Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: arum on gamboa vs garcia
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AZWildCat
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/02/arum-s...g-up-the-money/

Top snake and rob arum at it again now the delay to gamboa vs Garcia is HBO putting the money up for the fight Really I wanted to see Mikey fight
AZWildCat
Rigo but he jumped up. Not insinuating he's ducking Mikey was having trouble making weight and had to move up. Just a minor dissapointment. But over the weeks talks have been heating up for this fight.
AZWildCat
As fight fans we need to get in HBO ass and let them know we want this fight made by no later than this fall if not this summer. Speak up and out for the fights we want!
AZWildCat
That way the suits ain't hollering bout "nobody wanted to see it" like they doing rigo. They black balling our favorite fighters on some candy ass bullshit!!!
mrchitown
That's that bull. Why HBO would hold that fight up us ridiculous
mrchitown
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 9 2014, 11:45 PM) *
As fight fans we need to get in HBO ass and let them know we want this fight made by no later than this fall if not this summer. Speak up and out for the fights we want!

That's what I been trying to tell people, when you speak in numbers they listen. You want to get through to these people, you have to start hurting their wallets. They only understand a hard stance
Cshel86
Yall chill out...you know Arum's "letting this one marinate" too. LOL

I don't see why HBO wouldn't put up the money up for this one, unless they feel that Gamboa has a high chance of beating the guy that's supposed to be built up to fight Manny next year. Hmmm....
ryustuh
after seeing hbo chop down rigo for his "unappealing" style, i could see them doing the same to mikey especially after his "lackluster" performance against burgos. not enough of a push from the majority of fans to see these two. the masses would rather watch a ggg KO artist against no namers, and i'm pretty sure hbo is regretting not airing gennady's last fight given the amount of attention it got.
Jovi
They better make this fight soon, this fight will only boost Garcia, finally gets a KO highlight... If Gamboa has been getting Knocked down by Jabs lately, and versing LESS than elite opponents, when he fights the real deal like Garcia he will be outclassed.

Gamboa gets Knock down by Jabs and now wants to fight one of the best 1-2 punchers in the game (on the side of Top rank) ?!

50 cent already about to lose his promoting career, losing his 2 fighters Gamboa to Garcia and Kirkland to GGG
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 10 2014, 01:32 AM) *
That's what I been trying to tell people, when you speak in numbers they listen. You want to get through to these people, you have to start hurting their wallets. They only understand a hard stance

I'll be on they helmets every week till it's signed for this fight! I got a hell of a bet going at the moment!!!!

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2014, 12:55 PM) *

I don't see why HBO wouldn't put up the money up for this one, unless they feel that Gamboa has a high chance of beating the guy that's supposed to be built up to fight Manny next year. Hmmm....

Mike's his new "golden boy" so I wouldn't doubt it

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 10 2014, 01:17 PM) *
after seeing hbo chop down rigo for his "unappealing" style, i could see them doing the same to mikey especially after his "lackluster" performance against burgos. not enough of a push from the majority of fans to see these two. the masses would rather watch a ggg KO artist against no namers, and i'm pretty sure hbo is regretting not airing gennady's last fight given the amount of attention it got.

Ggg is a whole other issue able Sanchez is bout to become another arum type hypocrite Real quick! He's on video saying the quillen fight can happen and that Peter just scared ....if that's the case Lara better get his match this year.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2014, 12:55 PM) *

Yep, that worked well for Gamboa/JuanMa, too.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 10 2014, 12:17 PM) *

Very possible,

However, do you think HBO would shit on Garcia quite that fast? They still see him as a money maker. Garcia-Gamboa will be a good to great fight!

Jack
ryustuh
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 10 2014, 06:04 PM) *
Very possible,

However, do you think HBO would shit on Garcia quite that fast? They still see him as a money maker. Garcia-Gamboa will be a good to great fight!

Jack

i think it's been mentioned already, but it does seem like these networks really do pay attention to what the fans are saying so long as they have the majority behind their message and it'd have an impact on the network's cash flow. for a solid week after garcia fought burgos, the consensus on social media outlets was that mikey looked "awful" and the fight was a snoozer. ironically, a lot of this has to do with the piss poor telecast from lampley and kellerman. its almost like a vicious cycle with the negative aspects always getting the attention. unfortunately, the fans who actually appreciate the sport and still thought mikey put on a spectacular performance are in the minority, and even if we do speak our opinions, chances are we'll get drowned out by the overwhelming majority who expected more.

whether mikey's last fight is affecting hbo's decision to go forward with a garcia-gamboa fight who knows...just a theory on my part. i agree though it's way too good of a fight to pass up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 10 2014, 04:54 PM) *
Yep, that worked well for Gamboa/JuanMa, too.

It worked wonders! Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.