Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward disputes Khan's claim of taking his shots in sparing.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
leonthegee
Accourding to Ward these two have never spared against each other. Khans reeks of desperation.

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-disp...is-shots--74474

Personally as a fan of Floyd I dont care who he fights. I just want to see greatness while greatness still exist in boxing. It could be years before we see this kind of talent come up in the ranks. But back to the topic I never thought Khan would land the Floyd fight. Pulling out of the Alexander negotiations took him out of the running in my book.
mgrover
Whether he could or he couldn't hes been taking Angulos shots just fine supposedly. Also Ward would make for some very good sparring in prep for Mayweather, sure hes quite big, but its the skill that matters
BigDDatHomey
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 8 2014, 08:45 AM) *
Whether he could or he couldn't hes been taking Angulos shots just fine supposedly. Also Ward would make for some very good sparring in prep for Mayweather, sure hes quite big, but its the skill that matters

I would hope and have to assume He sees Angulos shots coming from a mile away...those aren't the ones that hurt. Khan fights his best after he's hurt.
KOpower
Khan has been in there with some heavy hitters and not gone down. He stood up against Maidana, Peterson, and Judah without going down. He also took Danny Garcia's shots very well until that crazy neck shot completely took him out. Prescott just flattened him. He took a FLUSH shot right on the chin. The Diaz fight is what would worry me if I was Khan. There is no reason for him to be hurt by Diaz.

I will say that BOTH of these guys (Khan and Ward) are annoying. Khan should have fought this past fall/winter. There is no reason to pass on the fight with Alexander. Ward needs to actually get busy in the ring and stop crying about the media and his promoter. He has fought once over the last 18 months and that was against a C-level fighter and there is nothing on the horizon for him, either.
Plah
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Feb 8 2014, 09:23 AM) *
I would hope and have to assume He sees Angulos shots coming from a mile away...those aren't the ones that hurt. Khan fights his best after he's hurt.

huh?
AZWildCat
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 8 2014, 09:36 AM) *
Accourding to Ward these two have never spared against each other. Khans reeks of desperation.

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Feb 8 2014, 10:23 AM) *
Khan fights his best after he's hurt.

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 8 2014, 10:44 AM) *
The Diaz fight is what would worry me if I was Khan. There is no reason for him to be hurt by Diaz.

Ward needs to actually get busy in the ring and stop crying about the media and his promoter. He has fought once over the last 18 months and that was against a C-level fighter and there is nothing on the horizon for him, either.

ryustuh
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 8 2014, 09:44 AM) *
I will say that BOTH of these guys (Khan and Ward) are annoying. Khan should have fought this past fall/winter. There is no reason to pass on the fight with Alexander. Ward needs to actually get busy in the ring and stop crying about the media and his promoter. He has fought once over the last 18 months and that was against a C-level fighter and there is nothing on the horizon for him, either.

maybe cuz it has somethin to do with andre practically wiping out the entire division. what slim pickings are left (chavez jr, groves) have made little effort to show they want that fight. he told ggg to print up a contract, then you got abel sanchez saying they want everyone at 160 first and ward isn't on their radar yet. his opponents have put him in a situation where he's sitting on his hands and can't do much, but wait. can't force anyone to fight if they dont want to.

IMO, he needs to consider moving up to LHW.
Dolimite
If you ain't lying you ain't trying. If he does land the fight, I can take pleasure of seeing him get his ass kicked.
KOpower
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 8 2014, 10:41 AM) *
maybe cuz it has somethin to do with andre practically wiping out the entire division. what slim pickings are left (chavez jr, groves) have made little effort to show they want that fight. he told ggg to print up a contract, then you got abel sanchez saying they want everyone at 160 first and ward isn't on their radar yet. his opponents have put him in a situation where he's sitting on his hands and can't do much, but wait. can't force anyone to fight if they dont want to.

IMO, he needs to consider moving up to LHW.

Then stay active or move up. Don't cry about your promoter and go on the shelf. Keep your name on HBO, collect a paycheck, and look impressive. Eventually something will fall your way. I am not saying he has to move up, but don't become inactive waiting for guys like JCCJR. Ward should have NEVER become so inactive. Most of his key wins were on Showtime in front of a small audience. He needs to create more of a demand for his fights and if you can't get a really good opponent then do what GGG has been doing and just stay active. Let HBO announcers like Lampley and Max hype you up in 3 2013 fights instead of 1. Ward should have fought once through February this year, but not only has he not fought, there is almost nothing being mentioned. You won't create interest and buzz doing what he is doing.

mrchitown
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 8 2014, 07:36 AM) *

Personally as a fan of Floyd I dont care who he fights. I just want to see greatness while greatness still exist in boxing. It could be years before we see this kind of talent come up in the ranks. But back to the topic I never thought Khan would land the Floyd fight. Pulling out of the Alexander negotiations took him out of the running in my book.

Khan lying ass, I bet he didn't spar Angulo either.

Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 8 2014, 11:08 PM) *

The funny part is, fans are pissed at Ward for not backing Khan. What world do we live in? They start calling him pillow fist and a biter dude. I was like what.
ryustuh
i know they train together sometimes at king's in oakland...never seen them spar. lol gonna be interesting to see how they treat each other after this.
mgrover
virgil cleared it up, supposefly Khan sparred with Wards sparring partner
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 9 2014, 10:08 AM) *
virgil cleared it up, supposefly Khan sparred with Wards sparring partner

But he still lied.
Franchize
Correct me if I'm wrong but sparring typically involves head gear...correct?

Anyone get where I'm going with this?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 08:56 AM) *
The funny part is, fans are pissed at Ward for not backing Khan. What world do we live in? They start calling him pillow fist and a biter dude. I was like what.

Amir is reaching so bad for this fight. Ward getting a lot of heat, it's like everything he says lately he gets bad.tresmtment from the fans lately
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 01:14 PM) *
Amir is reaching so bad for this fight. Ward getting a lot of heat, it's like everything he says lately he gets bad.tresmtment from the fans lately

This is the ridiculousness of sport fans. They are shitting on Ward for telling the truth. Hunter cleared ut up and said Amir sparred with one of Ward's sparring partners. Ward is too Good for his own good. I think GGG fans see him as Glovkin's down fall.
AZWildCat
If I was Ward I would've did the same ...fuck you mean you've taken my best shots!??!! Do they not understand what that means about Ward!!!???! All these Katz south of 154 hit harder than me???? Khan was dead ass wrong for that shit and should be apologizing to Ward for throwing him under the bus. Shit was uncalled for and highly unprofessional!
ryustuh
dre should actually spar amir now just to settle the score.
Cshel86
Khan's head has been "went upside" so many times, that he doesn't remember who he's sparred. Lol
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 07:08 AM) *

Nah Angulo admitted to it in some video
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 9 2014, 05:49 PM) *
Nah Angulo admitted to it in some video

What video?
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 03:58 PM) *
This is the ridiculousness of sport fans. They are shitting on Ward for telling the truth. Hunter cleared ut up and said Amir sparred with one of Ward's sparring partners. Ward is too Good for his own good. I think GGG fans see him as Glovkin's down fall.

I think Ward would remember if he sparred Khan, I can't be too upset with Khan though. He's trying to get the biggest fight of his career, he's going to do and say anything to get it, but he clearly delusion in this situation.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 04:58 PM) *

dont like saying it, but gennady's fan club is starting to sound a lot like pac's in the sense that they've become delusional and dont listen to the facts. many saying ward is ducking ggg, and if the two would ever fight, ggg would have no problem taking the W.
Dolimite
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 9 2014, 04:30 PM) *
dont like saying it, but gennady's fan club is starting to sound a lot like pac's in the sense that they've become delusional and dont listen to the facts. many saying ward is ducking ggg, and if the two would ever fight, ggg would have no problem taking the W.

GGG fans they are getting ridiculous. They think he is the second coming of fucking Duran. With his power in all. Until he fights someone worth a damn, jury is still out.
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 9 2014, 06:30 PM) *

Lara just called him out, let's see what happens
ryustuh
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 08:42 PM) *

yea jus caught this. props to him, but shit his manager shouldnt be saying they can move up to meet gennady at a catchweight. bring that dude down to 154, lara's gonna need all the advantages he can get.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 09:42 PM) *

Lara been calling everybody out!

Booboo didn't want none!

He got an easy list and a hit list and andrde on the easy list
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 9 2014, 08:39 PM) *
Lara been calling everybody out!

Booboo didn't want none!

He got an easy list and a hit list and andrde on the easy list

Andrade? I been knowing that kid since 06, he's no slouch. I think Demetrius' people trying to get him in there with Kirkland.....him and Lara would be a good fight. both have lapses in focus at times that make them vulnerable
mrchitown
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 9 2014, 08:26 PM) *
yea jus caught this. props to him, but shit his manager shouldnt be saying they can move up to meet gennady at a catchweight. bring that dude down to 154, lara's gonna need all the advantages he can get.

His management just displaying the confidence they have in their fighter but yeah, I wouldn't be beating my chest that hard. I would want every advantage possible. Still at 154 or 160 it'll be a good fight
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 10 2014, 12:19 AM) *
What video?

SylentKnghtz
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 08:56 AM) *

Its not even fans, its non boxing knowing khan "cheerleaders"
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 9 2014, 02:21 PM) *

I'm tracking, Franchize. Kinda shoots holes in the "I took his shots" proclamation, huh?
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 10 2014, 02:54 AM) *

I'd like to spar with the chick interviewing Angulo

I saw some pics of Angulo and Khan sparring today over in boxing scene. I guess that makes him a half liar but a liar nonetheless
mrchitown
The big trouble with Khan in addition to his self whoring for the fight with Mayweather is the fact that he has not grown at all mentally. Virgil Hunter is a guy who knows the in, outs of boxing and he's said it on numerous occasions...Khan has to put it all together mentally and dedicate himself to improving

He's making his case for the fight all the while doing the things that turn people off to him. He has an excuse for every loss he's ever had, now we're hearing it's the weight and he's allegedly took shots from this boxer, even though your sparring with headgear on...and more then likely they're not going all out

He did the same thing with Roach, he doesn't hold himself accountable. Instead he sidesteps responsibility and blames it on other things. There isn't one loss he's had that he's accepted responsibility for. He downs a fighter who he refused to give a rematch to and who'd probably flat line him if they fought today. Khan doesn't have the mental makeup to be an elite fighter. Amir is like Berto in the sense that Virgil has to rebuild these two from the ground up. He has to work on the mentality of Amir, he's mentally weak and I think the fight is over before it even started. Mayweather just mind fucked him
mgrover
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 10 2014, 09:56 PM) *

I saw some pics of Angulo and Khan sparring today over in boxing scene. I guess that makes him a half liar but a liar nonetheless

I'd like to see it, think of it like this, Angulo fucks up Rosado, yet GGG couldn't put him down (I think) so it's a good measurement, but Franchize said it best, headguards and shit.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 10 2014, 04:13 PM) *
I'd like to see it, think of it like this, Angulo fucks up Rosado, yet GGG couldn't put him down (I think) so it's a good measurement, but Franchize said it best, headguards and shit.

I agree...maybe some video will surface. Still the headgear factor does come into play somewhat. Khan was just stating his case for the fight, but I think he made a mistake in speaking out in the manner he did. He made himself look weak
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 9 2014, 02:21 PM) *

What did I tell you about making sense around here??? Shame on you! Consider yourself banned sir.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 10 2014, 04:56 PM) *

I'd be sparrin'...dat ass! Lol

#creep
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2014, 06:01 PM) *
What did I tell you about making sense around here??? Shame on you! Consider yourself banned sir.

I'd be sparrin'...dat ass! Lol

#creep

If your a creep then I'm a perv, because I'd be facing charges after I'm done with her...now I have to remember to log out so my girl doesn't pull this up later lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 10 2014, 10:06 PM) *
If your a creep then I'm a perv, because I'd be facing charges after I'm done with her...now I have to remember to log out so my girl doesn't pull this up later lol

The paper trail has been set my friend...I'm surprised that my girlfriend doesn't lurk around here as a guest. Last time she was around during a fight, was during GGG/Stevens. She sat up and looked at the screen for a sec, laid back on the couch and fell asleep...pretty sure she took a mental note and went to sleep. Lol
wolterb
Just an update, Virgil Hunter clarified for Khan. He didn't spar Andre, he sparred one of Andre's sparring partners. A minor distinction wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.