Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45PM(ET)/6:45(PT)-Garcia vs. Burgos-SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
Follow all the round-by-round commentary and postfight reactions to HBO's boxing card tonight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Garcia/Burgos: I'm not sure how Garcia fairs against Burgo's height, stalker mentality, and ability to take a punch. I think Burgos gives him something to think about tonight.

Jennings/Spitsssa (whatever his name is): Jennings needs to be careful tonight. I'm almost sure that Jennings has the advantage in regards to skills, but if it turns into a brawl. If anything, if the bright lights dont get to Jennings, then he'll skate to a easy UD.
Dolimite
crickets
ryustuh
jennings cockin that right back. in perfect position to land it but he's not setting it up well and making it too obvious. little to no jabs.
The Original MrFactor
Jennings vs Dr Evil...

Hard to pick against Dr Evil.....
ryustuh
some of jenning's shots getting through now and a few of them getting szpilka's attention. bryant opening up with some lead left hooks. looks relaxed.
ryustuh
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 25 2014, 10:06 PM) *
Jennings vs Dr Evil...

Hard to pick against Dr Evil.....

lmao he reminds me of a bigger version of that bald dude in top gun
ryustuh
szpilka had a good round 5. jennings looks a little fatigued and still looking for the big money shots, and not setting anything up.
ryustuh
nice shot to the solar plex drops szpilka. jennings is jumping on him. szpilka clinches. saved by the bell.
klonopinz
nice ko by jennings. damn
ryustuh
jennings shoulda ended this one earlier, but glad he finished well...whatever not a great fight
ryustuh
mikey looks good landing that stiff jab and left hook in the opening round.
ryustuh
nice hook from burgos. mikey was wobbled at the end of the 2nd.
ryustuh
burgos looks faded already. needs to throw more and stop pawing the jab.
ryustuh
mikey looks like he's closing the distance slowly but surely. def careful, but precise with his shots. solid 9th round.
ryustuh
good showing from mikey would've liked to see a little more aggression esp. when the opportunities presented themselves
mrchitown
Both fights went how I expected them to go but I saw some negatives from both Bryant and Mikey. I'm hoping Bryant steps up his competition level before he really goes for a world title because he's not ready

I'd like to see Mikey fight Gamboa, to see if Gamboa will come in focused and to see how well Mikey's chin holds up. He's been rocked quite a few times recently and if he's going to be put on the fast track to the higher weight classes he's going to have to take those punches better
checkleft
Hbo needs to fire everyone BUT ward. Get some ex boxers as commentators, these dudes are ko hungry and just completely disrespected two guys who were using their skills to try and compete at the highest level. Mikey was impressive, gamboa can win but only by using angles and his legs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.