Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez vs Provodnikov
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
klonopinz
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/315949-ruslan-provodnikov

So we kno pacquiao and bradley are tied up, so all thats left for juan as far as making the type of money hes used to is the siberian psycho. I honestly think this is a fight marquez can def in, because provodikov comes right at him and will fall into his style well, but on the other hand i see provodnikov kind of as invincible. He could easily end up knocking marquez don a few times. he doesnt even fight to win, he just fights to hurt, its great. gotta love guys like him....

what yall think bout this fight and who u picking?
checkleft
I can't see him beating provo at his age. Maybe alvarado
mrchitown
Good fight but I'd rather see Marquez take his whining into retirement, his act is getting old
ryustuh
would be a nice fight...lots of solid shots from both sides, but i see ruslan just being too much of a beast and dropping jmm en route to a decision win.
Cshel86
Marquez dies in this ones...not literally, but, well...kinda sort of.
The Original MrFactor
I think Provodnikov is taylor made for Marquez. I think Marquez looks great for a few rounds until he gets tired and stopped late.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 29 2014, 07:20 PM) *
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/315949-ruslan-provodnikov

So we kno pacquiao and bradley are tied up, so all thats left for juan as far as making the type of money hes used to is the siberian psycho. I honestly think this is a fight marquez can def in, because provodikov comes right at him and will fall into his style well, but on the other hand i see provodnikov kind of as invincible. He could easily end up knocking marquez don a few times. he doesnt even fight to win, he just fights to hurt, its great. gotta love guys like him....

what yall think bout this fight and who u picking?

Prov all the way, too strong and too relentless. Marquez couldn't stop him with simply countering, Marquez ( to put it kindly) will continue to have more success in his boxing commentating career from here on in.
Dolimite
See Ward vs. Gatti, no boxing will be displayed in this fight. Juan can hit Ruslan with a nice counter or Ruslan can swarm Juan with punches, either way the fight ain't going 12 rounds.
Franchize
I hate to say it, because he's an all time great fighter, but I really don't wish to see Marquez fight again. It's time to ride out into the sunset knowing you had a tremendous career and you finally knocked Manny the fuck out and eliminated the judges from the equation. I don't get what any fight does for his legacy at this point so the only thing I can imagine is him doing it for the money.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 07:24 AM) *
I hate to say it, because he's an all time great fighter, but I really don't wish to see Marquez fight again. It's time to ride out into the sunset knowing you had a tremendous career and you finally knocked Manny the fuck out and eliminated the judges from the equation. I don't get what any fight does for his legacy at this point so the only thing I can imagine is him doing it for the money.

He has enough of money, he wants to go out on a win.
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 30 2014, 09:36 AM) *

Then why did he even fight Bradley? lol There was no win that was going to be bigger than KOing Manny.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 06:56 AM) *
Then why did he even fight Bradley? lol There was no win that was going to be bigger than KOing Manny.

I guess he wanted to beat the guy who beat Manny? I have no idea, it made no sense.
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 30 2014, 12:38 PM) *
I guess he wanted to beat the guy who beat Manny? I have no idea, it made no sense.

LOL ok as long as I'm not the only one confused here
TheCritics
Provo will get put in his place soon enough, back to FNF comrade... as for JMM, his Bradley whining is over the top but he ended his Pac controversial decisions in emphatic fashion

Provo already said he'll jump ship for better fights thats why I like him along with his heart... he's calling JMM out because theres nobody else

Roach was comical when he said Provo was Pac's bestfriend... so thats Khan, then Cotto, now Provo

Top Rematchnk
klonopinz
i dont see rios taking provodnikovs power through 12 rounds, im up in the air with marquez, if he fought manny id see manny just moving way too much. Provodnikov aint going nowhere. he aint going back to espn, boxing needs guys like him to much. as soon as i saw him go all out with bradley i wanted to see more and more, the guy is awesome.
sduck
Marquez is too old for a fight like this, I fear his health. Maybe if he was younger I would like it, but no, not now.
klonopinz
old legends can never alk aay from the sport until they lose a fight like this one, a brutal beating. bradley just made marquez think he got cheatd but he is still the best, when ruslan smashes him, he ill finally realize he needs to quit. juan wont quit unless he gets beaten down by a young bull
klonopinz
i mean look at mosleys ass, he wouldnt stop until he got smashed by mundine, i dont see marquez alking aay from boxing unless he loses badly.
checkleft
QUOTE (SylentKnghtz @ Jan 30 2014, 02:22 AM) *
Prov all the way, too strong and too relentless. Marquez couldn't stop him with simply countering, Marquez ( to put it kindly) will continue to have more success in his boxing commentating career from here on in.

Countering is the way he ate up fighters exactly like provo as recently as a few years ago. But w/the fatigue he showed against Bradley and the way his face holds up these days provo would be to much. Now if we were talking a few years ago? This would be Kataidis all over again

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 30 2014, 10:36 AM) *

He should finally fight morales then. And after both can go sit on a rocker with nacho for the rest of their lives knowing they had legendary careers.
checkleft
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 10:56 AM) *

He's never won a welterweight title. He also said he wanted the belt that was robbed from him the fight prior to putting manny on sleeptrain ads.
truth
This is a dangerous fight for jmm provo wont stop coming until jmm is on his back the Russian late stoppage
DigitalBoom
Dude said he'd go anywhere in Mexico to fight Marquez, it's either fight Provodnikov or have a year layoff and hope that Pacquaio still wants to get revenge..Do some exhibitions in Mexico, go on a tour around the country and then call it a day. Fighting Provodnikov is going to end badly for Marquez despite his countering style.
mgrover
While Provodnikov has a come forward balls to the wall style he has some very underrated head movement and defence when in the inside.
Col Reb
I love the idea of a Morales fight. It's a big fight for both of their legacies. I do think Ruslan is tailor-made for Marquez's style; I think Marquez would win a decision though I'd be pulling for Ruslan or for that matter anyone vs Marquez. I just don't like his attitude.
MAHDI
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jan 30 2014, 05:24 PM) *
i dont see rios taking provodnikovs power through 12 rounds, im up in the air with marquez, if he fought manny id see manny just moving way too much. Provodnikov aint going nowhere. he aint going back to espn, boxing needs guys like him to much. as soon as i saw him go all out with bradley i wanted to see more and more, the guy is awesome.

the guy takes too many punches. In each fight you never will know if the ill effects of taking too many punches manifests.. I don't see him having any longevity
BrutUalBK
Hard to call on this one but we all know that JMM has better overall boxing abilities/skills and usually the types of fighters like Provo who comes straight in at Marquez usually find themselves on the canvas but Ruslan can take punishment so it makes this a difficult decision.

If I had to choose in a boxing match as opposed to a brawl then I'd go with Provo but if he allows JMM to counterpunch while giving him time to simply box then I'd take Marquez all day long.

I'll know after the first 4 rounds as to who wins this one.
klonopinz
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 2 2014, 09:52 AM) *
the guy takes too many punches. In each fight you never will know if the ill effects of taking too many punches manifests.. I don't see him having any longevity

most of the damage done in fighters is when the fight past their prime and take beatings when they are older, when theyre young they can take it and they end up fine. He takes peppering shots coming forward, nothing insane, he gets hit with jabs most of the time. jabs dont end your career short. hell be around as long as their are fights for him, hes got very limited options.
MAHDI
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 3 2014, 01:56 AM) *
most of the damage done in fighters is when the fight past their prime and take beatings when they are older, when theyre young they can take it and they end up fine. He takes peppering shots coming forward, nothing insane, he gets hit with jabs most of the time. jabs dont end your career short. hell be around as long as their are fights for him, hes got very limited options.

I can see your point, yet he has not faced any murderous punchers. David Reid and Fernando Vargas were young guys who took too many shots and were pretty much ruined. The Russian has not faced any punchers like a Trinidad so I guess he his fine for now. If he ever faces a guy with good power and the ability to sustain an attack he will be in trouble with that style. He is lucky Bradley has pillow fists or he would have suffered brain damage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.