a good game plan after seeing manny's flaws the first time around.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 09:29 PM) *

LMAO... that was some crazy shit-- a dope fiend move... If Manny loses to Bradley as someone said by Stoppage or obvious wide UD he can forget a Mayweather bout... poor Manny. he may not ever make enough to pay the tax man... Arum owns the guy
aTYpicalTYrant
Does Bradley's contract with TR end this year or next?
mrchitown
I initially picked Tim to win in a rematch but I'm not so sold on it. I think Manny will come out with a much more spirited effort in a rematch and if eh's more active he could win the rounds.

This fight to me is like the Pascal-Bute fight and I say that because I believe like Pascal, this fight means more to Bradley then it does to Manny. I'm trying to figure out which one it was. Reports are saying he favored Bradley but he's said he's felt no need to revisit the rematch. Who knows but this fight has big implications for both of them so there can be no half-steppin
mrchitown
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jan 21 2014, 09:56 PM) *
Does Bradley's contract with TR end this year or next?

December 2014
KSUN247
Are these contracts based on ending at a certain time or after a set number of contracted fights? I can't remember where I've seen it, but some are saying Bradley has only one fight left with Top Rank and others are saying December 2014. Either way, Bradley should move to Golden Boy when the contract is over. I got Bradley winning by Unanimous Decision.
checkleft
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 21 2014, 10:18 PM) *

He also surprised pac at the end of a round in their first fight.
mitukczuk
Let's not forget about TB having both legs fucked up from the beginning of the fight.

I think that if Bradley stays focused and LISTENS to his corner as he did during the Marquez fight, he will beat Manny. And of course, if he doesn't hurt his ankles again...
Manny will be Manny, full attack and little defense. Bradley is crafty enough to crack that with his movement, which won't be impaired by unjuries this time.

Pac has his typical punchers and workrate chance, I think Timmy has more...
mgrover
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jan 22 2014, 09:20 AM) *
Let's not forget about TB having both legs fucked up from the beginning of the fight.

I think that if Bradley stays focused and LISTENS to his corner as he did during the Marquez fight, he will beat Manny. And of course, if he doesn't hurt his ankles again...
Manny will be Manny, full attack and little defense. Bradley is crafty enough to crack that with his movement, which won't be impaired by unjuries this time.

Pac has his typical punchers and workrate chance, I think Timmy has more...

little defense yet Bradley himself was hardly landing anything...
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 22 2014, 04:29 AM) *
little defense yet Bradley himself was hardly landing anything...

It just wasn't thudding enough to mention...

Let's not forget that Manny wasn't landing much either...regardless of what Lampley's eyes told him before he spewed that nonsense to the public.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 07:11 AM) *

Let's not forget that Manny wasn't landing much either...regardless of what Lampley's eyes told him before he spewed that nonsense to the public.

Bradley took some of Manny's shots with no issues. Remember what Bradley's face looked like after the fight? Bradley did well in that fight.

Fight is not signed... what's the hold up? Bradley wants the lions share, I believe. He is the champ.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-pacquiao-b...robably---73874
BrutUalBK
In order for Bradley to win this he has to do it more convincingly than the first bout, I know he won't score a KO but he cannot make this even remotely close because if it is then after the scoring in the first fight he won't get a second victory.

with that said, I still think Bradley wins it but he does it in a more convincing fashion that leaves no doubt whatsoever as to who won.

Bradley by UD
jtiizzle
Bradley by split Decision
BrutUalBK
Bradley took some of Manny's shots with no issues. Remember what Bradley's face looked like after the fight? Bradley did well in that fight.

Fight is not signed... what's the hold up? Bradley wants the lions share, I believe. He is the champ.

Yes Bradley is the champ, has the W over Pac and is the Champ so he deserves more without a doubt but I believe the hold up is due to ROB Arum playing the contract/options game on both of them.

Knowing Arum's shyster ass, he wants options on Bradley and Pac to make this fight
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 01:58 PM) *
gotta do it...who takes the rematch and why? keep hearing it's official but nothing on the TR site.

Pac without the power he had a few years back, and Bradley improving on his defensive skills plus being able to take a punch (or 2,3,4,5,6 dang son) Bradley will win this one no doubt ill bet your house on it.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 03:11 PM) *

oh am not claiming Manny did, am just claiming that people underrate his defense, am sure plenty will bring up the Marquez fight in retaliation but we'll see what type of fight he fights vs Bradley, he didn't want to jump in the trenches and slug it out with Rios did he, but he fought all 3 minutes of every round (although didnt seem to look like he was enjoying it)
ryustuh
i think people give bradley too much credit as being a "boxer", which he is not. the dude likes to engage and brawl if he has too - i can't really say too much about him being the slick boxer type. i hear people all over saying if bradley focuses on boxing manny he will win, but my point is...if manny isn't as aggressive as he was the first time around, and if he shows the same type of behavior he did in the rios fight, we might see bradley swarm him more often in the rematch and get the better of the exchanges.
jontue
Its tough but im going TB on this one . No one can blame TB for what the judges gave him last fight. Manny was sloppy and out of control and some hits looked as if they landed but didn't and when they did land, they didn't phase TB too much with the exception of a few blows.Manny's speed will give him some problems at times but TB has seen it and felt his power already and I think TB is a much more improved fighter then he was the first time around.I just see Manny doing what he did in the marquez fight and "trying to hard" to prove a point and go for the kill from the opening bell. I think when he does that TB will be patient and box him and then be ready for war when manny tries to box him.Sorry for the essay, just trying to get my thoughts out in my first post. You guys are quick with great points and I notice threads pick up quick
mrchitown
QUOTE (KSUN247 @ Jan 21 2014, 11:30 PM) *
Are these contracts based on ending at a certain time or after a set number of contracted fights? I can't remember where I've seen it, but some are saying Bradley has only one fight left with Top Rank and others are saying December 2014. Either way, Bradley should move to Golden Boy when the contract is over. I got Bradley winning by Unanimous Decision.

I believe it's either 2 fights and if he doesn't fight twice it's finished in December of this year. I've posted links and excerpts from interview with Bradley himself saying it previously
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 22 2014, 10:00 AM) *

Who cares? He's not the A-side of the promotion. If he wants the fight then he needs to realize that he can't draw flies to shit, who would give the lion's share to a dud? That's like Cotto splitting the pot 50/50 with Martinez, it's ridiculous

I may put some money on this fight, it has the potential to be better then the 1st
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 22 2014, 07:41 PM) *
i think people give bradley too much credit as being a "boxer", which he is not. the dude likes to engage and brawl if he has too - i can't really say too much about him being the slick boxer type. i hear people all over saying if bradley focuses on boxing manny he will win, but my point is...if manny isn't as aggressive as he was the first time around, and if he shows the same type of behavior he did in the rios fight, we might see bradley swarm him more often in the rematch and get the better of the exchanges.

Boxer/brawler extraordinar
Hotsauce
there will be a robbery
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 22 2014, 04:27 PM) *
Who cares? He's not the A-side of the promotion. If he wants the fight then he needs to realize that he can't draw flies to shit, who would give the lion's share to a dud? That's like Cotto splitting the pot 50/50 with Martinez, it's ridiculous

I may put some money on this fight, it has the potential to be better then the 1st

Tell me how you really feel. Did you just ether TB? Shit! Being the champ and undefeated should have some perks
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 22 2014, 08:56 PM) *
Tell me how you really feel. Did you just ether TB? Shit! Being the champ and undefeated should have some perks

This whole thing is one big soap opera. The "rumors" say Bradley wants 10mil, I know he's stated that the rematch clause. He's supposed to get a set number at least and that no negotiations would take place if it didn't start there. Yeah being champ should have its perks but how many perks does he get when he's resonating with the public? It's unfair to an extent but that's business

Being undefeated shouldn't mean shit. I'm a Mayweather fan just like others but he started this I'm undefeated and thus I should get this this and this. The best of all time have losses. That should tell us something. Going undefeated is a perk in a fighter's career. It shouldn't be used as a crutch. Pep, Ray Robinson, Ali etc. all had multiple loses and all are better fighters then any current undefeated fighter in boxing today. Ray Robinson had 19 losses and he'd starch anybody fighting today. Tim can't even pack his front yard with fans, which pre-Manny fight was understandable. But I think bow he should be more respected in boxing circles but little by little he's getting more exposure. The 3 fights he had last year helped his cause alot and another win over Manny will help but he will never be the A side of many fights because his name, his style for whatever reason doesn't translate to the box office
mgrover
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 22 2014, 11:41 PM) *

If he tries to swarm him hes probably playing into Mannys hands.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 23 2014, 03:06 AM) *
If he tries to swarm him hes probably playing into Mannys hands.

Agreed. I'd much rather see Bradley throwing flurries while he's hurt, than to go out there guns blazing...he usually does better under those circumstances. Lol
Gambit808
Better believe there's gonna be instances where it turns into a dog fight with Both of em' coming in having something to prove since there first tango. Anytime either of these dudes get hit, it's almost like instinct that they need to come right back at you 10 fold. My question is, will Manny be a bit hesitant as he was with Rios? If so, he could either get out worked or caught with something.

mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 03:02 AM) *
We're also talking about a guy who has been KO'd since the first fight. JMM doesn't have that much power at WW, but a well placed punch can do the trick...it usually puts guys on their asses. At this point, Im not sure...Manny may come out in a blaze of glory and NOT give Tim the chance to hurt him, or Tim may come out in the same fashion...who knows??? It kinda goes back to your first post though.

I just remembered this, your on about a guy that had Bradley moving constantly because standing still meant getting hit, since Marquez has KOed Pac everybodys pretty shit scared of his right hand.
klonopinz
i think mannys gonna go all out on this one. i could def see him taking the split decisoon this time around. pacquiao was timing bradley very well for the first 6 rounds then he pulled a de la hoya trinidad and got relaxed because bradley wasnt doing shit to him, he was getting points but he got non of mannys respect. i think manny gassed and tim ddint, thats hy he won. if pacman comes in shape, i think he will win.
bnoles4life
I could see TB actually winning this on movement, faints and counters. I don't believe Manny can take the same approach w/ TB as he did w/ Rios. Rios was knocking on the front door, broad daylight and all. Manny could afford to be patient, but let's be honest, that "patience" was apprehension. Both he and Freddie figured out, once that chin gets cracked, that crack is there forever. Hence, the measured aggression vs. Rios (did I mention, Rios knocked on the front door all night?). Now, TB will (if he's smart) give Manny angles and (again, if he's smart) won't wear a sign that seemingly says, "Will get punched for food" a la Rios. I'm interested to see, how Manny will take NOT being able to land at will.

All that being said, I don't think Manny loses, regardless of what he does or doesn't do, for that matter, in the ring. That Mayweather "carrot" is too big and too popular for him to ACTUALLY lose. Bob won't serve him up again.....unless of course, he keeps talk'n that "I'll fight for free and give all the money to charity" BS. Keep that up, The Bobfather will have him "Margarito'd" in sparring.
DigitalBoom
There is a reason this fight is happening in april and I think Arum is hoping to do a belt shuffle..We know Bradley is destined to leave Top Rank he's hit that glass ceiling there. Although I feel he should've lost that first fight by one round at the very least he got the win on record. Now that was right at the point where Pacquaio's future was in question..lots of retirement talk and life after boxing. So we got a controversial decision. Now here we are again...2 years later in the same situation. Only this time Arum is having issues with Dunkin publicly and both men who are fighting are at the @ss end of their contracts. I'm seeing Bradley losing one way or another this fight, short of a KO I don't see him winning..he's less likely of the two to stay with Top Rank and that would give Arum a fall fight outside of the U.S. to use as he sees fit..mind you that fight will be in November one month before his deal with Pacquaio is up. Now if he can't get the man to sign an extension for that fall fight whoever he's facing will get them belts and keep them in Top Rank...This shhh seems to always happen when there is any risk of the belts leaving Top Rank it's their biggest bargaining chip. Just my humble 2 cents.
Whyu1nunno
I got TB... following my heart on this one lol. My mind tells me Pacquiao has this in the bag via ROBBAY ARUM UD already.. . But I feel if all is fair, Timmy has learned his lessons from the first fight, knows the speed, can handle the power, and will be ready. I fully expect a more efficient and busy Tim, and a Pac that, after getting tagged during or after a few of those sloppy, leaping, Street fighter Ultra Combo whiffs, becomes more hesitant and that will be a pretty big issue later once Pac realizes his "speed" and "power" aren't enough to get this tough SOB outta there and has to actually box. TB by UD
AZWildCat
Killer instinct?
Dolimite
contracts have yet to be signed. Its almost February and the fight has not been sealed... press tours and training camps can't be set. Either Arum is waiting to officially announce the fight Spuerbowl weekend or someone ain't happy with the contracts.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 01:58 PM) *
gotta do it...who takes the rematch and why? keep hearing it's official but nothing on the TR site.

Bradley by UD convincingly

First I will say, I think both boxers will be more confident "IF" strict and random testing is performed and if this is the case then the following:

Referencing the Bradley-Prov fight, Prov bombarded Tim with all he could possibly give him and he still couldn't take Tim out, and really, it wasn't so much that he couldn't it was more so that Tim just wasn't going out, the dude was "knocked out" while standing and still throwing punches...lol Dang. Anybody that has to go up against Bradley and has seen this fight where he show endless heart,endurance, and resistance has to already be second guessing themselves even before the fight; including Pac/Roach. Now Pac he is one of my fav's too, but going by his last fight, he just doesn't pac the punch he used to (pun inteded) Having said that, I think Bradley will come in fighting defensively in the first few rounds just to test the waters but eventually WILL GO TOE-TO-TOE W/ Pac and will win a UD convincingly, but now days the second part of the question, who do we think the judges will push for? The winner of this fight will have go to against the champ next; Floyd.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 08:29 PM) *

I just dont think Pac has enough to beat Bradley, the first one was actually closer than it seemed and since then Bradley has gotten better and we have gotten to see what he really is made of in the Prov fight. Pac on the other hand is on the decline, against Rios he could just never pull the trigger.

Bradley wants it more than Pac at this point, he will eventually will come out with the same agenda he came with against Prov.
As to the whole charity thing, I believe the point of that was not necessarily for it to take place next, but for them to atleast START talking about putting the fight together.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 21 2014, 06:51 PM) *
Bradley wins this one, but he might get robbed. Pactards then will say something like justice is done lol

I honestly believe if anyone is going to get robbed, it's going to be Pac b/c seeing that Pac is on his way out, it would be in $$$ best interest to keep Bradley undefeated, he will be the next cash cow, a Floyd-Bradley fight is looking very interesting the good and against the bad someones "O" has got to GO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.