Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What If Manny loses 4/12
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
hookoffthejab
Where does Manny go if Timmy does indeed beat him this April with no controversy?
AZWildCat
Fight a rising contender to stay relevant then get cashed out!
bnoles4life
...he'll still be in the papers saying he wants Floyd.
ryustuh
my guess is he'll leave top rank when his contract is up and make a fight with an up-and-comer like thurman or porter, which would still be terrific fights in my opinion.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 3 2014, 05:39 PM) *
my guess is he'll leave top rank when his contract is up and make a fight with an up-and-comer like thurman or porter, which would still be terrific fights in my opinion.

Maaaan, he'd better stay away from Porter and Thurman
ryustuh
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 3 2014, 07:23 PM) *

lol not exactly a tune-up if he loses to bradley. guess i listed these fights more cuz i wanna see them not cuz they make sense
AZWildCat
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 3 2014, 06:32 PM) *
lol not exactly a tune-up if he loses to bradley. guess i listed these fights more cuz i wanna see them not cuz they make sense

Khan and Guerrero make sence ...both claimed to have had some thrilling sparing sessions and think they could do the same in a sanctioned match......but go figure.
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 3 2014, 06:23 PM) *

Bingo
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 3 2014, 06:53 PM) *
Khan and Guerrero make sence ...both claimed to have had some thrilling sparing sessions and think they could do the same in a sanctioned match......but go figure.

this is more believable. Much higher chance of winning for manny
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (hookoffthejab @ Feb 3 2014, 04:13 PM) *
Where does Manny go if Timmy does indeed beat him this April with no controversy?

Goes right back to being enslaved by his Rapist ROB Arum and Top Rape while continually fighting in-house fighters and making the rip-off King Arum all the money he wants since he (Bobfather) already knows this will happen as he planned. IMHO once Manny loses then he should try for a final match with JMM and if he doesn't get it then he should just retire.

We all know that as long as Pacquiao is with Arum that he will not be allowed to face Floyd, so there's nothing to prove in this case either way; even if he beats Tim then there's nowhere else to go but to face Floyd because everyone else at WW is beneath Floyd and Tim.
mrchitown
I think if he loses then he probably gone from TR, they are pretty thin in his weight class right now..if he does lose and stay with TR then they should just re-build him up for a few fights and then put him in one more big fight and let him ride off into the sunset...hell knowing Arum, even if Pacquiao loses, he'll still try to make the 5th fight between Pacquiao and Marquez
mgrover
hopefully calls it a career. To me, he just doesn't seem to want it, and its very evident in the Rios fight because he looked like he was doing a job rather than enjoying himself.
hookoffthejab
I really believe he loses to Bradley straight up this time...I thought the first fight was very very close and Manny won by 1 round......He can pay off his debts by beating up the Rios of the world but if he loses it's over at the top level.....
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 08:10 PM) *
I think if he loses then he probably gone from TR, they are pretty thin in his weight class right now..if he does lose and stay with TR then they should just re-build him up for a few fights and then put him in one more big fight and let him ride off into the sunset...hell knowing Arum, even if Pacquiao loses, he'll still try to make the 5th fight between Pacquiao and Marquez

How many years does Manny really have left. the competition is already thin. You mentioned the JMM fight, well according to Arum, if Juan wins a belt then it could happen in September. Top Rank should be renamed to Top Rematches.... Chi, I hope you didn't bet on Denver. They got a Chicago Mafia type ass kicking!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 4 2014, 02:08 PM) *
How many years does Manny really have left. the competition is already thin. You mentioned the JMM fight, well according to Arum, if Juan wins a belt then it could happen in September. Top Rank should be renamed to Top Rematches.... Chi, I hope you didn't bet on Denver. They got a Chicago Mafia type ass kicking!

Worse SB game I ever saw, Manning should hang it up...he and the whole squad was shook

If Pacquiao financial troubles is as bad as it seems then he may have to fight for an extended period of time. Arum is talking about a future fight with Mikey Garcia which is supposed to be like when Manny shot to stardom and their clearly trying to do that with Mikey. I think TR is trying to make him their next PPV star. He doesn't have a whole lot of options that's we know
Thickback
Hopefully retirement if its not a close fight. If it's close we will see Manny/Bradley III probably without VADA drug testing....lol
DigitalBoom
"Win or lose I plan to have a few more fights" just before the Rios fight..this dude if he wins will have a tie breaker..if he loses..it'll be provodnikov next and possibly gets retired...if he beats provodnikov and gets that 140 belt in the fall expect to see Pacquaio the free agent in 2015 since 140 will be light as hell at the point.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 4 2014, 01:17 PM) *
Worse SB game I ever saw, Manning should hang it up...he and the whole squad was shook

If Pacquiao financial troubles is as bad as it seems then he may have to fight for an extended period of time. Arum is talking about a future fight with Mikey Garcia which is supposed to be like when Manny shot to stardom and their clearly trying to do that with Mikey. I think TR is trying to make him their next PPV star. He doesn't have a whole lot of options that's we know

If Pac fights Mikey I a m done.
wolterb
If Pacquiao loses I think hes still got a few more fights, win or lose, that'll get attention. He'd have to be on a serious losing streak to lose his fan base. I do think Bradley will win again, this time more convincingly. He looks sharper to me, and I bet he's more mentally sound too, coming off two good wins.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 4 2014, 04:17 PM) *

Yeah Superbowl was like the Mayweather/Guerrero fight lol, Broncos had no chance and gave up after the first play.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 10:07 AM) *
If Pac fights Mikey I a m done.

With Ariza's help, didn't Manny jump up a couple of weight classes and challenge Oscar years ago? I see the same cycle taking place. They may actually negotiate this next year and have the fight at like 142 or 144 or somewhere in that neighborhood.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2014, 10:07 AM) *
With Ariza's help, didn't Manny jump up a couple of weight classes and challenge Oscar years ago? I see the same cycle taking place. They may actually negotiate this next year and have the fight at like 142 or 144 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

Can we then shit on Mikey for not trying to fight Rigondeaux? Mikey does not have a solid chin, if Pac has power left, it is going to be bad. Mikey's 2 million dollar pay day ain't worth it,
Franchize
I think it's HOW he loses that will determine his fate. If it's a close fight, there will be plenty who will say he won anyway and thus keep his seemingly invincible momentum going nevertheless.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 5 2014, 11:44 AM) *
I think it's HOW he loses that will determine his fate. If it's a close fight, there will be plenty who will say he won anyway and thus keep his seemingly invincible momentum going nevertheless.

Manny gets the nod, for another six months we have to hear "Floyd needs to fight Manny, GGG, Lara, and Bradley to seal his legacy or he is a career pussy"
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2014, 12:07 PM) *

This

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:34 PM) *
Can we then shit on Mikey for not trying to fight Rigondeaux? Mikey does not have a solid chin, if Pac has power left, it is going to be bad. Mikey's 2 million dollar pay day ain't worth it,

This too

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:48 PM) *
Manny gets the nod, for another six months we have to hear "Floyd needs to fight Manny, GGG, Lara, and Bradley to seal his legacy or he is a career pussy"

Regardless all four fights would be discredited by mainstream fans and skip bayless, Mike wilbon type critics.

Pac was old and out his prime

3g never fought A or B level competition

Who is Lara we never heard of em

And Bradley was always overrated : IMO : this would be his most competitive match since the first 5 rounds of the Judah fight.

But we'LL be here watching the mindless ignorant banter of the damn I wish he'd get knocked the fuck out crowd. He's the Jack Johnson of his time.
Franchize
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:48 PM) *

Oh is Lara part of it too now? I haven't been keeping up with my Floyd hatred manual lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 6 2014, 10:02 AM) *
Oh is Lara part of it too now? I haven't been keeping up with my Floyd hatred manual lol

Lara and Peter Quillen. But, GGG is the one they are creaming in they tighty whities for. pathetic.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:34 PM) *

Any fighter that bypasses a few challenges and "lands the big one", will always get shit on...but those are checkmate moves in my eyes. I may not always agree with it, but it is what it is (I hate that phrase).

It's funny to see other fighters get pissed a guy for doing it. They're like, "Ay man, don't duck me like that! Come down here and fight for little money, instead of moving up for a big payday."

Being that Bradley got $5M and is about to get $6M with a small fan base, Mikey's gonna a nice little cut himself...being that he has more fans than Bradley...or so it appears.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 6 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Any fighter that bypasses a few challenges and "lands the big one", will always get shit on...but those are checkmate moves in my eyes. I may not always agree with it, but it is what it is (I hate that phrase).

It's funny to see other fighters get pissed a guy for doing it. They're like, "Ay man, don't duck me like that! Come down here and fight for little money, instead of moving up for a big payday."

Being that Bradley got $5M and is about to get $6M with a small fan base, Mikey's gonna a nice little cut himself...being that he has more fans than Bradley...or so it appears.

If this fight gets made and Mikey takes punishment, can't that ruin him as a fighter. A la Cotto after Margarito, I know those circumstances are different, but you get what I mean.
Franchize
What if Bradley knocked Manny out? laugh.gif I would LOVE to hear what creative excuse Pactard nation comes up with. They still are on the "Marquez landed a lucky punch" shit even though that was the SECOND time Manny hit the canvas.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 7 2014, 09:43 AM) *
What if Bradley knocked Manny out? laugh.gif I would LOVE to hear what creative excuse Pactard nation comes up with. They still are on the "Marquez landed a lucky punch" shit even though that was the SECOND time Manny hit the canvas.

pac fan boys would have 1 of 4 responses

1) bradley got lucky. again.
2) at least manny is a REAL champ and chooses to face the best guys in the division unlike floyd who is a ducker.
3) only legitimate boxers have losses on their record and know how to bounce back from them. in this regard, pac is more of a champ than floyd will ever be bc "he knows what its like to lose".
4) they will go into hiding until pac has another comeback fight against a rios-level opponent at which point pac will get the nod, and his fans will shout he's back in form and deserves to fight floyd.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 7 2014, 08:43 AM) *

It would be worse then when he got KO'd by JMM....alot of fans. Probably just casuals but regardless. It was a lot of excuses being made
Dolimite
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 7 2014, 07:06 AM) *
pac fan boys would have 1 of 4 responses

1) bradley got lucky. again.
2) at least manny is a REAL champ and chooses to face the best guys in the division unlike floyd who is a ducker.
3) only legitimate boxers have losses on their record and know how to bounce back from them. in this regard, pac is more of a champ than floyd will ever be bc "he knows what its like to lose".

4) they will go into hiding until pac has another comeback fight against a rios-level opponent at which point pac will get the nod, and his fans will shout he's back in form and deserves to fight floyd.

Spot on. And, Manny at least fights undefeated fighters...
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 07:23 AM) *
It would be worse then when he got KO'd by JMM....alot of fans. Probably just casuals but regardless. It was a lot of excuses being made

It will also mean that he has to sign his life away to TR but knowing Pac, he has already have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.