Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Post-fight GGG discussion
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
klonopinz
who yall want next? murray, barker, geale?

edit: forgot sturm
klonopinz
if anyone hasnt seen the fight its on allthebestfights.com. he dropped adama 3 times, before the ref stopped the fight with adama out on his feet. ggg knocked down adama with a jab at the end of round 7, reminded me of cotto clottey round 1 lol.
mrchitown
Adama be fighting on a lot of cards here, I knew what time it was with him...Golovkin needs to fight some live bodies. Murray is the one I'd prefer to see next.
ryustuh
here's the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOApLLAZrl4#t=30

ggg looked better defensively at least with his parries and blocks. could've used more head movement. i'd like to see him with sturm or geale, but everyone's sayin both these guys are ducking gennady. also rumor is kirkland wanted the fight, but ann wolfe wouldn't sign...anyone know if it's true?
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 1 2014, 08:38 PM) *
here's the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOApLLAZrl4#t=30

ggg looked better defensively at least with his parries and blocks. could've used more head movement. i'd like to see him with sturm or geale, but everyone's sayin both these guys are ducking gennady. also rumor is kirkland wanted the fight, but ann wolfe wouldn't sign...anyone know if it's true?

Thanks for the link..........I thought Ann was just the trainer but hey ill take Kirkland or Murray or sturm. But preferably Kirkland or Murray ..goggles needs live dogs that fight back box and don't go into survival mode.
ryustuh
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 10:06 PM) *
Thanks for the link..........I thought Ann was just the trainer but hey ill take Kirkland or Murray or sturm. But preferably Kirkland or Murray ..goggles needs live dogs that fight back box and don't go into survival mode.

should rephrase and say she wouldnt allow him to sign...who knows what the deal is. in any case, ive just been hearing shes not on board.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 1 2014, 09:24 PM) *
should rephrase and say she wouldnt allow him to sign...who knows what the deal is. in any case, ive just been hearing shes not on board.

She wasn't on board for the canelo fight at the time either ...so no surprise ...but that's a fight he needs right now ...50 needs to promote and get involved wit his fighters like he did his artist. He's becoming a bad joke and its not amusing.
Dolimite
Where is the outcry about GGG padding his record with soft touches and cab drivers has beens and never weres? this was such a shit fight GGG's biggest cheerleaders, HBO didn't even waste time showing up. this dude is calling out Sergio after the fight was over knowing Sergio already has a fight coming up. I hate when fighters do that. It was a shit fight like all his other fights. Until I see GGG in with some real opposition, I will hold my judgement of him.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 1 2014, 10:32 PM) *
Where is the outcry about GGG padding his record with soft touches and cab drivers has beens and never weres? this was such a shit fight GGG's biggest cheerleaders, HBO didn't even waste time showing up. this dude is calling out Sergio after the fight was over knowing Sergio already has a fight coming up. I hate when fighters do that. It was a shit fight like all his other fights. Until I see GGG in with some real opposition, I will hold my judgement of him.

i do find it strange that people have been giving way too much credit towards adama as an opponent after today's fight. granted he's not a bum, but i've heard worse about rosado and curtis stevens after their fights with gennady in terms of opponent caliber/quality. lots of hype around ggg for sure, but seriously, what if everyone is actually ducking him? he's great at calling out opponents...is it on him that the bigger fights aren't being made?
AZWildCat
Just watched it all Adama would make Carlos Molina look like srl. There was a reason that shit wasn't on TV...like I stated earlier he needs to fight live dangerous dogs and stop hunting rabbits and ducks.
AZWildCat
Adama should be ashamed saying that fight was for Africa
AZWildCat
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 09:06 PM) *

http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...april-26--74267

Welp that's one off the list....
BoxingEinstein

Smh. ..why do some of you "boxing fans" just stfu and make a online petition and use social media to get GGG's promoters a real heads up. It's besides the fact that I now believe no one besides Ward and Chavez Jr. would fight him. Geale has ducked him, Sturm? Pffffftt.. Murray? The same one who claimed he'll fight him but knows his promoter won't allow it. Martinez? Won't happen and neither will the other top dogs. GGG needs to stop fooling himself and move up.

Thread

KOpower
This was a stay-busy fight. It was always supposed to be a softer touch. GGG wants to fight 3 or 4 times a year. If he fights weak opposition in April, I will really question him. My guess is Murray or Geale will be next for GGG and if HBO puts Kirkland on the undercard then it will be to set up a fight between the 2 in the fall/winter.

I think if that is GGG's path, it sets him up for a MEGA fight in 2015, maybe with Sergio or Cotto. After that then GGG can move up to fight someone like JCCJR or Ward.
Col Reb
My biggest dream fight right now is GG and Floyd. I would love to see how the styles match. GGG has said he can make 154. Other than the HBO/Showtime issue, why not? I think it would be Floyd's biggest challenge at 160 down.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Feb 2 2014, 12:58 AM) *
My biggest dream fight right now is GG and Floyd. I would love to see how the styles match. GGG has said he can make 154. Other than the HBO/Showtime issue, why not? I think it would be Floyd's biggest challenge at 160 down.

Screw that, he can make 154 and say others are ducking him but he can't move up to fight. The hell with a fight with him and Mayweather

Ward or bust....thats the only fight we should really be calling for instead of him trying to pick on a smaller fighter. We should be dreaming of him to move up not down
checkleft
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 1 2014, 10:51 PM) *
i do find it strange that people have been giving way too much credit towards adama as an opponent after today's fight. granted he's not a bum, but i've heard worse about rosado and curtis stevens after their fights with gennady in terms of opponent caliber/quality. lots of hype around ggg for sure, but seriously, what if everyone is actually ducking him? he's great at calling out opponents...is it on him that the bigger fights aren't being made?

He called out everyone from 154 to 168. Ward told him to step up, froch said he would fight him, lee said he would fight him, both dirrells said they would fight him... It's not hard to see this whole "everyone is ducking me" BS is just a promotional ruse.
AZWildCat
He's had a host of people calling him out and you see whole he ends up fighting ...everyone else's leftovers!!!

They'll build him till he can't be protected anymore. Everyone has to step up at some point.
Dolimite
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 1 2014, 07:51 PM) *

Calling someone out who already has a fight lined up is weak. Just cause you call them out doesn't mean you trying to fight them. See Manny Pacquiao as an example.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 1 2014, 07:10 PM) *
who yall want next? murray, barker, geale?

edit: forgot sturm

I think Sturm has the most experience but I don't think he has the punch needed to stop 3G, still I'd rather see that fight or at best him take on Ward instead of trying to move down and face Floyd. If he was to beat Ward then he wouldn't have to prove that he can beat Floyd.
Jovi
Floyd and Ward are both completely different fighters, but both A+. If GGG was to fight either of them he would most likely be KOd or TKO'd but in much different ways. Ward is bigger and has his lead hand as his power hand which creates his superjab, Ward would most likely break him down quicker to the KO. While Mayweather stick and move and just capitalize on the openings while dragging the fight out to make the corner stoppage, I also think Mayweather would give him a few flash knockdowns.

GGG's Opposition has really made me change my view on him, he's good but he also needs good opposition. When the going gets tough thats when the tough get going. You put him in there with movers like Mayweather and Ward and he would get dizzy.
ryustuh
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 2 2014, 12:58 PM) *
He called out everyone from 154 to 168. Ward told him to step up, froch said he would fight him, lee said he would fight him, both dirrells said they would fight him... It's not hard to see this whole "everyone is ducking me" BS is just a promotional ruse.

so we can hope for these fights to be made at some point? cuz the way it's sounding "out there" is that gennady has limited options left. why's it so hard for news to get around that these guys are ready for a fight to be made, but all we hear is no one's willing

i'm a fan of the dude and what he does in the ring, but can't really tell if he's truthful in really establishing himself or just trying to get by.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 2 2014, 11:09 PM) *
so we can hope for these fights to be made at some point? cuz the way it's sounding "out there" is that gennady has limited options left. why's it so hard for news to get around that these guys are ready for a fight to be made, but all we hear is no one's willing

i'm a fan of the dude and what he does in the ring, but can't really tell if he's truthful in really establishing himself or just trying to get by.

I don't know bout the other guys bout Ward told em to print out a contract or keep his name out his mouth ..
klonopinz
hell probably fight sturm or murray on HBO with kirkland on the undercard, then he will fight kirkland in september.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 2 2014, 03:41 PM) *
Floyd and Ward are both completely different fighters, but both A+. If GGG was to fight either of them he would most likely be KOd or TKO'd but in much different ways. Ward is bigger and has his lead hand as his power hand which creates his superjab, Ward would most likely break him down quicker to the KO. While Mayweather stick and move and just capitalize on the openings while dragging the fight out to make the corner stoppage, I also think Mayweather would give him a few flash knockdowns.

GGG's Opposition has really made me change my view on him, he's good but he also needs good opposition. When the going gets tough thats when the tough get going. You put him in there with movers like Mayweather and Ward and he would get dizzy.

GGG ain't earned a fight yet with either but considering Floyd couldnt really hurt/knock down Guerrero/Cotto/Canelo basically says there would be ZERO shot at a tko/ko vs a guy like GGG.
mrchitown
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 4 2014, 04:48 PM) *
GGG ain't earned a fight yet with either but considering Floyd couldnt really hurt/knock down Guerrero/Cotto/Canelo basically says there would be ZERO shot at a tko/ko vs a guy like GGG.

Cotto was badly hurt in the 12th round, Floyd could've and should've finished him. After he hurt Miguel in the opening seconds of the final round, he hurt him again with a light left on the ropes. Guerrero was dazed a few times and he went into survival mode. I can't say that Floyd hurt Canelo, but as far as Robert and Miguel go you should look again
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 4 2014, 09:08 PM) *
Cotto was badly hurt in the 12th round, Floyd could've and should've finished him. After he hurt Miguel in the opening seconds of the final round, he hurt him again with a light left on the ropes. Guerrero was dazed a few times and he went into survival mode. I can't say that Floyd hurt Canelo, but as far as Robert and Miguel go you should look again

Yeah 12th Floyd landed some shots but I don't think him or Guerrero were close to touching the canvas.

Just don't see him having enough power at his age to knock down a GGG.Fight would never happen anyways.
mrchitown
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 4 2014, 07:45 PM) *
Yeah 12th Floyd landed some shots but I don't think him or Guerrero were close to touching the canvas.

Just don't see him having enough power at his age to knock down a GGG.Fight would never happen anyways.

I think Cotto would've went. I sometimes don't like how he doesn't go in for the kill but that's what he does. Mayweather seems content to go rds and win the fight that way

I doubt he'd get Golovkin down too but that would be a pretty sight to see. Him knocking down a full fledged MW. But like you I don't think it will happen nor do I want to see it anyway
AZWildCat
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 4 2014, 08:45 PM) *

The way cottos knees buckled he definitely would have hit the floor Wit a strong 2 piece or triple overhand right combo. The ghost has a pretty good chin.

As far as him knocking down/tko'ing/ko'ing ggg ......does he really need to?

Don't get me wrong I love fighters that end fights ...but that's not the name of the game.
HyyerBlaze
Read on espn GGG likely to face Any Lee.

Considering he got KOd by Jr, I don't think he will do well vs GGG.
I actually thought Lee was gonna beat Chavez Jr.Good fight though for GGG?
AZWildCat
That fight dose nothing for triple g at this point in his career. I'm not gonna say Lee is a bum but he's not gonna make people look at gennady like he's winter soldier. Until he fights somebody we know is at least halfway great ..he's on bute status
wolterb
^He might be Bute status to boxing fans, but to get casuals' attention any fight that Golovkin scores a knockout is good for his career. So the Lee fight makes sense in that way.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 5 2014, 05:39 PM) *
^He might be Bute status to boxing fans, but to get casuals' attention any fight that Golovkin scores a knockout is good for his career. So the Lee fight makes sense in that way.

Yeah plus dude fights 4x a year.
ryustuh
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 5 2014, 06:34 PM) *
Yeah plus dude fights 4x a year.

gotta praise ggg for fighting so often throughout the year, but i think it comes with its share of consequences and affects the bigger fights being made. if he wants to call out guys like serg and chavez, he should just ice it and wait til those guys are freed up and he himself isn't locked in with someone who adds no value to his career.
AZWildCat
Active he is...he's got that
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 5 2014, 06:45 PM) *
gotta praise ggg for fighting so often throughout the year, but i think it comes with its share of consequences and affects the bigger fights being made. if he wants to call out guys like serg and chavez, he should just ice it and wait til those guys are freed up and he himself isn't locked in with someone who adds no value to his career.

Plenty of people free right now! Its his promoters lining em up quick a Lara it Thurman fight could easily be made...but they continue to build the "brand" and not test it!
mrchitown
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 5 2014, 03:04 PM) *
Read on espn GGG likely to face Any Lee.

Considering he got KOd by Jr, I don't think he will do well vs GGG.
I actually thought Lee was gonna beat Chavez Jr.Good fight though for GGG?

Reports were that Kirkland priced himself out of the fight with Golovkin and Ann Wolfe didn't want the fight any way. I like Andy Lee, always have, if Manny Steward was alive and still in his corner I'd give him a decent chance at winning. When Lee fought Chavez Jr he was having a lot of success until he got hurt.

I don't know what this fight does for Golovkin and how it impacts his career but I guess it's another stay busy fight
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 05:13 PM) *
Plenty of people free right now! Its his promoters lining em up quick a Lara it Thurman fight could easily be made...but they continue to build the "brand" and not test it!

Yup, his team, K2 and the manager, whose name is Loefler I believe said early last year that they want to build GGG into a global superstar. He is a KO machine and that will help but looking at who he's Ko'd won't.

He was at the Grammy's, no one besides Klitschko and Tyson knew who he was lol....and his trainer Abel Sanchez says there will be no fight with Ward until Ward recognizes Gennady is a bigger star then Ward lol. Like Andre, I find it laughable. Sanchez pointed to ratings of GGG's fights but that doesn't necessarily tell the whole picture. GGG is being marketed well, ain't nothing wrong with that. He will get paid by being marketed as well as he is
ryustuh
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 07:13 PM) *

I'd kill to see ggg thurman. Only thing is one times chin is a little shaky. Considering he got rocked by soto Karass not sure how hed hold up to gennadys shots
ryustuh
[quote name='mrchitown' date='Feb 5 2014, 07:48 PM' post='

I don't know what this fight does for Golovkin and how it impacts his career but I guess it's another stay busy fight
[/quote]

A step up from Adama to say the least
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2014, 06:48 PM) *
Reports were that Kirkland priced himself out of the fight with Golovkin and Ann Wolfe didn't want the fight any way. I like Andy Lee, always have, if Manny Steward was alive and still in his corner I'd give him a decent chance at winning. When Lee fought Chavez Jr he was having a lot of success until he got hurt.

I wonder if it was more or less then what they gave rasado and Stevens

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Yup, his team, K2 and the manager, whose name is Loefler I believe said early last year that they want to build GGG into a global superstar. He is a KO machine and that will help but looking at who he's Ko'd won't.

He was at the Grammy's, no one besides Klitschko and Tyson knew who he was lol....and his trainer Abel Sanchez says there will be no fight with Ward until Ward recognizes Gennady is a bigger star then Ward lol. Like Andre, I find it laughable. Sanchez pointed to ratings of GGG's fights but that doesn't necessarily tell the whole picture. GGG is being marketed well, ain't nothing wrong with that. He will get paid by being marketed as well as he is

Bigger star lmao the Kung Foo treachery is strong at k2!

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 5 2014, 06:57 PM) *
I'd kill to see ggg thurman. Only thing is one times chin is a little shaky. Considering he got rocked by soto Karass not sure how hed hold up to gennadys shots

Karass has some pop....but I dout Keith would give triple g a mayorga moment

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 5 2014, 06:59 PM) *

I'll buy that reasoning ...hopefully the ghost of Stewart strikes again.
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 06:25 PM) *
I wonder if it was more or less then what they gave rasado and Stevens

Bigger star lmao the Kung Foo treachery is strong at k2!

Karass has some pop....but I dout Keith would give triple g a mayorga moment

I'll buy that reasoning ...hopefully the ghost of Stewart strikes again.

Oh yes, that fiendish Dr. Wu is still alive and kicking laugh.gif

And also, you bring up a good point, what did they pay his opponents? Maybe that's why we're not seeing the fights with certain fighters. Because the interview a few days ago with Abel Sanchez, he let it be known that he thinks Gennady is a bigger star...seems like he thinks they deserve a bigger piece of the pie and I don't understand that reasoning
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 5 2014, 05:59 PM) *

Yes he is. I like Andy Lee and I knew Chavez Jr would win but a part of me was pulling for Andy in their fight. He's not a bad fighter, he's solid and he has some good skills. I don't think GGG will finish him off quickly
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2014, 09:50 PM) *
Oh yes, that fiendish Dr. Wu is still alive and kicking laugh.gif

And also, you bring up a good point, what did they pay his opponents? Maybe that's why we're not seeing the fights with certain fighters. Because the interview a few days ago with Abel Sanchez, he let it be known that he thinks Gennady is a bigger star...seems like he thinks they deserve a bigger piece of the pie and I don't understand that reasoning

Lol

They probly low balling him like they tried to do to Stevens ...even he had backed up over money at one point during. Signing to fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 08:43 PM) *
Lol

They probly low balling him like they tried to do to Stevens ...even he had backed up over money at one point during. Signing to fight.

GGG getting that main event money and paying them dudes that opening bout bread lol
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2014, 11:30 PM) *
GGG getting that main event money and paying them dudes that opening bout bread lol

laugh.gif
ryustuh
props to lara for calling out gennady. erislandy's manager said he'd even be willing to move up in weight, which is a mistake IMO. ggg said he'll fight anyone from 154-175, and i think it'd be to lara's advantage to have the fight at jnr MW...not even a catch-weight. wonder if gennady's considering or whether he'll still move forward with andy lee.
Cshel86
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 9 2014, 08:38 PM) *
props to lara for calling out gennady. erislandy's manager said he'd even be willing to move up in weight, which is a mistake IMO. ggg said he'll fight anyone from 154-175, and i think it'd be to lara's advantage to have the fight at jnr MW...not even a catch-weight. wonder if gennady's considering or whether he'll still move forward with andy lee.

Lara can't seem to land a meaningful fight to save his life...must suck to be him.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 9 2014, 08:38 PM) *

I think the fact that he still has his 0 he won't move down in weight unless its a fight with Mayweather.

Predicting the fight with Lee will be done shortly.
checkleft
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 04:23 PM) *
That fight dose nothing for triple g at this point in his career. I'm not gonna say Lee is a bum but he's not gonna make people look at gennady like he's winter soldier. Until he fights somebody we know is at least halfway great ..he's on bute status

Lmao
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.