Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2014 Saturday Night/Sig Bet Standings (Updates-See Page 1-Post 1)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
mrchitown
Also going to take Joshua by tko....and Sergio Mora's boring ass by UD
TheCritics
get ready for a couple losses this week bruh... we are on opposite sides of DeGale-Gonzales, Vetyeka-Donaire and Groves-Froch
Jack 1000
Closed because the card in China should be starting soon. Post in the pinned Donaire-Vetyka thread if you know the result. If you want to wait till this afternoon to watch this fight and the Groves-Froch rematch on HBO, now would probably be a good time to not look in the Donaire Vetyka thread.

Jack

Administrator
klonopinz
i think gambit has gone awol
TheCritics
thats why I tried to offer an easier workload for him pertaining to keeping track of fewer players and fewer fights... oh well, he'll be back
AZWildCat
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ May 30 2014, 11:30 AM) *
30th may

Povetkin over charr UD

31st may

Gradovich over miskirtchian ud

Avalos over ishimoto ko

Vetyeka over Donaire ud

Walters over darchinyan ko

fortuna over rodrigez ko

lundy over cuevas ko

froch over groves ko

Mitchell over maduma ud

gonzales over degale sd

7-3 +5
klonopinz
ive been keeping track of my own score. im curreently 37-6-1. i suggest u guys do the same until he gets back.

edit: and be honest, this is a gentlemans bet
Cshel86
This may be a bit far in advance, but I can see Canelo stopping Lara. No, scratch that...Canelo WILL stop Lara!

Sounds worthy of a sig bet...any of yall ladies wanna dance???
klonopinz
im down. i got canelo also. laras shot wont phase canelo wastoever. if canelo hits lara he ill put him down, as long as he doesnt blo his energy on stupid combos he shud be good.
KSUN247
Put me down. I'll take Lara over Canelo. Lara talked the talk to get the fight he wanted. I think he'll show up and surprise folks with a clean win over Canelo.
TheCritics
I'm in... taking Lara and Sergio against any "El Angel" bulge enthusiasts
aTYpicalTYrant
I'm taking Sergio Martinez by TKO in 10.
I'm taking Canelo Alvarez by (controversial) split decision. Ain't no way GBP loses it's cash cow and a majoriTY of their fighters in a month.
klonopinz
im going canelo tko stoppage and sergio UD.
mrchitown
Centeno Jr, Gomez, Gauseha by UD tonight. And Yudell Johnson by ko tonight

Martinez by KO in the later rds tomorrow night
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 6 2014, 05:25 PM) *
Centeno Jr, Gomez, Gauseha by UD tonight. And Yudell Johnson by ko tonight

Martinez by KO in the later rds tomorrow night

Gomez didn't look good tonight, and that NY temperament is gonna be his downfall. When things aren't going his way, he gets frustrated and complains. Santana worked a lot more than he did, but Gomez landed the cleaner blows in the early rounds.

96 - 94
97 - 93
98 - 92

All in favor of Santana...

Gomez didn't do enough in Cali, but as the commentators also mentioned, that 98-92 card wasn't great at all. I can live with the 96-94, but it wasn't that damn wide....
klonopinz
i think sergio will win, but i wont be suprised if cotto beats him and fights a mayweather-esque performance. martinez is just a slower bigger target with more power and less ability.
klonopinz
i picked cotto to win this fight back when it was announced, my perception always warps during fight week, so i may switch back to my original stance and pick cotto by UD. cotto doesnt seem to have the ability and drive to win a UD anymore. i dont kno if it is lack of heart, lack of will to win, or old age. im hoping this is enough motivation for him to bank rounds and fight a smart, controlled fight with smart pressure and high work rate, controlling the ring, cornering martinez, and punching his way in with that signature strong jab of his. with sergios hands down like mayweather in their fight, cotto will have experience needed in fighting this type of fight. he has already been in a fight with a ballerina boxer in floyd, and he as able to make mayweather fight, and kept him from running around the ring. he will also do this with martinez, especially with martinez bad knee. he has experence with the trout fight which was a close fight i thought that trout edged him in with a higher activity level. i think cotto with roach is too much for a trout now days. i think that mean left hook that punished delvin will make its ay back into cottos arsenal and hit sergio clean on the chin throughout the fight.

the mayweather and trout fights are great fights to prepare him for this. if he could stand in there toe to toe with a big dude like trout and margarito, which is the same size as sergio, then hell be able to hang with sergio, expect hell be much lighter on his feet, and his hand speed ill be much greater than a standard middleweight, much like floyd when he fought at 154. cotto's footwork and lateral movement along with his rhythm will make it difficult for martinez to figure him out and catch him clean. cotto's defense is always up, like a veteran. now his offense is at 100% deadly with roach, but even with all that,

?????????MIGUEL COTTO IS STILL A GIANT QUESTION MARK!!!!!!!!????????

we have no idea how hes gonna fight and if he will be competitive or not, he may even get KTFO in the first 3 rounds. there is just so many variables going into this fight which makes it so dramatic and awesome! this is such a great fight for boxing!
klonopinz
winner of cotto vs martinez fights canelo vs lara winner..... imagine canelo vs cotto, or martinez vs lara, martinez vs canelo, or my personal fav, cotto vs lara!

edit: if they were to fight, id pick:

martinez vs lara= martinez UD
martinez vs canelo = canelo TKO
cotto vs canelo = canelo SD/UD
cotto vs lara = lara UD
cotto vs martinez = cotto UD
canelo vs lara = canelo KO
klonopinz
id love to see quillen and andrade in the mix too. i really want cotto to move down to 154 and win that wbo strap off of boo boo andrade, thats the perfect belt for cotto, its over at hbo, and andrade is ripe for the KTFO. i bveleive coto ko's andrade, he too young still. peter quillen vs sergio martinez, or canelo vs quillen at 160. also quillen vs cotto. id love to see frpch vs martinez or ward vs martinez if maravilla KOs cotto like he did in moist of his famous 11th round knockouts of old 2010. if sergio wins by kncokout hell get a mayweather fight offered to him dont you think so? especially if cotto (mrchitown is gonna cringe when i say this) if cotto EXPOSES sergio martinez even in a loss and makes him look beatable to floyds team or floyd himself if he sees the fight hich ofcourse he will, the inner of this fight is his best opponent for sept 13.

im curious as to where GGG fits into tbhis equation if martinez wins, becuz hell want a mayweather fight, however if floyd dont ant that cuz his size is too big, even tho it makes so much money, then id see HBO getting there panties wet thinking about GGG-Maravilla and they wont fuck this fight up like they did kovalev and stevenson. they lost that 175 superfight out of lack of aggression to make the fight ASAP and they lost the drive to lock it in in paper, and the guy was gone when they came to their senses. then again, its HBO and they are just plain old STUPID.
AZWildCat
Cotto over Martinez ko
Lee over Jackson SD
Vasquez Jr over sonsona md
Melendez over maciel ud
Price over zavorotynyi ko
De Leon over Roman ko
Butler over hall ud
Canelo over Lara ko
mrchitown
Verdejo by KO

Nelson by UD

Vazquez Jr and Andy Lee by UD's

Price by TKO

Ponce will win by TKO
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2014, 09:59 PM) *
Gomez didn't look good tonight, and that NY temperament is gonna be his downfall. When things aren't going his way, he gets frustrated and complains. Santana worked a lot more than he did, but Gomez landed the cleaner blows in the early rounds.

96 - 94
97 - 93
98 - 92

All in favor of Santana...

Gomez didn't do enough in Cali, but as the commentators also mentioned, that 98-92 card wasn't great at all. I can live with the 96-94, but it wasn't that damn wide....

The writing was on the wall in that fight, Gomez had to exert everything just to win the rds he won and then he just got dominated after a while. I was shocked to see him fight the way he did and yeah, that seems to be the NY way for some fighters
TheCritics
Sergio Martinez TKO10 Miguel Cotto

Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. UD Marvin Sonsoma

Jorge Melendez UD Javier Maciel

Andy Lee UD John Jackson

Felix Verdejo KO4 Engelberto Valenzuela

Jose Pedraza KO8 Arturo Uruzquieta

Willie Nelson KO5 Darryl Cunningham
Plah
Sergio TKO
Vazquez UD
Lee UD
Verdejo KO

Also I got Lara UD over Canelo
KSUN247
Martinez by KO over Cotto
Vasquez Jr by UD over Sonsona
Lee by UD over Jackson
Melendez by KO over Maciel
Ponce De Leon by KO over Roman
Verdejo by UD
klonopinz
cotto UD
Vazquez jr UD
Lee ko
Verdejo tko
Canelo tko Lara
melendez ud
ponce de leon ud
nelson ko
klonopinz
i got provodnikov KO algieri
mrchitown
Took some L's this weekend, got to get back on track this week. Andrade and Ruslan should help with that. Looking forward to seeing Andrade fight more then Provo. Been a fan of his since his amateur days
klonopinz
he had a few issues with martirosyan, but martirosyan is no walk in the park, andrade was the first ,man to defeat him, not even Lara could edge him out. i think he stops rose easily. i would love to see him against a charlo. or against kirkland.
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jun 9 2014, 05:13 PM) *
he had a few issues with martirosyan, but martirosyan is no walk in the park, andrade was the first ,man to defeat him, not even Lara could edge him out. i think he stops rose easily. i would love to see him against a charlo. or against kirkland.

I'd be interested in those fights as well.mi don't see the Kirkland fight happening, he back on that I deserve superstar money shit....Andrade and either one of the Charlo's would be good. I can't really say who'd win those fights
AZWildCat

Ruslan Provodnikov over Chris Algieri ko

Demetrius Andrade over Brian Rose ud

Glen Tapia over Keenan Collins ko

Jesse Hart over Shujaa El Amin ko

Jorge Arce over Jorge Lacierva ko

Hernan “Tyson” Marquez over McJoe Arroyo ko
AZWildCat
also currently standing at 70-17-0

mrchitown
Tapia KO

Jesse by unanimous decision

Arce UD
Hernan KO

Ruslan KO
And Andrade UD

Rose seems to be determined to make it a bad night for Andrade and Algeri had the potential to be the spoiler tonight. These are my picks but I'm not confident in any of them except Jesse Hart. The opposition in these matchups is going to make for good fights tonight that could go either way
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 14 2014, 10:56 AM) *
Tapia KO

Jesse by unanimous decision

Arce UD
Hernan KO

Ruslan KO
And Andrade UD

Rose seems to be determined to make it a bad night for Andrade and Algeri had the potential to be the spoiler tonight. These are my picks but I'm not confident in any of them except Jesse Hart. The opposition in these matchups is going to make for good fights tonight that could go either way

i hear you chi i think brian has the best chance for an upset those arce tyson fights are 50/50 but tapia to me is a 100% ko
KSUN247
Provodnikov by TKO
Andrade by SD
Tapia by KO
Dolimite
Can't stay long busy but GOOD JOB KINGS!

Ruslan
Tapia
Andrade

See ya'll in a few.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jun 13 2014, 06:21 PM) *
Ruslan Provodnikov over Chris Algieri ko

Demetrius Andrade over Brian Rose ud

Glen Tapia over Keenan Collins ko

Jesse Hart over Shujaa El Amin ko

Jorge Arce over Jorge Lacierva ko

Hernan “Tyson” Marquez over McJoe Arroyo ko

Provodnikov L
Andrade W ko
Tapia W ko +1
hart W ko +1
Arce w ko +1
marquez L

4-2 +3

77-19-0
TheCritics
good record... looking .802 winning pct
AZWildCat
By thread yeah its nice just for fun.
klonopinz
im taking guererro, alexander, russel jr, korobov, and crawford
Dolimite
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jun 18 2014, 08:33 AM) *
im taking guererro, alexander, russel jr, korobov, and crawford

I got the Japanese dude (I think Guerrero's lay off will hurt him) GRJ in a KO and Alexander in a split decision
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 20 2014, 07:22 PM) *
I got the Japanese dude (I think Guerrero's lay off will hurt him) GRJ in a KO and Alexander in a split decision

I'm not sleep over here either...I've learned a couple of years ago, to not underestimate unknown fighters. I think it started with that Lattimore/Nunez guy (the guy that Jacobs recently KO'd)....dude took the fight on 1 week's notice, and ended up dropping Lattimore...almost finished him too.
mrchitown
I'm going....

Guerrero
GRJ
Bad Chad
Dominic Brezeale
Karl Dargan
Mijares
Murray
AZWildCat
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 20 2014, 09:45 PM) *
I'm going....

Guerrero
GRJ
Bad Chad
Dominic Brezeale
Karl Dargan
Mijares
Murray

Nice picks chi
TheCritics
At Carson, Calif. (Showtime):
Robert Guerrero UD vs. Yoshihiro Kamega
Gary Russell Jr SD vs.Vasyl Lomachenko
Devon Alexander UD vs. Jesus Soto Karass
Chad Dawson KO5 vs. George Blades

At Wilkes-Barre, Pa:
Anatoliy Dudchenko UD vs. Nadjib Mohammedi

At Cancun, Mexico:
Cristian Mijares UD vs. Sebastian Rodriguez

At Monte Carlo:
Martin Murray KO8 vs. Max Bursak
AZWildCat
Gary Russell Jr. vs. Vasyl Lomachenko KO (No. 10)
12 rounds – Featherweight division (for WBO title)

Robert Guerrero (No. 8) UD vs. Yoshihiro Kamegai
12 rounds – Welterweight division

Devon Alexander SD vs. Jesus Soto Karass
10 rounds – Welterweight division

Dominic Breazeale KO vs. Devin Vargas
10 rounds – Heavyweight division

Sharif Bogere (No. 10) UD vs. Miguel Zamudio
8 rounds – Lightweight division

Martin Murray (No. 8) KO vs. Max Bursak
12 rounds – Middleweight division
AZWildCat
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jun 21 2014, 07:17 AM) *
Gary Russell Jr. vs. Vasyl Lomachenko KO (No. 10)
12 rounds – Featherweight division (for WBO title)

Robert Guerrero (No. 8) UD vs. Yoshihiro Kamegai
12 rounds – Welterweight division

Devon Alexander SD vs. Jesus Soto Karass
10 rounds – Welterweight division

Dominic Breazeale KO vs. Devin Vargas
10 rounds – Heavyweight division

Sharif Bogere (No. 10) UD vs. Miguel Zamudio
8 rounds – Lightweight division

Martin Murray (No. 8) KO vs. Max Bursak
12 rounds – Middleweight division

6-0 +2
Cshel86
Bouts to send a smoke signal for Gambit...where tha heck is he???

dntknw.gif
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 24 2014, 06:10 PM) *
Bouts to send a smoke signal for Gambit...where tha heck is he???

dntknw.gif

gambit been lurkin like a true troll

WE SEE YOU GAMBIT!

playing santa seeing whos been naughty and nice on these picks and records! ive double checked! cool.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jun 24 2014, 09:15 PM) *
gambit been lurkin like a true troll

WE SEE YOU GAMBIT!

playing santa seeing whos been naughty and nice on these picks and records! ive double checked! cool.gif

laugh.gif

That sounds about right!

He better be ready to tally up these scores...it's getting wild around here. Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.