Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Golovkin fight Lara?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
Lara called out the big bad wolf of boxing at the moment. Neither man has a fight set up, will GGG take Lara or will he continue to fight GRJ's type of competition? This fight would be good. How can GGG handle a good boxer who can punch and can Lara take GGG punches. So if GGG fights someone else can we say that he is being protected or can the use "He is with another network" excuse. What do you say? What chances do you give Lara to win?

http://www.boxingscene.com/lara-tells-mana...golovkin--74510
MAHDI
Lara is a very good boxer puncher with good movement... takes a good shot.. can be hurt but recovers very well reminds me of Michael NUNN but better chin... This would be GGGs toughest opponent. Is Lara a 160 though??? can he make it comfortably?
ryustuh
didnt read the article, but i've been hearing rumors of lara's manager saying they'll even go up to 160 or fight gennady at a catchweight, which is absolutely dumb IMO. i think if lara is able to make the fight at 154, he should do it and pray that the weight cut has an effect on gennady's power and output. if angulo can manage to cut off the ring and land some bombs on erislandy, i think gennady would have no problem doing the same. lara better come in shape, he's gonna be on his wheels for most of the fight.

i'm happy ggg finally has some solid choices in front of him though. i think he should either go forward with andy lee or take this one into serious consideration.
Cshel86
I "believe" Lara's fought as high as 160 before...I may be wrong though. This IS a dude who couldn't seem to land a fight to save his life, so maybe.
mrchitown
Lara will test Golovkin like no other fighter has, I've seen frustration, doubt, and other negative signs by Golovkin in his 2 biggest fights in Rosado and Stevens. Lara will tattoo him but the fight really won't begin until Golovkin lands something of substance. If Lara is able to handle what Golovkin is throwing then Golovkin is in trouble. Lara is a well conditioned fighter, that's why he recovers so well. Plus he's quicker then any fighter GGG has faced and he has good pop himself. GGG's ability to cut off the ring will produce fireworks with Lara's style....I doubt we see it though
checkleft
Lara isn't in his weight class.. and hes already a thin jmw. But he's a tough fight for anyone. Let me put it this way, he made a guy, who got hit with everything but the kitchen sink by kirkland, quit. Dude has pop
mgrover
THE COLD WAR GUYS the motherfucking cold war...
Dolimite
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 11 2014, 02:31 AM) *
THE COLD WAR GUYS the motherfucking cold war...

I think the networks can figure this one out. TR isn't involved so it could happen.
For the record Lara said that he would go up to 160. I just Golovkin has a fight coming up in April, but it is against no one special. I am sure that can be worked out.
philly31
Has nothing to do with the cold war. GGG is with K2 and they have no problem with Golden Boy, so theoretically the fight could happen off tv somewhere overseas (because GGG couldn't fight on Showtime and Lara couldn't be on HBO). But I doubt the fight will happen because GGG has other options, like Andy Lee, Sergio Martinez and even Kirkland. Why would he slight HBO for a so-so payday and limited exposure against a threat like Lara? I want to see Lara on Mayweather's undercard against Ishe or Andrade.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 02:00 PM) *
I think the networks can figure this one out. TR isn't involved so it could happen.
For the record Lara said that he would go up to 160. I just Golovkin has a fight coming up in April, but it is against no one special. I am sure that can be worked out.

tbh I think GGG could go to showtime, I remember hearing somewhere his contract with HBO expires in April
Dolimite
QUOTE (philly31 @ Feb 11 2014, 07:06 AM) *
Has nothing to do with the cold war. GGG is with K2 and they have no problem with Golden Boy, so theoretically the fight could happen off tv somewhere overseas (because GGG couldn't fight on Showtime and Lara couldn't be on HBO). But I doubt the fight will happen because GGG has other options, like Andy Lee, Sergio Martinez and even Kirkland. Why would he slight HBO for a so-so payday and limited exposure against a threat like Lara? I want to see Lara on Mayweather's undercard against Ishe or Andrade.

Golovkin is already getting so so money, the hype behind is what msking HBO money. His opponents don't justify a big pay day.
Dolimite
http://www.boxingscene.com/wards-trainer-g...h-league--74552

I love Virgil!
BoxingEinstein

GGG should go for it, it would be his best win yet if he beats Lara. In most peoples minds Lara is #2 guy behind Floyd at Jr. middle so instead of fighting a guy who hasn't had a noticeable win in a while in Lee he should take the challenge from Lara.
klonopinz
this shit aint gonna happen. lara has fought at 154 hole career and ggg 160 whole career. lara is not the draw here and ggg barely is at this point. nobody but us wants to see this fight so its not gonna happen. too bad i would love to see ggg walk through laras shots like a swarm of nats
Dolimite
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 11 2014, 01:18 PM) *
this shit aint gonna happen. lara has fought at 154 hole career and ggg 160 whole career. lara is not the draw here and ggg barely is at this point. nobody but us wants to see this fight so its not gonna happen. too bad i would love to see ggg walk through laras shots like a swarm of nats

You stay popping pills, especially with that quote! And Golovkin has yet to fight anyone worth a damn at least Lara has name recognition.
Rumpoffsteelskin
I have mad respect for GGG and wont miss any fight he is in if I can help it. That being said, Virgil Hunter has a great point. GGG has yet to prove he can be the same "good boy" against A level talent. For a guy campaigning on the premise that he will fight anyone from "154 to 175" this makes at least the third or fourth time he has been unequivocally called out yet all he returns is crickets. Ward and Froch said anytime, BHop said let's do it, and now Lara.

And yes, GGG should fight them at their weights...he is the one who says he can not the other way around.
mgrover
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 09:00 PM) *
[/b]
You stay popping pills, especially with that quote! And Golovkin has yet to fight anyone worth a damn at least Lara has name recognition.

Well its not impossible, Stevenson is one hell of a puncher and didn't faze GGG, and Lara was put down by Angulo. I swear the Lara fanboyism on this forum is on another level. We get it, he's can box, now stop trying to shove him down our throat like he's the end all be all to anything.
KOpower
GGG is with HBO and Lara is with GBP. I also don't see why Lara should leave 154 to move to 160 and there is no chance GGG even does a catch-weight fight. There just isn't any money in it. No, this fight won't happen.
KOpower
HBO has rights on GGG. He isn't fighting on Showtime unless HBO allows it. Sorry.
checkleft
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 04:00 PM) *
[/b]

Call em like you see em bra
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 11 2014, 06:07 PM) *
Well its not impossible, Stevenson is one hell of a puncher and didn't faze GGG, and Lara was put down by Angulo. I swear the Lara fanboyism on this forum is on another level. We get it, he's can box, now stop trying to shove him down our throat like he's the end all be all to anything.

Here we go again...

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 11 2014, 07:59 PM) *
HBO has rights on GGG. He isn't fighting on Showtime unless HBO allows it. Sorry.

exactly.. ggg is making good money and without the risky-est of opponents. Don't see him changing that, just look at how he handled the ward situation, and the froch situation.. and the dirrell brothers situation after "the most ducked fighter in the sport" called everyone out all the way to 168
Plah
Call me crazy but I think Lara has unfinished business with Molina.

Btw, did he and his camp ever protest the outcome of the Williams fight? I remember giving Paul like 2 or 3 rounds in that bout. One of the worse robberies ever.
The Original MrFactor
Lara's got big bawls!! Kudos to him for making this request. Good fight imo...
ryustuh
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 11 2014, 03:18 PM) *

ggg is more than enough of a draw at this point to make this fight happen. there was an outcry from fans that hbo wasnt airing his fight against a no-name in adama. people were already getting hyped over a possible match-up with someone as unrecognized as andy lee. lara's not a huge name, but enough people know him to make a fight with gennady appealing.

imo, the draw isn't the issue. if the fight isnt made it'll most likely be due to the networks or the weight situation as ppl have already mentioned.
klonopinz
yeah but its enough of an excuse for ggg;s people to step over him. The netork thing is the biggest issue. ggg is contracted by hbo and lara is under gbp who nly ork with showtime. this is just a web of shit right now. sucks
HyyerBlaze
Why isn't he calling out Peter Quillen? They both GBP fightera yes?
Dolimite
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 12 2014, 03:42 PM) *

Cause GGG is saying everyone is afraid of him when in fact he is full of shit.
klonopinz
lara should know that fight will never happen, so he should be going after realistic fights with quillen and other golden boys. i dont even kno why hes rying to make a fight happen anyway, hes gonna get the inner of canelo angulo or molina charlo. Hes paid his dues ith shotime and on his fights.
HyyerBlaze
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 12 2014, 08:47 PM) *
Cause GGG is saying everyone is afraid of him when in fact he is full of shit.

I've heard similar things from Quillen.

Just saying...why not go after a middle weight you 100% know you can get...
leonthegee
3Gs promoter is already on record saying if Lara wants to fight 3G than Schaefer has to get Lara approved by HBO. Which could lead to beef between GB and Showtime. But then again its not like Showtime has their arms wide open for Lara. So its possible but I dont know how likely it is.

www.boxingscene.com/golovkins-promoter-talks-lara-april-return-monte-carlo--74624
MAHDI
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 12 2014, 06:42 PM) *

I spoke to Quillen a few months ago... he said he knows he can beat Golovkin
checkleft
QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 13 2014, 04:42 PM) *
I spoke to Quillen a few months ago... he said he knows he can beat Golovkin

That's all I need. I say we just put a W on his record then taunt.gif

But in all seriousness quillen can very much beat ggg, he's very patient with his counters. But he still has to stand up to the oncoming offense by golovkin while he waits and I've seen him shook a little a few times.

BTW. What ever happened to that quillen Jacobs fight?? Last I heard it was almost a done deal now its just silence

Cshel86
Quillen had unnecessary trouble with Rosado....not sure how he fairs against GGG...and that's coming from a guy who isn't a big GGG fan.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2014, 06:25 PM) *
Quillen had unnecessary trouble with Rosado....not sure how he fairs against GGG...and that's coming from a guy who isn't a big GGG fan.

You got to give Gabe credit with that fight. He looked good, I don't think Peter expected that kind of fight.
MAHDI
Besides.. it was a calculated punch by Quillen that ripped his face open... Quillen had a few problems but in watching it again never was in danger of losing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.