Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez-Vera II-March 1st on HBO
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Guys,

The tremendous controversy, of Chavez winning a unanimous decision in a close fight, where it appears only Bob Arum and the three judges agreed that Julio Jr should have won, sets the stage for a rematch. The fight is from Texas, Vera is from Texas. However, the Mexican-Latin American contingency for Chavez Jr. as a money maker remains so strong, that Chavez Jr, in my eyes needs another big money maker as an opponent, so that the judges don't bend over backwards to favor him. Brian Vera does not have that money making ability. I think the ONLY way he beats Chavez Jr. in this rematch is by KO/TKO.

Do you think Vera is aware of this? Does anyone believe differently? Vote in the poll and comment.

Jack
Plah
Even though he was robbed in the first fight, I fully expect Jr. to beat him this time
mrchitown
IDK if Vera can pull it off this time around, but I'm hoping he can
Gambit808
I voted yes if Vera is able to repeat or do much better than what took place in the first fight... But I don't think it's going down like that. I believe since/why this rematch is taking place in the first place, will draw a lot of eyes towards how the judges judge this fight and IF IT LOOKS LIKE A CLEAR CUT WIN, then I don't think the judge's would be bold enough to make it controversial a second time out, but Vera is still gonna have to impress a heck of a lot more than Chavez to get that win. I got Chavez pulling out the win though.
wolterb
Only chavez fight I saw with fair judging was against martinez. Chavez just has to show up, throw punches and make it to the final bell against opponents like vera seems like
Cshel86
I voted "unsure" (shoot me).

I only say that because Chavez/Froch is on Arum's radar HARD, so there's a high chance that Vera wont get the nod. To make mattes worse, Chavez looks to be in excellent shape for this one...so I'm unsure if Vera will even make the final bell. We'll see though...
checkleft
Usually officiating is miles better in rematches. But I think chacha actually puts in some work in training camp for this one and beats him.
Jack 1000
Good article on the first fight here:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/9/29/47821...apes-california

Jack
klonopinz
hat a horrible fight, why do we have to sit through this again. if chavez doesnt look good in this fight then he should jsut give it up. I understand the first fight he was out of shape and fought the wrong fight, but no he has no excuses.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 24 2014, 05:37 PM) *
hat a horrible fight, why do we have to sit through this again. if chavez doesnt look good in this fight then he should jsut give it up. I understand the first fight he was out of shape and fought the wrong fight, but no he has no excuses.

I won't lie,

I haven't even watched the first fight yet. At the time I had no interest in it because:

1.) Brian Vera was being brought in to lose, no matter what.
2.) Chavez dictating the terms of the fight, the weight, Arum playing along with the bullshit and the WBC's love of Chavez Jr, SOLEY because of his father's legacy.
3.) Politics forcing a loss for poor Vera, just as well as them dictating where Chavez is now. Jose Sulaiman was Julio C Chavez Jr's. Godfather. I am sure his son Mauricio feels the same loyalty to Chavez.

I might watch the fight on VOD. Chavez Jr.wined and bitched about things all through the fight. Even Julio Sr. was a crybaby when he lost to Randall in their first fight, check the post-fight interviews.

Jack
Gambit808
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 24 2014, 06:37 PM) *

I agree, Vera took some steam out of the Chavez Jr. train. I'm one of those supporters of JCC, but I even got to admit he's been making it hard for me to keep on with it. The first fight was suppose to be a given and the fact that all the b.s. leading up to the fight, or his performance in the fight itself being sub-par, he'd been better off cashing in on either top draws around the weight division because even with a KO or more definitive win in part 2 Vera, there isn't much to gain in this fight. The fact that this rematch is even happening says a lot about who team Chavez feels who won their first fight.
AZWildCat
Ill repeat it again if he's in shape and serious this kid's a problem. The way vera training though it might be an end of the year award Type fight. Lets see what type of fire Julia lit up for daddy. Fatherhood can change the worst of ethics
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.