Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arum compares Floyd to Hitler.... Sad day
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Dolimite
http://www.boxingscene.com/arums-compariso...xed-feel--74459

What pisses me off is no one even questioned Arum about this or even did a follow up response, now had Floyd said any thing like that it would be hell. This is out of hand and fans eat this shit up.
mgrover
I don't think that even merits a response anymore. While sure Mayweathers recently been acting as a "bully" with Pac with the pictures and what not. Am pretty sure that's boxing.
leonthegee
Floyds not in any hurry to bail Manny out of his tax issues nor should he. Manny turned down Floyds offer when at the time nobody was offering up 40 mil guaranteed. So if I was Floyd Id let that fool starve.
klonopinz
dont waste time making another thread about floyd. im sick of it.
Jovi
At this point you can just tell that Top Rank uses Mayweather's name for Promotion! this shit has gotten crazy... Now i understand why he doesn't want to hear any pacquiao questions.

You see how much they say "Mayweather vs Pacquiao" on espn, in the last week i've heard it more than i have in the last few months.

The more it happens the more stupid Manny and TR look, Manny said "our phones are open"..? YOU F'ing FOOL! Mayweather BEEN called and BEEN offered you a fight, now you talking about fighting for free when before the money meant so much?!

I know they say mayweather is walking contradiction but he's in second place and must've learned the bad habit by these fuus at Top Rape.

Even I'm sick of hearing Mayweather vs Pacquiao, ESPECIALLY when both fighters are already fighting different opponents.
ryustuh
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 8 2014, 12:44 PM) *

What pisses me off is no one even questioned Arum about this or even did a follow up response, now had Floyd said any thing like that it would be hell. This is out of hand and fans eat this shit up.

whats treacherous is pac fans are already trying to justify what arum said. so far i've heard "yea you have to admit floyd has been a little 'hitlerish' in his negotiations with manny" and "arum was spot on with this comment i dont get why everyone's so shocked" among other things.

no one seems to understand the severity of what he said...this is a SPORT...hitler was responsible for possibly the worst genocide in history. how do you even equate the two?
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 8 2014, 10:49 AM) *
I don't think that even merits a response anymore. While sure Mayweathers recently been acting as a "bully" with Pac with the pictures and what not. Am pretty sure that's boxing.

The thing is, it was all in line with boxing, even in good taste, some of the shit was funny. When Manny was saying Floyd is scared of him people ere loving it, if Manny wants to throw bricks he has to be willing to take some.

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 8 2014, 11:21 AM) *

Then don't read it. This has nothing to do with Floyd asshole, but everything to do with WHAT ARUM said. It was disrespectful comment and a comment that has nothing to do with the bullshit between he and whoever concerning this fight. A fight that will not happen. People lost families, fortunes, land, self respect, countries were torn a part and bankrupt and many other things.

For the record, Manny is no Winston Churchill, more like Roosevelt, who wanted no part of the war.
TheCritics
this is such an absolute softball/grandslam for Mayweather if he takes his time and responds with a calculated thought out missive that brings light to Arum, the boxing scribes and the fans who allow such rhetoric... do it ESPN primetime and show Arum for who he truly is
KOpower
Arum is terrible for boxing and I wish he would just go away. This is boxing though and people say dumb stuff. Arum is Jewish so he won't get killed for saying this. I don't think there is anyone in the world that thinks he is saying Floyd is as bad as Hitler overall...just that their media tactics are similar.
BrutUalBK
All this is simply is what it usually is; Arum doing the same ol hype job waiting until Manny has a fight deal already signed and then start mentioning Floyd's name to keep Pacquiao relevant with the public.

Arum knows that without Floyd that hardly anyone cares about seeing Pacquiao all that much these days, his PPV numbers clearly show that much.
Cshel86
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 8 2014, 11:44 AM) *

Calm down Dolomite we all know you love Floyd but stop being biased. Plenty of media outlets, including ESPN has let it be known that they find Arum's remarks to be despicable

Now I've seen some of the dumbest comments on the Internet about it. Some people are trying to spin it and take the sting off of it and some are going the racist route as usual. And then you have others who speak out on it. It's really been a mixed reaction on the comment.

Me personally I found it to be very insulting and it shows that even at 83yrs old, Arum has no class. This isn't the first time he's made a comparison between Mayweather Jr and Hitler, he did it in 2012 if I'm not mistaken. He's an idiot who doesn't see the big picture. For all his accomplishments in boxing he's not really a great promoter, King was always better then him and Schaefer is better then him too. He's weak and when a person makes remarks like this it's out of fear.

You have to remember this is the same dude who called the MMA fan base a bunch of skinheads. He's a poor example of a human being. This is why Mayweather doesn't work with him, those wounds run too deep. What he said was out of line but we all have souls and when he looks into the mirror at night and sees a himself I'd be shocked if he actually liked what he sees
mgrover
Maybe Arum is just a class A racist, I mean he is 80 something lol, comes from a different Era so to speak.
MAHDI
IF A BLACK MAN even lets the name HITLER COME to his lips he would be raked over the COALS.... Arum is a slick Yehudi.. lol .. I am sure he has relatives who are part of the Zionist controlled media - he can say and do whatever he wants Lmao
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 8 2014, 07:37 PM) *

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 8 2014, 11:44 PM) *
Calm down Dolomite we all know you love Floyd but stop being biased. Plenty of media outlets, including ESPN has let it be known that they find Arum's remarks to be despicable

Now I've seen some of the dumbest comments on the Internet about it. Some people are trying to spin it and take the sting off of it and some are going the racist route as usual. And then you have others who speak out on it. It's really been a mixed reaction on the comment.

Me personally I found it to be very insulting and it shows that even at 83yrs old, Arum has no class. This isn't the first time he's made a comparison between Mayweather Jr and Hitler, he did it in 2012 if I'm not mistaken. He's an idiot who doesn't see the big picture. For all his accomplishments in boxing he's not really a great promoter, King was always better then him and Schaefer is better then him too. He's weak and when a person makes remarks like this it's out of fear.

You have to remember this is the same dude who called the MMA fan base a bunch of skinheads. He's a poor example of a human being. This is why Mayweather doesn't work with him, those wounds run too deep. What he said was out of line but we all have souls and when he looks into the mirror at night and sees a himself I'd be shocked if he actually liked what he sees

This thread is not about Floyd, it is about what Arum said. If he said this about any other boxer I would of spoken on it. What I don't like is no one says anything. The dude who gave the interview didn't even challenge him. It's like the senator who said nothing to a woman who said the president should be executed. When language like this becomes the norm, than we are in trouble. This was a classless statement and for a man to be head of a company who represents all nationalities should be a little more sensitive. The reason why Adolf was able to do what he did, because people didn't stand up to him. If we as a society let comments like this be the norm, then we lost. I am bugging about this is because my great dadwas lynched in Arkansas, as the story goes, no one did anything to stop it. They were upset that an innocent man died but they say fuck it. So when dumb ass fans start calling Floyd Hitler cause of Arum and shit gets ugly, I told you so. References like this do not belong in sports or society.
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 08:46 AM) *
This thread is not about Floyd, it is about what Arum said. If he said this about any other boxer I would of spoken on it. What I don't like is no one says anything. The dude who gave the interview didn't even challenge him. It's like the senator who said nothing to a woman who said the president should be executed. When language like this becomes the norm, than we are in trouble. This was a classless statement and for a man to be head of a company who represents all nationalities should be a little more sensitive. The reason why Adolf was able to do what he did, because people didn't stand up to him. If we as a society let comments like this be the norm, then we lost. I am bugging about this is because my great dadwas lynched in Arkansas, as the story goes, no one did anything to stop it. They were upset that an innocent man died but they say fuck it. So when dumb ass fans start calling Floyd Hitler cause of Arum and shit gets ugly, I told you so. References like this do not belong in sports or society.

Not to mention that anything Arum says negatively about someone is the pot calling the kettle black, Robfather readily rapes his star pupils on their contracts taking a ridiculous 27%. If I was Floyd I retort that statement by making ROB Arum the equivalent of a Rapist, using the analogy and vernacular that sums up how he takes whatever he wants from his clientele.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2014, 08:13 AM) *
Not to mention that anything Arum says negatively about someone is the pot calling the kettle black, Robfather readily rapes his star pupils on their contracts taking a ridiculous 27%. If I was Floyd I retort that statement by making ROB Arum the equivalent of a Rapist, using the analogy and vernacular that sums up how he takes whatever he wants from his clientele.

it is a lose lose situation. why waste the time.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 8 2014, 10:37 PM) *

haha.gif I see what u did there lol
bnoles4life
Ironically, "Mayweather=Hitler" for Arum, is pretty much the equivalent to "slave wages=Arum/HBO contract" was to Floyd.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 08:46 AM) *

You probably wouldn't of made this thread if Floyd's name wasn't mentioned. And gtfo your feelings work because you clearly aren't looking at all the media outlets because there are many who have went on the offensive against Arum

True it was classless but this guy has said some of the most outlandish things in history of sports culture. He's a fool and it's unfortunate that people take him seriously and those who are defending his rhetoric are racists themselves. If you feel so strongly about it don't comment on a forum, since you want to stand up to him and this shit, maybe start a petition or something. That kind of speech has no place in the world period.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 01:08 PM) *
You probably wouldn't of made this thread if Floyd's name wasn't mentioned. And gtfo your feelings work because you clearly aren't looking at all the media outlets because there are many who have went on the offensive against Arum

True it was classless but this guy has said some of the most outlandish things in history of sports culture. He's a fool and it's unfortunate that people take him seriously and those who are defending his rhetoric are racists themselves. If you feel so strongly about it don't comment on a forum, since you want to stand up to him and this shit, maybe start a petition or something. That kind of speech has no place in the world period.

Dude don't tell me what I would of done when i just stated that of would made of thread if he said that about anyone. And what does that have to di witg anything? I just checked espn aol yahoo and nothing was said. CBS sports doesn't have anything either. AGAIN this thread is not about Floyd it is about what Arum said.

Main stream hasn't touched this. This is the same media who tore a new asshole in Andrian Broner for being a clown.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 9 2014, 02:22 PM) *
haha.gif I see what u did there lol

laugh.gif

I'm such an asshole...a voluntary asshole, rather.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 03:53 PM) *
Dude don't tell me what I would of done when i just stated that of would made of thread if he said that about anyone. And what does that have to di witg anything? I just checked espn aol yahoo and nothing was said. CBS sports doesn't have anything either. AGAIN this thread is not about Floyd it is about what Arum said.

Main stream hasn't touched this. This is the same media who tore a new asshole in Andrian Broner for being a clown.

You expect ESPN which is Rafael and Yahoo which is Iole to say something about the guy they dick ride? You should've known better then that. Boxing isn't a big sport, that's why bit don't get covered and I think that fact is why it didn't get pushed. But we see my man Marcus Smart situation getting broadcast everywhere. It's all about the headlines

You clearly didn't watch ESPN where the guy in studio was visibly upset by the remark, you clearly aren't on social media where many athletes from boxing and other sports and.fans and even promoters in boxing like Lou Dibella went at Arum and the media you speak of who didn't speak up...but the boxing sites, there are writers who went after him, you clearly are missing a lot of info

But really, what are you prepared to do about it? If you don't like something do something about it, change it, if your not gon do shit about it then leave it alone
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 04:32 PM) *
You expect ESPN which is Rafael and Yahoo which is Iole to say something about the guy they dick ride? You should've known better then that. Boxing isn't a big sport, that's why bit don't get covered and I think that fact is why it didn't get pushed. But we see my man Marcus Smart situation getting broadcast everywhere. It's all about the headlines

You clearly didn't watch ESPN where the guy in studio was visibly upset by the remark, you clearly aren't on social media where many athletes from boxing and other sports and.fans and even promoters in boxing like Lou Dibella went at Arum and the media you speak of who didn't speak up...but the boxing sites, there are writers who went after him, you clearly are missing a lot of info

But really, what are you prepared to do about it? If you don't like something do something about it, change it, if your not gon do shit about it then leave it alone

Grismon said "I won't comnent on what Arum said" yes I do expect them to say something, they are fucking journalist. Which means they have a job to do. I am not saying Arum wasn't ostracized for his statement but on the major markets, he wasn't. And before you assume shit I wrote Dan, Kim, Iola, the dude from the LA Times explaining my disgust on their silence, now what else you got to say?
ryustuh
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 07:43 PM) *
Grismon said "I won't comnent on what Arum said" yes I do expect them to say something, they are fucking journalist. Which means they have a job to do. I am not saying Arum wasn't ostracized for his statement but on the major markets, he wasn't. And before you assume shit I wrote Dan, Kim, Iola, the dude from the LA Times explaining my disgust on their silence, now what else you got to say?

fat ass rafael's not gonna do shit. just sayin. props for trying though. cant let people get away with everything AND the kitchen sink now...
klonopinz
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 8 2014, 04:01 PM) *
The thing is, it was all in line with boxing, even in good taste, some of the shit was funny. When Manny was saying Floyd is scared of him people ere loving it, if Manny wants to throw bricks he has to be willing to take some.

[/b]
Then don't read it. This has nothing to do with Floyd asshole, but everything to do with WHAT ARUM said. It was disrespectful comment and a comment that has nothing to do with the bullshit between he and whoever concerning this fight. A fight that will not happen. People lost families, fortunes, land, self respect, countries were torn a part and bankrupt and many other things.

For the record, Manny is no Winston Churchill, more like Roosevelt, who wanted no part of the war.

i think you need to take floyd nuts out of your throat buddy. anything the guy says you copy. its pathetic. floyd says rob arum, then you start speiwing it like the faithful prag you are. bet you have a nice TMT tramp stamp above your ass crack too. if this thread as started by anyone BUT you i wouldnt have said that. Read some of the comments, its all about floyd. i bet every comment has the words floyd mayweather in it already.
Dolimite
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 9 2014, 04:49 PM) *
i think you need to take floyd nuts out of your throat buddy. anything the guy says you copy. its pathetic. floyd says rob arum, then you start speiwing it like the faithful prag you are. bet you have a nice TMT tramp stamp above your ass crack too. if this thread as started by anyone BUT you i wouldnt have said that. Read some of the comments, its all about floyd. i bet every comment has the words floyd mayweather in it already.

You dumb bastard everyone has been using the term Rob Arum. No man's nuts will ever see my mouth hand or eyes, that is your fantasy. Dumb ass I know Arum directed at him but Im focusing on his language. TMT stamp on my ass? I am good. Maybe you n eed ti take some pills from your picture and calm the fuck down. Speak when spoken to. If you didn't like the thread don't comment. Dudes must be on their rags today. Emotions are deep
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 07:00 PM) *
You dumb bastard everyone has been using the term Rob Arum. No man's nuts will ever see my mouth hand or eyes, that is your fantasy. Dumb ass I know Arum directed at him but Im focusing on his language. TMT stamp on my ass? I am good. Maybe you n eed ti take some pills from your picture and calm the fuck down. Speak when spoken to. If you didn't like the thread don't comment. Dudes must be on their rags today. Emotions are deep

lol, that's some funny ish right there, lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 06:43 PM) *

Good for you. But a lot of people did that, I sent a series of tweets out and essentially did the same thing you did. Is that your only solution to write them a letter. You could lead a movement against Arum cuz let's be real, a lot of people don't like the guy. You will never understand how to get these people's attention. Arum is a fool, we all know this.

Where I'm from we don't like it we do something about it. Everybody talking about this and the cold war etc but there's no movement from most fans. Hurt these dudes pockets and you have their attention. We all being cheated and misrepresented as fans but I don't see shit to change it.

We got the power to shut these fuckers up, we need to use our power to make things right. I believe Arum said that out of fear, how is he going to push Manny..look at the Marcus Smart incident and look at Arum's remarks against Floyd. It's reverse man, if Floyd had of made that remark he would be crucified
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Good for you. But a lot of people did that, I sent a series of tweets out and essentially did the same thing you did. Is that your only solution to write them a letter. You could lead a movement against Arum cuz let's be real, a lot of people don't like the guy. You will never understand how to get these people's attention. Arum is a fool, we all know this.

Where I'm from we don't like it we do something about it. Everybody talking about this and the cold war etc but there's no movement from most fans. Hurt these dudes pockets and you have their attention. We all being cheated and misrepresented as fans but I don't see shit to change it.

We got the power to shut these fuckers up, we need to use our power to make things right. I believe Arum said that out of fear, how is he going to push Manny..look at the Marcus Smart incident and look at Arum's remarks against Floyd. It's reverse man, if Floyd had of made that remark he would be crucified

Well fearless leader what do you suggest, I am down.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 10 2014, 03:24 PM) *
Well fearless leader what do you suggest, I am down.

I know what I would do but your bothered by this more then I am. It's more what tour prepared to do. And I've said time and time again what to do to get this shit to stop lol
MAHDI
Arum don't give damned about pissing off negros and latinos, and whatever whites who would waste time wasting breath criticizing him lol..Arum is untouchable... just accept that fact- He and Benjamin Netanyahu probably chop it up on the regular.. I bet he got money in the Bank of Isreal... If Floyd used Hitler referencing Arum he would pay big time. The ZIONIST controlled MEDIA machine would eat him alive
aTYpicalTYrant
It's hella funny when a Jewish guy that formally promoted (owned the rights to a fighter) feels the need to compare said fighter to a man that decimated his people..... I didn't even think Jewish folk could/would compare anyone to Hitler..... Lol
aTYpicalTYrant
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 10 2014, 05:12 PM) *
I know what I would do but your bothered by this more then I am. It's more what tour prepared to do. And I've said time and time again what to do to get this shit to stop lol

I won't be paying to watch Bradley vs PAC 2 or FMJ vs ? (?=Amihr Khan)

We as fans (primarily the casual fan) have to stop being sheep and shelling out money to see change. It's an easy concept. But for some unknown reason people just don't know how to not purchase a fight.....
Dolimite
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 10 2014, 05:45 PM) *
It's hella funny when a Jewish guy that formally promoted (owned the rights to a fighter) feels the need to compare said fighter to a man that decimated his people..... I didn't even think Jewish folk could/would compare anyone to Hitler..... Lol

Actually a lot of Jews were Nazis, talk about self hatred.

I haven't purchased a top rank fight since Sergio and JCC Jr. fought.
mrchitown
QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 10 2014, 06:48 PM) *
I won't be paying to watch Bradley vs PAC 2 or FMJ vs ? (?=Amihr Khan)

We as fans (primarily the casual fan) have to stop being sheep and shelling out money to see change. It's an easy concept. But for some unknown reason people just don't know how to not purchase a fight.....

I'm right there with you, I haven't purchased ANY TR PPV since that shit fest we were treated too way back when Mosley fought Manny. And I don't intend on viewing the upcoming Mayweather fight either

The way to get these corps and people to listen is to put a dent in their wallet
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 10 2014, 08:43 PM) *
I'm right there with you, I haven't purchased ANY TR PPV since that shit fest we were treated too way back when Mosley fought Manny. And I don't intend on viewing the upcoming Mayweather fight either

The way to get these corps and people to listen is to put a dent in their wallet

I am sitting out on May 3rd if it is Khan. I'm not getting Pac and Bradley.
pacco_diablo
I guess I dont get it. I understand that when it comes to Pac and Floyd, for the most part, there are two camps. It seems like anyone who remotely supports Pac gets labeled as a pactard. And whoever likes Pac hates Mayweather and is dying to see him lose. There's rarely middle ground. However, my opinion, when it comes to Manny, it's not like the guy is a scrub. He's earned the right to be called one of the greatest of our time.

Think about it like this... Floyd is the top PPV draw in the game, bar none. But who is behind him? crickets... It's not Ward. It's not a Klitchko, it's not even Hopkins at this point. So to me that makes Manny still very legitimate in the boxing game. Yeah, he wont do as many PPV's as Floyd but other than Floyd there is no one else in the game that will do as many as Manny right now. I mean is there?

That being said, Manny doesnt need to say Floyd's name to stay relevant. I believe that he says his name because he wants to fight him. Floyd doesnt want to fight Manny, and he's got his reasons and has always had them.

If there was a poll for avid sports fans on who you would pick to watch in only one professional boxing match, no red tape, no money questions, no excuses and I'd bet the house that the winning combination would be Floyd vs. Manny. So to me that makes all the tension between the two, their fans and the boxing world very legitimate.

And even though he HAS been the greatest of recent years, Floyd is not going to look so golden when history looks back, if not only in one regard, that's fighting Manny. That shits going to leave a shit stain on his boxing greatness legacy. Yea, that's my opinion. Floyd will always be the GOAT of making money though, and he seems to be good with that so more power to him. Take it all Floyd. I know I've given you tons out of my pocket.

Dolimite
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Feb 11 2014, 09:16 AM) *
I guess I dont get it. I understand that when it comes to Pac and Floyd, for the most part, there are two camps. It seems like anyone who remotely supports Pac gets labeled as a pactard. And whoever likes Pac hates Mayweather and is dying to see him lose. There's rarely middle ground. However, my opinion, when it comes to Manny, it's not like the guy is a scrub. He's earned the right to be called one of the greatest of our time.

Think about it like this... Floyd is the top PPV draw in the game, bar none. But who is behind him? crickets... It's not Ward. It's not a Klitchko, it's not even Hopkins at this point. So to me that makes Manny still very legitimate in the boxing game. Yeah, he wont do as many PPV's as Floyd but other than Floyd there is no one else in the game that will do as many as Manny right now. I mean is there?

That being said, Manny doesnt need to say Floyd's name to stay relevant. I believe that he says his name because he wants to fight him. Floyd doesnt want to fight Manny, and he's got his reasons and has always had them.

If there was a poll for avid sports fans on who you would pick to watch in only one professional boxing match, no red tape, no money questions, no excuses and I'd bet the house that the winning combination would be Floyd vs. Manny. So to me that makes all the tension between the two, their fans and the boxing world very legitimate.

And even though he HAS been the greatest of recent years, Floyd is not going to look so golden when history looks back, if not only in one regard, that's fighting Manny. That shits going to leave a shit stain on his boxing greatness legacy. Yea, that's my opinion. Floyd will always be the GOAT of making money though, and he seems to be good with that so more power to him. Take it all Floyd. I know I've given you tons out of my pocket.

What the fuck are you talking about? Your post has nothing to do with this thread. AND Cotto has big PPV viewers and Pac isn't a top draw you see his numbers from his last fight? Just humor me, why is the onus on Floyd to not want the fight and not Saint Holy than thou Pac? Only one person walked away from the negotiations.
mrchitown
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Feb 11 2014, 10:16 AM) *

I disagree with a huge chunk of this. Both camps have done and said silly shit to prevent the fight. To say Manny wants the fight and that's why he mentions Floyd is laughable, just like insinuating that Floyd doesn't want the fight is funny. In terms of PPV it's Mayweather, Manny, and Cotto. But in terms of Boxing, nobody in there right mind would put Manny anywhere near Andre or Bernard in terms of ranking...and I've always taken exception to Pacquiao getting fighter of the decade when it should've been Bernard who I will argue anyone on here to tell me why Manny won it over Bernard and even Floyd. We all have opinions but facts are both sides are full of shit and Manny is too, if he wanted to fight him then he would've stepped to his promoter and make it happen. And if Floyd wanted the fight then he would've sucked it up starched the guy already. The fight hadn't happened because of egos

History will look back on both men with tarnish in then somewhat if they don't fight, not just Mayweather. Yeah Floyd is the king of money but Manny's biggest and highest profile wins make him the king of selective matchmaking and catch weights. It's a two way street that some of yall are conveniently forgetting
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 07:49 AM) *
I am sitting out on May 3rd if it is Khan. I'm not getting Pac and Bradley.

I'm not buying either one myself. I definitely won't support another TR card until they improve the overall production of the cards. They have the worse PPV cards in the history of the sport. And since Bradley didn't go for the better fights, I ain't watching him unless it's on a stream or free network TV
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 11 2014, 08:59 AM) *
I disagree with a huge chunk of this. Both camps have done and said silly shit to prevent the fight. To say Manny wants the fight and that's why he mentions Floyd is laughable, just like insinuating that Floyd doesn't want the fight is funny. In terms of PPV it's Mayweather, Manny, and Cotto. But in terms of Boxing, nobody in there right mind would put Manny anywhere near Andre or Bernard in terms of ranking...and I've always taken exception to Pacquiao getting fighter of the decade when it should've been Bernard who I will argue anyone on here to tell me why Manny won it over Bernard and even Floyd. We all have opinions but facts are both sides are full of shit and Manny is too, if he wanted to fight him then he would've stepped to his promoter and make it happen. And if Floyd wanted the fight then he would've sucked it up starched the guy already. The fight hadn't happened because of egos

History will look back on both men with tarnish in then somewhat if they don't fight, not just Mayweather. Yeah Floyd is the king of money but Manny's biggest and highest profile wins make him the king of selective matchmaking and catch weights. It's a two way street that some of yall are conveniently forgetting

In 09 was the best chance of the fight happening. It didn't happen, from then on out it has been an all out "who has the bigger dick" pissing contest. Both sides play a part but no way will I ever except, "Manny was always willing to fight Mayweather and Mayweather is afraid or never wanted the fight" logic. Nor will I except "Pacquiao doesn't have control of his career so he can't make the fight happen" logic. He for Juan 4 times so he has a damn say so. I honestly wish that both fighters will make a joint statement and ask the media to please stop asking us about this damn fight. It is becoming ridiculous now. Has been that way for awhile.
pacco_diablo
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 11 2014, 11:59 AM) *

I'm not going to pretend to know why the fight broke down the first time. I've read all the reasons from both sides as to why it didnt happen and it's easy to get caught up in that shit storm of trying to defend either one, which is pretty much what you eluded to and I agree. However, we live in the "what have you done for me lately," times, so I'm separating the old saga from the new. The new saga being what happens from now until the end of 15 when Mayweather retires.

I still stand by my belief that it would be the fight that would win the "who do you want to watch" poll. What bothers me the most is that Floyd has pretty much already said, and recently, that he isnt going to fight Manny because of X,Y and Z reasons. That almost makes it seem like he believes that he's bigger than the game. Then to say, "Hey, I'm going to let my fans choose my next opponent, but between these two guys" is like false interactivity. It's hard to say that Floyd wouldnt be responsible for the fight not happening now. He has all the chips and he's playing puppet master.

I will admit that I'm probably ahead of myself because of my assumption that Manny is going to beat Bradley. So despite the angst by many on the subject matter, we will more than likely be seeing a more revved up version next month through May, right into the September sweepstakes.

On the post topic though, I don't believe that you can gain recognition or notoriety by just saying someones name or calling them out. It's a part of the boxing game that nearly every fighter participates in.

In regard to Hopkins, I love him. I love what he's done and who he is. I think his faults over the 2000's though are similar to the catch weight issues that you brought up. De La Hoya and Winky Wright were both "huge" PPVs (relatively speaking) and they were both smaller guys. Tarver & the beating he put on Pavlik were extremely impressive but Taylor kept him out of the running for me. Now Mayweather is a different story but the decision probably came in the middle of the shit storm between he and Pac, on the wrong day.
Rumpoffsteelskin
All I know is the the 2 times the fight was closest to being made, it was Arum and Pac that walked away. The first time it was testing (and Manny just tested his first fight a few months ago). The second time there wasn't even a contract, just Manny and Arum calling for a fight when they thought Mayweather was going to be in jail. Floyd got his report date pushed back and all of a sudden Manny's cut would not be healed in time and besides they needed an outdoor stadium.

Don't get me wrong, Floyd's antics have not been any better to stomach, but they just have not come with a real possibility of a fight being made as Arum's and Pac's have.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 8 2014, 01:20 PM) *
Floyds not in any hurry to bail Manny out of his tax issues nor should he. Manny turned down Floyds offer when at the time nobody was offering up 40 mil guaranteed. So if I was Floyd Id let that fool starve.

So as a boxing fan you'd like to see Floyd fight Amir Khan/Maidana over Pacquiao? Or like the fights with Guerrero/Ortiz/Cotto over Pacquiao?

I call bullshit.
Dolimite
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 11 2014, 06:25 PM) *
So as a boxing fan you'd like to see Floyd fight Amir Khan/Maidana over Pacquiao? Or like the fights with Guerrero/Ortiz/Cotto over Pacquiao?

I call bullshit.

I enjoyed the Ortiz and Cotto fight.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 08:31 PM) *
I enjoyed the Ortiz and Cotto fight.

Cotto fight was great.

Ortiz is a bum.
ryustuh
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 11 2014, 08:25 PM) *

I call bullshit.

i'll see how pac looks against tim in the rematch, but honestly i think he's so far gone from his former self that the match-up with floyd isn't even that appealing anymore. i still think there are exciting opponents for floyd including danny garcia and hopefully either thurman or porter. each of these fights pose the same risk (maybe even more) to floyd's "0" than a fight with pacquiao at this point.
mrchitown
QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Feb 11 2014, 02:45 PM) *
I'm not going to pretend to know why the fight broke down the first time. I've read all the reasons from both sides as to why it didnt happen and it's easy to get caught up in that shit storm of trying to defend either one, which is pretty much what you eluded to and I agree. However, we live in the "what have you done for me lately," times, so I'm separating the old saga from the new. The new saga being what happens from now until the end of 15 when Mayweather retires.

I still stand by my belief that it would be the fight that would win the "who do you want to watch" poll. What bothers me the most is that Floyd has pretty much already said, and recently, that he isnt going to fight Manny because of X,Y and Z reasons. That almost makes it seem like he believes that he's bigger than the game. Then to say, "Hey, I'm going to let my fans choose my next opponent, but between these two guys" is like false interactivity. It's hard to say that Floyd wouldnt be responsible for the fight not happening now. He has all the chips and he's playing puppet master.

I will admit that I'm probably ahead of myself because of my assumption that Manny is going to beat Bradley. So despite the angst by many on the subject matter, we will more than likely be seeing a more revved up version next month through May, right into the September sweepstakes.

On the post topic though, I don't believe that you can gain recognition or notoriety by just saying someones name or calling them out. It's a part of the boxing game that nearly every fighter participates in.

In regard to Hopkins, I love him. I love what he's done and who he is. I think his faults over the 2000's though are similar to the catch weight issues that you brought up. De La Hoya and Winky Wright were both "huge" PPVs (relatively speaking) and they were both smaller guys. Tarver & the beating he put on Pavlik were extremely impressive but Taylor kept him out of the running for me. Now Mayweather is a different story but the decision probably came in the middle of the shit storm between he and Pac, on the wrong day.

I know it would, but this fight is like a gallon of milk, the expiration date has passed on it. Now by no means would I not attend or purchase the fight if it happened but as far as relevance to their legacies and the history of boxing...it ain't shit. The fight now won't do much except provide some of us with the "I told you so" argument

I don't care whose responsible for what, when, and how, and now. It doesn't change the facts that both sides are full of shit and neither really want the fight. Could've happened many times before but both sides let foolish things get in the way. Sure Mayweather holds all the chips, Manny is a former shell of himself but he's full of shit too. His line is open 24/7 but yet when he got the call he said 50/50 which he didn't deserve and handed the phone back to the snake Koncz, Manny is weak. If Mayweather is the puppetmaster then Manny is the perfect puppet. I know newborns who make better decisions then him. I place the blame equally on all sides, no one can sell me on the fact that Mayweather is the cause now just because history has proven wrong...when they(TR) got called on their bluff 2 times, the only 2 times the fight was negotiated, THEY walked away. I personally don't give a shit what Mayweather has to say about Manny and I don't give a shit what Manny has to say about Floyd because it's all bullshit, ain't nobody lacing em up

I'm just going to say what I thought when I heard Pacquiao won fighter of the decade, it was a popularity contest...when taking into consideration resume, wins and a few other factors, Manny doesn't stand up to Floyd's and Bernard's resume, not then and not now. I personally thought it should've gone to Hopkins but he's not popular because of things he says and does...Pacquiao was the media darling around the time he won it. I mean look at it, Roach won trainer of the year last year from the boxing writers association...You got to be kidding me, why not Floyd Sr or Joel Diaz or Angel Garcia...it's bullshit

But back to the fight between Floyd and Manny, neither are in fear of the other, it's just egos are in the way. Both have stipulations and every time you hear about it, it's something new. Maybe we'll see it maybe we won't, but whether it happens or not I could care less. I just don't think we can accurately say one side is more to blame then the other
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 12:13 PM) *
In 09 was the best chance of the fight happening. It didn't happen, from then on out it has been an all out "who has the bigger dick" pissing contest. Both sides play a part but no way will I ever except, "Manny was always willing to fight Mayweather and Mayweather is afraid or never wanted the fight" logic. Nor will I except "Pacquiao doesn't have control of his career so he can't make the fight happen" logic. He for Juan 4 times so he has a damn say so. I honestly wish that both fighters will make a joint statement and ask the media to please stop asking us about this damn fight. It is becoming ridiculous now. Has been that way for awhile.

The expiration date has passed on this fight, I've been over it since 2012, which is when I believed it had no more relevance...you don't let a fight sit that long and expect it to be a great one. I except neither logic myself, I just believe it's equal blame on both sides and that both sides have egos that prevented it from happening.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.