Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bryant Jennings??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
I liked seeing him on HBO tonite. I think this guy is the truth. Much moreso than Deontay Wilder. i think this guy may be the best American in the game at HW. He's got size and incredible reach. I think he may match well with Wlad Klitschko sooner than we think. I dont want to see him rushed, but i think he's the best threat we've seen in years to take it to ole Klit... I hope so...
Whyu1nunno
Better than Tay Tay?? Cmon son. I love Jennings but really... Klits were going to WAR with Tay Tay in sparring for a minute.... Dude has an Olympic medal off of just a short time training.... Ain't nobody messing with the kid but I'm from Mississippi and we keep our Alabama brothers close lol... so I may be a bit bias. Also... Anyone who puts a vaginal gash on David Have 's face is a hero in my book. Just like with Jennings, I cant wait to see them in the ring with someone real. Malik Scott is a good continuation for Wilder but both guys will have to get put into the Lions den with one of the heavy hitters that have a great chin. Hopefully they perform well, as this is one of the HW matchups I'd like to see down the line. Jennings can box his ass off though. Good performance
ryustuh
don't want to take anything away from bryant. i think he's got good movement for his size and slips punches well, but he looks like he's banking on the big power shot a lot, and doesn't set up his combos well. from the outside, i see him lunging in with his head open for the taking, and he doesn't utilize his jab enough esp with the reach you mentioned. against opponents like the klistchko's, it's gonna be difficult for jennings to use his style and establish the solid work he normally puts in on the inside. again, a strong contender, but i see wlad taking his head off with the 1-2 all day from the outside.
MAHDI
Jennings has some physical tools but fights tentative and does not throw enough combos... His chin is suspect. I think Bermane Stiverne is a better contender and Stiverne would clean his clock- ko him
Dolimite
Jennings is a good fighter but he lacks speed and his jab needs work.
klonopinz
no doubt, he started boxing at 24, so of course hes gonna be lacking fundamentals, but i beleive he can catch up quickly, he has been so far. i think he could beat chris arreola
mrchitown
Jennings don't have no size, he's a small HW and that's putting it mildly. If I had to compare him I'd compare him to a young Holyfield minus the PED's thought lol. But like Evan, I mean Evander lol, he makes up for what he lacks in work rate and determination. Plus like Evander he's never out of the gym, he stays in shape and ready to fight.

He has a nice left hook and a pretty good right hand but he better improve that foot work, it's not the worse but it'll need more work if he's to become a true force in the division. I like what I've seen from him thus far and I can't wait to see.more but right now he needs to start fighting some stiffer competition before he gets in their with the top tier guys and challenges for a world title. But I think he'd lose if he fought Stiverne and Deontay
Cshel86
Throw him in there with Seth Mitchell
checkleft
I thought he looked very skilled an agile, but he looks very small for a HW.
Plah
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 26 2014, 04:00 PM) *
Jennings don't have no size, he's a small HW and that's putting it mildly. If I had to compare him I'd compare him to a young Holyfield minus the PED's thought lol. But like Evan, I mean Evander lol, he makes up for what he lacks in work rate and determination.

Lmao
Cheesey1
Jennings is an interesting heavyweight. Definitely smallish for the division, but if his punch resistance holds up and if I'm not hallucinating that his power seems to be improving / increasing since his earlier days, then who knows.

Stiverne vs. Arreola. After Stiverne wins, Klitschko had better give Stiverne his legit shot. Kllitschko will still do the 'Klitschko-Octopus', but Stiverne may be a bit too strong to be tied up like that. If Stiverne looks good against Arreola, no way is 'Octo-Klistchko' making that boxing match happen.
Franchize
Jennings is more skilled than Wilder but he lacks the physical attributes to be a threat to a Klitschko. I like him though. In actuality, he's more of a cruiserweight.
The Original MrFactor
He's listed as 6'3" and 225lbs, with 84' reach finger tip to finger tip. He's not really a smallish guy. Holyfield was a great comparison, but add some size and tremendous reach. I was thinking A BIG Winky Wright with some power.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Plah @ Jan 26 2014, 06:49 PM) *
Lmao

Yeah you know what's up lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 26 2014, 11:31 PM) *
He's listed as 6'3" and 225lbs, with 84' reach finger tip to finger tip. He's not really a smallish guy. Holyfield was a great comparison, but add some size and tremendous reach. I was thinking A BIG Winky Wright with some power.

I remember a few fights they said he was 6'2 now he 6'3...didn't know you could still grow at that age. he may be 225 but look at him physically, he's reminiscent of Evander. He's going in there with dudes who have the physicality advantage over him. He's not a BIG HW. You can see that just by looking at him

Look at Deontay, David Price, Bermane and other HW's from a physical standpoint. Jennings doesn't measure up and it has nothing to do with weight, he just has a small frame. I don't think size when I think of Bryant, that's why I compared him to Evander because he has a cruiserweight frame yet he's getting the job done with the big dogs
BrutUalBK
I thought Jennings did a fine job against a guy in Spilzka (hope I spelled it right) who was kinda wildly in a sneaky kinda way with those shots he was throwing from crazy angles and off-kilter; someone a little less adept probably would've ran into those shots and been put to sleep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.