Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Carl Froch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Gambit808
Man, 2014 shaping up to be another good year for boxing. This is a good fight in which I know Andre Ward will be looking at. Who u got in this one when/if made?
mgrover
Chavez's power didn't seem to faze Vera as much as we thought, Froch is going to start slow, and so does Chavez Jr, so am tuning in at round 4 lol. But really Froch can take it, after a war, but yeah.
Cshel86
March 1, 2014 (at approximately 11:50 PM EST/8:50 PM PCT)

<Michael Buffer>..."and the winner, by split decision...JULIO! Caserrrrr Chaveeeeez, Juuuuuuunior"

*crowd boos*

Kellerman: "That was pretty a good performance you put on in there, but man, that was CLOSE fight. How do you feel about the decision?"
Chavez: *speaking Spanish*
Olaya: "Yes, yes, there a couple of close rounds, but he couldn't hurt me, not at all. I didn't despair, no no not at all. He couldn't take my punches. I was the aggressor all night long"

Kellerman: "After all of the controversy of drug testing, trainers, and weight issues, do you feel that you're back on track?"
Olaya: "Of course, things are better now. My camp was great for this fight, I was more prepared this time. I never had weight problems. Vera's a good fighter, but tonight was my night. I was confident"

Kellerman: "What does this victory do for the Chavez name?"
Olaya: "I just want to thank all of the fans for coming out tonight and supporting me. I'll be back in the ring soon, for all of Mexico"
*Blank stare from Chavez Sr.*

Kellerman: "Julio, Julio, as I'm sure you've heard, there are rumors floating around about a possible match with Carl Froch. Who do you want next?"
Chavez: *speaks Spanish*
Olaya: "We've heard nothing of a Froch fight, we were focused on Vera. I'm willing to fight anybody"
*Arum behind him* {thinking} "The Froch fight was signed yesterday evening...bunch of dummies*

Kellerman (being the persistent fuckstick that he is): "Who's next. Name one"
Chavez: speaking Spanish*
Olaya: "We don't know yet, but we'll fight anybody. I'll leave that up to my promoter"

Kellerman: "Thanks Julio. Before you go, what weight will the Fro--
Chavez: "Viva Mexico!!!" *Speaks some Spanish while walking away*

Saturday night's headline: Chavez decisions Vera in a close fight.
Monday morning's headline: Deal reached for Chavez vs Froch, June 7
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 04:27 PM) *

<Michael Buffer>..."and the winner, by split decision...JULIO! Caserrrrr Chaveeeeez, Juuuuuuunior"

*crowd boos*

Kellerman: "That was pretty a good performance you put on in there, but man, that was CLOSE fight. How do you feel about the decision?"
Olaya: "Yes, yes, there a couple of close rounds, but he couldn't hurt me, not at all. I didn't despair, no no not at all. He couldn't take my punches. I was the aggressor all night long"

Kellerman: "After all of the controversy of drug testing, trainers, and weight issues, do you feel that you're back on track?"
Olaya: "Of course, things are better now. My camp was great for this fight, I was more prepared this time. I never had weight problems. Vera's a good fighter, but tonight was my night. I was confident"

Olaya: "I just want to thank all of the fans for coming out tonight and supporting me. I'll be back in the ring soon, for all of Mexico"

Kellerman: "Julio, Julio, as I'm sure you've heard, there are rumors floating around about a possible match with Carl Froch. Who do you want next?"
Olaya: "We've heard nothing of a Froch fight, we were focused on Vera. I'm willing to fight anybody"
*Arum behind him* {thinking} "The Froch fight was signed yesterday evening...bunch of dummies*

Olaya: "We don't know yet, but we'll fight anybody. I'll leave that up to my promoter"

why even make the fight now.
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 23 2014, 03:23 PM) *
Chavez's power didn't seem to faze Vera as much as we thought, Froch is going to start slow, and so does Chavez Jr, so am tuning in at round 4 lol. But really Froch can take it, after a war, but yeah.

Vera better find a way to put the stamp on his last performance or the same thing will happen again.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2014, 03:41 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing. Why even let it surface? Total disrespect to Vera...once again, might I add. Who knows, Vera may go for the gusto for real on March 1st...and throw a monkey wrench in everything. I doubt it though, Bob does a good job of matching losers...so Chavez is gonna fight Froch, regardless.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 04:27 PM) *

*crowd boos*

You had that vision too laugh.gif
AZWildCat
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2014, 04:41 PM) *

So froch don't get Molly whopped in the meantime. And the fight still makes sense and money
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 23 2014, 04:05 PM) *
You had that vision too laugh.gif

Yep, made my ass hurt as soon as I read the Froch/Chavez "possibility" headline. Poor Vera...dude is gonna get shafted...again. Lol

Max Kellerman's gonna push the envelope on this one...I can just feel it.
Gambit808
This probably is the best possible way to feed Chavez Jr. to "the wolf" Andre Ward, given that he goes (2-0) from now until then. A whole lot of punishment to take as well.
mgrover
The issue is this guy is going to fight Frochs type of fight, look at the Kessler fight, Froch loves it in there, sure he can obviously be hurt and dropped, but hes made it a habit to come back.
ryustuh
given he's already talking about carl, i think jcc's gonna come into the vera rematch overconfident and out of shape again. i'm praying vera can do more than enough to make a robbery impossible. hard to say what a froch fight would look like given we never know what kind of chavez is showing up on that particular night. however it goes down, i see chavez taking a beating from both vera and froch before being led to his demise against ward.
Dolimite
What happened to that Sergio Martinez rematch?

Carl is cashing out and jr. is trying to add quality names to his resume.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 23 2014, 04:18 PM) *
This probably is the best possible way to feed Chavez Jr. to "the wolf" Andre Ward, given that he goes (2-0) from now until then. A whole lot of punishment to take as well.

Marketing

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 23 2014, 04:37 PM) *
given he's already talking about carl, i think jcc's gonna come into the vera rematch overconfident and out of shape again. i'm praying vera can do more than enough to make a robbery impossible. hard to say what a froch fight would look like given we never know what kind of chavez is showing up on that particular night. however it goes down, i see chavez taking a beating from both vera and froch before being led to his demise against ward.

Yea Vera is at the short end of the stick. But word is cheech is in shape ...we'll see if it matters or if Vera is that good iort Chavez is what they say he is...untilled then he'll salvage himself in my eyes Vera an froch are nit threats to him
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2014, 09:55 PM) *
What happened to that Sergio Martinez rematch?

Carl is cashing out and jr. is trying to add quality names to his resume.

First JCC Jr needs to join weight watchers to lose the weight.
mrchitown
This has the potential to be a great fight, but I don't like when fighters have something set or are already looking ahead when they have a fight coming up. I've never liked that and in this case, it's not a given that JCC Jr will get past Vera. We don't know how that fight will unfold on March 1st.

Regardless, as Cshel said, Arum has zero issues with putting a recent losing fighter in with anyone. Whether JCC Jr loses or wins against Vera, I'd still watch the fight because neither one of them really have a edge imo. Chavez Jr is coasting off his father's name and has weight issues amongst other issues and Froch isn't the fighter he used to be
Cshel86
Sounds like this is gonna be a PPV?

Personally, I dont mind paying for it...cant sit here and say that I wont dick $60 a month anyway.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 09:46 PM) *
Sounds like this is gonna be a PPV?

Personally, I dont mind paying for it...cant sit here and say that I wont dick $60 a month anyway.

shiiit what is that like 3 drinks at the club? i try to go to the places where they offer the fights for a $5 or $10 buy-in, but by the time i get drinks and food there it ends up all bein the same.
BoxingEinstein

What a unbelievable war this will be and it looks like Vera will be in the way.

They should call that fight,"War of Two Worlds" or "TNT" or maybe "Colossal Clash" lol

Anyways I pick Vera to beat Jr. again and since Jr. is very undisciplined I don't think having a big fight helps either way. The only way he gets motivated if he's motivated, simple as that. Wards cash cow milking will get derailed since Vera will be even more motivated to put an end to this waste of size and talent.

Then again who knows which Chavez will show up, if its the one in the Andy Lee fight or better then he could possibly stop Vera....we'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.