Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why are people clamoring for 3G vs Floyd?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
BrutUalBK
I just can't understand the justification of people wanting so badly to see GGG vs Mayweather when the fact of the matter is that 3G hasn't even beaten an A level fighter yet.

Here is the list of people 3G has faced and their greatest comp:

C- level opponents:

Sergey Khomitsky (Record 19W-3L-1D at the time):
------------------------------------------------
Beat Jamie Moore (Beat Matthew Macklin & Michele Piccirillo et cetera).
Lost to Martin Murray in a very close fight, should have been a draw.

Malik Dziarra (Record 29W-3L-0D at the time):
---------------------------------------------
Beat Mahir Oral (Former European Union middleweight title-holder and 2 time IBF middleweight title challenger).

Makoto Fuchigami (Record 19W-6L-0D at the time):
------------------------------------------------
Beat Koji Sato (Former OPBF middleweight title-holder and 1 time WBA World middleweight title challenger).

(Past prime) Javier Alberto Mamani (Record 35W-7L-1D at the time):
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Beat Ariel Gabriel Chaves (Beat Carlos Manuel Baldomir X2).
Beat Crazy Kim (Beat Nobuhiro Ishida X2).
Beat Walter Javier Crucce (X2)
Beat Jose Joaquin Rosa Gomez (Beat Former WBA World lightweight champion Raul Horacio Balbi).
Beat Miguel Angel Arroyo.

C level opponents:

Mehdi Bouadla (Record 11W-1L-0D at the time):
Former IBF International super middleweight title-holder.
Former WBO Inter-Continental super middleweight title-holder.
Former WBA International middleweight title-holder.
Beat Morrade Hakkar (Former European middleweight champion).
Beat Michael Henrotin (Former IBF Inter-Continental super middleweight title-holder).
Beat Francisco Antonio Mora (Beat Ariel Gabriel Chaves X2).
Lost TKO 8 to Arthur Abraham for the WBO super middleweight title.

Osumanu Adama (Record 22W-3L-0D at the time):
Lost UD12 against Daniel Geale for the IBF middleweight title.
Beat Roman Karmazin (Former IBF light middleweight champion & EBU light middleweight champion).
Golovkin is the first to KO him.

Nilson Julio Tapia (Record 14W-2L-1D at the time):
--------------------------------------------------
Beat Santiago Samaniego (Former interim WBA World light middleweight title-holder).
Beat Alfonso Mosquera (Also beat Santiago Samaniego).
Lost MD against Austin Trout (Former WBA World light middleweight champ).

Lajuan Simon (Rec 23W-3L-2D at the time):
-----------------------------------------
Beat Elvin Ayala (Draw against Sergio Mora).
Lost UD 12 against Arthur Abraham for the IBF middleweight title.
Lost UD 12 against Sebastian Sylvester for the IBF International middleweight title.
Beat Corey Johnson (Draw against Shannan Taylor).
Beat Darnell Boone (Bum yet he did beat Adonis Stevenson).

(Past prime) Nobuhiro Ishida (Record 24W-8L-2D at the time):
------------------------------------------------------------
Former interim WBA World light middleweight title-holder.
Beat James Kirkland (first to defeat and to KO Kirkland).
Beat Javier Alberto Mamani (when it still mattered).
Moved up to heavyweight.

Ian Gardner (Record 20W-3L-0D at the time):
-------------------------------------------
Lost SD against Peter Manfredo Jr.
Beat Deandre Latimore (Beat Sechew Powell and SD loss to Cory Spinks for the IBF light middleweight title).
Beat Kuvanych Toygonbayev (Beat Oba Carr & Andrey Tsurkan).
Beat Tokunbo Olajide.
Beat Troy Rowland (Beat Charles Whittaker).
Beat Gilberto Reyes (Beat Carlos Gonzalez, former WBO light welterweight champion).
Lost UD 12 to Arthur Abraham for the WBA Inter-Continental middleweight title.
Lost TKO 11 to Chad Dawson (Former WBC & IBF light heavyweight champion).

(past prime) Kassim Ouma (Record 27W-7L-1D at the time):
--------------------------------------------------------
Former IBF light middleweight champion.
Beat Verno Phillips (X2) (Former IBF light middleweight champion).
Beat Marco Antonio Rubio (Beat Carlos Manuel Baldomir & David Lemieux).
Beat Sechew Powell (Beat Former IBF light middleweight champions Cornelius Bundrage & Ishe Smith).
Beat Alex Bunema (Beat Former IBF light welterweight champion Vince Phillips & IBF middleweight champ Roman Karmazin).
Beat Kuvanych Toygonbayev (Beat Oba Carr & Andrey Tsurkan).
Beat Kofi Jantuah (Beat Marco Antonio Rubio & Santiago Samaniego).
Beat Carlos Bojorquez (Beat Pernell Whitaker).
Beat Tony Marshall.

C+ level opponents:

Curtis Stevens (Record 25W-3L-0D at the time):
----------------------------------------------
The Ring's #9 Rated.
Beat Piotr Wilczewski (former european super middleweight champion).
Beat Saul Roman (Beat Marco Antonio Rubio, Kassim Ouma).
Beat Elvin Ayala (Draw against Sergio Mora).
Beat Patrick Majewski with a jab.

Grzegorz Proksa (Record 28W-1L-0D at the time):
-----------------------------------------------
Former European middleweight champion.
The Ring's #10 Rated at the time.
Beat Sebastian Sylvester (Former IBF middleweight champion & European middleweight champion).
Beat Steve Conway (Former International Boxing Organization light middleweight champion).
Beat Pablo Navascues (Draw against Javier Castillejo).

Gabriel Rosado (Record 21W-5L-0D at the time):
----------------------------------------------
The Ring's #9 Rated junior middleweight (Rosado is bigger than GGG) at the time.
Beat Kassim Ouma (Former IBF light middleweight champion).
Beat Sechew Powell (Beat Former IBF light middleweight champions Cornelius Bundrage & Ishe Smith).
Beat Jesus Soto Karass (Beat former european welterweight champ Selcuk Aydin & former WBC/IBF welterweight champion Andre Berto).
Beat Charles Whittaker (IBF Light Middleweight rankings #2 Spot at the time).
Beat Saul Roman (Beat Marco Antonio Rubio, Kassim Ouma).
Lost TKO 10 to Peter Quillin (fight was an even 85-85, bad cut but Rosado could see no problem, bad timing to stop the fight) (WBO middleweight champion).

B level:
________

Matthew Macklin (Record 29W-4L-0D at the time):
-----------------------------------------------
Former European middleweight champion.
Should have won the WBA Super World middleweight title.
The Ring's #5 Rated at the time.
Beat Felix Sturm (robbed) (former WBO & WBA middleweight champion).
Beat Joachim Alcine (former WBA World light middleweight champion).
Beat Amin Asikainen (former European middleweight champion).
Beat Luis Ramon Campas (former IBF light middleweight champion).
Beat Wayne El****.
Lost KO 11 to Sergio Gabriel Martinez (knocked down Martinez in round 7).

Geale, Sturm, Murray, Quillin, Martinez has yet to face 3G to his credit but until that happens then why all the hoopla about him already facing the top of the Mountain in Mayweather?

Your thoughts and justification if you believe he should already be facing Floyd Mayweather please???
BoxingFan86
I have no idea, but I'd rather see GGG face Ward, not Mayweather. Like Mayweather said, "I'm so good, I got heavyweights callin' me out."
mrchitown
It's the boogeyman theory. Every time one monster in boxing is brought back to reality then these rabid ass casual fans create a new one. Like Cshel said in a thread he created. Ain't no one clamoring for the next fight if Matthysse. They actually did the same thing with Maidana in previous yrs. When he beat Ortiz, be was seen as some bull on an unstoppable path, then x amount of losses later, it was quiet. Now that he beats Broner, all of a sudden he's a threat again and he's this and that. Why wasn't he this threat after beating Karass or Lopez?

It's all bull in the end, the same thing they're saying about Golovkin, they're saying about Kovalev and Stevenson. The fans want Ward to move up and fight both of them but they don't demand that the 2 fight Bernard. We know why that is....they want Ward to move up in search of an alleged challenge but don't want Golovkin to move up to fight Ward, which is the biggest fight for him. There's no reasonable explanation to condone a fight between Mayweather and Golovkin. Any one who favors him moving down instead of moving up is an idiot in my book. Don't mention a Mayweather fight when his toughest challenge is 8lbs up

GGG says fighters are ducking him, his trainer and promo team say the same thing. Then when Ward says he's down for the fight an others like Froch tell him to bring it, he and Abel Sanchez say "160 is our focus". But when Mayweather is brought up, we'd love that fight we can make the weight. I respect Golovkin but not by much. He's a hype machine, one of the biggest hype jobs I've seen. He got his soul snatched verbally by SMW's and LHW's and he hiding behind 160. He ain't what everybody thinks he is

My thing for those who want to see him fight Mayweather is Ward or stfu, he ignoring his biggest threat. He can keep fighting them Monte Carlo fights, he like beating up in the Ishida's. The boogeyman will be exposed soon enough. He can't hide in that closet forever
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 2 2014, 03:35 PM) *
It's the boogeyman theory. Every time one monster in boxing is brought back to reality then these rabid ass casual fans create a new one. Like Cshel said in a thread he created. Ain't no one clamoring for the next fight if Matthysse. They actually did the same thing with Maidana in previous yrs. When he beat Ortiz, be was seen as some bull on an unstoppable path, then x amount of losses later, it was quiet. Now that he beats Broner, all of a sudden he's a threat again and he's this and that. Why wasn't he this threat after beating Karass or Lopez?

It's all bull in the end, the same thing they're saying about Golovkin, they're saying about Kovalev and Stevenson. The fans want Ward to move up and fight both of them but they don't demand that the 2 fight Bernard. We know why that is....they want Ward to move up in search of an alleged challenge but don't want Golovkin to move up to fight Ward, which is the biggest fight for him. There's no reasonable explanation to condone a fight between Mayweather and Golovkin. Any one who favors him moving down instead of moving up is an idiot in my book. Don't mention a Mayweather fight when his toughest challenge is 8lbs up

GGG says fighters are ducking him, his trainer and promo team say the same thing. Then when Ward says he's down for the fight an others like Froch tell him to bring it, he and Abel Sanchez say "160 is our focus". But when Mayweather is brought up, we'd love that fight we can make the weight. I respect Golovkin but not by much. He's a hype machine, one of the biggest hype jobs I've seen. He got his soul snatched verbally by SMW's and LHW's and he hiding behind 160. He ain't what everybody thinks he is

My thing for those who want to see him fight Mayweather is Ward or stfu, he ignoring his biggest threat. He can keep fighting them Monte Carlo fights, he like beating up in the Ishida's. The boogeyman will be exposed soon enough. He can't hide in that closet forever

Man, whatever you do; don't go over to Boxrec.com speaking the truth like this-those European white guys will try to discredit and destroy you over there for putting it down like this.
Cshel86
Why is anybody clamoring over Floyd fighting anybody at MW? This has been an ongoing issue for the longest...well, at least for the last couple of years now.
AZWildCat
people always want what they cant have!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2014, 03:56 PM) *
Why is anybody clamoring over Floyd fighting anybody at MW? This has been an ongoing issue for the longest...well, at least for the last couple of years now.

Well just read some of the Ish said by posters on this forum; quite a few have mentioned they want to see 3G face Floyd but my belief is that the main people who want to see them fight is due to their dislike for Mayweather and for the fact that they believe that 3G is going to do what they want (put him to sleep).

Personally I don't believe that 3G's flat-flooted style and leaky defense would be tailormade for Mayweather.
mgrover
Nah I'd rather he fights Martinez.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 2 2014, 03:56 PM) *
Man, whatever you do; don't go over to Boxrec.com speaking the truth like this-those European white guys will try to discredit and destroy you over there for putting it down like this.

Is it that bad?
ryustuh
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 2 2014, 06:46 PM) *
Is it that bad?

go to facebook and check up on all the boxing groups/forums...it is absolutely ridiculous. this is the most hype and praise i've seen any single fighter get for beating a no name.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2014, 04:56 PM) *

cuz they're stupid
ryustuh
twitter is blowin up too
TheCritics
Mayweather should face him fight #5 or #6 of his deal... make him come to 154 with a same day weigh in
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 2 2014, 05:46 PM) *
Is it that bad?

Well there are a few over there that are straight up racist bigots who will argue you up and down that not one person can beat 3G, they make it seem as though the only one who'd beat him is one of the Klitschkos. lol
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Feb 2 2014, 06:47 PM) *
Mayweather should face him fight #5 or #6 of his deal... make him come to 154 with a same day weigh in

I disagree because even if he wins at that weight everyone will say Floyd drained him and go on to discredit the victory.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 2 2014, 08:23 PM) *
I disagree because even if he wins at that weight everyone will say Floyd drained him and go on to discredit the victory.

Every fight Floyd wins is discredited!
KOpower
I would like to see the fight. I would also like to see GGG move to 168 and fight Ward. I think his best option is to stay at 160 and fight the guys there, eventually leading up to a PPV fight against the winner of Martinez-Cotto.

I don't think anyone is demanding this fight and truth be told it has no chance of happening with GGG being signed to HBO and Floyd signed to Showtime. It sucks for us fight fans, but Floyd is married to GBP at this point so he will end his career fighting a string of guys like Khan, Garcia, and Maidana.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 2 2014, 09:05 PM) *
I would like to see the fight. I would also like to see GGG move to 168 and fight Ward. I think his best option is to stay at 160 and fight the guys there, eventually leading up to a PPV fight against the winner of Martinez-Cotto.

I don't think anyone is demanding this fight and truth be told it has no chance of happening with GGG being signed to HBO and Floyd signed to Showtime. It sucks for us fight fans, but Floyd is married to GBP at this point so he will end his career fighting a string of guys like Khan, Garcia, and Maidana.

Nothing wrong with him facing those guys especially since Manny and Tim chickened out of moving away from ROB Arum the Rapist and his Top Rape promotional company.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2014, 09:56 PM) *

Because realistically theres nothing left for him at welterweight and light middle that both fit his criteria and the fans. I mean he won't fight Lara because Lara isn't known, so fair enough, mans gotta eat. So why not Martinez, he did well with his PPV with Garcia, 475k supposedly(you know the Bobfather). If he beats Cotto in spectacular fashion am sure that'll raise his popularity. The fans criteria him to fight somebody that we don't know if he'll actually beat for once.

edit: The whole why 3G deal is because his seemingly undeniable power, and while he has some thudding power, reminiscent to Mike Tyson, it's not the same level, hence why he isn't destroying people within 1-4 rounds and getting these TKOs, so they think IF he touches Mayweather up he may do some serious damage, and while in a way I think with his power if he commits to the body he maybe able to do some damage, just seems way to slow for me. So to finish it all off, GGG vs Canelo.
The Original MrFactor
Let me say first that I don't believe that Golovkin should be on Mayweather's radar... yet. However, when you want to put him in a category with greats like Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard, they all did just that. They challenged guys at higher weights. They won some, they lost some. They are revered in our eyes because they dared to take on a challenge that we thought was very risky. They were not always an overwhelming favorite in their challenges. When was the last time Mayweather fought a guy where the majority didn't overwhelmingly favor him? It hasn't happened. Those three guys mentioned above were not always the overwhelming favorite every single time out.

Its a matter of people just wanting to see a good fight and get their money's worth out of a $70 PPV. I know I'm tired of seeing Mayweather breeze through the WW class. I don't think Khan or Maidana are legitimate challenges. He will again be an overwhelming favorite and easily beat both of those guys. He may even win by KO. I'm not paying for Khan or Maidana. Neither one of those guys is even the BEST challenge at WW. I wouldn't have been mad if Mayweather moved up and challenged Sergio Martinez, who is clearly more deserving than Golovkin. If/when Golovkin eclipses Martinez, then we can also put him in the conversation.
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 3 2014, 05:11 AM) *
Let me say first that I don't believe that Golovkin should be on Mayweather's radar... yet. However, when you want to put him in a category with greats like Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard, they all did just that. They challenged guys at higher weights. They won some, they lost some. They are revered in our eyes because they dared to take on a challenge that we thought was very risky. They were not always an overwhelming favorite in their challenges. When was the last time Mayweather fought a guy where the majority didn't overwhelmingly favor him? It hasn't happened. Those three guys mentioned above were not always the overwhelming favorite every single time out.

Its a matter of people just wanting to see a good fight and get their money's worth out of a $70 PPV. I know I'm tired of seeing Mayweather breeze through the WW class. I don't think Khan or Maidana are legitimate challenges. He will again be an overwhelming favorite and easily beat both of those guys. He may even win by KO. I'm not paying for Khan or Maidana. Neither one of those guys is even the BEST challenge at WW. I wouldn't have been mad if Mayweather moved up and challenged Sergio Martinez, who is clearly more deserving than Golovkin. If/when Golovkin eclipses Martinez, then we can also put him in the conversation.

I've already stated my opinion in many a thread on the bolded. So I won't rehash old stuff. But this is the worst argument ever
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 2 2014, 07:21 PM) *
Well there are a few over there that are straight up racist bigots who will argue you up and down that not one person can beat 3G, they make it seem as though the only one who'd beat him is one of the Klitschkos. lol

I think I will take a look over there. I never knew it was that bad, I heard stuff but nothing like what your saying. Golovkin is supposedly considering moving up to 168 next year, I hope he fights Ward then so we can shut this topic up because he's a hype job. I think he's a very good boxer but he's not a great one and he wouldn't be such a hype job if the boogeyman clan wouldn't nut hug him so much. But he still isn't a s good as advertised
Cshel86
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 2 2014, 05:05 PM) *
Well just read some of the Ish said by posters on this forum; quite a few have mentioned they want to see 3G face Floyd but my belief is that the main people who want to see them fight is due to their dislike for Mayweather and for the fact that they believe that 3G is going to do what they want (put him to sleep).

Personally I don't believe that 3G's flat-flooted style and leaky defense would be tailormade for Mayweather.

I'm starting to NOT put so much stock into some posters around here...some of these guys appear to be undercover casual fans, not be their own admission, but due to their backwards logic and fantasy fight fever. GGG is good, good to watch, but that's about it. Hell, maybe he's better than we think, but as soon as retard boxing "fans" start hyping a guy up, I tend to no like them anymore. Guys were clamoring over Matthysse, but as soon as Danny shut him down, we hardly hear his name around here. Lol

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 3 2014, 05:13 AM) *
Because realistically theres nothing left for him at welterweight and light middle that both fit his criteria and the fans. I mean he won't fight Lara because Lara isn't known, so fair enough, mans gotta eat. So why not Martinez, he did well with his PPV with Garcia, 475k supposedly(you know the Bobfather). If he beats Cotto in spectacular fashion am sure that'll raise his popularity. The fans criteria him to fight somebody that we don't know if he'll actually beat for once.

edit: The whole why 3G deal is because his seemingly undeniable power, and while he has some thudding power, reminiscent to Mike Tyson, it's not the same level, hence why he isn't destroying people within 1-4 rounds and getting these TKOs, so they think IF he touches Mayweather up he may do some serious damage, and while in a way I think with his power if he commits to the body he maybe able to do some damage, just seems way to slow for me. So to finish it all off, GGG vs Canelo.

There IS something something left for him at WW and 154, but if "fans" would put more time and attention into those fighters and their fights, then maybe some of it will make sense. It's not secret that he sits back and sees who performs the best, then picks them, but again, most "fans" out there, spend so much time talking about him, and not about what's in front of them.

I think the whole GGG thing is a bit absurd, but hey, who am I to judge? I think that more time and attention needs to be put into the WW and JWM divisions...or should I say, more promotion. There's not a lot of stars out there, so I guess fans have to make fights up and try to push them.

We're obviously not in the era of ODLH, Mosley, Hopkins, Trinidad, Wright, Vargas, Mayorga, etc...those were the days, and those dudes were stars in their own rite. We don't have that many names to fall back on nowadays, and it's sad, because all of these social networks are in place, and these guys still can't make a decent name for themselves.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 3 2014, 10:49 AM) *
I'm starting to NOT put so much stock into some posters around here...some of these guys appear to be undercover casual fans, not be their own admission, but due to their backwards logic and fantasy fight fever. GGG is good, good to watch, but that's about it. Hell, maybe he's better than we think, but as soon as retard boxing "fans" start hyping a guy up, I tend to no like them anymore. Guys were clamoring over Matthysse, but as soon as Danny shut him down, we hardly hear his name around here. Lol

There IS something something left for him at WW and 154, but if "fans" would put more time and attention into those fighters and their fights, then maybe some of it will make sense. It's not secret that he sits back and sees who performs the best, then picks them, but again, most "fans" out there, spend so much time talking about him, and not about what's in front of them.

I think the whole GGG thing is a bit absurd, but hey, who am I to judge? I think that more time and attention needs to be put into the WW and JWM divisions...or should I say, more promotion. There's not a lot of stars out there, so I guess fans have to make fights up and try to push them.

We're obviously not in the era of ODLH, Mosley, Hopkins, Trinidad, Wright, Vargas, Mayorga, etc...those were the days, and those dudes were stars in their own rite. We don't have that many names to fall back on nowadays, and it's sad, because all of these social networks are in place, and these guys still can't make a decent name for themselves.

You might be onto something here. It's too many microwave celebs and in sports, it'd the same thing. Too many prisoner of the moment types. Like how they were hailing Jeremy Lynn as some as a future NBA superstar. Or in boxing, like how they built up Pavlik. Same way they did Matthysse, and how their doing GGG, Kovalev and Stevenson. And I find it hilarious that their doing the same thing with Maidana and they did the same thing when he beat Ortiz. Then he loses a few and no one speaks of him now he's the boogeyman again. Hypocrites
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 10:24 AM) *
I've already stated my opinion in many a thread on the bolded. So I won't rehash old stuff. But this is the worst argument ever

Why not just post your opinion so we can take this discussion on for another 18 pages?
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 12:37 PM) *
You might be onto something here. It's too many microwave celebs and in sports, it'd the same thing. Too many prisoner of the moment types. Like how they were hailing Jeremy Lynn as some as a future NBA superstar. Or in boxing, like how they built up Pavlik. Same way they did Matthysse, and how their doing GGG, Kovalev and Stevenson. And I find it hilarious that their doing the same thing with Maidana and they did the same thing when he beat Ortiz. Then he loses a few and no one speaks of him now he's the boogeyman again. Hypocrites

Man I'm about to just start a thread...a brotha's in his feelings today. I'll stick with the lack of promotion, since I already made the boogeyman Matthysse thread. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 3 2014, 01:56 PM) *
Why not just post your opinion so we can take this discussion on for another 18 pages?

laugh.gif nice

Well I don't think what the guys of the past did should have anything remotely to do with what Mayweather is doing. He's set a precedent already with the random drug testing, fight purses and money revenue period and his ATG status was cemented at the lighter weight classes before he even moved up to 147...they blazed their trail and he's blazing his own too

I don't think Lebron or Kobe has to win 6rings to be considered ATG's or better then Jordan but yet we see this tom foolery because no one wants to admit that a current athlete could be greater the the one we've seen before. For the record, neither is better then Jordan imo. But in terms Floyd can't be Floyd. He has to be one of the golden era fighters. Ward can't be Ward. He has to be the new Hopkins....and it goes on and on. if Mayweather's ATG status is still in doubt to some then there's realistically nothing he can do to prove those fans otherwise.

And also no one at MW besides Martinez has done anything close to warranting a fight with Mayweather. Because Golovkin beat a Ishida, a Rosado. A Adama..and a host of other who the hell are they's??? He deserves a fight with Mayweather? I don't think so. People fear the boogeyman but GGG is limited and.no one talks about that fact and his shitty resume. I've said it once and I'll said it again, don't call for no fight with him and Floyd and yet disregard that Ward and Froch pulled his card and he bitched out.

Mayweather doesn't have to prove anything else, he can retire now and he'd be a HOFer and an ATG. I love the guys you and others mention but they had their time and their time is passed. It's a new day and a new king. I appreciate what I'm witnessing, there's never going to be another like him. Ever! I appreciate what I get to witness and those who don't or thinks he has something to prove still I tell them to stop watching because their in a battle they can't win
AZWildCat
at the end of the day whats ggg gonna do that canelo couldnt?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 3 2014, 02:28 PM) *
Man I'm about to just start a thread...a brotha's in his feelings today. I'll stick with the lack of promotion, since I already made the boogeyman Matthysse thread. Lol

Social media has changed the landscaping of how we consume and view everything and that extends to sports. I've stated I'm not a fan of it. It gave a voice to people who shouldn't have one, I know that's cold but it's true lol

As far as GGG and Matthyse, Maidana etc go. Every time someone enters the closet the boogeyman is destroyed. It's fighters willing to walk in that closet but GGG and his people are holding the knob....they know what awaits them
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 03:54 PM) *
laugh.gif nice

Well I don't think what the guys of the past did should have anything remotely to do with what Mayweather is doing. He's set a precedent already with the random drug testing, fight purses and money revenue period and his ATG status was cemented at the lighter weight classes before he even moved up to 147...they blazed their trail and he's blazing his own too

I don't think Lebron or Kobe has to win 6rings to be considered ATG's or better then Jordan but yet we see this tom foolery because no one wants to admit that a current athlete could be greater the the one we've seen before. For the record, neither is better then Jordan imo. But in terms Floyd can't be Floyd. He has to be one of the golden era fighters. Ward can't be Ward. He has to be the new Hopkins....and it goes on and on. if Mayweather's ATG status is still in doubt to some then there's realistically nothing he can do to prove those fans otherwise.

And also no one at MW besides Martinez has done anything close to warranting a fight with Mayweather. Because Golovkin beat a Ishida, a Rosado. A Adama..and a host of other who the hell are they's??? He deserves a fight with Mayweather? I don't think so. People fear the boogeyman but GGG is limited and.no one talks about that fact and his shitty resume. I've said it once and I'll said it again, don't call for no fight with him and Floyd and yet disregard that Ward and Froch pulled his card and he bitched out.

Mayweather doesn't have to prove anything else, he can retire now and he'd be a HOFer and an ATG. I love the guys you and others mention but they had their time and their time is passed. It's a new day and a new king. I appreciate what I'm witnessing, there's never going to be another like him. Ever! I appreciate what I get to witness and those who don't or thinks he has something to prove still I tell them to stop watching because their in a battle they can't win

I agree with much of what you wrote. I do say that Mayweather can always plot his career in the direction he see's fit. The modern athlete will always be compared to greats of the past. Past guys like Jordan, Dr J, , Ali, Leonard and such, set a standard or a bar if you will. Prior to those guys there was also a standard set by the generation that came before them. Each successive generation since has raised the bar by outdoing the previous generations accomplishments. Mayweather although great, and there's no one here questioning that he is, hasn't raised the standard much. He hasn't been significantly challenged. His comfort zone has not been breached. Don't fault past legends for doing so in their careers and then say that Mayweather cant be judged by the same standard that we judge other athletes by. He's in the same boat. Fighting the Khan's and Maidanas of the world will make him money, but don't up the standard for the game.

You are absolutely correct, that he doesn't have anything left to prove. However as a paying fan, I don't have anything left to give when its gotten to that point in a guys career. So I wont be paying to see the The Miami Hurricanes vs Kutztown State anytime soon.
ryustuh
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 04:58 PM) *
Social media has changed the landscaping of how we consume and view everything and that extends to sports. I've stated I'm not a fan of it. It gave a voice to people who shouldn't have one, I know that's cold but it's true lol

As far as GGG and Matthyse, Maidana etc go. Every time someone enters the closet the boogeyman is destroyed. It's fighters willing to walk in that closet but GGG and his people are holding the knob....they know what awaits them

this is very true - it still confuses me as to why the ignorant opinions gain so much more attention than actual valid truths. it's like people are so frail that they place all their hope in one persona, and when that image is broken, they jump on whatever train is next. it amazes me to what lengths some will defend their idols even when they are COMPLETELY groundless.

i dont know why everyone shouts one side of an argument and turns a blind eye to the other. case in point, 99% of the posts out there scream that gennady has no one left to fight, and everyone's ducking him. it absolutely muddles the truth, and makes it extremely difficult to pick out what is actually going on. how come this is the only place i can come to hear that dirrell's willing to fight, ward is up to it, and there are options on the table? is this some kind of haven for the last ones left who have a balanced perspective on things? how do we spread this wisdom to the masses?
hookoffthejab
As of now....Floyd sits alone....They say Ali, Duran, Leonard.....Leonard maxed at 168 pounds against Danny Lalonde...thats 21 pounds north of where he started at...SRL also was fighting at 160 his first year pro as well...All these urban legends about guys doing amazing things....SRL openly ducked moving up to take on Iran Barkley, His words and Iran's......Ali fought at HW his entire pro career so...that's a dumb argument....Duran was forced to move up in weight cause he lacked the discipline to stay in shape between fights ala Chavez Jr fighting at 175....All of these guys have holes in their resume....at 36 all of them were getting their asses kicked. FMJ will be 37 years old his next fight...He has proven how great he is.....
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 02:54 PM) *
laugh.gif nice

+1 Bruh, which is why I posted his sh*tty resume, you took the words right out of my mouth. I have nothing against 3G and it's partially not his fault that the best isn't calling him out at MW but there is always another option that he hasn't seemed to entertain yet and that is "if none of the top dawgs at 160 will fight you then move up to 168 where Froch and Ward are begging for you to go."

The problem I see when people are even considering Floyd as an opponent for 3G is the fact that there's a double standard that only seems to apply to him (Mayweather) and his Haters seemingly tries to justify their dislike and their want for someone/anyone/in this case 3G to come to their rescue and put him to sleep because they say that since Mayweather claims he's TBE then he has to continually prove it by challenging himself by constantly moving up and facing bigger opponents.

They will never be satisfied though because even if he did move to MW and beat 3G they'd start immediately clamoring for him to take on Ward and then Hopkins but I'm even more fearful that in their penchant to continue their dislike/Hate for him that they'd demand he face one of the Klits and then and only then will he have proven his greatness (not that he has to IMHO) but that's what it would take to shut them up.
Franchize
QUOTE (hookoffthejab @ Feb 3 2014, 04:55 PM) *
As of now....Floyd sits alone....They say Ali, Duran, Leonard.....Leonard maxed at 168 pounds against Danny Lalonde...thats 21 pounds north of where he started at...SRL also was fighting at 160 his first year pro as well...All these urban legends about guys doing amazing things....SRL openly ducked moving up to take on Iran Barkley, His words and Iran's......Ali fought at HW his entire pro career so...that's a dumb argument....Duran was forced to move up in weight cause he lacked the discipline to stay in shape between fights ala Chavez Jr fighting at 175....All of these guys have holes in their resume....at 36 all of them were getting their asses kicked. FMJ will be 37 years old his next fight...He has proven how great he is.....

He also wanted no parts of Aaron Pryor or a rematch with Hagler.

I'm pretty sure the same people clamoring for a Mayweather vs GGG fight are the people who are dying to see him lose. No way anyone with any type of knowledge of the sport can complain about a natural welterweight (not even a big welterweight) not fighting a guy who really should be a super middleweight.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 3 2014, 07:39 PM) *
He also wanted no parts of Aaron Pryor or a rematch with Hagler.

I'm pretty sure the same people clamoring for a Mayweather vs GGG fight are the people who are dying to see him lose. No way anyone with any type of knowledge of the sport can complain about a natural welterweight (not even a big welterweight) not fighting a guy who really should be a super middleweight.

When I seen that legendary nights I lost alot of respect for ray.....Pryor chased him down. From NYC to LA to Vegas. And ray wanted no parts of the hawk!!!!! Not any politics involved just wanted no parts!

Start talking ggg vs pacman and watch the chaos unfold
KOpower
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 12:37 PM) *

What are you complaining about right now? KO's sell. It has been that way for years and years. Are you a new fan? Are you a "casual"? Andre Ward would be a solid favorite over GGG but that doesn't mean people wouldn't rather see GGG fight. It is what it is but you are mistaking popularity for effectiveness. Do you know who Will Smith is? Sure you do..he is one of the most popular actors in the world. Do you know who Daniel Day-Lewis is? Maybe...but maybe not. He is the BEST actor in the world and even Will Smith would admit that DDL is a far greater actor. That doesn't mean Will Smith isn't far more popular.

Just enjoy boxing. Enjoy the different styles instead of just crapping all over everyone. Why can't you appreciate what someone like Maidana, Pavlik, or GGG brings to the table? The boxing world doesn't revolve around "your" type of fighters...guys like Hopkins, Mayweahter, Rigo, and Ward. Those guys are the best, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the other elite fighters.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 3 2014, 09:13 PM) *
What are you complaining about right now? KO's sell. It has been that way for years and years. Are you a new fan? Are you a "casual"? Andre Ward would be a solid favorite over GGG but that doesn't mean people wouldn't rather see GGG fight. It is what it is but you are mistaking popularity for effectiveness. Do you know who Will Smith is? Sure you do..he is one of the most popular actors in the world. Do you know who Daniel Day-Lewis is? Maybe...but maybe not. He is the BEST actor in the world and even Will Smith would admit that DDL is a far greater actor. That doesn't mean Will Smith isn't far more popular.

Just enjoy boxing. Enjoy the different styles instead of just crapping all over everyone. Why can't you appreciate what someone like Maidana, Pavlik, or GGG brings to the table? The boxing world doesn't revolve around "your" type of fighters...guys like Hopkins, Mayweahter, Rigo, and Ward. Those guys are the best, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the other elite fighters.

Fuck him
KOpower
^^^

Exactly, so now you get where some of these "casual" fans come from. Some of these casual fans couldn't give 2 shits about Andre Ward because they think he is boring as hell. Is it right? No. Are they ignorant? Yes. Andre Ward is probably the 2nd best p4p fighter in the world. He is amazing and I don't see anyone out there that could beat him at this point. That doesn't mean he is going to be more popular than someone like GGG.

I personally can appreciate BOTH guys fight. I don't watch Ward and think he is boring just like I don't watch GGG and mumble hater shit like "he is overrated" after every round.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 3 2014, 09:31 PM) *
^^^

Exactly, so now you get where some of these "casual" fans come from. Some of these casual fans couldn't give 2 shits about Andre Ward because they think he is boring as hell. Is it right? No. Are they ignorant? Yes. Andre Ward is probably the 2nd best p4p fighter in the world. He is amazing and I don't see anyone out there that could beat him at this point. That doesn't mean he is going to be more popular than someone like GGG.

I personally can appreciate BOTH guys fight. I don't watch Ward and think he is boring just like I don't watch GGG and mumble hater shit like "he is overrated" after every round.

Don't use my voluntary ignorance to drive your point...figure you were more intelligent than that, but what was I thinking?
KOpower
I don't need you to drive home a point that is a fact. Will Smith is FAR more popular than Daniel Day Lewis. That is a fact. Daniel Day Lewis is a FAR more talented and accomplished actor. Those are facts. That can be compared to the boxing world where guys like GGG and JCC JR are more popular than Andre Ward, even though Ward is a more talented and accomplished fighter.

You just have to be able to appreciate both types of fighters. I can appreciate guys like Pavlik and GGG. I can appreciate guys like Ward and Hopkins. I just wish all boxing fans could do the same instead of picking sides.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 3 2014, 09:45 PM) *
I don't need you to drive home a point that is a fact. Will Smith is FAR more popular than Daniel Day Lewis. That is a fact. Daniel Day Lewis is a FAR more talented and accomplished actor. Those are facts. That can be compared to the boxing world where guys like GGG and JCC JR are more popular than Andre Ward, even though Ward is a more talented and accomplished fighter.

You just have to be able to appreciate both types of fighters. I can appreciate guys like Pavlik and GGG. I can appreciate guys like Ward and Hopkins. I just wish all boxing fans could do the same instead of picking sides.

...now...if only you could get me to like you long enough to wholeheartedly agree with your points...

by the way...good points

laugh.gif
ryustuh
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 3 2014, 09:45 PM) *

i dont think anyone's intention was to say we don't appreciate these guys. everyone on here is knowledgeable enough (or so i hope) to respect boxing and all those who take part in it. rather, our point is, these guys don't deserve the LEVEL of respect and attention that they're getting, and it's true. part of the reason we watch any form of competition is to decipher who is at an elite status and giving him/her/them the appropriate respect. it's a disservice to those at the top of boxing like the andre wards and floyd mayweathers to say someone like gennady has earned a shot against them. it's borderline asinine to say or imply that gennady is that great given his track record against B/C level opposition. that's certainly not the same thing as saying we don't appreciate gennady as a boxer and what he does in the ring.
mrchitown
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 3 2014, 08:13 PM) *

WTF are you talking about?? I've been in this sport for 17yrs and a fan for much longer then that...we're debating the topic in here. I don't care what sells you dope head because everything that sells ain't a good product? I like all fighters, I don't care whatb their style is but the fans and some idiots like you seem to build them up as this invincible monster. It's not true, you can get butt hurt all you want but I don't have a type of fighter, I train a guy whose a brawler and he's my best fighter, and I got 10 more guys who box, some who brawl like the kid Francis I just mentioned and I got some who can do both...Just because I like a Mayweather and Rigo doesn't mean I don't appreciate a a Kovalev or a Stevenson. If your stupid ass was around more instead of jumping out of left field then you would know that....Your popularity for effectiveness argument was one of the most boneheaded things I've ever head on here

CShel! I think we've just found Allmenjoi's husband, this dude is dumb as cat piss

You quoted me and went on a butthurt rant and still managed to NOT CONTRIBUTE ONE SOLID MOMENT TO THIS THREAD!!! We're discussing why people are favoring a fight with Golvkin? Tell us jackass, what he's done to earn that fight? I ain't heard you say nothing about GGG and his team claiming their being ducked and how their willing to fight from 160-175, as soon as he got called out he stfu(which is what you should do right now!).....GG hasn't fought anyone, you could look good against the opponents he's faced. One day he will get the opportunity to prove himself worthy of this hype he's getting. You need to read brother. I said he's good but he's not as good as advertised now if you believe because he's KO'ing people and that puts him on another level then that's fine..I'm looking at the opposition he's knocked out, you appreciate a fight with Ishida where as I don't. Malcolm tried to warn you, but you didn't listen, you got bamboozeled....Gennady is good, still learning but he's not the boogeyman, sorry to hurt your feelings but it is what it is
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 3 2014, 08:58 PM) *
i dont think anyone's intention was to say we don't appreciate these guys. everyone on here is knowledgeable enough (or so i hope) to respect boxing and all those who take part in it. rather, our point is, these guys don't deserve the LEVEL of respect and attention that they're getting, and it's true. part of the point in watching any form of competition is deciphering who is at an elite status and giving him/her/them the appropriate respect. it's a disservice to those at the top of boxing like the andre wards and floyd mayweathers to say someone like gennady has earned a shot against them. that's certainly not the same thing as saying we don't appreciate gennady for what he's done.

Don't speak to this guy, he jump out his body all the time around here it ain't new, he whining like he's Abel Sanchez or somehting
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 11:01 PM) *
Don't speak to this guy, he jump out his body all the time around here it ain't new, he whining like he's Abel Sanchez or somehting

Lmao damn he on shine status
mrchitown
KOPower, I'm about to shut this shit down.....the dude said this recently

http://otrboxingradio.com/?p=2906

This how much of a champ he really is, back to back questions from the link I posted....

JENNA:
Thereís people that want to see you fight Mayweather Jr. Do you think that fight is a possibility?

GOLOVKIN:
It is possible, this is my present, it is my dream fight. I think itís a very interesting fight, for fans, for TV, for everybody. I know I work with HBO, Floyd is with Showtime, but I asked my promoter and he told me itís possible. I hope.

JENNA:
Another fight people want to see you in 2014 is a fight between you and Andre Ward. Do you want that fight?

GOLOVKIN:
Yes I want a fight with Andre, heís a good champion. Right now my focus is for 160, for middleweight. I have a lot of great champions at 160. In the future, maybe next year I hope to fight Andre Ward.

Fucking hypocrite, and it's countless other vids and articles out there with this guy contradicting himself,plus you got his trainer saying he's willing to move up and now he's backtracking also. It's not about me or anyone appreciating his fighting, he truthfully doesn't deserve the level of praise that he's getting. He stood in the ring and said he'd lace up with anyone from 160 to 175 and back down like a scared puppy....he ain't being ducked at all, he just doesn't want those fights or his team doesn't one or the other

Nowhere have I even remotely came across as having a "type" of fighter, everything I've posted has been of him not being worthy of the praise that he's getting. I don't really care that you take issue with that but what you took issue with was stupid and waaaay off base...the above quotes tell us all we need to know about the guy...I'm with Ward, either fight or keep Andre's name out your mouth. Notice he ain't send that contract
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 3 2014, 09:13 PM) *
Lmao damn he on shine status

Shyne is a clown now lol, sad what he's become
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 10:16 PM) *
Shyne is a clown now lol, sad what he's become

When you said "don't speak this Guy " I took it as he done F'd up and we not F'ing wit him right now....man diddy fucc'd shyne off lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 3 2014, 03:18 PM) *
this is very true - it still confuses me as to why the ignorant opinions gain so much more attention than actual valid truths. it's like people are so frail that they place all their hope in one persona, and when that image is broken, they jump on whatever train is next. it amazes me to what lengths some will defend their idols even when they are COMPLETELY groundless.

i dont know why everyone shouts one side of an argument and turns a blind eye to the other. case in point, 99% of the posts out there scream that gennady has no one left to fight, and everyone's ducking him. it absolutely muddles the truth, and makes it extremely difficult to pick out what is actually going on. how come this is the only place i can come to hear that dirrell's willing to fight, ward is up to it, and there are options on the table? is this some kind of haven for the last ones left who have a balanced perspective on things? how do we spread this wisdom to the masses?

Indeed it did, I used Jeremy Lin because he was getting this high praise and he had 15 good games in his pro career and some fans went insane over him, fast forward to his stint with Houston currently and we don't even mention dudes name in sport unless it's about that 15 game stretch he had seasons ago...I call it the hot bitch of the moment syndrome. In the era of social media and with these reality tv shows, anyone can become something they truly are not

And @the bolded, these so called media journalists and fans...some not all, just ignore the facts. I'd welcome a fight with Gennady and Dirrell. He beat Dirrell in the amateurs if I'm not mistaken. I think that's a tough fight for both...but his true tests are in the higher weight classes, you don't wanna move up yet. Cool but don't talk all this G shit like you the big figga on the block cuz he's not. I think Hopkins would beat his ass something terrible. That's a fight I've heard Hopkins talk about and GGG ain't said nothing to him. GGG will have some success, he does some crafty things in the ring, but I have a feeling he won't have the success at the higher weights, the same feeling I have about JCC jr

We don't get to hear the other side of the coin about these guys, we only hear the goodboy nation talk about GGG and his next opponent and the usual I'll fight blah blah blah. But the fans and the media alike as a whole are ignoring the other side of the coin and it's sad. Social media is dragging down a lot of the things in life and culture. These people have a voice now when they shouldn't have and it's watering down everything
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 3 2014, 09:24 PM) *
When you said "don't speak this Guy " I took it as he done F'd up and we not F'ing wit him right now....man diddy fucc'd shyne off lol

I remember that.....the same applies here too lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.