Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adonis Stevenson is HILARIOUS!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Dolimite
I think Adonis is becoming one of my favorite Canadian fighters! This guy talked so much shit in this article. Some people are saying he is afraid of Kovalev and he is making excuses but I beg to differ. I would like Stevenson in this match up. Two things: Is it true that Adonis was a pimp and Kovalev killed someone?

http://www.boxingscene.com/stevenson-koval...orry-ass--74933
MAHDI
A haitian pimp? Interesting
Hotsauce
He about that life
KSUN247
He ain't scared, but he is funny. He's on point about John David Jackson needing a haircut.
BoxingEinstein

Obviously isn't scared as this man went through harsher times than a KO stoppage. It is true that Kovalev killed someone in the ring. I think the guy was named Roman Sikamov or something and it was brutal, you should watch it on YouTube. The Krusher simply hits that hard if you take constant punishment.
mrchitown
Start watching more Stevenson fights and you'd know the answer Dolomite. They've said it many times before

Stevenson just shut the building down, John David Jackson's hair been messed up for a while. He look like he's kin to Don King
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2014, 07:57 AM) *
Start watching more Stevenson fights and you'd know the answer Dolomite. They've said it many times before

Stevenson just shut the building down, John David Jackson's hair been messed up for a while. He look like he's kin to Don King

I been watching Adonis for two years now, not that long but never even heard of him being a PIMP. Of course, I turn off the commentary on HBO. Wow, that is crazy. I have an issue when fighters call out another fighter when they already a fight. It is a moot challenge by Kovalev, challenge the dude when no one has a fight.
TheCritics
Very smart move to sign with Haymon, to ensure HBO pays their fair share for the rest of his bouts and responding to Kovalev the way he did

Only a fool would allow himself to be dictated to by a network, fans or any fighter when he's attempting to have a successful career in boxing

I mean, take into account the fans want to see the fight, then strike when the time is optimal, not just because HBO want ratings and something to sell instead of a steady diet of Top Rematchnk's or showcases
KOpower
Man, I can't wait for this fight.
Dolimite
QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 23 2014, 11:21 AM) *
Man, I can't wait for this fight.

Who you got and why?
klonopinz
this is a hard one to pick. both of these guys are punishers. ill pick kovalev since everyone here is picking stevenson
beenKOed
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 23 2014, 09:15 AM) *
I been watching Adonis for two years now, not that long but never even heard of him being a PIMP. Of course, I turn off the commentary on HBO. Wow, that is crazy. I have an issue when fighters call out another fighter when they already a fight. It is a moot challenge by Kovalev, challenge the dude when no one has a fight.

That's strange, that's one of the first things I ever heard about him, seriously. Can't remember where I heard or read it though.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 23 2014, 11:15 AM) *

HBO did a segment on Stevenson before his ring entrance for one of his fights and it was brought up or Adonis said it himself but I remember it being mentioned quite a bit

Neither Kovalev nor Stevenson is afraid of the other, this is just adding more to the anticipation of the fight
KOpower
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 23 2014, 02:44 PM) *
Who you got and why?

That's like asking me who I got, heads or tails? Gun to my head I pick Stevenson, but I wouldn't be surprised if either got knocked out.
Dolimite
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2014, 01:35 PM) *
HBO did a segment on Stevenson before his ring entrance for one of his fights and it was brought up or Adonis said it himself but I remember it being mentioned quite a bit

Neither Kovalev nor Stevenson is afraid of the other, this is just adding more to the anticipation of the fight

Then you are right, I need to watch more of his fights. Who you got in the fight, why?

Just watched the Bulls and Heat game. They miss Derrick. Their guard play is trash, they do play hard. I dig that.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 23 2014, 05:53 PM) *
Then you are right, I need to watch more of his fights. Who you got in the fight, why?

Just watched the Bulls and Heat game. They miss Derrick. Their guard play is trash, they do play hard. I dig that.

Don't let one game fool you. We got a solid defender in Hinrich and a scorer in DJ. Without him the Bulls wouldn't be a game back for third in the east. They got another pass to the second round because neither Charlotte nor the Wizards can beat them in seven. Far from trash and they've beaten Miami with that same trash lineup you speak of

I for Adonis, Kovalev doesn't have some of the things that Adonis has. Sergey can't box, he can only fight one way which is why I'd bet big bucks that Bernard will destroy him if they fought. His tailor made for BHop

But if and when him and Stevenson fight I got Stevenson because he can box and he has better defense and personally I believe he has the better trainer in Javan Hill....lets not forget that John David Jackson let Mago get put on life support. He's displayed incompetence and he hasn't bothered to teach Sergey defense. Dude has no head movement. He's like a sitting duck, at least Adonis can slug and box and he has good movement
TheCritics
I would wager on Kovalev myself, but the scary rhetoric is typical nonsense... I prefer GBP but don't actually care for BHop, I would like either guy to retire him but I digress, as long as they both keep winning they will meet, novice fanboys clam up
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 23 2014, 12:15 PM) *

Yous a lie...
mgrover
As Bellew showed, Stevenson isn't untouchable, and am not sure if Sergey knows how to move out the way of a moving truck, so Stevenson takes the edge mainly because of the better D, who knows he may tighten it up if he knows he's in with a dangerous puncher like Sergey.
Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2014, 09:22 PM) *
Yous a lie...

I have. Not all his fights. But I remember I first saw him two years ago. Stewart was his original trainer before his untimely death. I just never paid attention when it came to his outside life. I am sure they mentioned it numerous of times just never caught on to it. Oh well. You learn something new everyday.

More importantly. how was that circus? Did you step in elephant shit? lol
klonopinz
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 23 2014, 07:55 PM) *
Don't let one game fool you. We got a solid defender in Hinrich and a scorer in DJ. Without him the Bulls wouldn't be a game back for third in the east. They got another pass to the second round because neither Charlotte nor the Wizards can beat them in seven. Far from trash and they've beaten Miami with that same trash lineup you speak of

I for Adonis, Kovalev doesn't have some of the things that Adonis has. Sergey can't box, he can only fight one way which is why I'd bet big bucks that Bernard will destroy him if they fought. His tailor made for BHop

But if and when him and Stevenson fight I got Stevenson because he can box and he has better defense and personally I believe he has the better trainer in Javan Hill....lets not forget that John David Jackson let Mago get put on life support. He's displayed incompetence and he hasn't bothered to teach Sergey defense. Dude has no head movement. He's like a sitting duck, at least Adonis can slug and box and he has good movement

and power and speed. kovalev can box a little bit as far as the mind goes. he may not move well but he knows what punches to throw and can figure guys out. He has a solid chin too, big ass chin. If he lays hands on adonis i think he wins, the question is can he. i dont think so, but you never know anything can happen in the ring. If adonis tries to get cocky and KO him i think he will lose.
mrchitown
QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 24 2014, 05:35 PM) *
and power and speed. kovalev can box a little bit as far as the mind goes. he may not move well but he knows what punches to throw and can figure guys out. He has a solid chin too, big ass chin. If he lays hands on adonis i think he wins, the question is can he. i dont think so, but you never know anything can happen in the ring. If adonis tries to get cocky and KO him i think he will lose.

When I take everything into account I'm not sold on Kovalev beating Adonis. His resume is weak, his defense is not even avg. He has power, I've yet to see him box and even if he could, he STILL can't box as well as Adonis can. Adonis didn't fight Cloud he BOXED him. Kovalev can't do that. Either man can KO the other but I got Adonis because I think he's proven to be better and he's earned the right to be the favorite
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.