Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wait What?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Franchize
We're barely into 2014 and a few things have confused me already so far. Far be it for me to act like I'm Mr. Knowitall, so instead, I ask you, guys whose opinion I respect, to either explain why I'm missing the point on a few of the head scratchers or agree that they are ridiculous.

#1 Tim Bradley signing an extension with Top Prank after seemingly being bullied- Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it seem like Tim foresaw what Bob was trying to do. Didn't it seem like Tim was saying to himself "I see I'm not going to get the respect and promotion I deserve. Let me just fight out my contract and move on"? Then comes the negotiations, and from all reports, it appeared as if Bob Arum tried his customary extension or sit on the shelf tactic with Tim for this Manny fight. It seemed as if Tim's team was well aware of it....then he signs an extension.

WAIT WHAT?

#2 I kind of already know the answer to this, but Manny Pacquiao once again called out Floyd (kinda sorta). Problem is he did so, and as he's done in the past, conveniently signs a contract for a fight like a week after. Is promotion for every Manny fight now going to include a half hearted call out of Floyd? The one thing I never agreed on with Floyd was that Manny's popularity and fan base comes from him. I thought Manny had created his own buzz. Have we gotten to the point where Manny needs Floyd to sell fights? Furthermore, he said he'd "fight for charity"...yet he fought in China just to avoid US tax deductions AND he is heavily rumored to have multiple tax issues. But we should believe you're going to fight for free?

WAIT WHAT?

#3 Robert Guerrero aggressively seeks an out with Golden Boy, supposedly to fight Manny next. Well obviously that's not happening and from all reports on Top Rank and Manny's camp, he wasn't even a consideration. Isn't that like turning down some good pussy for a chick that won't even give you her number? So you've now pissed off the most red hot promoters in the sport and seem to be getting the cold shoulder from TR. Bet you wish you didn't turn your nose up to Keith Thurman so quickly now. I think Thurman will actually be the bigger draw now at this point.

WAIT WHAT?

#4 Danny Garcia fighting Mauricio Herrera. I'm not saying this guy isn't good. I don't know much about him. I heard he's the real deal. But why?.... His career is on a serious wave right now. He beat one of the "big bad wolves" of the sport in an impressive fashion. He was a clear cut FOY candidate IMO. Why fight this high risk/low reward fight now?

WAIT WHAT?

bnoles4life
[quote name='Franchize' date='Jan 30 2014, 10:52 AM' post='599103']

#1 Tim Bradley signing an extension with Top Prank after seemingly being bullied- Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it seem like Tim foresaw what Bob was trying to do. Didn't it seem like Tim was saying to himself "I see I'm not going to get the respect and promotion I deserve. Let me just fight out my contract and move on"? Then comes the negotiations, and from all reports, it appeared as if Bob Arum tried his customary extension or sit on the shelf tactic with Tim for this Manny fight. It seemed as if Tim's team was well aware of it....then he signs an extension.

The saying, "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush..." comes to mind. Tim took the guaranteed route vs. the potential. I don't know what the right move for him was, but in the end, The Bobfather showed him the money and he took it. Dude has a family to support, so while it is fine and dandy for us to sit here, comment that he should've waited, reality bites and Bradley did what he felt he needed to do. I will say, for a man who appears supremely confident in his victory over Pac, in a rematch, it doesn't seem like he's looking what's beyond the Pac sweepstakes. "Who is next for him?" is the one and only question I'd have for him, if I were to speak with him.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 06:52 AM) *
We're barely into 2014 and a few things have confused me already so far. Far be it for me to act like I'm Mr. Knowitall, so instead, I ask you, guys whose opinion I respect, to either explain why I'm missing the point on a few of the head scratchers or agree that they are ridiculous.

WAIT WHAT?

#2 I kind of already know the answer to this, but Manny Pacquiao once again called out Floyd (kinda sorta). Problem is he did so, and as he's done in the past, conveniently signs a contract for a fight like a week after. Is promotion for every Manny fight now going to include a half hearted call out of Floyd? The one thing I never agreed on with Floyd was that Manny's popularity and fan base comes from him. I thought Manny had created his own buzz. Have we gotten to the point where Manny needs Floyd to sell fights? Furthermore, he said he'd "fight for charity"...yet he fought in China just to avoid US tax deductions AND he is heavily rumored to have multiple tax issues. But we should believe you're going to fight for free?

WAIT WHAT?

#3 Robert Guerrero aggressively seeks an out with Golden Boy, supposedly to fight Manny next. Well obviously that's not happening and from all reports on Top Rank and Manny's camp, he wasn't even a consideration. Isn't that like turning down some good pussy for a chick that won't even give you her number? So you've now pissed off the most red hot promoters in the sport and seem to be getting the cold shoulder from TR. Bet you wish you didn't turn your nose up to Keith Thurman so quickly now. I think Thurman will actually be the bigger draw now at this point.

WAIT WHAT?

#4 Danny Garcia fighting Mauricio Herrera. I'm not saying this guy isn't good. I don't know much about him. I heard he's the real deal. But why?.... His career is on a serious wave right now. He beat one of the "big bad wolves" of the sport in an impressive fashion. He was a clear cut FOY candidate IMO. Why fight this high risk/low reward fight now?

WAIT WHAT?

Bradley: He took the loot, He took a si year deal with the Pelicans as a starting point guard rather being in contention to being a starting point guard with the Pacers and a guaranteed playoff birth,

Pac: This shit has been going on since 2009 but it is FMJ fault.

Danny: This may be a trap fight and if he loses he is fucked or even looks bad.

Guerrero: His god has become greed.
flazi
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 06:52 AM) *

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

This! always go with the sure pussy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 09:52 AM) *

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

Sigh...there you go makin' sense and shit...what did I tell yall about that??? nono.gif

I absolutely hate this post...just waaaay too many facts for my liking.

PS: As for that guaranteed p*ssy...I guess we're all on the same page with that.

Gambit808
http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-bradley-exp...top-rank--74171

Nuff said. TB gon be alright, so long as he keeps winning. He got a good resume and no matter how we look at it, he still got W's over a former top P4P fighter (Manny Pacquiao) and the guy that KO'd him (JMM), something even our debates can't take away from him. I can only assume if he's victorious against Manny, the talk between each fight presented to him will be, how good is he compared to Floyd. He may in fact pick up where Pacman left off in the sense of "my guy is better than your guy" and that's the way he'll be promoted. He'll be the guy who delivers more action than Floyd (so to speak), while rematching either Provodnikov-JMM winner later this year, giving time for TR to build on the up and comers they have to sell a fight in the future.

Pacquiao may not be good with Taxes, but he knows how to sell a fight and that's all this is. I'm not saying either guy is afraid of the other, it's just that both guys know what the issue is when it comes to making the fight happen at this point and while the possibility of it happening is still up for discussion, why not still promote it like its to be the biggest thing to happen this century.

Robert Guererro is an idiot.

I don't see nothing wrong with this fight. Danny Garcia is sort of (but not quiet) a "House hold name" since "The One" and is trying to establish himself as heir apparent to the Puerto Rican audience. If Hererra's a "high risk" it should make for an interesting fight.
klonopinz
herrerra is just a stepping stone to keep danny on ice. hile gaining him the exposure that rosado failed miserbly at obtaining.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 30 2014, 01:59 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-bradley-exp...top-rank--74171

Nuff said. TB gon be alright, so long as he keeps winning. He got a good resume and no matter how we look at it, he still got W's over a former top P4P fighter (Manny Pacquiao) and the guy that KO'd him (JMM), something even our debates can't take away from him. I can only assume if he's victorious against Manny, the talk between each fight presented to him will be, how good is he compared to Floyd. He may in fact pick up where Pacman left off in the sense of "my guy is better than your guy" and that's the way he'll be promoted. He'll be the guy who delivers more action than Floyd (so to speak), while rematching either Provodnikov-JMM winner later this year, giving time for TR to build on the up and comers they have to sell a fight in the future.

Pacquiao may not be good with Taxes, but he knows how to sell a fight and that's all this is. I'm not saying either guy is afraid of the other, it's just that both guys know what the issue is when it comes to making the fight happen at this point and while the possibility of it happening is still up for discussion, why not still promote it like its to be the biggest thing to happen this century.

Robert Guererro is an idiot.

I don't see nothing wrong with this fight. Danny Garcia is sort of (but not quiet) a "House hold name" since "The One" and is trying to establish himself as heir apparent to the Puerto Rican audience. If Hererra's a "high risk" it should make for an interesting fight.

You was joking right lmao...what up and comers?

Hard to see how someone with such small fanbase and not really appealing to the casual is going to be built up to be compared to Mayweather, he will keep winning imo, but he will be an invisible soon. Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter if he keeps maturing, hell even Broner could lap him in a few years time. He can say what he wants but the best fight across the street, he beat 1 HOF technically, and has a chance to beat another legit this time. But what's in his future. You telling me fights with Rios/Alvarado...maybe rematches against JMM and Ruslan move you? Or how about Karim Mayfield and Jessie Vargas? He tucked nicely in a shit sandwich no matter how he or you or anyone slices it. You compete to be the best and to fight against the best...he ain't doing that
mrchitown
Bradley is a NY KNick, he a choke, fuck em...Reggie Miller sends his condolences

The legend of Pacquiao will unfortunately always be linked to Mayweather and that's because his promoter constantly keeps the other guy's name in his mouth. Ever since Mayweather came back in 09, they've profited and used Mayweather's name to make money and to build this false idol. I'd feel like less of a man if I had to live off the back and work of another man, like Manny is doing Floyd, and his dumb ass is still broke

Fuck Guerrero, something about these Cali fighters lol...he a bum though, talked his way into the biggest fight of his career and fought for 12rds like he was going into labor. He ain't worth the headache truthfully and I hope Schaefer feeds his ass to the wolves and puts some more L's on that record

Don't know what to say about that Garcia fight but I think they trying to make him a Miguel Cotto type, where he getting love in the states and in PR. Overall the card isn't a bad one though

Gambit808
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 30 2014, 07:55 PM) *

Hard to see how someone with such small fanbase and not really appealing to the casual is going to be built up to be compared to Mayweather, he will keep winning imo, but he will be an invisible soon. Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter if he keeps maturing, hell even Broner could lap him in a few years time. He can say what he wants but the best fight across the street, he beat 1 HOF technically, and has a chance to beat another legit this time. But what's in his future. You telling me fights with Rios/Alvarado...maybe rematches against JMM and Ruslan move you? Or how about Karim Mayfield and Jessie Vargas? He tucked nicely in a shit sandwich no matter how he or you or anyone slices it. You compete to be the best and to fight against the best...he ain't doing that

The Terrence Crawford's, The Jessie Vargas's, The Karim Mayfield's, The Gamboa's or Garcia's in and around the division. I know these names don't match the appeal of the GBP/Al Haymon stable, but I'm only looking at the glass half full here to try and make some sense to his decision from a fans prospective. If TR can turn guys like Ruslan or Alvarado into something to talk about in the boxing community within one year, who's to say either of these names can't as well, rise to the occasion in somewhat of the same fashion this year? This year may very well be the year of the rematches between Bradley, Manny and JMM in order for that opporotunity to maybe present itself for future bouts for 2015 and beyond that.
MAHDI
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 30 2014, 08:03 PM) *
Bradley is a NY KNick, he a choke, fuck em...Reggie Miller sends his condolences

The legend of Pacquiao will unfortunately always be linked to Mayweather and that's because his promoter constantly keeps the other guy's name in his mouth. Ever since Mayweather came back in 09, they've profited and used Mayweather's name to make money and to build this false idol. I'd feel like less of a man if I had to live off the back and work of another man, like Manny is doing Floyd, and his dumb ass is still broke

Great analysis... Pac would be shit if Mayweather was not fighting--- and he still is in the red-- dumb ass--sums it up great!!!
Gambit808
Bradley is a NY KNICKS, he a choke, fuck em...Reggie Miller sends his condolences

Fuck Guerrero, something about these Cali fighters lol...he a bum though, talked his way into the biggest fight of his career and fought for 12rds like he was going into labor. He ain't worth the headache truthfully and I hope Schaefer feeds his ass to the wolves and puts some more L's on that record

Don't know what to say about that Garcia fight but I think they trying to make him a Miguel Cotto type, where he getting love in the states and in PR. Overall the card isn't a bad one though

Lol, Just thought I'd correct that misspell there Chi fuck.gif U and the BullsHIT very much!
Franchize
I was with Chi town until he dissed my Knicks. Now I hope he gets herpes in his eyeball lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 31 2014, 08:06 AM) *
The Terrence Crawford's, The Jessie Vargas's, The Karim Mayfield's, The Gamboa's or Garcia's in and around the division. I know these names don't match the appeal of the GBP/Al Haymon stable, but I'm only looking at the glass half full here to try and make some sense to his decision from a fans prospective. If TR can turn guys like Ruslan or Alvarado into something to talk about in the boxing community within one year, who's to say either of these names can't as well, rise to the occasion in somewhat of the same fashion this year? This year may very well be the year of the rematches between Bradley, Manny and JMM in order for that opporotunity to maybe present itself for future bouts for 2015 and beyond that.

Ain't nobody talking about Alvarado. Not nobody. People only talk about Ruslan because of his scrap where he almost and I place heavy emphasis on almost beat Tim. I see your point but the glass is empty imo, and even if it's half full I'm taking my business to the establishment across the street to get me a full glass
mrchitown
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 31 2014, 08:17 AM) *
Lol, Just thought I'd correct that misspell there Chi fuck.gif U and the BullsHIT very much!

Man you should've kept it the way I had it but I ain't mad lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 31 2014, 08:15 AM) *
Great analysis... Pac would be shit if Mayweather was not fighting--- and he still is in the red-- dumb ass--sums it up great!!!

Sometimes people wake up and others stay in a coma. The thing is Pacquiao is so beloved by his fans he doesn't need to mention Mayweather's name. He could just fight and fight and he'd be good. I guess it's different to him because he's caught in the moment of it all but at this point it's so blatantly obvious that before during and after every fight he has, he and his team will mention Mayweather. One win over a fighter who he looked mediocre against at best, and now he's back and he's better then ever. I hope the fight ends in a draw and fucks Bradley and Manny up
mrchitown
Add Arum and his list of bullshit to the list...

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-90-fans-ca...ndercard--74196

That's just ridiculous and he's making excuses for lazy promoting.
MAHDI
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 31 2014, 12:33 PM) *
Add Arum and his list of bullshit to the list...

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-90-fans-ca...ndercard--74196

That's just ridiculous and he's making excuses for lazy promoting.

Where is the money in this bout-How is this going to help lift MANNY FROM the IRS graveyard? he will be in debt forever. How many PPV buys on this- a half a million?
mrchitown
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 31 2014, 11:45 AM) *
Where is the money in this bout-How is this going to help lift MANNY FROM the IRS graveyard? he will be in debt forever. How many PPV buys on this- a half a million?

Embarrassing how dumb he thinks the fans are. Why the fuck would I want to pay $60 or $70 for the main event? That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard. That's why I don't support TR cards they trash. I can't remember the last time they had a decent card.

That's business 101, you give the consumer more bang for their buck and they'll keep coming back. Don King is a better promoter in a historical sense imo. His cards used to be stacked. The same thing Schaefer is doing now. King did decades ago. Arum talks about how long he's been doing it and still ain't picked up on properly putting a card together
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 31 2014, 08:38 PM) *
Embarrassing how dumb he thinks the fans are. Why the fuck would I want to pay $60 or $70 for the main event? That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard. That's why I don't support TR cards they trash. I can't remember the last time they had a decent card.

That's business 101, you give the consumer more bang for their buck and they'll keep coming back. Don King is a better promoter in a historical sense imo. His cards used to be stacked. The same thing Schaefer is doing now. King did decades ago. Arum talks about how long he's been doing it and still ain't picked up on properly putting a card together

The PPV is going to be shit, how is he giving Pac 20 million off the PPV? The gate will probably break even. Pac lost his luster and you know no one knows who the fuck Bradley is.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 08:52 AM) *

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

Man, you killing us with the truth here and I'm feeling it especially on that swindle move by Bobfather. As far as Bradley is concerned; I think he should've at least shopped at GBP to see if they'd offer him the Floyd fight right upfront for at least 8 mil or more (hell, Cotto got 8 so why not Brad) but I guess even if he did get that bout that he wouldn't have wanted to started out being a sacrificial lamb for GBP by taking Money in his first bout. Gotta hand it to Danny G, dude has got some huge balls, first Lucas M and now Herrera and for the peanuts he'd get for facing a guy like Floyd. Manny is the biggest Ducker in the history of the sport but of course we know everyone will blame Mayweather for Pacquiao deciding to stick it out with Top Rape.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 30 2014, 05:55 PM) *

Chi, if Bradley loses to Pac in April he instantly become irrelevant which means his contract is basically worthless. No one is going to pay a dime to see Bradley. no one. I like the guy but my little money is not going to justify the money he is suppose to be getting. Bradley's only claim to fan is "beating" Pac. If Manny wins then it is off to the world of obsolete.

If Pac wins then another six months of Mayweather is ducking Pac, which is why I hope Bradley wins. If Arum is smart he can kill two birds with one stone, Pac wins it is "Pac is back, Mayweather doesn't want any, Mayweather is a coward, Mayweather hates Asians... blah blah" as for Bradley, that will be a thorn in his side that he no longer has to deal with.

Guerrero if he is smart and I doubt he is, will take any fight he can get. The Victor Ortiz fight is something he will be interested after he saw Ortiz get cracked. This is a match up I think GB will be willing to make. If Victor loses then they can drop his ass and not worry about him and if Guerrero loses then they can ice him for the rest of the year. So it is a win win for both terms.

Danny Boy better not mess up with this Herrera cat if he wants to keep making money and to keep his name shinning bright. I would love to see him against Lamont very soon. It should be a great fight either way.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 1 2014, 12:27 PM) *
Chi, if Bradley loses to Pac in April he instantly become irrelevant which means his contract is basically worthless. No one is going to pay a dime to see Bradley. no one. I like the guy but my little money is not going to justify the money he is suppose to be getting. Bradley's only claim to fan is "beating" Pac. If Manny wins then it is off to the world of obsolete.

If Pac wins then another six months of Mayweather is ducking Pac, which is why I hope Bradley wins. If Arum is smart he can kill two birds with one stone, Pac wins it is "Pac is back, Mayweather doesn't want any, Mayweather is a coward, Mayweather hates Asians... blah blah" as for Bradley, that will be a thorn in his side that he no longer has to deal with.

Guerrero if he is smart and I doubt he is, will take any fight he can get. The Victor Ortiz fight is something he will be interested after he saw Ortiz get cracked. This is a match up I think GB will be willing to make. If Victor loses then they can drop his ass and not worry about him and if Guerrero loses then they can ice him for the rest of the year. So it is a win win for both terms.

Danny Boy better not mess up with this Herrera cat if he wants to keep making money and to keep his name shinning bright. I would love to see him against Lamont very soon. It should be a great fight either way.

Hopefully Garcia gets up for this one and doesn't have a lapse in concentration. But I do think it's smart on GB's part to push him to the PR market

Guerrero needs to get back in the ring asap, he's not talented enough to be out the ring for an extended period of time. We saw what it did to Ortiz. He needs to build his way back up.

It's never going to change so I've learned to accept it. Even when Pacquiao was planked by Marquez, media and fans a like STILL brought the fight up. Now that he beat an overmatched opponent in Rios the fight is suddenly exciting again. All sides are to blame for this but I don't think about that fight like some rabid fans do. They'll bring the fight up regardless because that's a marketing ploy that Arum, Roach, and Manny and his team use to make money. Manny was never interesting until they brought Mayweather's name up. He gained notoriety by beating Oscar but his fame exploded when the possibility of a Mayweather fight first came about

I'm going Pacquiao, I hope he wins and I think he will, I ain't going for no California sellout. He need to wear a Knicks jersey to the ring from now on. He's taking a big risk because he should be more known and he's earned the spotlight but his style doesn't translate into fans. But he's built a nice resume and he's earned his P4P ranking thus far....but if he loses, what fight can he sell other then a rematch with Ruslan? I just don't like his options.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 1 2014, 10:59 AM) *
The PPV is going to be shit, how is he giving Pac 20 million off the PPV? The gate will probably break even. Pac lost his luster and you know no one knows who the fuck Bradley is.

Honestly, this one may sell a bit more than the first fight, since so much between them has happened over the past 2 years. This undercard IS garbage, but the undercard for their first fight didn't help sells at all.

Let's be clear here, we're not totally sure if Manny was ever getting those $20M+ paydays. A fighter's purse has to be reported to the athletic commissions, but remember, Bob is a lawyer, so he may only report a certain amount upfront, and Manny ends up getting the rest of it afterwards.

Now that I think about it, due to this tax situation (or rumor perhaps), who knows what's going on with his money. maybe that's what messed him up...the way his money is being reported. At this point, the Mayweather fight is being "entertained" again, so maybe that's the reason that he's going to get $20M.

Since Bob has kept Manny honest (since the 3rd JMM fight and especially the first Bradley fight), he may begin to "release his funds" (read: pay him what he's used to getting paid). Had Manny won the Bradley fight, it's no doubt that he would've asked for more money in his next fight (since Floyd made $32M against Cotto the month prior), and Bob was there to stop all of that.

I knew for a fact in 2011 before Bradley even came out and said that he signed with TR, that Bob already had Tim lined up for Manny in 2012. So, we know that Bradley was supposed to fight him, BUT, notice that Bob barely lifted a finger to promote that fight.

Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 4 2014, 07:16 AM) *
Honestly, this one may sell a bit more than the first fight, since so much between them has happened over the past 2 years. This undercard IS garbage, but the undercard for their first fight didn't help sells at all.

Let's be clear here, we're not totally sure if Manny was ever getting those $20M+ paydays. A fighter's purse has to be reported to the athletic commissions, but remember, Bob is a lawyer, so he may only report a certain amount upfront, and Manny ends up getting the rest of it afterwards.

Now that I think about it, due to this tax situation (or rumor perhaps), who knows what's going on with his money. maybe that's what messed him up...the way his money is being reported. At this point, the Mayweather fight is being "entertained" again, so maybe that's the reason that he's going to get $20M.

Since Bob has kept Manny honest (since the 3rd JMM fight and especially the first Bradley fight), he may begin to "release his funds" (read: pay him what he's used to getting paid). Had Manny won the Bradley fight, it's no doubt that he would've asked for more money in his next fight (since Floyd made $32M against Cotto the month prior), and Bob was there to stop all of that.

I knew for a fact in 2011 before Bradley even came out and said that he signed with TR, that Bob already had Tim lined up for Manny in 2012. So, we know that Bradley was supposed to fight him, BUT, notice that Bob barely lifted a finger to promote that fight.

How much are you willing to pay for this fight? Mind you in another three weeks you have another big PPV. Are people willing to shed money for two PPVs back to back?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 4 2014, 03:15 PM) *
How much are you willing to pay for this fight? Mind you in another three weeks you have another big PPV. Are people willing to shed money for two PPVs back to back?

It seems like all of his fights have been around $60, no problem over here. Besides, if I went to a bar to watch it, I'd probably spend about $50 on food, drinks, and a tip anyway. Not only that, but I'd be surrounded by nimrods and get the full experience of the fight (not being able to hear it, not being able to rewind it, etc).

I don't mind paying for PPVs, besides, GBP has given us A LOT of GOOD fights for free. I'm gonna order the Canelo/Angulo fight as well as the Mayweather card in May. It really doesn't bother me nowadays, besides, I talk to you assholes about fights all week long...no need to talk about a fight for 3 months, then refuse to order it.
Thickback
Isn't that like turning down some good pussy for a chick that won't even give you her number? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Classic
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 4 2014, 05:53 PM) *
It seems like all of his fights have been around $60, no problem over here. Besides, if I went to a bar to watch it, I'd probably spend about $50 on food, drinks, and a tip anyway. Not only that, but I'd be surrounded by nimrods and get the full experience of the fight (not being able to hear it, not being able to rewind it, etc).

I don't mind paying for PPVs, besides, GBP has given us A LOT of GOOD fights for free. I'm gonna order the Canelo/Angulo fight as well as the Mayweather card in May. It really doesn't bother me nowadays, besides, I talk to you assholes about fights all week long...no need to talk about a fight for 3 months, then refuse to order it.

I want to order at least 3 PPvs this year, Cotto v Sergio is def one Zimmerman v DMX and another one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 10:13 AM) *
I want to order at least 3 PPvs this year, Cotto v Sergio is def one Zimmerman v DMX and another one.

YOU wanna order at least 3 PPVs this year?! Say it aint so! What's gotten into you? Did you kick that nasty cigarette habit of yours? You know those cartons run about $40, so in that case, you're saving more money this year! Lol

Just kidding, but what IS a big joke, is that Zimmerman vs DMX celebrity boxing match. I have Zimmerman by UD in that one. X is too much of a junkie nowadays, so we're looking a HW vs a possible super featherweight. What a disgrace.

On another note, just why in the hell are people finding ways to put money in Zimmerman's pockets any damn way.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2014, 10:05 AM) *
YOU wanna order at least 3 PPVs this year?! Say it aint so! What's gotten into you? Did you kick that nasty cigarette habit of yours? You know those cartons run about $40, so in that case, you're saving more money this year! Lol

Just kidding, but what IS a big joke, is that Zimmerman vs DMX celebrity boxing match. I have Zimmerman by UD in that one. X is too much of a junkie nowadays, so we're looking a HW vs a possible super featherweight. What a disgrace.

On another note, just why in the hell are people finding ways to put money in Zimmerman's pockets any damn way.

I am taking all of April and May off of work. I have been putting in some serious hours, I even worked on Superbowl Sunday. So I will have a little more time and money to chill and watch boxing, I think DMX will bring a gun and shoot George, I ain't watching that shit. People will spend money on the stupidest shit/
Franchize
If DMX loses, he officially will have let down every African American in the world not named Uncle Ruckus
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 5 2014, 11:42 AM) *
If DMX loses, he officially will have let down every African American in the world not named Uncle Ruckus

Have you seen Earl of recent? TOO LATE, he is on the Flava Flav rout
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 5 2014, 12:42 PM) *

All I got to say is BLACK EXCELLENCE!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:39 PM) *
I am taking all of April and May off of work. I have been putting in some serious hours, I even worked on Superbowl Sunday. So I will have a little more time and money to chill and watch boxing, I think DMX will bring a gun and shoot George, I ain't watching that shit. People will spend money on the stupidest shit/

Taking April and May off?! Lucky bastard! I wont hate on you for that though, sounds like a good move.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 5 2014, 01:42 PM) *

DMX already lost...why is this junkie even entertaining the idea of fighting Zimmerman anyway? Most of all, I'm wondering why people are so butthurt and mad at Zimmerman...X is the one that everybody should be mad at.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2014, 09:54 AM) *
Taking April and May off?! Lucky bastard! I wont hate on you for that though, sounds like a good move.

DMX already lost...why is this junkie even entertaining the idea of fighting Zimmerman anyway? Most of all, I'm wondering why people are so butthurt and mad at Zimmerman...X is the one that everybody should be mad at.

I will be home with a pregnant woman... hardly luck.

DMX is damn joke.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 5 2014, 12:42 PM) *

I just read here that the promoter canceled the DMX-Zimmerman fight:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/8/539355...led-by-promoter

The cancellation I believe was correct. There was nothing to be gained to help in the healing process for the Martin family, or the tremedous controversy surrounding Mr. Zimmerman and his trial. I would be very concerned about security and crowd control had such an event taken place. Boxers and boxing need to come together to help and to heal. To provide a positive influence for the athletes and the fans. It does not need more publicity stunts or sideshows. Anyone profiting from something like this would have been terrible.

This was an original "boxing head scratcher" that thankfully now won't happen.

Jack
BrutUalBK
I believe that DMX didn't think this through, he will lose part of his fanbase (not that it's all that any longer) but there was a huge campaign on Facebook to cancel this bout and after they saw that this wasn't a popular thing to do it tanked. I suspect that somebody would've wound up waiting til the fight was over to bust a cap in Zimmerman's a$$. lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 8 2014, 09:51 PM) *
I just read here that the promoter canceled the DMX-Zimmerman fight:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/8/539355...led-by-promoter

The cancellation I believe was correct. There was nothing to be gained to help in the healing process for the Martin family, or the tremedous controversy surrounding Mr. Zimmerman and his trial. I would be very concerned about security and crowd control had such an event taken place. Boxers and boxing need to come together to help and to heal. To provide a positive influence for the athletes and the fans. It does not need more publicity stunts or sideshows. Anyone profiting from something like this would have been terrible.

This was an original "boxing head scratcher" that thankfully now won't happen.

Jack

I didn't even think about this.
BoxingFan86

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.