Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Many Times Has Mayweather Been Down From A Slip or a Punch?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Didn't Judah have him down? But it was counted as a slip. Mosley had Floyd the most hurt I have seen in that second round, but didn't follow up. I still think it almost looked like he was paid not to follow up. I am not saying he was, but it just looked like Shane was a little too nice in there. (After round 2.)

Jack
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 6 2014, 05:53 PM) *
Didn't Judah have him down? But it was counted as a slip. Mosley had Floyd the most hurt I have seen in that second round, but didn't follow up. I still think it almost looked like he was paid not to follow up. I am not saying he was, but it just looked like Shane was a little too nice in there. (After round 2.)

Jack

He "technically" went down in the Castillo I fight (not sure if that was Castillo or not), I believe due to his shoulder and Hatton almost had him down (more about being off balance) in Rd 1 or 2 of their fight.
BrutUalBK
lol it's newsworthy when Floyd "almost" goes down or gets knocked down at all but to answer the question Zab was the only fighter who legitimately knocked him down. Mosley rocked him but even at the end of that round he was beating the brakes off of Shane, Hatton's bulrush knocked Floyd off balance and tripped him backwards but it was hardly because of the punch that he threw.

Castillo never came close to putting Mayweather down.
karmine20
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 6 2014, 07:25 PM) *
lol it's newsworthy when Floyd "almost" goes down or gets knocked down at all but to answer the question Zab was the only fighter who legitimately knocked him down. Mosley rocked him but even at the end of that round he was beating the brakes off of Shane, Hatton's bulrush knocked Floyd off balance and tripped him backwards but it was hardly because of the punch that he threw.

Could not of said it any better. Beautifully said..
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 6 2014, 06:25 PM) *

I was referring to the knee he took due to a shoulder injury during a fight...wasn't suggesting it was as a result from Castillo or whomever it was he was fighting at the time.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 6 2014, 06:12 PM) *
I was referring to the knee he took due to a shoulder injury during a fight...wasn't suggesting it was as a result from Castillo or whomever it was he was fighting at the time.

I know I was just laughing at this thread even though it's cool but it's just kinda funny that any other fighter in boxing gets knocked down or out then people will vaguely mention it but if it's Floyd then all of a sudden it is world news. lol

Being that damn good has to be taxing on poor (not in money) Mayweather.
mrchitown
Lol @ Hatton's hook being counted as bullrushing Floyd

This is what yall calling off balance, Hatton hit him with a good left hook and MADE Floyd get off balance. If Floyd wasn't as athletically gifted as he is that would've been a KD but it wasn't. But by no means was Hatton bullrushing him, he just threw a good shot..stop trying to steal Ricky's moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfVoXgCQc60

Zab is the only one to have knocked him down in the ring. That says something about how great Zab could've been if he had of focused not only in that fight but his career
AZWildCat
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 6 2014, 07:36 PM) *
Being that damn good has to be taxing on poor (not in money) Mayweather.

No room to be human
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 6 2014, 05:53 PM) *

Jack

Judah dropped him legitimately. He beat Floyd to the punch and as a result, Floyd lost his balance and 1 of his gloves touched/scraped the canvas (legitimate knock down), but for some reason, it was ruled as a slip. As far as who hurt Floyd the most goes, I think it's a toss-up between Corley and Mosley. Mosley tried to follow up, but he was unsuccessful in his attempt. Sharmba Mitchell and Ricky Hatton were successful at makin' Mayweather lose his balance from a punch as well. Hatton's wasn't that clean, though. In the Mitchell fight, Mitchell's trainer kept tellin' him to throw a particular punch (I can't remember which punch), then Floyd said, "He ain't gon' land it. He can't hit me." 5 secs later, Floyd gets rocked with it. He lost his balance, but he was never hurt. Castillo never came close to droppin'/hurtin' Floyd. Floyd did take a knee in 1 of his fights, though. It was due to a hand injury (not shoulder) if I remember correctly.

Sharmba Mitchell catches Mayweather in an exchange...TWICE! (FF it to the 4:10 mark)
checkleft
He went down off a straight and a low blow from Judah.
checkleft
And a hand injury early in his career. But it was a voluntary knee
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 6 2014, 08:40 PM) *

Yeah, this is what I was referrin' to.
Plah
I remember him slipping in the Genaro and Castillo fights. He took a knee against some bum (he broke his hand after he hit him in the head) if I remember correctly and Zab knocked him down.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 07:08 PM) *
Lol @ Hatton's hook being counted as bullrushing Floyd

This is what yall calling off balance, Hatton hit him with a good left hook and MADE Floyd get off balance. If Floyd wasn't as athletically gifted as he is that would've been a KD but it wasn't. But by no means was Hatton bullrushing him, he just threw a good shot..stop trying to steal Ricky's moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfVoXgCQc60

Zab is the only one to have knocked him down in the ring. That says something about how great Zab could've been if he had of focused not only in that fight but his career

Maybe you're so focused on that bogus punch that you failed to realize that hatton's leg trips up Floyd. LOL, Hatton's hook, don't make me laugh. Look at the 3 second mark and you can clearly see Ricky's leg hit up against Mayweather's after the punch is thrown and then he is off balance because of that bump.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Plah @ Feb 6 2014, 08:58 PM) *
I remember him slipping in the Genaro and Castillo fights. He took a knee against some bum (he broke his hand after he hit him in the head) if I remember correctly and Zab knocked him down.

Emanuel Augustus???
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 6 2014, 08:41 PM) *
Maybe you're so focused on that bogus punch that you failed to realize that hatton's leg trips up Floyd. LOL, Hatton's hook, don't make me laugh. Look at the 3 second mark and you can clearly see Ricky's leg hit up against Mayweather's after the punch is thrown and then he is off balance because of that bump.

I don't want to insult your intelligence because you did that yourself. Hatton threw the hook and Floyd went BACK where Hatton's LEG WAS. Don't try to spin it. Look at it. The hook started it

How did Floyd get to where his leg was and it wasn't even his leg it was around his foot and you can't even accurately say he tripped over Ricky's leg from that angle. Maybe you blinded by fandom but the left hook started that. I swear some of yall should be rappers the way yall be lying on here. How the fuck a hook that PUT Mayweather back gon be bogus. FOH lol

3 second mark Floyd and Ricky legs were nowhere near each other lol
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 11:50 PM) *
I don't want to insult your intelligence because you did that yourself. Hatton threw the hook and Floyd went BACK where Hatton's LEG WAS. Don't try to spin it. Look at it. The hook started it

How did Floyd get to where his leg was and it wasn't even his leg it was around his foot and you can't even accurately say he tripped over Ricky's leg from that angle. Maybe you blinded by fandom but the left hook started that. I swear some of yall should be rappers the way yall be lying on here. How the fuck a hook that PUT Mayweather back gon be bogus. FOH lol

3 second mark Floyd and Ricky legs were nowhere near each other lol

Had that fight in dvr for months ...no trip...Ricky actually hit em wit a good shot ...if he hadn't of stumbled back the way he did Ricky could've did damage on a follow up barrage.
Jovi
Only times i seen floyd touch the canvas. 1.He took the knee because of his hand injury. 2. Glove touched the canvas vs judah but he came right back. and 3. Glove touched the canvas vs Ricky hatton in round 1 and he came right back... If he wasn't as athletic as we was he would've been CLEARLY knocked down by now but because he hasn't definitely speaks levels to his skills.

Most i've seen mayweather hurt?! 1. The infamous round two vs Mosely, Mosely cracked him nice the first time with the straight right, second time i think he just wasn't fully recovered and didn't see the punch. 2- The fight vs Demarcus Corley, there were many times when Mayweather got CRACKED and just covered up and laid on the ropes and it was in more than 1 round (i think, i havent seen it in awhile), since he was hurt more than once i'd say this fight was the most i've seen him hurt, and he came back Knocked down Corley a few times.

He always comes back and dominates when he's hurt.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 7 2014, 12:05 AM) *
Only times i seen floyd touch the canvas. 1.He took the knee because of his hand injury. 2. Glove touched the canvas vs judah but he came right back. and 3. Glove touched the canvas vs Ricky hatton in round 1 and he came right back... If he wasn't as athletic as we was he would've been CLEARLY knocked down by now but because he hasn't definitely speaks levels to his skills.

Most i've seen mayweather hurt?! 1. The infamous round two vs Mosely, Mosely cracked him nice the first time with the straight right, second time i think he just wasn't fully recovered and didn't see the punch. 2- The fight vs Demarcus Corley, there were many times when Mayweather got CRACKED and just covered up and laid on the ropes and it was in more than 1 round (i think, i havent seen it in awhile), since he was hurt more than once i'd say this fight was the most i've seen him hurt, and he came back Knocked down Corley a few times.

He always comes back and dominates when he's hurt.

Negative.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 7 2014, 01:12 AM) *
Negative.

laugh.gif jovi what was it the gdp the tequila or the Molly laugh.gif
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 6 2014, 04:53 PM) *

Jack

THATS EXACLTY WHAT I SAID... Specially with the way Mosley called out Floyd on the ring.... looked like it was played out.
SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 6 2014, 06:12 PM) *

yeah it was with Castillo... but didnt count then, doesnt count with me, Castillo didn't cause the "knock down"
Dolimite
Floyd's glove touched the canvas and Lamply and Merchant went ape shit because the ref didn't call it a knock down. That was a good fight. The HBO announcers were conflicted because they hated both fighters. I remember Chop Chop checked Floyd's chin and it buckled him. Of course Shane Mosley and Augustus Emmanuel hurt a few times. But his ass never touched the canvas and that's because he is too chicken to fight GGG, Pacman, Lara, and Thurman. He get dropped if he ever did.
MAHDI
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 7 2014, 08:50 AM) *
Floyd's glove touched the canvas and Lamply and Merchant went ape shit because the ref didn't call it a knock down. That was a good fight. The HBO announcers were conflicted because they hated both fighters. I remember Chop Chop checked Floyd's chin and it buckled him. Of course Shane Mosley and Augustus Emmanuel hurt a few times. But his ass never touched the canvas and that's because he is too chicken to fight GGG, Pacman, Lara, and Thurman. He get dropped if he ever did.

Lmao... and you are so sure of that... and the Corley shot was a temple shot the same shot that had Cotto on queer street
Franchize
He took a knee vs Hernandez. You could say Judah knocked him down. He had an off balanced slip vs Hatton.

The most punishment I've seen him take was vs Burton/Augustus (whatever his name was at the time). Shane had that one round of glory then proceeded to get his ass whooped. He got hit a lot vs Cotto because he decided to mix it up with him almost all night for whatever reason. While his face was bloodied, Floyd was also sick before that fight according to many people including him. If you look in the first few rounds, he was slapping away the water from Roger because he couldn't breath through his nose. Rafael was wiping snot away all night. So when Cotto bloodied his nose from those nicely placed jabs he landed, the mucus mixed with the blood made it look even worse.

Chop Chop and Sharmba rocked him which seemed to actually invigorate Floyd somehow because he went apeshit on them afterwards. He also got hit with some flush stuff early vs Chavez. That was the most punches I've seen Floyd throw. He was almost all offense. Chavez landed some stuff on Floyd when he was against the ropes but ultimately, he was too slow and too short and Floyd was landing at will.
mitukczuk
This thread is already at its 3rd page but the other threads that are dealing with some serious shizz barely break the 2 mark. Damn the guy is good...
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 6 2014, 10:01 PM) *
Had that fight in dvr for months ...no trip...Ricky actually hit em wit a good shot ...if he hadn't of stumbled back the way he did Ricky could've did damage on a follow up barrage.

Hell no it wasn't no trip. I say to the ones who believe he "tripped" what Frazier said about Ali in their first fight

"He said he slipped, what he slip on?.....He slipped on that hook"
Dolimite
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 7 2014, 06:28 AM) *
Lmao... and you are so sure of that... and the Corley shot was a temple shot the same shot that had Cotto on queer street

In the fight Corley fight their was a punch he hit Floyd square on the chin and Floyd walked through it, now the temple shot I have to go back and look, but you are probably right because when they interviewed after the fight he was a little woozy.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 7 2014, 06:30 AM) *
He took a knee vs Hernandez. You could say Judah knocked him down. He had an off balanced slip vs Hatton.

The most punishment I've seen him take was vs Burton/Augustus (whatever his name was at the time). Shane had that one round of glory then proceeded to get his ass whooped. He got hit a lot vs Cotto because he decided to mix it up with him almost all night for whatever reason. While his face was bloodied, Floyd was also sick before that fight according to many people including him. If you look in the first few rounds, he was slapping away the water from Roger because he couldn't breath through his nose. Rafael was wiping snot away all night. So when Cotto bloodied his nose from those nicely placed jabs he landed, the mucus mixed with the blood made it look even worse.

Chop Chop and Sharmba rocked him which seemed to actually invigorate Floyd somehow because he went apeshit on them afterwards. He also got hit with some flush stuff early vs Chavez. That was the most punches I've seen Floyd throw. He was almost all offense. Chavez landed some stuff on Floyd when he was against the ropes but ultimately, he was too slow and too short and Floyd was landing at will.

I think Oscar caught him with a good shot. Usually when someone hurts Floyd he becomes an animal. Just like Brother Naz said, he grows a dragon's tail and he goes all out. He fought Chavez in his home state if I am not mistaken, that fight was a little harder then what most expected. It was a good fight either way.
checkleft
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 10:16 AM) *
Hell no it wasn't no trip. I say to the ones who believe he "tripped" what Frazier said about Ali in their first fight

Lmao
pacco_diablo
I personally do not remember Mayweather ever being hurt or hopping up to beat a count. He's the greatest boxer period. Fighter though....?
mrchitown
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Feb 8 2014, 03:00 AM) *
I personally do not remember Mayweather ever being hurt or hopping up to beat a count. He's the greatest boxer period. Fighter though....?

Lmao
mrchitown
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 8 2014, 01:26 AM) *
Lmao

Smokin Joe had some quotables too
Jovi
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 7 2014, 12:12 AM) *
Negative.

Totally right, My bad. He didn't go down but almost did. I thought the glove skimmed the canvas in an effort to brace himself but i be thinking of the judah fight...
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 09:16 AM) *

It was more like a jab that slightly landed but anyone can clearly see Ricky's right leg hit up against Floyd's left leg making him stumble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIWvWjwS6Yo

Go to the 21:06 mark and focus on the legs, in particular look at Ricky's right leg as it clearly knocks hard up against and under Floyd's as Mayweather is moving backwards to avoid the punch (a jab mind you) that is coming that he sees coming and it knocks him off balance. That little tap wasn't hard enough to stammer Floyd.

I think people got too caught up in the crowd, HBO's biased commentary and focusing only upstairs when the real cause happened downstairs.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 8 2014, 04:36 PM) *
It was more like a jab that slightly landed but anyone can clearly see Ricky's right leg hit up against Floyd's left leg making him stumble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIWvWjwS6Yo

Go to the 21:06 mark and focus on the legs, in particular look at Ricky's right leg as it clearly knocks hard up against and under Floyd's as Mayweather is moving backwards to avoid the punch (a jab mind you) that is coming that he sees coming and it knocks him off balance. That little tap wasn't hard enough to stammer Floyd.

I think people got too caught up in the crowd, HBO's biased commentary and focusing only upstairs when the real cause happened downstairs.

I don't know about HBO bias because I attended that fight and I still see a hook land and Floyd stumbling back, I didn't see him trip in the MGM that night I didn't see a trip when I watched it back home on HBO the next week and I still don't see a trip on YouTube. He was hit with a decent shot that sent him back. Even if he allegedly got tangled up with Hatton's leg he wouldn't have gotten tripped if he hadn't of gotten hit. Little taps don't move you backwards. He wasn't hurt but he would've gon down if he wants such a great athlete. That's no slip that's just great timing by Hatton, one of the few moments he had in the fight
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 01:18 AM) *
I don't know about HBO bias because I attended that fight and I still see a hook land and Floyd stumbling back, I didn't see him trip in the MGM that night I didn't see a trip when I watched it back home on HBO the next week and I still don't see a trip on YouTube. He was hit with a decent shot that sent him back. Even if he allegedly got tangled up with Hatton's leg he wouldn't have gotten tripped if he hadn't of gotten hit. Little taps don't move you backwards. He wasn't hurt but he would've gon down if he wants such a great athlete. That's no slip that's just great timing by Hatton, one of the few moments he had in the fight

I have to call you out on this because it appears your stubbornness to admit that you are wrong is getting in the way of your judgment, I pointed out the exact moment when it happens and as long as you are unwilling to admit that you were wrong then you'll never see it. I agree that there was a punch, I did not dispute that but I also acknowledge the fact that you can clearly see Hatton's leg bump into and lift up Floyd's right leg (part of that was from Mayweather going back, the other was avoiding the punch) which caused him to go backwards.

I think the video is clear in depicting exactly what I described but I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree because I believe what my eyes are showing me, not my pride of being right.
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2014, 10:18 AM) *
I have to call you out on this because it appears your stubbornness to admit that you are wrong is getting in the way of your judgment, I pointed out the exact moment when it happens and as long as you are unwilling to admit that you were wrong then you'll never see it. I agree that there was a punch, I did not dispute that but I also acknowledge the fact that you can clearly see Hatton's leg bump into and lift up Floyd's right leg (part of that was from Mayweather going back, the other was avoiding the punch) which caused him to go backwards.

I think the video is clear in depicting exactly what I described but I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree because I believe what my eyes are showing me, not my pride of being right.

OK bruh lol. He slipped in a hook, it's not my pride it's a fact. You see it your way and I see it mine but the truth is obvious...in the future spare me the Dr Phil rant...
Joe Frazier calls you out...."he slipped on that hook"
Cshel86
I think I remember Floyd hitting the deck in the Mosley fight too
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 04:16 PM) *
OK bruh lol. He slipped in a hook, it's not my pride it's a fact. You see it your way and I see it mine but the truth is obvious...in the future spare me the Dr Phil rant...
I love this site laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 9 2014, 06:08 PM) *
I think I remember Floyd hitting the deck in the Mosley fight too

Sarcasm detected.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 03:16 PM) *

Pride is a MFer though, especially when the evidence is clear. lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2014, 05:43 PM) *
Pride is a MFer though, especially when the evidence is clear. lol

Ditto lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 9 2014, 05:22 PM) *
I love this site laugh.gif

Sarcasm detected.

Frazier the goat lol

And Cshel has to step his trolls game up lol
wolterb
QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 6 2014, 08:40 PM) *

I think this was in his fight against Jesus Chavez in 1997, a different Jesus Chavez from the one he fought in 2001 coincidentally.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 07:35 PM) *
Frazier the goat lol

And Cshel has to step his trolls game up lol

Man my troll game is A-1. Lol

Nah, that shit did suck though. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2014, 05:57 PM) *
Man my troll game is A-1. Lol

Nah, that shit did suck though. Lol

laugh.gif
Dolimite
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 10 2014, 04:11 PM) *
I think this was in his fight against Jesus Chavez in 1997, a different Jesus Chavez from the one he fought in 2001 coincidentally.

Wasn't that fight in Grand Rapids? I remember cause the crowd was rowdy.
wolterb
^ I don't think this one was. He's only fought in gr a handful of times and I don't think this was 1. I remember the Ndou was tho, by virtue of both mens' fur laden trunks lol
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 11 2014, 09:21 AM) *
^ I don't think this one was. He's only fought in gr a handful of times and I don't think this was 1. I remember the Ndou was tho, by virtue of both mens' fur laden trunks lol

1 of my favorite Mayweather fights
klonopinz
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2014, 11:18 AM) *

THATS BOXING BRUH. Its called veteran tactics. if you can knock a guy don with a timed punch and send him over your toe, more power to you. What no you cant step on a southpaws shoe either? GTFO here, anything goes. feet are part of boxing, very important part that noob fans dont even pay attention to. IMO that shit is skill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.