Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2014 Saturday Night/Sig Bet Standings (Updates-See Page 1-Post 1)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Gambit808
Admin Note/Update:

This Signature Bet Thread is a wonderful idea! Three updates we will put in place:
  • The thread will be pinned up for easy access for the fights! Thanks to everyone's ideas for this thread!
  • We will be required to close the thread, no later than one half hour before fight time. (Or the start of a PPV countdown show.) Users should than post in the on-going round by round spoiler thread goes up for any fight. This is to prevent Fight Spoilers in this thread.
  • We will re-open this thread after the weekend has passed. If this thread is not opened back up by say Monday Night, send me or one of the mods a PM to open it. That would be Cshell, Mgrover, or Max Payne.
Thanks to all for their participation and help!

Jack

Administrator

Ok, so let me explain. I got an idea to create a sig bet standing that would tally up Right and Wrong (W) prediction through each sig bet forum created until years end. It was more-so to be apart of this annual FIGHTHYPE forum year end award that we do here, and it would be for recognition/bragging rights of who the better fight predictor is for the year. Then I figured, I'd add to it, so that more people's names on here would be involved to make things even more interesting.

So instead of just "Sig Bet's", each saturday night event starting March 1, I will take down each prediction made before the fights start (undercard included). There will be three columns for use. The 1st column will be tallied for the Right predictions. The 2nd column will be tallied for the Wrong (W) predictions. The 3rd column will be tallied for the "Sig Bet" (SB) predictions.

Here's how it will look:
Prediction Standings
Right=R, Wrong=W, Sig Bet (winner)=SB

(R0-W0-SB0)

LEAGUE RULES

1. You will gain +1 if your chosen fighter is concluded the winner WITHOUT predicting how the fight would result (split decision, unanimous decision, majority decision, KO/TKO, Draw, No Contest).

2. You will gain +2 if your chosen fighter is concluded the winner ALONG WITH predicting how the fight would result (split decision, unanimous decision, majority decision, KO/TKO, Draw, No Contest).

SIG BET/LEAGUE RULES

Losers not only take a "L" in the Prediction Standings, but the losers also have to sport an embarrassing signature/profile pic chosen by the "winners circle" for as long as a 3 week (minimum) period. The WINNERS have the opprotunity of gaining +2 points in there win column if there chosen pick is right WITHOUT predicting how the fight would result, and +3 points if there chosen pick is right ALONG WITH predicting how the fight would result.

So for the winners, here's how it'll look if your chosen pick is right WITHOUT a predicted result: (R1-W0-SB1) +2 points

If your chosen pick is right ALONG WITH a predicted result, it will look like this: (R2-W0-SB1) +3 points

ANYONE WHO SHARES A PREDICTION ON THE ACTUAL FIGHTS PREVIEW/POST, THAT NAME WILL BE ADDED AND TALLIED ONTO THE STANDINGS LIST. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ON THE LIST, SIMPLY, LET IT BE KNOWN. ANYONE CAN JOIN.
mgrover
sounds like a good idea
klonopinz
im down. you gotta keep control of all this shit then. You gotta call the fights and make sure to add them in. I say just pick fights on the major ones, like showtime and HBo and PPV, no fnf or shobox. Were gona have enuff boxing with just mainstream networks we dont need all that other shit.
Gambit808
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 13 2014, 02:50 PM) *
im down. you gotta keep control of all this shit then. You gotta call the fights and make sure to add them in. I say just pick fights on the major ones, like showtime and HBo and PPV, no fnf or shobox. Were gona have enuff boxing with just mainstream networks we dont need all that other shit.

That's exactly what this is about.
AZWildCat
I'm 1-2 on the year already I took Garcia over burgos Ortiz over collazo and bute over Pascal
mgrover
What do you guys think of us doing the commentary for a fight?? Everybody tunes in to the same stream, one guy outta us commentates, or two even
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 13 2014, 07:56 PM) *
What do you guys think of us doing the commentary for a fight?? Everybody tunes in to the same stream, one guy outta us commentates, or two even

As long as no one does a Jim lampley impression I love it!
Jovi
Im too down, March 8th will be very interesting.
Cshel86
Not sure if I'm down...cant handle everybody knowing how many times I wrong with my predictions. Lol
klonopinz
march 1st - -- --- chavez vs vera, lomachenko vs salido, burns vs crawford
march 8th ---- ---santa cruz vs mijares, canelo vs angulo
march 15th ------garcia vs hererra, scott vs wilder
march 29th ------kovalev vs agnew
april 12th --------pac vs bradley

sig bets= pac vs brad, canelo vs angulo? try to sig bet 5050 fights right? maybe loma vs salido idk you tell me gambit
TheCritics
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 17 2014, 01:34 PM) *

sig bets= pac vs brad, canelo vs angulo? try to sig bet 5050 fights right? maybe loma vs salido idk you tell me gambit

Chavez, Salido, Crawford
Santa Cruz, Canelo
Garcia, Wilder
Kovalev
Bradley

do we need to indicate KO, TKO or UD, SD?
klonopinz
im just picking lomachenko, angulo for the hell of it, garcia, and pacquiao.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2014, 09:23 PM) *
Not sure if I'm down...cant handle everybody knowing how many times I wrong with my predictions. Lol

Pressure busts pipes cshels lol
Gambit808
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 17 2014, 01:34 PM) *

Only one I'll probably disagree with here is Canelo-Angulo. Don't get me wrong, Angulo has a heck of a shot at an upset but I don't think it's a 50/50 shot.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 17 2014, 02:34 PM) *
Pressure busts pipes cshels lol

Pressure makes me crap my pants. lol

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 17 2014, 02:36 PM) *
Only one I'll probably disagree with here is Canelo-Angulo. Don't get me wrong, Angulo has a heck of a shot at an upset but I don't think it's a 50/50 shot.

I don't know...Canelo has his hands full with Angulo in March. I think the upset of the year would be Danny getting stopped by Herrera...which could actually happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Swift fan, but Herrera is a tough customer.

Puerto Rico is one of those countries where the weirdest things happens to fighters...whether they're the hometown fighter or not (ala Lopez/Salido 1 and 2).
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2014, 03:52 PM) *
I don't know...Canelo has his hands full with Angulo in March. I think the upset of the year would be Danny getting stopped by Herrera...which could actually happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Swift fan, but Herrera is a tough customer.

Puerto Rico is one of those countries where the weirdest things happens to fighters...whether they're the hometown fighter or not (ala Lopez/Salido 1 and 2).

I agree too that Canelo is in for a tough fight, but it's still one that I see why Canelo will be favorited. Not just because of his popularity and being GBP future "golden goose", but because he has more than on tool that he can utilize if the other is not working if he's intelligent enough, where-as with Angulo, he's mainly an all pressure type clubber. This can sort of draw comparisons to Broner-Maidana I'll admit, but I would like to believe Canelo's a much more focused fighter.

I had the same feeling writing in your post about the Garcia-Herrera fight too, and yes, strange things do happen when fighting in PR. I say it's those damn women down there lol, but maybe we can make an arguement there maybe something in the air that so often in the past gave these upsets. We'll see how Danny handles the pressure of being the main guy we came to see.
Gambit808
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Feb 17 2014, 01:48 PM) *
Chavez, Salido, Crawford
Santa Cruz, Canelo
Garcia, Wilder
Kovalev
Bradley

I gave this question some thought and yes, if you predict the EXACT outcome of the rounds KO/TKO, no contest or draw, then you earn an extra point in the "R" column.

AGAIN, ALL PREDICTIONS WIIL BE NOTED BEFORE THE START OF THE FIGHT.
AZWildCat
Chavez salido Abraham Crawford
Gambit808
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 1 2014, 12:47 AM) *
Chavez salido Abraham Crawford

Is there a channel here Aurtor Abraham vs. Robert Stieglitz is being shown?
AZWildCat
Espn3
Jack 1000
To prevent Spoilers being in this thread, we will reopen the thread after tonight's fights have concluded in all area. Please use the round-by-round pinned up threads for each fight this afternoon and tonight.

Jack

Administrator
Dolimite
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 28 2014, 08:31 PM) *
I gave this question some thought and yes, if you predict the EXACT outcome of the rounds KO/TKO, no contest or draw, then you earn an extra point in the "R" column.

AGAIN, ALL PREDICTIONS WIIL BE NOTED BEFORE THE START OF THE FIGHT.

i got santa cruz and angulo for saturday.
TheCritics
my advice to the OP would be to allow us to attempt to garner the extra point by outcome (UD, SD, D, KO, TKO)

trying to guess the round? too much of a crapshoot
TheCritics
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Feb 17 2014, 01:48 PM) *
Chavez, Salido, Crawford
Santa Cruz, Canelo
Garcia, Wilder
Kovalev
Bradley

Santa Cruz SD, Canelo SD
Garcia KO, Wilder TKO
Kovalev KO
Bradley UD

Santa Cruz SD, Canelo SD
Garcia KO9, Wilder TKO5
Kovalev KO6
Bradley UD
Cshel86
Where do I stand in this thread??? I may have to go back and check my predictions in the round by round threads. I don't wanna miss out on the action here. A silly gut feeling of mine, wants to sig bet on the Broner/Molina fight. Chi was trying to educate me on Broner's chances of winning (if he's 100% focused), but again, my gut is telling me that Adrien gets stretched. cool.gif
Gambit808
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Mar 5 2014, 01:57 PM) *
my advice to the OP would be to allow us to attempt to garner the extra point by outcome (UD, SD, D, KO, TKO)

trying to guess the round? too much of a crapshoot

GOOD IDEA! I know the games have begun already, but I'll have this be the final acception/adjustment to the rules. THIS RULE IS IN EFFECT FROM HERE ON OUT! Thanks Critic.
Gambit808
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 5 2014, 02:01 PM) *
Where do I stand in this thread??? I may have to go back and check my predictions in the round by round threads. I don't wanna miss out on the action here. A silly gut feeling of mine, wants to sig bet on the Broner/Molina fight. Chi was trying to educate me on Broner's chances of winning (if he's 100% focused), but again, my gut is telling me that Adrien gets stretched. cool.gif

I thought u didn't want in on the action, so left I left you out dntknw.gif but if you ready to face that pressure man I got u.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 5 2014, 02:48 PM) *
I thought u didn't want in on the action, so left I left you out dntknw.gif but if you ready to face that pressure man I got u.

Chelly don't like pressure lol.

I don't see why so many don't want their picks public unless its a sure fire thing the Guy they picking gonna win....live a little! I know nobody wants to be that Guy that made a horrible pick so they can say what a horrible pick someone else made a talk about how they don't know shit about boxing
TheCritics
no doubt Gambit and good call AZ, nobody will get every pick right and this is boxing anything can happen (like CJ Ross, Laurence Cole, Abril-Rios etc)... we did one of these back in the ESPN forum pre robust days and I called Ward vs Dirrell super 6 final with Ward winning when everybody rode the chalk Kessler vs Abe finale like Fat Dan and his minion

good to see you have all your picks under your comments at 5-3 instead of the 4-0 standings, shows character

as for my boxing picks, unfortunately in High School when everybody and their mother loved everything Tyson, I always took the odds against him to the tune of Bonecrusher, Berbick, Tucker, Pinklon, Bruno, Razor, Bruno, Razor loss loss loss and didn't take Buster or Evander still (smh)
Cshel86
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 5 2014, 02:48 PM) *

Man I aint scared of shiiiiiit!!!! (I was honestly a bit reluctant though)

laugh.gif

I'll shoot you a PM about my suggestion...just a small one.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Mar 5 2014, 06:40 PM) *
no doubt Gambit and good call AZ, nobody will get every pick right and this is boxing anything can happen (like CJ Ross, Laurence Cole, Abril-Rios etc)... we did one of these back in the ESPN forum pre robust days and I called Ward vs Dirrell super 6 final with Ward winning when everybody rode the chalk Kessler vs Abe finale like Fat Dan and his minion

good to see you have all your picks under your comments at 5-3 instead of the 4-0 standings, shows character

as for my boxing picks, unfortunately in High School when everybody and their mother loved everything Tyson, I always took the odds against him to the tune of Bonecrusher, Berbick, Tucker, Pinklon, Bruno, Razor, Bruno, Razor loss loss loss and didn't take Buster or Evander still (smh)

I don't always go for the under dawg but I will if hes shown he shouldn't be counted out by such a margin ...robberies are common along with BS stoppages and upsets(2013 anyone?) All I'm saying is have faith in your fightgame knowledge and homework. Don't be a tool. And don't disappear from the thread when your boy gets mauled lol .....lick your wounds and we'll respect your honest pre and post fight assessment.
AZWildCat
Angulo Santa Cruz arakarwa.....(I was gonna take Molina too but...)
Gambit808
TEAM CANELO (***WINNER BY TKO***)
Gambit808 (by KO/TKO) (+2)
TheCritics (by SD) (+1)
Jack 1000 (KO/TKO) (+2)
BigFightFan (KO/TKO) (+2)
bnoles4life (KO/TKO) (+2)
The Original MrFactor (TKO) (+2)
mrchitown (+1)
Cheesey1 (+1)

TEAM ANGULO (***LOSER BY TKO***)
Dolimite (by KO)
AZWildCat
Cshel86 (by TKO)
klonopinz (by KO)
Plah (by TKO)
ryustuh (by KO/TKO)
mgrover
jtiizzle
BoxingEinstein (by KO)

TEAM SANTA CRUZ (***WINNER BY UD***)
Dolimite (by MD) (+1)
TheCritics (by SD) (+1)
AZWildCat (1+)
Gambit808 (by UD) (+2)
mrchitown (+1)
Plah (+1)

TEAM MIJARES (***LOSER BY UD***)

TEAM ALVEREZ (***LOSER BY UD***)
Gambit808

TEAM THOMPSON (***WINNER BY UD***)

TEAM ARAKAWA (***LOSER BY UD***)
AZWildCat

TEAM LINARES (***WINNER BY UD***)
Gambit808 (+1)
Plah (+1)
mgrover
ah go on, put me down for team angulo
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 8 2014, 11:24 AM) *
ah go on, put me down for team angulo

Wow! I really didn't expect this many folks to be riding with Angulo. I mean, I know he's got a shot, but I'd say a 60-40 shot. A 50-50 shot was when Perro was suppose to take out Kirkland in that 1st round to set up the fight with Canelo back then, or when he was suppose to follow up taking out Lara months back and here we are now. I guess my point is when the lights shine bright enough Angulo brings it, yet it's never enough. I still say he's to slow and sluggish to easily be countered by quick compact punches that Canelo dishes out, but I guess we shall see tonight.
mrchitown
I got Santa Cruz and and Canelo ol missing weight ass
AZWildCat
Live on fighrhypetv3 The chiraq veteran officially joins the mix.....back to you Steve....
mgrover
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 8 2014, 04:38 PM) *
Wow! I really didn't expect this many folks to be riding with Angulo. I mean, I know he's got a shot, but I'd say a 60-40 shot. A 50-50 shot was when Perro was suppose to take out Kirkland in that 1st round to set up the fight with Canelo back then, or when he was suppose to follow up taking out Lara months back and here we are now. I guess my point is when the lights shine bright enough Angulo brings it, yet it's never enough. I still say he's to slow and sluggish to easily be countered by quick compact punches that Canelo dishes out, but I guess we shall see tonight.

if he can tag a guy like Lara, and cut off the ring well, with a guy who moves abut as much as Lara, I think he can do damage to Canelo
Jack 1000
Round-by round thread is pinned up! To prevent any Spoilers from being posted in other threads, we will reopen this thread tomorrow when the fight has concluded. Please use the round-by-round thread for all comments.

Jack

Administrator
klonopinz
i pissed in the wind with this pick just for the fuck of it. im gonna have to be serious from now on cuz getting Ls sucks, especially two in a row.
Gambit808
TEAM GARCIA (***WINNER BY MD***)
Dolimite (by UD) (+1)
Gambit808 (by TKO) (+1)
mgrover (+1)
AZWildCat (by KO) (+1)
Cshel86 (by UD) (+1)
mrchitown (+1)
TheCritics (by KO/TKO) (+1)
BigFightFan (by KO) (+1)
BoxingEinstein (+1)
KSUN247 (by UD) (+1)
jtiizzle (by TKO) (+1)

VS.

TEAM HERRERA (***LOSER BY MD***)
The Original MrFactor

TEAM DE LEON (***LOSER BY TKO***)
Dolimite (by KO)
Cshel86
The Original MrFactor (by TKO)

VS.

TEAM LOPEZ (***WINNER BY TKO***)
Gambit808 (+1)
AZWildCat (+1)
BigFightFan (by SD) (+1)

TEAM WILDER (***WINNER BY KO***)
Dolimite (by TKO) (+2)
Gambit808 (by KO/TKO) (+2)
mgrover (+1)
AZWildCat (KO/TKO) (+2)
mrchitown (+1)
TheCritics (by KO/TKO) (+2)
The Original MrFactor (by TKO) (+2)
KSUN247 (by KO) (+2)
jtiizzle (by KO) (+2)

VS.

TEAM SCOTT(***LOSER BY KO***)
Cshel86
BigFightFan (by KO)
mgrover
Put me down for Wilder and Garcia, damn there just like gimme wins for that padded record lol
AZWildCat
Garcia ko/tko mayfield put it on Herrera effortlessly ..Danny must ko

Wilder ko/tko just cause most likely late but its coming

Lopez. I like to live dangerously
Cshel86
Yo Gambito, put me down for:

*Garcia by UD, after hitting the desk (like AZ, I like to live dangerously...from time to time)

*De Leon...regardless of what Lopez did to him years ago, Lopez has gotten the shit end of the stick in life PERIOD, since then...Ponce has been in better fights since then, and may have learned a thing or two.

*Scott- fuck Wilder...tired of that dude. I expect Malik to back him up the whole time with his jab...that's the least he can do. I think he gets taken into deep waters, and struggles to stay afloat. Scott must make his move, and make it EARLY. Did I already say, fuck Wilder? Lol
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 12 2014, 12:16 PM) *
Yo Gambito, put me down for:

*Garcia by UD, after hitting the desk (like AZ, I like to live dangerously...from time to time)

*De Leon...regardless of what Lopez did to him years ago, Lopez has gotten the shit end of the stick in life PERIOD, since then...Ponce has been in better fights since then, and may have learned a thing or two.

*Scott- fuck Wilder...tired of that dude. I expect Malik to back him up the whole time with his jab...that's the least he can do. I think he gets taken into deep waters, and struggles to stay afloat. Scott must make his move, and make it EARLY. Did I already say, fuck Wilder? Lol

Already! Dang, yo, you don't give dudes a break! What do you like? lol

Gambito has such a great ring to it!
Gambit808
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 12 2014, 03:47 PM) *
Already! Dang, yo, you don't give dudes a break! What do you like? lol

Gambito has such a great ring to it!

cool.gif I can live with this, why not lol.
mrchitown
I'm going with Danny, Wilder, and I haven't decided who I'm going with in the Ponce-Juanma fight. I'm not even confident in Deontay beating Malik because Malik got skills but I saw something's Chisora did to him that makes me believe that Deontay can fair even better then Chisora did against him. The Ponce-Lopez fight is a toss up IMO. Lopez is shop worn but Ponce isn't spring time fresh either
mgrover
Shouldn't we keep this record thing more for 50-50 fights
Gambit808
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 12 2014, 06:23 PM) *

Anything can happen in the sport. A win is never guaranteed.
mrchitown
QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 12 2014, 04:23 PM) *

I think what your asking applies here...as I see the Wilder-Scott and Lopez-Ponce fights as 50-50 fights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.