Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jermell charlo
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AZWildCat
So what do you guys feel is next for jermell?

IMO no one elite anytime soon. Maybe 4 more gate keepers/contenders and then go after a major title or name
Dolimite
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 26 2014, 11:09 AM) *
So what do you guys feel is next for jermell?

IMO no one elite anytime soon. Maybe 4 more gate keepers/contenders and then go after a major title or name

I been watching both twins for two years now. I think Jermell should fight Lara or Kirkland. Jermall is the better fighter between the two. Jermall has killer instinct.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2014, 02:15 PM) *
I been watching both twins for two years now. I think Jermell should fight Lara or Kirkland. Jermall is the better fighter between the two. Jermall has killer instinct.

a fight with kirkland would be nice and a good test for jermell. very impressed with the accuracy, speed, and power behind his stiff jab yesterday.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2014, 02:15 PM) *

I'd save Lara for jermall maybe trout for jermell next..jermall the better of the two by far
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2014, 12:15 PM) *

You do know the Charlo bros and Lara have the same trainer right? And besides that your throwing him to the wolf, he's not ready for that type of fight yet. He should fight a Bundrage and then maybe look for a title shot against Demetrius Andrade. I'd like that fight as I'm pretty high on Andrade as well
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 26 2014, 04:09 PM) *
You do know the Charlo bros and Lara have the same trainer right? And besides that your throwing him to the wolf, he's not ready for that type of fight yet. He should fight a Bundrage and then maybe look for a title shot against Demetrius Andrade. I'd like that fight as I'm pretty high on Andrade as well

Even after he mentioned Lara sparring helped him I still forgot about Ronnie........ain't andrade wit top snake?
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 26 2014, 03:12 PM) *
Even after he mentioned Lara sparring helped him I still forgot about Ronnie........ain't andrade wit top snake?

Hell no he ain't with them lol. He's with star boxing I believe. I've met him on numerous occasions. He's a real good guy. People get the wrong impression of him, but Demetrius is the definition of a fighter.
klonopinz
he wont even fight lara because they are both trained by ronnie shields and are sparring partners. i say the tins move up to middleweight in the future and one of them take kid choc belt. one of them could end up fighting canelo, trout, cotto, smith, adnrade, martirosyan, angulo, hell even thurman. kirkland would be an issue for them twins, he would crack them up, they aint ready for him yet.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 26 2014, 02:09 PM) *

Yes Chi I know this information, however that would be an exciting fight. Actually think.Andre Dirrell would be a better test. K9 sounds cool, IsheSmith is another one. Maybe a year from now it can happen.
Marcus
Jermell Vs. Austin Trout As the undercard of the winner of Canelo/Angulo Vs. Lara in texas. that would be Huge. Canelo's a big draw in texas not to mention the Charlos and trout are form texas.

If these two twins keep on putting on performances like the erislandy lara'esqe performance we saw yesterday, i can see Ronnie Sheilds as up and runner for trainer of the year. He has a great fighter (Lara) and two good up and comers at 154. And if Jermall can deal with Molina's style impressively i think that'll be a real eye opener.
Cshel86
Put him in there with Clottey since he fights at 154 now. I believe he was being scouted for a Mundine fight, but they couldn't get him in Mundine's backyard on 10 days notice.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2014, 04:19 PM) *
Yes Chi I know this information, however that would be an exciting fight. Actually think.Andre Dirrell would be a better test. K9 sounds cool, IsheSmith is another one. Maybe a year from now it can happen.

You mean 168 Andre Dirrell? The matrix Andre Dirrell? He too big and even if he wasn't neither Charlo would beat him.....im interesting in seeing how his brother handles Molina. I know people don't like his style but he can take away what a fighter does well and beat them. It's some good fights to be made with either brother but as far as Jermell, I'd like to see one more solid opponent and then a title fight
Jovi
OoOOOOO Andrade!!!! Perfect fight

Jermell Charlo vs Demetrius Andrade, this is an amazing fight, if both of them were stars this would be PPV. This is definitely a pick em fight, both are at 154 and Charlo and now a valid contender. If Jermall beats molina and gets the title, then Jermell can vs Andrade for the title and they could BOTH be champions this year. Wow very impressive for both of them if they both get the belt this year.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 26 2014, 05:44 PM) *
You mean 168 Andre Dirrell? The matrix Andre Dirrell? He too big and even if he wasn't neither Charlo would beat him.....im interesting in seeing how his brother handles Molina. I know people don't like his style but he can take away what a fighter does well and beat them. It's some good fights to be made with either brother but as far as Jermell, I'd like to see one more solid opponent and then a title fight

I was thinking they could meet at 160 but hey. I think Jermall is the better fighter and against Molina he will adjust. He is going to be taken in deep waters but I know he will adjust. Jermell could fight Kirkland maybe Canelo.
The Original MrFactor
I didnt see what the hoopla was about him. He was ok tonite. does everything pretty good, nothing stands out. Reminded me of Terry Norris a little bit.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2014, 08:23 PM) *
I was thinking they could meet at 160 but hey. I think Jermall is the better fighter and against Molina he will adjust. He is going to be taken in deep waters but I know he will adjust. Jermell could fight Kirkland maybe Canelo.

I doubt Dirrell would be willing to drop down to fight either one of those guys, it doesn't make sense and he's been at SMW so long why would he drain himself for some up and comers...if this fantasy ever came about I'd take Dirrell

At some point I can see one of them fighting Canelo, sooner or later Canelo is going to have to tangle with the Lara's and Molina's and other true jr MW's. He nay have problems with Angulo in March for all we know
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jovi @ Jan 26 2014, 08:09 PM) *
OoOOOOO Andrade!!!! Perfect fight

Jermell Charlo vs Demetrius Andrade, this is an amazing fight, if both of them were stars this would be PPV. This is definitely a pick em fight, both are at 154 and Charlo and now a valid contender. If Jermall beats molina and gets the title, then Jermell can vs Andrade for the title and they could BOTH be champions this year. Wow very impressive for both of them if they both get the belt this year.

It's a perfect fight for both and it's a true pick'em fight. Both can box pretty good. I think of Andrade is able to keep Charlo on the outside he'd take a clear UD but if Charlo can slip Andrade's jab and get inside and fire off some combinations then he wins
Dolimite
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 26 2014, 09:40 PM) *
I didnt see what the hoopla was about him. He was ok tonite. does everything pretty good, nothing stands out. Reminded me of Terry Norris a little bit.

Wow, that's like comparing Sisqo to Prince. Damn!
karmine20
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 26 2014, 05:14 PM) *
he wont even fight lara because they are both trained by ronnie shields and are sparring partners. i say the tins move up to middleweight in the future and one of them take kid choc belt. one of them could end up fighting canelo, trout, cotto, smith, adnrade, martirosyan, angulo, hell even thurman. kirkland would be an issue for them twins, he would crack them up, they aint ready for him yet.

First of Martirosyan is a top rank righter and how in one hand can you say he could end of fighting angulo and all those other people but then say kirkland would crack them up. HA HA HA HA that is blasphemy especially since kirkland prolly is a hard hitter just like angulo. and if im not mistaken angulo had him hurt when he fought him while he was being trained by nacho. the reason i used that as an example is because its called boxing for a reason. no one knows who will win and who wont but he is definitly well on his way. I'd actually favor him against kirkland because kirkland is too stiff and flat footed.
TheCritics
I want Jermell to gain 6 pounds to separate their career paths
AZWildCat
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jan 27 2014, 01:40 AM) *

I concur

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 27 2014, 11:05 AM) *
[/b]
Wow, that's like comparing Sisqo to Prince. Damn!

really ...sisqo & prince ...... that was the comparison of all comparisons you could come up wit and you choze them .......Shelly insert one of those good pics you got saved...yea that one

And David kassel really said 100% ready laugh.gif ....for a title shot laugh.gif .... "COME ON MAN!!!!!!"
Dolimite
Being an Arizona fan I understand that comprehension isn't a strong area for you. comparing Sisqo to Prince is a terrible comparison , which is why I said it. Sisqo can't shit in the same toilet as Prince.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 27 2014, 10:06 PM) *
Being an Arizona fan I understand that comprehension isn't a strong area for you. comparing Sisqo to Prince is a terrible comparison , which is why I said it. Sisqo can't shit in the same toilet as Prince.

I got that part it was just the two individualdls involved....and we still number..nevermind your right its as had as rooting for The cowboys
Dolimite
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 27 2014, 08:26 PM) *
I got that part it was just the two individualdls involved....and we still number..nevermind your right its as had as rooting for The cowboys

I hate the cowboys and yes ya'll are 20-0 and have a very good back court but ya'll are going to take a L.
klonopinz
charlo fought decent, i think it was more of gabby just sucking. id like to see charlo in there with a real puncher like angulo or cotto.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 29 2014, 07:13 PM) *
charlo fought decent, i think it was more of gabby just sucking. id like to see charlo in there with a real puncher like angulo or cotto.

i have a feeling collazo thurman and jermell are gonna be seein one another very soon.
Dolimite
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 31 2014, 05:40 PM) *
i have a feeling collazo thurman and jermell are gonna be seein one another very soon.

I can see Collazo vs. Charlo, Collazo has a belt and this would be a nice step up in competition for Jermell. I am curious to see how Jermall does with Molina.
beenKOed
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 26 2014, 10:15 AM) *

Lara is a bad choice, he's like a new computer game that no one has figured out yet. He's a sharpshooter, patient as hell, very quick and he reminds me of Floyd in the way he watches his opponent for a couple of rounds and then picks them apart. He looks awkward with his in and out style, but after he has his whole game going he is very effect. I wouldn't wish that fucker on any youngish fighter.
Franchize
Is it bad that I have to google them every single time to remember who fought who? I'm bad with twins. Only ones I get right are the ones who play basketball.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.