Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley vs Hatton at 140 how would it have played out??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutUalBK
I was recently re-watching the Bradley vs Peterson fight and I got to thinking what would've happened had Hatton stayed at 140 and took on Bradley, I know Tim is the superior fighter and we know Ricky would've kept on coming but I think eventually that Bradley wins via UD.

How do you think this fight would've played out and who would've won?
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2014, 10:32 AM) *
I was recently re-watching the Bradley vs Peterson fight and I got to thinking what would've happened had Hatton stayed at 140 and took on Bradley, I know Tim is the superior fighter and we know Ricky would've kept on coming but I think eventually that Bradley wins via UD.

How do you think this fight would've played out and who would've won?

Um, good question. I think Bradley would of boxed him but I am thinking the pressure that Hatton would of Bradley would of been interesting. I think Ricky would of tagged him but I believe Bradley's ring IQ would carry him over.
mgrover
Well if Prod could do that to Bradley, I think Hatton with his head movement and body shots would of slowed Bradley down enroute to a stoppage.
AZWildCat
I'd love to sit here an say Bradley ud... but hattons style would have been a perfect match for Bradley style to create an instant classic. Lets be real the 140 Bradley has upped his game leaps and bounds since his days at 140. If we talking Hatton pre Floyd ass whooping trama I give Hatton a big fighters chance. It's not like Bradley is putting em away before The street lights come on. Hatton would be a live dog in a dog fight! So I really can't call it.
Cshel86
It would be two pit bulls in there, but I think Ricky would have his "oh shit" moment, once he finds out that he can't get Bradley outta there right away.
mrchitown
Toss up, Hatton loves to just make it a fight and Bradley at times doesn't shy away from one. Their styles would've meshed well together
Kratza
50/50 fight, something tells me Hatton's face wouldn't hold up and he'd be stopped though
Col Reb
Hatton by mid round KO. There's only one Ricky Hatton!
BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Feb 15 2014, 03:59 AM) *
Hatton by mid round KO. There's only one Ricky Hatton!

LOL, I wouldn't have posted the lol except for the fact that I know you're joking!
MAHDI
Bradley has goose down feathers for fists... Hatton would have a great shot at beating him
Franchize
It would have been a classic
Cshel86
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 18 2014, 06:34 PM) *
Bradley has goose down feathers for fists... Hatton would have a great shot at beating him

Braldey's power is respectable...not hurting....but respectable at best. Ruslan's face looked like ground chuck at the end of the Bradley fight, so we can't truly say that's he has feather fists. NOW...it does seem like his power doesn't do much early in a fight...until later when he's mentally and physically outlasting his opponents...I've noticed that over the years.
The Original MrFactor
The outcome depends on where the fight was held. If in Manchester, Hatton by questionable stoppage. If in the US, Bradley survives a knockdown to win a MD. Either way, it would have been a heckuva wrestling match. I can see Bradley jumping off the top rope to try to get the win...
Cshel86
On a scale of 1 to 10, how good of a counter puncher is Bradley?
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 01:52 PM) *
On a scale of 1 to 10, how good of a counter puncher is Bradley?

Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 26 2014, 01:34 PM) *

That should be enough to put Hatton on his trunks, maybe?
sduck
50/50 fight for me. Either Hatton smothers Bradley, or Bradley puts in that work, boxing him.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2014, 02:57 PM) *
That should be enough to put Hatton on his trunks, maybe?

Enough for a quick sit down yeah to stay down that's debatable
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 26 2014, 09:45 PM) *
Enough for a quick sit down yeah to stay down that's debatable

Couldn't agree more, though I have to dispute the times that Ricky's been on the canvas, and how he performed after he got back on his feet...not that great...usually ended shortly after. I mean Floyd, Senchenko, and Collazo aren't that big of punchers...though they aren't exactly the softest either.
AZWildCat
Very true but I'd have to label that senchenko fight his cotto moment ...he had no business ...well ...his management was inept lol for letting him procedure with that fight after his long lay off coke addiction and weight loss. He should have been fighting an ESPN NBC boxeo Azteca type fighter IMO but I'm no authority on anything lol
(Yeah I know thank God)
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 27 2014, 12:36 PM) *
Very true but I'd have to label that senchenko fight his cotto moment ...he had no business ...well ...his management was inept lol for letting him procedure with that fight after his long lay off coke addiction and weight loss. He should have been fighting an ESPN NBC boxeo Azteca type fighter IMO but I'm no authority on anything lol
(Yeah I know thank God)

Yeah that was a pretty tall order for Ricky, but who was gonna stop him at that point? His team wasn't gonna interfere and tell him not to...then they would've risked the chance of messing up their own personal paydays, rather than looking out for Ricky's best interest. He would probably still be fighting today, had they not allowed him to fight that fight.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 6 2014, 07:32 PM) *
Yeah that was a pretty tall order for Ricky, but who was gonna stop him at that point? His team wasn't gonna interfere and tell him not to...then they would've risked the chance of messing up their own personal paydays, rather than looking out for Ricky's best interest. He would probably still be fighting today, had they not allowed him to fight that fight.

Maybe they didn't want him to keep fighting, and wanted him to get beat. But realistically, the fight was to see, does he have what it takes anymore, since some ESPN dude just wouldn't cut it. Tbh the entire fight we saw that while he was a shadow of his former self(head movement and timing was way off), he still had some left in the tank
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 6 2014, 06:01 PM) *
Maybe they didn't want him to keep fighting, and wanted him to get beat. But realistically, the fight was to see, does he have what it takes anymore, since some ESPN dude just wouldn't cut it. Tbh the entire fight we saw that while he was a shadow of his former self(head movement and timing was way off), he still had some left in the tank

I can agree with that to an extent ....but it was still foolish to think you could jump back in the mix cold Turkey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.