Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "one time" thurman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ryustuh
i like keith thurman and think he's got endless potential, but a lot of others don't share this view and bring up his resume for its lack of strong, top-tier opponents. is thurman just another hype job, or do you think he goes far in his career? who would be a good test for him now that would add more value to thurman's name?
AZWildCat
Your kidding me right???
Cshel86
I'll give Thurman more credit for his career (thus far), than the silly shit Berto was doing early in his career...more so the HBO days. Aside from Collazo, and maybe Quitana, Berto was fed bus drivers and janitors.

Keith on the other hand, has been put in with Orlando Lora (whom Paulie and one of the Charlo twins fought), an old Quintana (whom had come off of KO victory over Lattimore on the Mayweather/Cotto card), Zaveck, Chaves, Karass (whom just KO'd Berto)...hmm...me thinks that Berto didn't have these types of fights early in his career.
mrchitown
I wasn't sold on him at first but with each fight he's shown growth and new wrinkles to his game. He's very impressive in the outings that he's had thus far. I don't know if he's a hype job because there isn't much hype around him. But I do agree it's time for him to get in there with the big dogs. I think he's exciting enough and is skilled enough for a big name fight in the welterweight division

And we also have to remember that there was talk even when he was fighting in HBO that it was hard for him to get fights @147 and that he might move up to 154. His resume isn't the strongest this we know this but I'd like to see him in a fight with a Maidana or a Porter. Hell, Guerrero turned him down, that let's you know how his peers view him. It's a lot of fights for him. Let him blast Khan's teeth out, maybe finish off Ortiz. He needs those names to strengthen his resume. But I expect him to be a force to be reckoned with for a long time
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 11:23 PM) *
I wasn't sold on him at first but with each fight he's shown growth and new wrinkles to his game. He's very impressive in the outings that he's had thus far. I don't know if he's a hype job because there isn't much hype around him. But I do agree it's time for him to get in there with the big dogs. I think he's exciting enough and is skilled enough for a big name fight in the welterweight division

And we also have to remember that there was talk even when he was fighting in HBO that it was hard for him to get fights @147 and that he might move up to 154. His resume isn't the strongest this we know this but I'd like to see him in a fight with a Maidana or a Porter. Hell, Guerrero turned him down, that let's you know how his peers view him. It's a lot of fights for him. Let him blast Khan's teeth out, maybe finish off Ortiz. He needs those names to strengthen his resume. But I expect him to be a force to be reckoned with for a long time

I remember this fight was supposed to happen in July 2012, but suddenly, Maidanan's team pulled out and fought Karass a couple of months later. Lol
ryustuh
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 7 2014, 12:14 AM) *
Your kidding me right???

like i said i like what i see in his fights, and i think he's got the goods. he's crafty, he's slick, and he can thump. but look at the guys he's fought. maybe i'm not seeing something, but the only names that mean anything to me are lora, zavek, soto karass, and quintana. they're not exactly A-level. hate to bring up ggg, but it goes along the same lines...of course gennady's in a diff class in terms of how much attention he's gotten recently, but still, if we're skeptical of gennady's resume shouldn't we be wary of thurman's as well? who's to say keith could do more of what he's done against some top level opponents?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 6 2014, 10:26 PM) *
I remember this fight was supposed to happen in July 2012, but suddenly, Maidanan's team pulled out and fought Karass a couple of months later. Lol

Nothing good ever happens from pulling out laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 6 2014, 10:26 PM) *
like i said i like what i see in his fights, and i think he's got the goods. he's crafty, he's slick, and he can thump. but look at the guys he's fought. maybe i'm not seeing something, but the only names that mean anything to me are lora, zavek, soto karass, and quintana. they're not exactly A-level. hate to bring up ggg, but it goes along the same lines...of course gennady's in a diff class in terms of how much attention he's gotten recently, but still, if we're skeptical of gennady's resume shouldn't we be wary of thurman's as well? who's to say keith could do more of what he's done against some top level opponents?

Good point. Until we see more from both in terms of quality opposition and how they handle themselves in those fights, we should be a bit skeptical...i do believe Thurman is a star in the making though. he just needs the big fights to prove it.
Jovi
I didn't really mess with him until his fight vs Deigo Chavez....Watch that fight and it will answer the question to this topic, he proved every exactly why he's where he's at, gotta respect it. Packs a punch, takes a punch, box and move on the go, puts together nice combos, OVERCOMES!

I'm betting on Thurman over alot of the current 147 right now. He just needs his big fights, when the stage gets bigger he shows up.
AZWildCat
Ghost said no maidana said fuck that and collazo said I was in the moment ...its real

The quintana fight was at 154 Chi

BoxingFan86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 11:50 PM) *

Shittin' me laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
Thurman is the real deal... He's got a great amateur resume. His last two pro fights showed me that not only can he bang and scrap, that his ring IQ is very high. He made some outstanding adjustments and showed remarkable patience when he needed to regroup. Besides Mayweather, who beats this guy at 147?? I think he's that good.

This kid is special. He's really grown on me and I hope he continues to do well without compromising his good, down to earth nature, to get fights. Just keep winning and you'll be the next big thing in the lower weights.
mgrover
Dudes a beast, I want to see him fight Paulie, see how he does against a guy that'll box better than him. Since no offense to the recent guys he fought, but there not what you'd call thinkers lol

Also him and Paulie have a thing.
MAHDI
Good talent....He gets wide often with punches when on attack... He has not fought someone who could capitalize on that yet...
Franchize
I think he has a lot of talent and I like his focus. I don't think he's elite or anything and every once in a while he gets tagged with some basic shit that makes me have second thought but I think he's way more than a hype job. I think he should be at 154 though. He kind of reminds me of Quillin in that you see big time talent there but every once in a while he'll have a mental lapse to where you're like "seriously dude?"
ryustuh
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2014, 05:27 AM) *
Dudes a beast, I want to see him fight Paulie, see how he does against a guy that'll box better than him. Since no offense to the recent guys he fought, but there not what you'd call thinkers lol

yea i was thinking the same thing. seems like thurman can handle the boxer punchers, but i'd like to see how he does up against someone as slick as paulie who has a pretty high ring IQ. ironic how both guys were talking mad shit earlier in thurman's career only to have paulie polish one time's asshole throughout the commentary of his recent fights.
ryustuh
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 7 2014, 08:28 AM) *
Good talent....He gets wide often with punches when on attack... He has not fought someone who could capitalize on that yet...

true i see some wild shots coming from thurman at times, but i think he's able to make up for it because of his positioning and his footwork. almost like the dude's got a crude version of the dempsey roll.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2014, 02:27 AM) *

That press conference was hilarious! That would be something. I nice challenge for him and we can see if he can think in the ring. Paulie is a very underrated boxer, the guy is smart.
Cshel86

Ever

laugh.gif

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2014, 05:27 AM) *

Me too! Paulie is no easy lay...guys haven't gotten that through their heads yet. If anything, we'll figure out whether or not Keith can avoid a jab. Lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 6 2014, 11:51 PM) *
Shittin' me laugh.gif

You know it's true. Look what it did to Dolomite. He went from potentially going to one of Mayweather's fights this year to another kid and a forced wedding. It's not a good idea at all laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2014, 10:33 AM) *
Ever

laugh.gif

Me too! Paulie is no easy lay...guys haven't gotten that through their heads yet. If anything, we'll figure out whether or not Keith can avoid a jab. Lol

Agreed lol

The buildup to the fight between Malinaggi and Thurman would be great. That's a main event fight right there but if it was put on a PPV I think it adds some serious value to any card it's on
klonopinz
paulie will get stopped i the way broner was supposed to stop him if he fights thurman. thurman is becoming a complete fighter.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 05:30 PM) *
You know it's true. Look what it did to Dolomite. He went from potentially going to one of Mayweather's fights this year to another kid and a forced wedding. It's not a good idea at all laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I don't know man, D is talking ordering 2-3 PPVs this year...that's 1 more than he was willing ot pay for last year! He can buy PPVs for the next 10 years straight...with all of the money that he's about to put up for this forced wedding. Lol

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 05:33 PM) *
Agreed lol

The buildup to the fight between Malinaggi and Thurman would be great. That's a main event fight right there but if it was put on a PPV I think it adds some serious value to any card it's on

Yes it would be great! We'd be entertained by Paulie's sophisticated trash talk, and spend the rest of that time trying to interpret what Thurman is saying!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2014, 06:29 PM) *
laugh.gif

I don't know man, D is talking ordering 2-3 PPVs this year...that's 1 more than he was willing ot pay for last year! He can buy PPVs for the next 10 years straight...with all of the money that he's about to put up for this forced wedding. Lol

Yes it would be great! We'd be entertained by Paulie's sophisticated trash talk, and spend the rest of that time trying to interpret what Thurman is saying!

Man wait til she see that bill, will see how many he gets this year lol. I expect him to be getting hit with strollers and binky's sometime in the near future lmao

Man I'm doing fight parties. I ain't paying for all those stuff. I'm doing the Martin Payne, it's nothing personal just business. And keep your damn shoes on in my house lol. I used to have fight parties at this bowling alley in downtown Chicago but I don't think a Mayweather-Khan fight would do well for my pockets so I may just keep it in house and charge $10 per person

Call me crazy but Paulie has a legitimate shot to win against Keith. His jab is awesome and yeah we know he doesn't have power but he puts his punches together very well and if he can somehow keep Thurman from getting in rhythm then things will get interesting...damn I want to see this fight now. a loud boisterous Italian and a black dude braided up with a list like Jim Carrey in the cable guy, sign me up lol
bnoles4life

Paul George would call bullshit on that one, right about now.
bnoles4life
Man....where's daprofessor???
AZWildCat
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 7 2014, 10:34 PM) *

laugh.gif that 9 Milli abortion offer laugh.gif
mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 7 2014, 09:34 PM) *

Oh I heard about what he did, damn fool

mrchitown
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 7 2014, 09:35 PM) *

Somewhere admiring Zou Shiming and Vasyl Lomanchenko, all the while cuddling up at night with his boo, Orlando Cruz
Jovi
I been pulling for Thurman vs Malinaggi. I think its the perfect time. It would be a good fight, but as much as i like paulie, i don't see it ending well for him. Thurman is much more versatile than broner.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 02:30 PM) *

Pull out fellas, save yourself and just do it. Man, I was suppose to be living it up in Vegas in May, oh well, sad!

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2014, 04:29 PM) *
laugh.gif

I don't know man, D is talking ordering 2-3 PPVs this year...that's 1 more than he was willing ot pay for last year! He can buy PPVs for the next 10 years straight...with all of the [b]money that he's about to put up for this forced wedding. Lol
[/b]

I am buying four just to spite her! And we are getting married in Malibu. Do you know how expensive that is? And she wants to release fucking doves! I don't even like birds!

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 05:11 PM) *
Man wait til she see that bill, will see how many he gets this year lol. I expect him to be getting hit with strollers and binky's sometime in the near future lmao

Man I'm doing fight parties. I ain't paying for all those stuff. I'm doing the Martin Payne, it's nothing personal just business. And keep your damn shoes on in my house lol. I used to have fight parties at this bowling alley in downtown Chicago but I don't think a Mayweather-Khan fight would do well for my pockets so I may just keep it in house and charge $10 per person

Call me crazy but Paulie has a legitimate shot to win against Keith. His jab is awesome and yeah we know he doesn't have power but he puts his punches together very well and if he can somehow keep Thurman from getting in rhythm then things will get interesting...damn I want to see this fight now. a loud boisterous Italian and a black dude braided up with a list like Jim Carrey in the cable guy, sign me up lol

She don't pay for shit! She puts gas in her car and that's it.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 7 2014, 07:34 PM) *

She can get up to a million a year in child support. not happening. I wonder if the fucking he did was worth the fucking he about to incur!

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 08:28 PM) *
Somewhere admiring Zou Shiming and Vasyl Lomanchenko, all the while cuddling up at night with his boo, Orlando Cruz

*ducks down* Chi just fired shots!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 8 2014, 03:29 PM) *
Pull out fellas, save yourself and just do it. Man, I was suppose to be living it up in Vegas in May, oh well, sad!

I am buying four just to spite her! And we are getting married in Malibu. Do you know how expensive that is? And she wants to release fucking doves! I don't even like birds!

She can get up to a million a year in child support. not happening. I wonder if the fucking he did was worth the fucking he about to incur!

*ducks down* Chi just fired shots!

She don't pay? Man you better then me, she'd be putting half on them bills or be sleeping in the garage.

Professor will be back soon enough with his old barbershop wisdom. He used to post a lot until somebody blocked the site at his gig. I don't know how he deals with that shit. Probably some hater of boxing
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 8 2014, 11:11 PM) *
She don't pay? Man you better then me, she'd be putting half on them bills or be sleeping in the garage.

Professor will be back soon enough with his old barbershop wisdom. He used to post a lot until somebody blocked the site at his gig. I don't know how he deals with that shit. Probably some hater of boxing

She use to but she got comfortable. And this, she actually wants me to pay for a house keeper. Hahaha.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 08:51 AM) *
She use to but she got comfortable. And this, she actually wants me to pay for a house keeper. Hahaha.

A housekeeper for what?
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 01:12 PM) *
A housekeeper for what?

To clean my house. She is fucking crazy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 08:11 PM) *

It's already in the works...D is about to be holding up liquors stores, if he don't play his cards right. laugh.gif

How much did they charge you to hold fight parties at the bowling alley? Was it like some private room type stuff? It actually sounds like a cool idea too. The folks that always come over my spot for fights, will look at me crazy if I charged them...I should've done that from jump though. Lol

And yes, Paulie has the experience and the skill to beat Keith. I mean shit, if you have no power and wanna stick around the sport for a while (as he's done), then his only option is use his boxing skills to a tee. Paulie's style can irritate the hell outta somebody, because he sticks to the game plan and sticks that jab in your face all night long.

Keith may wanna leave that fight alone for a while...it may end up raising more questions, than answering them.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 7 2014, 10:35 PM) *

Probably training DMX for that Zimmerman fight...or was training him, rather.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 8 2014, 04:29 PM) *

Pull out?! How about "wrap it up"?! You should be preaching that sermon, Deacon Dolimite. Lol

My girlfriend finds so much interest in telling me when her cycle is supposed to come on...like I give a shit. Condoms all day long over here...I'm trying to save $10k this year...can't do that with a whining little Cshel Jr. crying and wanting his ass wiped every half hour. Lol

I had that finance talk with her last week...I cant do that jacked up money business...love aint enough to make me overlook it. Women tend to lose it when that ring slides on their finger...oops...I meant rings with an "s". Next thing you know, you';; send her to the store for some milk, and she'll come back with a new car. Smh

Like I said, I'm saving at least $10k this year...gonna do the same next year. I put my student loans in forbearance...fuck Sallie Mae...Cshel needs a nice savings account.The way these chicks work, they get mad, run amok (jack up your credit and finances, drive you batshit crazy) then leave you with nothing. Trust me, even the smallest things make me look at the big picture nowadays.

My ex girlfriend decided that she wanted out, and what does she do? She takes the Wii system that we went half on...like that shit was gonna hurt me. Truthfully though....a brotha was salty as hell about that Wii. Thing is, its probably at her spot collecting dust. I told my current girlfriend that I was looking for a Wii (a few months ago) and she got PISSED because I bought my self one before Christmas. She made a fuss saying that she was gonna buy it for me first...no ma, been there, done that. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 09:51 AM) *

Whaaaat???

Get outta here man, a house keeper? WTF for??? Sounds like you have your hands full over there. I actually enjoy cleaning up my spot, whenever I have a nice block of time to do clean it good. If I ever hire a house keeper, she's gonna KEEP this house up...that includes cooking, cleaning, walking/feeding these maniac ass dogs that I have, and wiping my ass. If she does all of these things well, then I'll leave my woman and marry HER ass! laugh.gif
ryustuh
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 9 2014, 05:39 PM) *
Women tend to lose it when that ring slides on their finger...oops...I meant rings with an "s". Next thing you know, you';; send her to the store for some milk, and she'll come back with a new car. Smh

if a dude proposes, spends his life savings on a ring, then decides to call of the engagement cuz the girl starts acting up, is it wrong for him to ask for the ring back so he can try to pawn it for a little extra cash? not saying this is me...lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 9 2014, 05:47 PM) *
if a dude proposes, spends his life savings on a ring, then decides to call of the engagement cuz the girl starts acting up, is it wrong for him to ask for the ring back so he can try to pawn it for a little extra cash? not saying this is me...lol

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with asking for it back. Now, if you've bought her clothes, shoes, purses, etc...then its a bit tacky to ask for it back, maybe. The engagement ring was bought for a purpose...as a statement that you intend on marrying her. If the shit falls through, then she needs to give it back.

I've heard women laugh and brag, as if it was some type of victory to NOT give the ring back. I mean damn, yall aren't getting married...so what's the point of keeping the ring? Is she gonna wear it when she meets the next loser or somethin? Im confused.

I'm not even sure how the ring buying process goes...but I'll either buy an inexpensive one, or buy a nice one and get a looooong payment plan on it...like $12 monthly, for 10 years. laugh.gif

Do they repo rings, or nah???
ryustuh
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 9 2014, 05:53 PM) *
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with asking for it back. Now, if you've bought her clothes, shoes, purses, etc...then its a bit tacky to ask for it back, maybe. The engagement ring was bought for a purpose...as a statement that you intend on marrying her. If the shit falls through, then she needs to give it back.

I've heard women laugh and brag, as if it was some type of victory to NOT give the ring back. I mean damn, yall aren't getting married...so what's the point of keeping the ring? Is she gonna wear it when she meets the next loser or somethin? Im confused.

I'm not even sure how the ring buying process goes...but I'll either buy an inexpensive one, or buy a nice one and get a looooong payment plan on it...like $12 monthly, for 10 years. laugh.gif

Do they repo rings, or nah???

man idk shit's all new to me too. i remember when i was picking one out, i started sweatin like crazy once the jeweler started putting the tab together. literally, it felt like someone turned the thermostat up 20 degrees. you gotta get the band, the mounting, the right cut diamond, the right carat fuck it was such a headache...but you're right dude, once they get it on their finger a switch goes off and suddenly its not the same girl u met the first time.

i see a lot of the guys here got their own share of problems LMAO
BoxingFan86
I used to think Thurman was a hype job, but not anymore. As his career has progressed, he's matured and he's shown a lot of improvement.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 9 2014, 03:16 PM) *
It's already in the works...D is about to be holding up liquors stores, if he don't play his cards right. laugh.gif

or dip into my retirement, which I am not doing. I gave her a limit and that what it is.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 9 2014, 03:39 PM) *
Pull out?! How about "wrap it up"?! You should be preaching that sermon, Deacon Dolimite. Lol

My girlfriend finds so much interest in telling me when her cycle is supposed to come on...like I give a shit. Condoms all day long over here...I'm trying to save $10k this year...can't do that with a whining little Cshel Jr. crying and wanting his ass wiped every half hour. Lol

I had that finance talk with her last week...I cant do that jacked up money business...love aint enough to make me overlook it. Women tend to lose it when that ring slides on their finger...oops...I meant rings with an "s". Next thing you know, you';; send her to the store for some milk, and she'll come back with a new car. Smh

Like I said, I'm saving at least $10k this year...gonna do the same next year. I put my student loans in forbearance...fuck Sallie Mae...Cshel needs a nice savings account.The way these chicks work, they get mad, run amok (jack up your credit and finances, drive you batshit crazy) then leave you with nothing. Trust me, even the smallest things make me look at the big picture nowadays.

My ex girlfriend decided that she wanted out, and what does she do? She takes the Wii system that we went half on...like that shit was gonna hurt me. Truthfully though....a brotha was salty as hell about that Wii. Thing is, its probably at her spot collecting dust. I told my current girlfriend that I was looking for a Wii (a few months ago) and she got PISSED because I bought my self one before Christmas. She made a fuss saying that she was gonna buy it for me first...no ma, been there, done that. laugh.gif

Whaaaat???

Get outta here man, a house keeper? WTF for??? Sounds like you have your hands full over there. I actually enjoy cleaning up my spot, whenever I have a nice block of time to do clean it good. If I ever hire a house keeper, she's gonna KEEP this house up...that includes cooking, cleaning, walking/feeding these maniac ass dogs that I have, and wiping my ass.
If she does all of these things well, then I'll leave my woman and marry HER ass! laugh.gif

1st bold: They won't let me be a deacon in my church! lol

2nd Bold: I told her she needs her head checked. We clean on Saturdays and if 3 year old can clean his fucking room, she can clean her closet, put dishes in the dishwasher and mop my damn floors. These chics thinks cats out here are fucking genie! Just cause they cute they think they can get away with shit. ugly dames are appreciative!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.