Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MOST BRUTAL STOPPAGES
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
MAHDI
Hands down for me... AARON PRYOR ARGUELLO 1 round 14-- I counted 26 punches landed on Arguello unanswered... man that was a beat down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REWMrvdsw7o
The Original MrFactor
Ray Mercer vs Tommy Morrison
mrchitown
Pryor-Arguello and the 1st Corrales-Castillo fight immediately come to mind. I also think the 2nd fight between Zab and Spinks was a good one. That dumb ass ref was going to let Zab turn Cory into a vegetable
checkleft
Mosley vs margs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCXhdQd7F5E...be_gdata_player
mgrover
Tapia vs Kirkland is the flavor of the year
AZWildCat
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 6 2014, 04:59 PM) *

shanes last great performance....loved it!
ryustuh
more recently, gennady's beat down of rosado was pretty bloody and gruesome to me. maybe not as much acute damage over a short period of time as the ones already listed, but more of a gradual process that mustve been absolute torture for gabe.
Jack 1000
Garcia-Benton. Over 25 head-snapping shots with the ref, Roger Yanez nowhere to be found. When he finally steps in, he appears not to stop the fight, but start a count! The fight was stopped. But Benton is very lucky he didn't die. That was on USA Tuesday Night Fights.

Jack
ryustuh
also cotto marg I. very painful to watch
Dolimite
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 6 2014, 01:59 PM) *

Damn it Check, you took my answer.

Any Tyson fight that ended in a stoppage.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 6 2014, 04:54 PM) *

Except Ruddock I. Richard Steele had no business stopping the fight that fast! Ruddock got hit ONCE, and that was all.

Jack
MAHDI
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 6 2014, 03:59 PM) *

OH yeah..Mosley was relentless
Cshel86
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 6 2014, 05:50 PM) *
also cotto marg I. very painful to watch

Even to this day, smh...
checkleft
Diaz marquez was a badass fight also.
Franchize
I was gonna say Mercer vs Morrison but since it was already said. How about Tua vs Ruiz or Tyson vs Marvis Frazier.
Cshel86
I wanna say Pac vs Diaz...maybe I just got tired of seeing Diaz get socked.

On another note, does anybody remember when Javier Fortuna knocked out that young tomato can on FNFs last year? Jesus! I thought lil homie was dead...they brought the stretcher and all...that kid had no business being in there with Fortuna.

EDIT: Here it is...no2.gif

mitukczuk
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 6 2014, 05:48 PM) *
Garcia-Benton. Over 25 head-snapping shots with the ref, Roger Yanez nowhere to be found. When he finally steps in, he appears not to stop the fight, but start a count! The fight was stopped. But Benton is very lucky he didn't die. That was on USA Tuesday Night Fights.

Jack

You took my answer right there. That's one of the most brutal things I have ever seen to happen in general. The ref was terrible !!!

14:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrHiuXwobCo
ryustuh
QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 7 2014, 01:58 PM) *
You took my answer right there. That's one of the most brutal things I have ever seen to happen in general. The ref was terrible !!!

14:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrHiuXwobCo

His corner is to blame as well for not throwing in the towel like 15 punches earlier into the beatdown
MAHDI
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 7 2014, 10:20 AM) *
I was gonna say Mercer vs Morrison but since it was already said. How about Tua vs Ruiz or Tyson vs Marvis Frazier.

Good calls.. Holyfield's stoppage of Tyson was pretty damned brutal as well..
mitukczuk
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 7 2014, 01:13 PM) *
His corner is to blame as well for not throwing in the towel like 15 punches earlier into the beatdown

Good point! No doubt about that.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2014, 12:30 PM) *
I wanna say Pac vs Diaz...maybe I just got tired of seeing Diaz get socked.

On another note, does anybody remember when Javier Fortuna knocked out that young tomato can on FNFs last year? Jesus! I thought lil homie was dead...they brought the stretcher and all...that kid had no business being in there with Fortuna.

EDIT: Here it is...no2.gif

Fortuna has has a few of those
E.C.LEGEND
Jones vs Hall, Taylor vs Pavlik I, Kirkland vs Tapia.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 6 2014, 04:54 PM) *

Thats actually a better answer than you were going to give initially. Hell, even Mike would feel bad about it and go straight to em and make sure they were ok. lol... Got to love Mike.
mrchitown
Foreman putting out Frazier's lights was brutal in its own way, and Arthur Abraham finishing Jermain Taylor was just nasty. He split the guard and you just knew it was over
Franchize
Denis Lebedev vs Roy Jones. He had Roy dangling over looking like a candy cane.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 8 2014, 05:38 PM) *
Denis Lebedev vs Roy Jones. He had Roy dangling over looking like a candy cane.

kinda reminds me of kirkland tapia with smoger steppin in too late. it's like steve waits for that 1 punch to seal the deal.
MAHDI
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 8 2014, 10:23 PM) *
kinda reminds me of kirkland tapia with smoger steppin in too late. it's like steve waits for that 1 punch to seal the deal.

LMAO.. Smoger loves brutal stoppages
MAHDI
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 8 2014, 10:23 PM) *

LMAO.. Smoger loves brutal stoppages laugh.gif
ryustuh
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 13 2014, 09:52 AM) *
LMAO.. Smoger loves brutal stoppages laugh.gif

lol he also loves kissin dudes after they get their ass beat
wolterb
^lol - he's a strange guy. I liked recently when Murat was trying to butt Hopkins in the last seconds of the last round, the bell rang, Smoger takes Murat by his head and shoves him towards his corner. Sounded like he cussed at him too whilst doing so lol

Ruddock stopping Dokes was bad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.