Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garcia/Herrera, De Leon/Lopez (rematch), Wilder/Scott card in Puerto Rico
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera is set for March 15th in PR. Looks like they'll stage a rematch with Ponce De Leon and Juanma...since Juanma is a free agent. I think that GBP will try and stage a fight between Juanma and that Gary Russell Jr guy sometime this year.

I'm a bit psyched for the Deontay Wilder and Malik Scott fight...they really broke their necks to make this fight..being that Wilder has been fighting substitute teachers for the longest.

Herrera is a tough customer...some of yall can google him, since I KNOW that yall haven't seen him fight before.

laugh.gif

Thoughts?
TheCritics
decent card in my estimation... that Russell Jr dude asked Schaefer for Gonzalez and was turned down

nobody talks about that though, they only parrot Doofus Dan with his wackass TBA shtick
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 28 2014, 09:12 PM) *
Herrera is a tough customer...some of yall can google him, since I KNOW that yall haven't seen him fight before.

laugh.gif

Thoughts?

Seen him fight "hard hitta" a while back....its a look good fight and he is entitled to it....
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 28 2014, 09:12 PM) *
Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera is set for March 15th in PR. Looks like they'll stage a rematch with Ponce De Leon and Juanma...since Juanma is a free agent. I think that GBP will try and stage a fight between Juanma and that Gary Russell Jr guy sometime this year.

I'm a bit psyched for the Deontay Wilder and Malik Scott fight...they really broke their necks to make this fight..being that Wilder has been fighting substitute teachers for the longest.

laugh.gif

Thoughts?

I thought he started fighting legit teachers???

Herrera fought hard hitta as someone mentioned earlier in a sloppy fight. Not the best match up for him that night.
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Jan 28 2014, 09:40 PM) *
decent card in my estimation... that Russell Jr dude asked Schaefer for Gonzalez and was turned down

nobody talks about that though, they only parrot Doofus Dan with his wackass TBA shtick

Why on earth would gonzalez give up a nice pay day with abner to fight Gary "bum of the month club" Russell? Because I'm assuming youre talking about yhonny. Plus he is no cakewalk odds are he puts his ass to sleep also with the competition Gary has been fighting.
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 28 2014, 10:33 PM) *
Seen him fight "hard hitta" a while back....its a look good fight and he is entitled to it....

What ever happened to hard hitta???
TheCritics
Hard Hitter signed with Top Rematchnk recently so he's waiting for his sequel, and if Gonzalez doesn't feel he'll beat Russell so be it, BUT atleast the parrots can stop following Rafeal like sheep... TBA=Johnny Gonzalez
mrchitown
Pretty good card. And its a good idea by GB to put a card on in PR with Danny headlining
Franchize
Not saying Herrera isn't good, because I honestly don't know much about him, but why that fight now? Isn't this the point where you ride your wave and get a big name? Especially when there are lots of names to chose from. Seems like high risk, low reward for Danny.
checkleft
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Jan 29 2014, 12:32 AM) *
Hard Hitter signed with Top Rematchnk recently so he's waiting for his sequel, and if Gonzalez doesn't feel he'll beat Russell so be it, BUT atleast the parrots can stop following Rafeal like sheep... TBA=Johnny Gonzalez

I don't think its a matter of him not being able to beat Jr. It's more of a matter of who the fuck has grj ever beaten to even deserve a title shot.
checkleft
Not to mention Russell brings nothing to the table
klonopinz
karim mayfield beat hererra if im not mistaken, and i know he has sparred with danny in the past, i see danny smashin dude. he beat the siberian psycho in a close fight that i had a draw. rocky oulda won the fight if he had jabbed with the jabber, but he wanted the knockout so he lost. danny can box dude if he wants to, but i see him blowing hererra out the ring with a old fashioned frazier philly hook to the grill. weak, i was hoping danny would stay on ice for lamont, but it seems that he ill take that fight in the summer.

cant wait to see wilder ko another guy into seizure.

excited for redemption rematch also, juanma and ponce always come to fight.

PR nice! PR needs a good showing, theyve been almost forgotten recently.
AZWildCat
Karim said angel kicked him out of the Garcia:Judah camp cuz he was whooping Danny's ass....but he still sitting on top snake like most
Gambit808
If all these fights are set in stone, no complaining over here, I like it. I think some people that don't like the opposition chosen by Garcia is quick to forget about how many upsets we seen last year. Not to say this could be the case here, then again, not to say it can't. DG has proved me wrong in showing he has a bright future ahead of him, so I won't be so quick to criticize Harrera as his chosen opponent since it is his sort of coming out event for the PR audience and Herrera's coming in with nothing to lose and everything to gain. The Wilder/Scott fight is interesting to me the most. Finally somebody with a pulse.
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 31 2014, 12:21 PM) *
Karim said angel kicked him out of the Garcia:Judah camp cuz he was whooping Danny's ass....but he still sitting on top snake like most

He could be telling the truth. It was reported that Danny wasn't training properly and that he was out in the club with his pops and then the mysterious injury came up. As far as Karim, he needs to fight the way he says he spared Danny because he's irrelevant in the boxing world
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 31 2014, 10:41 PM) *
He could be telling the truth. It was reported that Danny wasn't training properly and that he was out in the club with his pops and then the mysterious injury came up. As far as Karim, he needs to fight the way he says he spared Danny because he's irrelevant in the boxing world

From what I've seen he's not bad at all. Nothing stands out talent wise he's pretty well r"ounded in all areas. He like a baby Ward but more offensive .. top ranks had em sat down for a while now. He was calling everyone out a few months back. He been quite lately. One of hunters better pupils if you ask me
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 31 2014, 11:41 PM) *

Could definitely be true. A lot of people get sent home for that
What injury??

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 01:29 AM) *
From what I've seen he's not bad at all. Nothing stands out talent wise he's pretty well r"ounded in all areas. He like a baby Ward but more offensive .. top ranks had em sat down for a while now. He was calling everyone out a few months back. He been quite lately. One of hunters better pupils if you ask me

He's a little wild, he reminds me of fortuna. I like that brandon kid hunter trains he's very good
AZWildCat
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 1 2014, 12:43 AM) *
What injury??

He's a little wild, he reminds me of fortuna. I like that brandon kid hunter trains he's very good

Rib injury

Yeah the one that got robbed against Tommy gun......Brandon Gonzalez
checkleft
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 12:47 PM) *
Rib injury

Yeah the one that got robbed against Tommy gun......Brandon Gonzalez

When did this rib injury happen?

I saw gonzalez on Hbo against a foreign prospect, they drew. I thought he took it though, very well rounded fighter.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 1 2014, 12:04 PM) *
When did this rib injury happen?

I saw gonzalez on Hbo against a foreign prospect, they drew. I thought he took it though, very well rounded fighter.

It happened about a week or two before the original date.

Yea that's Tom I'm not gonna butcher his real name
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 31 2014, 11:43 PM) *
What injury??

Remember the fight with Zab was originally supposed to be in Feb but it was pushed back to April. You don't remember that? Seems like alot of GB fighters get rib injuries. And he claimed he had one but there were pictures he was posting on his instagram before and after, along with media reports with him and Angel in the club just living it up. And looking at images of his camp til that point he was badly out of shape. I think if the fight would've went ahead as it should've, then Zab might have had a better shot at winning
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 31 2014, 11:29 PM) *

He's avg, I hear he's good but it's not translating to his performances. Maybe he's a practice player. Only good when the pressure isn't on. because I've yet to see him have a breakout performance in the ring. Maybe he'll put it all together someday
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 1 2014, 07:54 PM) *
He's avg, I hear he's good but it's not translating to his performances. Maybe he's a practice player. Only good when the pressure isn't on. because I've yet to see him have a breakout performance in the ring. Maybe he'll put it all together someday

Only thing that's gonna do that is an opponent wit a name. Which he don't seem to have luck getting in the ring . He's fighting another Herrera type fighter on Chavez Vera card. I dout hell lose his 0 or get tested in that but at least Bob got him a fight.
Cshel86
Call me crazy, but as much of a Swift fan as I am...I think Herrera can put him on his trunks in this one. Beat him? Nope. Catch him slipping? Absolutely.

EDIT: Had to edit my post...couldn't spell worth a damn this morning. "Em" instead of "me", and "out" instead of "put"?! What in the hell was I on this morning???
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 07:51 PM) *
Only thing that's gonna do that is an opponent wit a name. Which he don't seem to have luck getting in the ring . He's fighting another Herrera type fighter on Chavez Vera card. I dout hell lose his 0 or get tested in that but at least Bob got him a fight.

He needs to be more active. I think with the current situation over at TR, if he can put some wins together, some impressive wins. He can line himself up for a big fight in the immediate future
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 05:40 PM) *
He needs to be more active. I think with the current situation over at TR, if he can put some wins together, some impressive wins. He can line himself up for a big fight in the immediate future

I'd hope so
AZWildCat
Karim can't catch a break ..opponent is arrested
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 17 2014, 06:23 PM) *
Karim can't catch a break ..opponent is arrested

I heard, his frustration is visible. He has talent and it's not being displayed
Jack 1000
Garcia-Herrera is a TERRIBLE mismatch. Who does Showtime think they are? HBO!

Boxingnews24 claims that there is no interest in this fight and why should there be interest? This is not a premium cable type of main event:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/03/schaef...rific-match-up/
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 31 2014, 03:18 PM) *
If all these fights are set in stone, no complaining over here, I like it. I think some people that don't like the opposition chosen by Garcia is quick to forget about how many upsets we seen last year. Not to say this could be the case here, then again, not to say it can't. DG has proved me wrong in showing he has a bright future ahead of him, so I won't be so quick to criticize Harrera as his chosen opponent since it is his sort of coming out event for the PR audience and Herrera's coming in with nothing to lose and everything to gain. The Wilder/Scott fight is interesting to me the most. Finally somebody with a pulse.

I got Wilder by TKO in the 7th I got Danny by UD and I got De Leon by KO in the 9th.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 11 2014, 06:15 PM) *
Garcia-Herrera is a TERRIBLE mismatch. Who does Showtime think they are? HBO!

Boxingnews24 claims that there is no interest in this fight and why should there be interest. This is not a premium cable type of main event:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/03/schaef...rific-match-up/

I think this is more or less a desperate attempt to get Garcia a legitimate fan base even while fight after fight he's impressed, could they have found him a better opponent to have him fight in PR, of course, but it seems to me like there only mission is for him to look impressive for his first televised fight over there so that he can be built as the next heir apparent to being the face of the PR people. $$$
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.