Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are your favorite fights to watch? Why?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
What are ya'lls favorite fights to watch? I have a few that remain in rotation. Here is my list in no particular order:

1. Parnell Whitaker vs. Chavez Sr. (never seen a schooling on that level, Sweet Pea's defense and offense was on full display, fucking robbery!)

2. Hatton vs. Mayweather (the fans made that fight spectacular. And Ricky Hatton's shit talking throughout the 24/7 was great and so was the KO)

3. Prince Nas vs. MAB (I did not think MAB could box Nas the way he did. He fought so smart and MAB was clicking on all sides. Nas had no answer for him. great fight)

4. Chico vs. Castillo (WAR...WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR... Fights like this! That fight gives me goosebumps every time I watch it!)

5. Tyson vs. Lewis (Cause ya boy made a ton of money off that fight)

6. Juan Manuel vs. Pac I (Great fight all around. Both fighters showed grit. Juan came back and made Pac work for everything! Great fight)

7. Sergio Martinez vs. Chavez Jr. (Old man represented. I loved watching Sergio be the tactician that he is. He had a perfect game plan. When Jr. knocked Martinez down in the 12, that was something. Good fight)

8. Mayweather vs. Chico (A virtuoso performance by Mayweather. At the end of the fight when he and his dad had that moment, it was cool to see.)

9. Shane Mosley vs. Margarito (Shit! Shane wasn't sugar that night he was a woodsman! Cause he was laying the wood on Margarito all damn night! i know that sounded gay but stay focused fellas)

10. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Bernard Hopkins (My kidney and liver hurt every time I see that body shot! Ouch)
pacco_diablo
trinidad vs joppy

Brewster vs. Liahovich

RJJ vs. Ruiz

Corrales vs. Castillo

Lewis vs. Bowe - oh wait a min.... forgot that we was robbed of that one.
Thickback
Khan vs Garcia....the arrival of Danny. Just an all around classic for me. Great action.

Mayweather vs Hatton....See above

Juan Diaz vs JMM....Fight had everything you could ask for. Experience vs Youth, a comeback, and a KO.

Hopkins vs Trinidad....Great performance by Bhop.

Mayweather vs Agustus (Burton) People who say Floyd never took a risk or don't throw combos need to watch this fight. Augustus gave him the fight of his life.

Pacquiao vs Hatton....BOOM! Down goes Hatton!! 0_0

Holyfield vs Bowe....My face hurts watching the punches these dudes were landing.

Gatti vs Ward....No description needed.

DLH vs Mosley 1....2 of the greatest chins ever displayed in this war.
Jovi
Keep em coming, you guys are just giving me a good list of fights i need to see smile.gif

Rigondeaux vs Teon Kennedy/Roberto Marroquin/Nonito Donaire. In that order too- What Makes Rigondeaux Rigondeaux is shown in these fights. Amazing skillset,

Erislandy Lara vs Alfredo Angulo- Wow, this fight is what a boxing is all about. This fight also showed me what Virgil hunter can do as trainer. Action all around with an unexpected ending. If it went one more round, who knows what would have happend.

Mayweather vs Marquez- Tsssssss, This is the first Mayweather fight I've ever seen and I thought he was the best fighter i've ever seen ever! Nobody had to say anything to me after that. I was following boxing before but after that fight it was one of my passions. To Make Boxing look easy is NOT easy at all, He looked like fighting the CPU in a videogame on very hard in that fight. Marquez couldn't do SHIT!!!!

Those are my favorites off the top of my head, i dont usually RE-watch fights, but you guys are naming fights that I Haven't seen. Now i don't have to wait till the weekends to see some good fights.

MAHDI
hopkins vs Echols 2.. This has to be one of the most rugged and foul filled fights of all time at middleweight.. It was funny as hell and exciting. Hopkins displayed footwork comparable to ALI and walked through hellacious shots from Echols.. Had not Hopkins been in the way, I think Echols could have wreaked havoc at 160...
Cshel86
Cotto/Judah -

Cotto/Torres - the beginning of Cotto's destruction

Cotto/Margartio I - still get chills from the pressure that Toney put on Miguel

Katsidis/Casamayor - full of fireworks!!!

Gatti (RIP)/Baldomir - Gatti was past it, and had no business in that fight.

Morales/Maidana - who didn't enjoy El Terrible and his legendary weakness to engage in brawls that he shouldn't be in

Morales/Pac I - Erik's last fight with anything left in the tank...anything after that, he was simply running off of fumes and instinct. Dude went in there and handled Manny, til he got stupid in the last two rounds.

klonopinz
marquez vs barerra - incredible technical masterpiece by both men.
pacquiao vs barerra - just great to see manny being this unknown guy stopping a top 3 p4p fighter at that time
duran vs hagler - one of my personal favs, idk why.
leonard vs duran 1 - classic superfight
graziano vs zale any fight - cant ask for a better middleweght rivalry. ridiculous fights
mayweather vs marquez - mayweather at his best. flawless
mayweather vs corley - fuckin brutal ar for money. he took it like a g
pacquao marquez 4 - increedible fight with a historic ending
bradley provodnikov - modern classic
klonopinz
forgot foreman vs lyle
HyyerBlaze
Barrera vs Morales 1-3:All three fights were FOTY type fights imo,can't pick one over the other.

Pacquiao vs Morales 1:Great bloody fight.Pacqiuao coming into his own with Morales still with that great mexican heart and boxing skills.

Ortiz vs Mayweather:Simply because of the comedy lmao.
klonopinz
QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 24 2014, 05:52 PM) *
Barrera vs Morales 1-3:All three fights were FOTY type fights imo,can't pick one over the other.

Pacquiao vs Morales 1:Great bloody fight.Pacqiuao coming into his own with Morales still with that great mexican heart and boxing skills.

Ortiz vs Mayweather:Simply because of the comedy lmao.

great classic rivalry. i loved when barerra punched morales in the face at the press conference. great stuff. gota love those 2 they hate eachothers guts
Cshel86
Does anybody remember Andy Lee vs Craig McEwan back in 2011 on the Martinez/Dzinzurik undercard (I believe)? That was a nice scrap! I think it was funny because of McEwan's ugly style...kinda reminds me of Carlos Maussa a bit.
AZWildCat
Wright vs Taylor good action good boxing
hamed vs Kelly elite
calzahge vs Lacy came out of nowhere to give boxing lesson
toney vs jirov all out action this was Lang vs drago lol
Abraham vs Miranda Abraham Finnished fight with jaw broken on both sides
pavlik vs Taylor 1 the build up and Finnish
Vargas vs de la hoya grudge
Whitaker vs de la hoya controversy ...I gave to oscar
Mosley vs de la hoya 1 classic
Mosley vs cotto classic
Morales vs maidana to dumb to back up
Morales vs Garcia 1 a better camp and Morales might of had this
Ali vs foreman classic
foreman vs moorer old dog vs strong pup
Bradley vs abregu underrated match up
Gonzalez vs letterlough lights camera action
Trinidad vs Vargas war
Khan vs Barrera showcase
gamboa vs salido tested
Franchize
Mayweather vs Gatti- I've watched this fight more than any fight in history. It was the definition of a boxing clinic.

Mayweather vs Hatton- Something about the atmosphere. I remember watching it the night of thinking "these UK fans are incredible"

Corrales vs Castillo- The greatest fight I've ever seen in my life.

DLH vs B-Hop- Some say RJ Jr's body shot on Virgil Hill is the best body punch ever. I remember watching this live and hearing DLH screaming in pain. Best body shot ever IMO.

Whitaker vs JCC- Sweet Pea schooled Chavez something incredible. Total robbery. He took Chavez to school and gave him extra credit and a science fair.

Paul Williams vs Sergio Martinez I- You wanna talk about a war? Incredibly underrated fight. Should be up there w/ the greats of all time. Still sad what happened to Paul.

Ali vs Foreman- So much inside and outside of the ring to talk about. Just an incredible performance under incredible circumstances by Ali.

Roger Mayweather vs Pernell Whitaker- wasn't the greatest fight but I liked watching it because people forget Roger dropped Sweet Pea and gave him hell.

Mosley vs Margarito- I've always been on the fence about becoming a Shane fan but man...homie dug deep and found that thing Bro Naz has been alluding to all along.
ryustuh
mayweather corrales - sold me on how good floyd really is
mayweather gatti - a highlight reel showcase fight for floyd albeit against a lesser opponent
pacquiao cotto - was there live and the fans/atmosphere were crazy
pacquiao DLH - even tho oscar was drained, i was surprised at how dominant manny looked
ward gatti 1, 2, 3 - for obvious reasons
bhop trinidad - great fight for bernard
bhop pavlik - another one of bhop's more impressive victories
andre ward dawson - boxing clinic 101. a very impressive technical display from andre.
arguello pryor - classic war
chavez snr taylor 1 - crazy
chavez snr haugen - don't like haugen too much, and thoroughly enjoyed the beatdown
toney nunn - big fan of JT
toney holyfield

gonna finish the list later too many to name.

Jovi
Just saw DLH vs Whitaker, the first fight i've seen from a young Oscar... I also gave this fight to oscar, I could give him more clear rounds. I like how close this fight was, and then for Mayweather to come back in another close fight with Oscar.

Larry Merchant gets more annoying with every classic fight i watch. Mayweather is my hero for saying "HBO should fire your ass!" lol everytime i hear Merchant i think the same thing.
Jovi
Just saw DLH vs Whitaker, the first fight i've seen from a young Oscar... I also gave this fight to oscar, I could give him more clear rounds. I like how close this fight was, and then for Mayweather to come back in another close fight with Oscar.

Larry Merchant gets more annoying with every classic fight i watch. Mayweather is my hero for saying "HBO should fire your ass!" lol everytime i hear Merchant i think the same thing.
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 27 2014, 05:18 PM) *

I think Jim was worse but Larry has had his moments.
mgrover
Pac vs Marquez 1 and 2, everytime I watch those fights I wish for another one lol
pacco_diablo
brewster vs liakhovich

5th round on (roughly 21:50 into the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EabdwgaHVhY

brain damage
pacco_diablo
and lets not forget Brewster beating Wlad Klitchko to the ground...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFDs5mT4JUs
BrutUalBK
I love watching:

BHop vs Trinidad-it was a boxing lesson

Floyd vs Corrales-because it was a master class boxing lesson

Lewis vs Rahman II-because the most devastating 1-2 ever thrown in boxing resulting in a KO

Tyson vs Spinks-for the look of a man in Michael Spinks being paralyzed with fear (you can actually see it in his eyes)

Louis vs Schmeling II-for the ultimate revenge factor and disproving the Hitler Supremacy Theory

Ali vs Foreman-for the fact there were many doubters who believed that Muhammad even stood a chance

Hitman Hearns vs Pippino Cuevas-because I've never seen a man do a drunken dance that way after being KO'd on his feet

Floyd vs Hatton-just to see the awesome check hook that sent Hatton flying into the Ringpost

Harold Graham vs Julian Jackson-one of the most devastating one punch KO's ever in boxing.

Just a few off the top of the dome, I have a catalog of fights from way back when that I like to watch as well but there are just too many to list.
Dolimite
QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 2 2014, 10:10 AM) *
I love watching:

BHop vs Trinidad-it was a boxing lesson

Floyd vs Corrales-because it was a master class boxing lesson

Lewis vs Rahman II-because the most devastating 1-2 ever thrown in boxing resulting in a KO

Tyson vs Spinks-for the look of a man in Michael Spinks being paralyzed with fear (you can actually see it in his eyes)

Louis vs Schmeling II-for the ultimate revenge factor and disproving the Hitler Supremacy Theory

Ali vs Foreman-for the fact there were many doubters who believed that Muhammad even stood a chance

Hitman Hearns vs Pippino Cuevas-because I've never seen a man do a drunken dance that way after being KO'd on his feet

Floyd vs Hatton-just to see the awesome check hook that sent Hatton flying into the Ringpost

Harold Graham vs Julian Jackson-one of the most devastating one punch KO's ever in boxing.

Just a few off the top of the dome, I have a catalog of fights from way back when that I like to watch as well but there are just too many to list.

You have that fight? Wow. I have never seen it.

Emmanuel Steward had me laughing the entire fight. I don't know why.

BrutUalBK
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2014, 10:38 PM) *
You have that fight? Wow. I have never seen it.

Emmanuel Steward had me laughing the entire fight. I don't know why.

Yeah I had it for a while and it was an awesome time when you know about the climate of the world at that time for Louis to do what he did, Steward was so wishy-washy; I remember listening to him as they asked him before the Trinidad vs BHop fight as to who would win and he would always say things like "I'm in a mess trying to figure out who is going to win this one" but then by the end of the bout he's saying "it turned out just as I thought it would."

I'd be like damn dude why can't you just be a damn man and pick a winner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.